/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/princes-gambit-joy-exalted-plans-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question:
What's the oddest setting you've played in?

Other urls found in this thread:

white-wolf.com/community/
drivethrurpg.com/product/208683/Scion-Frost-Giant-Butt-Warriors
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anybody have our notes for the Las Vegas freehold? I got some time to work on it tomorrow.

i've been trying to get a group together for a ww2 werewolf the apocalypse game! i guess it is not that weird?

Played in a game where we made generric vampires in a mythic age, which turned into a 'play as Antediluvian, found a Clan, play as someone else's Clan in the end of the game'. Was totes awesome.

sounds sweet

IT was pretty boss. There were 8 of us, we ended up with a lot of interesting stuff. ST had made mechanics and costs to 'lock' Disciplines to yourself, outside of a few that were meant to be universal, so you could have NWoD-esque unique clan powers. I started out as a high humanity guy with an alteration of the Coils of the Dragon as a 'more human than human' angle of vampirism. And then my student and one of my first childer were killed, and I fell off the wagon and went full Metamorphosis with Vicissitude. Was fun stuff.

>totes
>sweet
>boss

pls stop triggering me

come to think of it it sounds like vampire conan hyborean age kek

What kind of idiot mage doesn't prepare?

You should use 4plebs more.

That was the point, I think. It was unique and fun. In the end, we played a final few sessions in the near-future age, each of us playing a clan/descendant of another player's ante.

wow sounds epic

but it would be totes sweet if we didn't have to boss

My group's games that go off the rails often just become stupid settings. Like we infiltrated, took over and *became* the secret government in Mage and this weird espionage shit just turned into the daily life of the setting. Our setting was then a sea of suits secretly running the show under every door, and the objectives became the madness of trying to find actual specific people within that system who were intent on fucking everything up. Like the last part of the Thomas Crown Affair but all day.

Dark Pack is back, for all your DP fanfic

white-wolf.com/community/

>mfw I read a story about some people playing a tabletop game and doing something totally ridiculous in the context of the setting way too easily, and I know its completely impossible or at least very difficult and it was probably accomplished within a few sessions by very weak beings in the confines of the setting, but it doesn't matter because it was probably hilarious and a blast for those involved.

Assloads of money and the key to the city. And you don't even have to sell out to the throne.

Old Changeling is really about growing old in a young man's fandom, and the Union is about to split between the euphorics and the fascists

Already did it with a Transhuman Engineer.

Symbols are inherently subjective and the supernal lies within. Dave's opinion is irrelevant.

There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.

I like runic tattoos on a womans skin so I think its one of the sexiest yantras

Whats a good legacy or shadow name that would allow using barefoot as a yantra?

its almost always a better question to ask "What spell would this be a good Yantra for"

>There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.

Dave mentioned that doesn't work anymore, and that the person who wrote that didn't know what he was doing.

Machine Invisibility?

>Dave's opinion is irrelevant.
Except he's the Developer for Mage, so his opinions are entirely relevant.

>shadow name
Swift

inb4 "WHERE MUH PROOF"

So if mages are way more powerful than vampires, why did the Tremere even bother become vampires?

Because Tremere was a phenomenal retard.

We've been over this.

How many times has this been asked, and how many more times has it been answered?

Because a power vampire made mage vampire like. Then the abyss got involved. It this whole mess.

>oWoD
They were complete fucking retards

>nWoD
They aren't Vampires.

Would Invaders more like Gulmoth or Acamoths?

I thought the oWoD reason was that their magic was fading or some shit and they needed an alternative.

OK so who want to do something productive. You know make things like when I first came here.

Who wants to make a

A) Vampire the Requiem 2E Bloodline.
B) Werewolf the Forsaken 2E Lodge.
C) Mage the Awakening 2E Lagacy.
???

Somewhat, Tremere and his acquaintances found that their immortality potions were no longer as effective as they used to be. He attempted to reap the benefits of vampirism without any of the drawbacks.

He failed.

>Symbols are inherently subjective and the supernal lies within
Where is that stated?

Because I'm pretty sure the Supernal Realms are their own things with set associations.

>There's an utterance that lets you smoke an archmage for 1000 years.
I wonder what kind of high that would give you.

We've currently got a project where we're putting together a changeling freehold. But the more the merrier.

I always wanted to make a Bloodline based on the Tzimisce.

He made several other boneheaded decisions as well. For all his power Tremere was pretty damn dumb.

I'm so down for helping making a freehold.

I don't know much about Tzimisce but I'll gladly give a hand.

They are subjective to the viewer despite being set. The Watchtowers don't all look the same to the same person, for instance. It's like True Fae Arcadia but more intense with meaning.

The user is flat out wrong about the utterance.

Here's the question you need to ask:
Do they infest the physical world? Or the Astral?

If it's the former, Gulmoth.
If it's the latter, Acamoth.

>It's like True Fae Arcadia but more intense with meaning
Only difference is that you can't drag individuals into it, because it's not an actual place and you would be instantly deleted unless you somehow spontaneously turned into an Archmaster.

They're subjective to the viewer within a category of meaning.

Just because you see iron curved swords as being heavenly and divinely inspired doesn't mean you can use an obviously Mastigos tool as an Obrimos.

Unless of course you're using some other aspect of its meaning that you've been taught, such as an Arrow's consideration of weaponry as an Order Tool. Or the General's love of weapons.

I already knew that they take different forms through an individuals perception, but I always thought that was a result of how they processed it, not them being inherently subjective.

The quick summary is it's based on 'Beauty and the Beast' and it's set in Las Vegas.

There are 5 courts (Beauty, Beast, Gaston, Seneschal, and Rose).
Beauty, Beast, and Gaston have a procession on controlling and running the freehold. Rose court spends most of its time focused on the hedge and other mystical stuff while Seneschal aka 'furniture' has the inglorious task of running the tedious aspects of the freehold.

Ideas for contracts or anything else would be welcome.

>I don't know much about Tzimisce
Neither do I.

I just think they're cool.

I think the sword as a weapon would count, but the material itself and most other crude weapons are under the Mastigos purview. What other weapons would even signify greatness?

Cruel weapons. Crude weapons are more of a Thyrsus thing.

I'd imagine most of the actual tedious aspects of the Freehold are managed by glamoured or paid, unwitting mortals, simply due to the probable low membership of the Seneschal court.

Unless the sceneschal court is entirely made up of wizened, I can't imagine them being very happy of simply "serving" the Triumvirate.

Remember, despite their nature as servants, the castle staff served an incredibly important role, pushing Beauty towards the Beast, and helping her deal with his moods.

They don't just iron the shirts, restock ammo and ensure someone mows the law, they help deal with strife.

I think we need someone with more experience with them. Or do you just like it's powers.

He's the re-writer. You people need to seriously stop sucking his dick.

>What other weapons would even signify greatness.
Staffs, rods and wands.

spears

ASPEL WHY YOU LEAVE!!!

Would you prefer Aspel over magefags?

Yes actually I would.

Rose teased the Crossover Chronicles during the Reddit AMA.

Huh?

I don't even know what she meant by that. It won't even be released 'til like 2020 or something.

But everybody is right though.

They might get the Crossover Chronicles, but it won't be what they want.

I second this. You can't get what you want without deconstructing the various game-lines and the associated themes.

Perhaps she meant something different?

Who's the main developer for the Crossover Chronicles?

I bet that whole book will solely be about dumbing down any splat stronger than Requiem.

Well it's likely to be inadequate, disappointing, and generally unsatisfying.

So my guess is your dick is developing it.

>insulting any penis better than his own

You're a pathetic little maggot, aren't ya?

I've sucked enough dicks to recognize inferior quality when I see it.

That's hype-speak for "everyone is going to be angry, but in a good way".

Be a mage seduce virgin girlfriend who is waiting for marriage. Turn back on scene so she's a virgin again. Win-Win right?

Mages do love to dick around like that.

So everything other than Hunter or Promethean?

Prometheans are pretty strong. Who cares about Hunter?

Crossover Chronicles

Chapter 1 - Mages

Supremacy. Crossover not advised.

>Sealllllllll

So just one page?

You guys need to realize that we'll all be old, cranky and possibly senile before the Chrossover Chronicle gets a goddamn preview.

Stop hoping. Earth will have been invaded by little green men by then.

>So just one page?

The Mage material will only need a sidebar advising that mages are for mature players and crossover is not advised.

>little green men

Which splat?

Pepe: The REEEEEEEEEEEEing

holy fuck, I've been out of wod scene for years. how did those nwod 2e books turn out?

Really really gay.

I guess to put it diplomatically would be to say they're inclusive and diverse, but really it's SJW pandering. Also a lot of change for change's sake, especially in Mage.

In VtR and WtF they made what used to be side-antagonists in 1ed into focus of the game

I'm still trying to make not overpowered daywalkers and necromancy for Requiem 2e.

I can try to brainstorm VtR bloodline since other than demon it's the only line I play.

Do you have anything particular in mind that you would want such bloodline to have?

beep boop beep

beep beep ima jeep

Been rewatching some vampire films and currently on the start of Blade and I was wondering if vampires in either Requiem or Masquerade have something like that club in the beginning.

I know Masquerade had the Succubus club, but what about Requiem?

Requiem and Forsaken 2e turned out quite nicely. The mechanical changes are good. NOt sure about Mage since I can give two shits there.

So i thought of an interesting concept for starting a promethean the created game.

The player to your left at the table builds your attributes and skills and one skill speciality for your character. It highlights the whole "created by someone else to srrve a purpose aspect" of the game.

Vampire 2e: pretty good, though some folks don't like the power boost and Strix being the marquee antagonists

Werewolf 2e: pretty good, though some folks don't like the faster healing or the preferred prey stuff.

Mage 2e: pretty good, though some folks think it's either too broken or not truly powerful enough.

Promethean 2e: A bit mixed, Wasteland and Disquiet were changed to make the game more playable, but people run hot and cold on the new power system and it has a lot more jargon than last edition.

Demon and Beast are new games in the 2e line. People like Demon, though some folks find it difficult to play or too far from the Christian mythological version to their liking. Very few people like Beast, it's their second worst PR bungle and even people who like it find it hard to create things to do for the splat.

April's Fool is out.
drivethrurpg.com/product/208683/Scion-Frost-Giant-Butt-Warriors

What does it take to permanently kill a Mummy?

Assume their Cult has enough reach and enough relics to always bring them back, at least into another body if the original is destroyed.

>What does it take to permanently kill a Mummy?

Brendan Fraser in his prime.

Not the user who asked, but I accept this answer.

Kill the Mummy, kill their entire cult, make sure all their organ jars are destroyed, hope that they do not come back as a Shuankhsen because you will be fucked.

Alternatively,

>Brendan's divorce was orchestrated by an alliance of Mummy cults working together to brainwash his wife, the judges, the court clerks, his lawyer, and his children, all to take him down for their Masters' future awakenings

It all makes so much sense.

also come to think of it a werewolf the forsaken game set during the mythic age of father wolf / Pangaea would be cool