MTG Modern General

How do you guys feel about delirium?

What are the best ways to get delirium?

How do you feel about Embalm? Seems pretty sweet in my opinion, I hope they don't just make the creatures with it trash to make up for the what seems to be pretty decent ability.

Playing, hating, brewing, sideboarding, teching, memeing?

How do you guys feel about Wizards saying the format is becoming too much threat oriented and is gonna shift to answers?

Can there be a good counterspell that isn't just counterspell?

>RESOURCES:
>Current Modern Metagame
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

>DATABASES:
>magiccards.info
>gatherer.wizards.com

delirium is shit
Play death's Shadow which gets delirium but doesn't play any delirium cards

Don't know enough about embalm

Brewing my Tallowisp deck. And I think Undying with Eldritch Evolution has something going for it.

Embalm seems fine as a mechanic. Don't see any deck in modern particularly benefiting from it (maybe dredge?) but it's just generally ok. Sam Stoddard's most recent standard article talks about powering up answers but still acts as if every answer needs to be super specific rather than just generally good so I doubt we'll actually see good answers anytime soon.

Need an artifact creature that wants to hit the yard early so you get half delirium right there. Sac land for 1/4, and then 1 cost instant or sorcery for last bit

Fatal push definitely felt like a step in the right direction.

>doesn't play any delirium cards
Nigga can you read Traverse the Ulvenwald, you know the card that fucking makes the deck?

Wtf do you mean it plays 4 Traverse te Ulvenwald

>Doesn't play any delirium cards
user pls

All me

Embalm could be very powerful in midrange if there are good creature who have it, which there probably won't be any that will be powerful enough for Modern. It's an oppertunity for card advantage, seeing as the card would have to removed twice.

Le successful bait meme

It's essentially just undying or persist that you pay for senpai

Agreed, but there's quite a few mechanics like that and the majority still don't see play anyway. Undying sees no play, finks is the only persist that sees play and it doesn't cost mana to come back a 2nd time. Against removal they're good but when your opponent top decks goyf you've essentially got 2 chump blocks for quite a lot of mana. The ability to use embalm if you discard the card like lingering souls is the larger advantage in my opinion.

Where's my fucking price drops on fetches you fucking kikes

How is Peer through Depths or Reach Through Mists on Gifts Storm?

Reach through mists is trash, peer though depths is okay. Don't know what I'd cut for it though.

I guess it can be played in place of thought scour/merchant scroll

>Undying sees no play

This guy slaps your lifedie on the ass for 2, what do you do?

Hard mode: He also has vines of the vastwood, guttural response and blooming defense in hand.

sac my martyr for 18 life then play ghostly prison

I got your good counterspell right here

UU
Instant
Counter target spell with converted mana cost 3 or less. Make it happen wizards.

Yes, let me cast my "better" Boros Charm.

I need tech
To put sorceries or instants from my hand to my library, preferably near the top. Red or blue.

>karn.jpg

Literally worse than mana leak

is this an okay storm list?
testing with monkey, not sure if it does anything sweet for the deck either than being a lotus petal. also 6 sb slots for madcap is totally worth, ritualing out an emperion is hilarious.

Can't be done in modern, See Beyone is the only card that does something like it but it's shit.

How about

UU
Instant
Counter target spell

Don't run monkey, and run 2 grapeshot. It's surprisingly versatile

Don't be stupid

Nah make it U/R and give them the option to let them take damage.

The day I found out force of will and counter spell weren't in modern was a really great day.

Miracle or shuffle in?
For the former, Telling Time or Mystic Speculation help, but Brainstorm/Top are not a part of this format
For the latter, See Beyond

Stupid because it would totally break Modern? Or stupid because WotC would never print it? Because only one of those is true. I think you know which.

Sounds pretty good, I'd run it

Would One with nothing and elixir of immortality with some good instant speed draw might do it?

FoW would be shit in modern anyway.

Stupid because it's too broken
I was being facetious

nope :^)

It wouldn't be shit, it would just be strictly played in combo decks.

I mean it's obviously the first since WotC already printed it. This is by far the easiest logic puzzle I've ever read.

>10,000 hours in ms paint

>counterspell
>broken
>in Modern

Wtf no, that would be unplayable garbage

Can't tell if trolling or retarded
Are you retarded?

Fuck off blue keks

Counterspell wouldn't be broken in modern at all and we all know it. It's literally only good enough to see play in 1 legacy deck and you're a faggot.

Countering Karn isn't a problem though

What deck would Counterspell be broken in? It might've made Twin too good in the late game, but that shit's banned now.

>B-b-b-but maro the mean man didn't wait to kill my creature until it hit the battlefield ;_;

You all seem to be unaware of what facetious means

but muh turn1 barals
grapeshotting a board is sweet but I treat it more like a wincon piece than a versatile card. Grapeshotting a board, then flashishing it back later seems strong though as a strategy

>Deprive exists
>nobody even thinks of using it

Esper Delver should be able to take advantage of it. They don't really need more than 3 lands to function.

Why would you even want to play a turn 1 baral?

Esper Delver is shit though senpai

Silly blue keks, I'm glad your shittery is crippled. Couldn't care less what you think.

Deprive is a shit card which is why no deck uses it.

Not an argument

>I NEED MY DAZE BRAINSTORM AND FORCE OF WILL!!!

Literally just give me preordain instead of visions and I promise I won't complain for the next 3 years about how shit blue is.

>Turn 1 Delver
>Turn 2 Deprive
>Turn 3 Deprive
>Turn 4 Mana Leak
>Get WRECKED WHEN DELVER DIES
Pointless

I never said anything about any of those cards you retard. If you think having to pay 2u and pick up what is usually a shock early game for a worse counterspell is good then I have news for you.

>Implying I'm making one, instead of just enjoying schadenfreude while laughing extra hard because I know WotC isn't EVER going to print them

Wew lad.

*UU

>not casting Mana Leak first

Blue is fine. Everytime they try to give it something, Blue ends up completely broken.
>Mental Misstep
>Treasure Cruise
>Dig Through Time
>Gitaxian Probe
>Jace the Mind Scuptor

sick maymay friend

Remember when blue was broken, like 2 months ago, back in the day during the Gitaxian probe winter?

>implying anything happens for a reason

I'm confident in WotC's retardation. Blue is going to stay kek'd.

Ah, yes, Gitaxian Probe winter. Infect and Death's Shadow Zoo were perfect examples of blue's degeneracy. I'm glad they're gone.

>T2 this fag
>T3 Eldritch Evolution
>T4 swing with Siege Rhino

I'm still not convinced in the value of this card over just hitting a T3 CoCo in Elves.

You being glad they're gone doesn't mean they're degenerate

Oh it does

That was sarcasm, user

Help settle this argument for me

>Using Veeky Forums as a Reddit emulator
This should be a bannable offense

Call him a faggot

It's a mono green stompy card, which wouldn't play siege.

Something more like:

>T1 Experiment 1
>T2 Geist, EX1 buffs to 2/2, swing for 4
>T3 Leatherback baloth, EX1 buffs to 3/3, swing for 5
>T4 another baloth, swing for 9, buff with aspect of hydra for 9, hit for 18, ded

Jtms, brainstorm, fetches+top

But those are great abilities, just neither yield to many great creatures. Really only Kitchen Finks comes to mind, but he is quite good. Embalm is only a bit worse seeing as you have to pay mana, but it dodges Graf Diggers cage which is useful, as well as can't be countered. The ability is strong, it's just needs to be included on powerful cards, which hopefully it will. For example, imagine a 4/4 vanilla for 2G with embalm for the cmc. That seems quite powerful, seeing as it's a decent sized threat that must be answered twice. Undying and Persist just lacked good creatures that had those abilities, or at least good enough for Modern anyway

Y'all should post your decks in this thread. Bonus points for sexy decks.

No one questions the mediocrity of the staple mono-green stompy creatures, user.
It's more that it's a solid Undying option that could prevent Eldritch Evolution becoming an opponent's 1-3 with removal.

We're both autistic, but you need to chill it with shilling "new player, the deck"

Yeah, never pimping a deck ever in my life after the twin ban.

>Implying I'm gonna go play fucking blue moon

Not a deck pic. Although I know your pain.

>i need to make miracles a deck in modern

Sorry user, can't happen. play legacy, its already a deck there.

HAHAHAH

this

>It's more that it's a solid Undying option that could prevent Eldritch Evolution becoming an opponent's 1-3 with removal.

By removing the targeted creature you're trying to sac which fizzles the whole thing, shiiet. Right. And Geist's undying would allow you to at least retain a 3/2 instead of getting completely wiped.

>"new player, the deck"

But I am new. Also, it doesn't get old btfoing $500+ decks with a $80 one, especially when they thoughtseize/inquisition the shit out of me but all my cards are so mediocre it doesn't even matter and I still blow right through them.

>By removing the targeted creature you're trying to sac which fizzles the whole thing, shiiet. Right.
That works for Polymorph, but EE's sack is part of the cost, it's already paid when you go to respond.

Is Aristocrats any good?

Other way around. The sacrifice is an additional cost. The sacrifice occurs before the spell is cast, and therefore before priority passes, so the spell can't fizzle by killing the sac target.
The issue is if the creature made by Eldritch Evolution gets hit by removal. At that point, a creature has been sac'd, EE is in exile, and a new creature has entered and gone to graveyard.

I'm tempted by EE, but I just don't think it's actually a good card. It's too vulnerable to interaction, so it's got to be used attempting something nasty if at all. It could power UGx (Sultai would be flavorful) by churning out a Simic Sky Swallower, and that includes options to protect against counterspells.

No

Has any hatebears plays tried beast within? It's an instant It can shrink goyf and shadow, answer walkers and adds to LD plan. Not to much worried about the token as it can't get through smiter,blade splicer,big thaila,brimaz. Flickerwisp kills it too. It seems like a good card to play as a 2 of. on the play with noble turn 2 seems really good. Yes,No?

There's a reason beast within is only run in meme decks

>playing an okay card in a crap deck
Go ahead, man. Can't make your Deck any worse.

It's a bad tempo play unless it's protecting your wombo combo.

Hatebears is solid tier 2 at the moment senpai, I'm really not 100% sure why but it is

Hatebears is fine. Why do people act like anything outside the top 5 is complete garbage?

>gay sex with hats
>am I gay if I enjoy watching...
I had a sensible chuckle.

Wait, Twoo edition?

Because of you're not playing the best you won't win. Decks > pilot