Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How can we save Ssalarn's scholar class from Spheres of Might? It still sucks.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1: drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might playtest:
docs.google.com/document/d/160bWvYewTwEXj9ZZv-jJ9-VrvGpYNHNcF8w6BMsdqgU/edit#

Sphere of Power playtest:
Creation Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1kitAB8sHgmuD3fvOMuI_KyV_dxpO2wrxQmbnCoRgglA/edit?usp=sharing
Dark Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zHRZyaMh_QwWcQ-ROGCjQyCdflD6cbm9VdEOJMpC06I/edit?usp=sharing
Life Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1wTv7VGj2qzjGnReD1lLRwC8iNG_G6f-a6XzMQlTB1yM/edit?usp=sharing
Mind Handbook Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1Kp4acH7zTk4e3DfPdYDfTk1jJClly3yp27Jfrf3FRWw/edit?usp=sharing

Gear of Power Playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1zIomq0TFP7uPdlFB8VRAIWQEjAXLV5CYpP3HmjySynU/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Handbook: docs.google.com/document/d/1xBfoH6YcTdD3kwjn3ikItWPBGzIm9g3SVkVvUQD1yUw/edit?usp=sharing
Wild Magic Tables: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NU5bK1Dyzu66KgIdrHNaaXBw1eHVpcHZHOh5BDaxMzU/edit?usp=sharing

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/elemental/elemental-air/large-air-elemental/
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules/#TOC-Whirlwind-Su-
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/dretch/
sites.google.com/site/bloodymountainpath/mechanical-information/archetypes-and-templates/frontier-huntmaster-slayer-archetype
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>OP isn't about nerfing Wizards
0/10

Fighters should be nerfed. They fight too well.

This thread needs more T H I C C android waifus!

Naw bro, not before they nerf rogues, monks, and vow of poverty.

9S a cute.

Vow of Poverty is the most overpowered option in pathfinder. It does at least one damage on the regular, which is completely unacceptable. How do we fix it so that it is more in line with a balanced option, such as Wizard?

Oh hey, speaking of Kingmaker, let me give you guys a tiny bit of advice for ethnic groups!

Brevoy is divided into two primary cultures, Issian and Rostlander. There is a generous smattering of Kellid in there - so much so that Hallit is a common language, but in practice you're faced with the Swordlords and Pirates.

Issia was primarily settled by the Ulfen, and being the seat of Rogarvian power they have ample admiration of dragons and draconic habits. Blonde hair is common here, as is blue eyes and redheads (due to the aforementioned Kellids.) Issians are tough and willful, having an ancestry of piracy that stretches back centuries.

Rostlanders, on the other hand, are of more imperial stock. Rostland was the nation furthest north conquered by Taldor, and as such has significant Taldan heritage - they lack the tanned skin of their southern brethren (due to mixing with the Issians and Kellid) but brown hair and brown eyes are especially common. The sense of national pride is also paramount to a Rostlander, being a people who were born by an empire and forged a glorious history through the legendary Swordlords. They are also famously willful and traditional, being sorts that pay heed to rustic wisdom or folklore as much as their own honest opinions on a matter. Indeed, I'd go so far as to say Rostlanders are the closest you'll get to the stereotypical Dwarf writ large.

When I get up I'll totally add more to this, if anyone has any questions!

2B is Bae
2Bae

Well user, I'm glad you asked, we should make it so that anyone with Vow of Poverty suffers a penalty of -1 to each ability score per total monetary value of items held in copper.

>2B
>thicc
Jesus christ you people don't even know your own terms

Ah, I see. And if the player ever enters a party that has money, they should also receive penalties. It is the only way to make that more fair.

>thicc = has an ass
user...

2B has a nice ass and thighs, but she has almost no chest to speak of.

To be fair Yoko literally screamed at the dev team that NO YOU CAN'T FLATTEN HER ASS YOU DUMBASS THE ASS NEEDS TO BE FAT.

>go to exh
>all these 2B & 9/ss/ doujins

Having a round bubble booty is one thing, but she's slender otherwise. A "thicc" girl would have a bit more meat on her bones, not to mention actually have a thicker frame.

Blingmaker GM, if you come back and see this: Can we assume Bastard (the campaign trait, not the social trait) is still locked to humans-only? I find that a little disappointing, but I can always fall back on Rostlander or Issian.

>!
Emotions detected

>/pfg/ moved on from fetishizing awoo to fetishizing the plain doll and now fetishizing the android.

you faggots and your seasonal waifus make me sick

>/pfg/ - Video Games

Don't worry user, my eyes are still set on Mary!

Veeky Forums - You don't need any other boards!

Reminder that a bionigger posted a few threads back

What's a decent excuse for someone to be wielding a nodachi outside of some small tien enclave in Avistan?

So far the only thing I've got is "My granddad won it in a game from/stole it from/took it off the body of a tien man in Kalsgard".

Failing that, what could a nodachi be refluffed as to wash off the weeb taint?

How's the psionic classes in pathfinder? Are they worth playing/having around in a strictly 1pp group?

>seasonal waifus
>I want to fuck X so she's my waifu
You don't know what a waifu is.

"An exotic sword from exotic lands that a noble family collected"
"A gift to a merchant / traveller who visited those lands"
"Spoils of war from a scuffle with ronin raiders"
etc

Sweet, thanks!

>Nodachi
THIS MAKES ME AUTISTIC ANGRY GRRRRR.

Elven curved sword is basically katana anyway

Refluff the Nodachi into some sort of Western-looking curved great-blade. Now it's not Japanese, and thus automatically better.

It's a miaodao. Granted this is just the chinese version but it's less curved and less likely to set off weeb alerts.

Alternatively it's just a bastard sword, who cares.

People will call it weeaboo anyway if it's East Asian.

Just call it a Claymore; long, spear-like sword from an exotic land, often considered weaker than "normal" swords but still cool-looking.

Why bother fluffing it? You don't need to fluff every single other piece of equipment you have, or do you?

So I found my character art for my Blingmaker character. He's a Prophet of Kalistrade.

Anyone who automatically blows his top because it's 'weeb' needs to fucking kill themselves just as much as people who throw fits because something isn't Japanese.
If it's for a reason like "there is no way you'd have a fucking samurai set as a guy in Stamford Bridge England" or "no that doesn't make sense, your chivalrous knight can't be using a katana" that's fine, it makes perfect sense, but if he can get around it by saying lel Miaodao or lel kopesh when that doesn't make sense either (if it doesn't), then the DM and the players need to off themselves.

He's afraid of being called a weeb by his friends.

Because it feels like I'm already stretching my luck to say "a Brevic bastard has a nodachi because X reasons", and I want it to be believable.

DHB's UC fighter literally does it. They're just called Equipment Trainings instead of feats.

Is this for Blingmaker, by any chance?

If so, just refluff or keep it as a normal heirloom nodachi. Most GMs here won't really care much.

Just downgrade to the falchion and accept the losses, you're still wielding a great weapon without having to stretch yourself over it in a game where I'm sure half of the men will be running around with fucking dueling swords.

If you really insist on a nodachi, maybe try a messer. I mean it's not a great parallel but 18-20 range general refers to curve swords and it covers the stat block decently enough. IF YOU HAAAAAVE TO KEEP THE NODACHI FLAVOUR, then just go over the top and play a weeb in a land where all the other boys want to be Aldori Swordlords. Leverage your sheet for characterization.

Alright then. There was a retired mercenary in your hometown, who boasts about travelling the world, and your character, who wants to adventure, has always listened to his stories, which made the merc like you.
When you were ready to start adventuring, he gifted you one of his spare weapons, a nodachi, as a gift.

Impostor DHB?

How come everyone was so HYPED for the Spheres of Might playtest, but now that it's been out for over a week, everyone is all "meh" over it?

Unsportsmanlike dev conduct, from what people say.

2hu splurged concentrated autism all over the broken parts of SoM and while Jolly used the pain to make SoM stronger Ssarln started deleting all of 2hu's comments and shutting down most negative reviews of his classes like the scholar and blacksmith, including other people's comments.

Sufficient to make us go reeee and not care as much.

There is some honest to god fun stuff in there but the quality of some stuff is variable in power and the optimisation ceiling /floor is heigh)low.

Anyone have the Monster Hunter's handbook? A little curious about the archetypes

I dare you to make an Aldori Swordlord archetyped Fighter for Blingmaker /pfg/. I double dog dicky dare you.

I have it. What do you want to ask about? Prefacing this by saying that the book is shit.

How bad is Disciple of the Pike?

Actually, it's probably one of the better archetypes in this book. Losing the most important defining feature of a cavalier helps.

That...actually sounds like it could work fairly well.
Somebody tell me I'm crazy before I actually roll a character with that archetype.

Well, having a fully functional Weapon Training would make it really good, but no chance to get extra groups to trade for AWTs nor fighter levels to pick the feat for extra AWTs prevents the archetype from being great.

Psychodermist (Occultist) please!

I know nothing about Occult classes but here you are.

In Espagnoll's Shattered Star a yokai kitsune PC died by poisoning after an ambush from a giant black widow spider.

I imagine a lot of stupid shit happened in an Espagnoll game.

Faaaaascinating.

I WANT TO PLAY WITH DHB

SOMEONE LET ME ERP WITH HIM

In which fa/tg/uy campaign no stupid shit ever happened, user?

They're pretty neat, and actually fit very well in otherwise only 1pp games, as they don't add system wide changes like SoP or PoW.

Can I see Defender of the True World?

> Espagnoll ... died by poisoning
at first I rejoiced but then I read the whole sentence

Not one person dropped 50 gp on a potion of delay poison, huh?

Lazy stitch. A lot of the archetypes in this book deal in sniping certain enemy types, some come in the form of being pretty decent at it at the cost of suffering the plight of Rangers everywhere, others are just worse than their best classes. You can decide where this one falls.

It was a yokai kitsune, I'm rejoicing anyway.

Hmm, I could see this archetype being well worth it.
Just glad it buffs Wild Shape, as Druid archetypes are famous for fucking with it. (ie. Treat you level as 4 lower when not a specific creature)
If I thought I was going to be fighting Fey, this is the Druid I'd bring.

>Counterstrike (Ex)

>At 16th level, whenever an enemy within reach of the magus successfully casts a spell defensively, that enemy provokes an attack of opportunity from the magus after the spell is complete. This attack of opportunity cannot disrupt the spell.

Why have I never seen or heard anyone mention this ability ever? Is it just because it's inconsequential, or because you only get it at level 16?

Neat, can you post the page that has the "Harvest Parts" feat on it?

A bit of both. You not only need to be threatening them but it doesn't do anything until after the spell is casts. It's a really weak ability for level 16. It'd be ok if it let you attempt to counter spell.

Six strong party anf none of them had antitoxin potions nor delay poison.

Okie doke.

I'm just fiddling with rehomebrewing Magus from the ground up with spheres and there's just a lot of extraneous shit here. Stuff that does nothing but fill space.

I guess this is why Magi are relegated to the same shocking grasp shit from level 1-2, they don't GET anything else.

Rolled 4, 5 = 9 (2d10)

Do you guys think traits from something like a planetouched bloodline might be able to "rub off" through certain methods? Like blood transfusions, regular contact via certain spells that establish some kind of link, or even something else?

I'm wondering if the long-term effects of, say, being married to a fey or some manner of outsider might bestow a longer lifespan or other mostly-cosmetic traits upon their lover/spouse.

It might do.

Given that people can get Sorcerer 'bloodlines' from things post-birth, sure why not?

If a guy can get the Undead bloodline from being born dead and then resuscitated, a guy married to a dragon can passively pick up dragon juju.

Especially if she filled full of dragon juju

What about an aasimar or tiefling? Could they imbue someone with a tiny bit of their own celestial/fiendish essence, or would it take something like a bloodline/Eldritch Heritage to make that happen?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/elemental/elemental-air/large-air-elemental/

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules-for-monsters/universal-monster-rules/#TOC-Whirlwind-Su-

Is there anything stopping a CR 5 Large air elemental from picking up the entire party in a whirlwind, flying 200 feet up, and then dropping the party for 20d6 falling damage?

Superior tactics.

>PLD closes
>we're not still talking about it
I'm relieved, but also a little disappointed.

Where are the accusations that people got in literally because they gave Vult boners?

About a thread back, along with some discussion of how to artfully and tastefully write about troll-on-human rape.

To think it's a choice between that bullshit and stormwind arguments.

By not being a dick

>it might not think to do so unless ordered
>at least half of them would probably make their saves
But most importantly,
>if you kill the party to prove you're smarter than them, you're not going to be running any games anytime soon thereafter

A lot of enemies aren't supposed to be played with that tactical smartness.
Take the Dretch, for example.
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/demon/dretch/
CR 2, but 2-3 of them can put a level 4 or 5 party in trouble if they spam stinking cloud and have a higher level demon with them to deal the damage.

Great, we can talk about some other games then.
How's Legacy of Blood and Fire doing? Has anybody actually expanded on their backstory yet, or are the majority of them still just bullet point lists?

Just gonna drop this here, an initiating slayer. It's more or less just "Hidden Blade but for Slayer" but it wasn't that hard to convert

sites.google.com/site/bloodymountainpath/mechanical-information/archetypes-and-templates/frontier-huntmaster-slayer-archetype

>SoM
>2hu splurged concentrated autism all over the broken parts of SoM and while Jolly used the pain to make SoM stronger Ssarln started deleting all of 2hu's comments and shutting down most negative reviews of his classes like the scholar and blacksmith, including other people's comments

So into the trash it goes?

Cashmere's eyes began to water as the Troll's putrid breath roiled around her head, stifling her sense of smell with the rancid scent of rotting flesh. She felt its hot, sticky saliva patter against her immaculate breasts, and she squirmed and struggled as the creature clutched at her legs with its thick hands, spreading them apart as its engorged member poked out from beneath the brute's loincloth.

Cashmere cried out in pain as the Troll plunged its gnarled cock deep inside her, its slick, mossy thighs slapping against her milky white skin to the rhythm of its primal heartbeat. Tears poured down her cheeks as her breath quickened, gasping in agony with each pounding blow inside her. No longer did she struggle; instead her fingers gripped and clawed at the soil beneath her, finding no purchase there, but instead scrabbling and scratching in vain.

Her muscles tightened and her stomach churned as the beast continued its foul rutting, her thighs now stained with grime from the creature's own vile skin. Cashmere no longer cried out, and her legs had gone limp in the creature's hands. She wept quietly to herself, taking rattling breaths as the beast pumped away at her fountain, its overwhelming girth tearing into her nubile body.

The Troll's grunting grew noisier, and the gouts of hot breath against Cashmere's chest and face grew more frequent. With a palpable quiver, the creature's cock erupted with hot seed, and such was its volume that Cashmere could feel it squelching and slipping out around the beast's member, to drip down to her pale buttocks. Cashmere's body shuddered, and she weakly attempted to call for help, as the creature finished the deed. The Troll withdrew, momentarily spent, and released its grip on her legs, leaving bruises where it had squeezed her thighs in the throes of its bestial passions. It picked up the girl, and flung her over one shoulder before trudging off into the wood, her screams ringing through the night.

Yeah, they'll just pick a new DM if you start being a dick

I used to coming up with things as I go along. Writing things out like this is hard.

I'm really glad my favorite apps made it in. Makes me think there's Justice in this world. I hope my favorite Blingmakers get in too.

It's not. We just have a cadre of retards like you that equate any mechanical discussion to muh stormwind. Because how dare people talk about mechanics!

You just want to read the logs don't you?