Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What are the best uses of Tailful Polymorph and Headpat?
Why aren't you giving all your characters fluffy ears and fluffy tails?
Unconscious targets are always willing, so why aren't you using Tailful Polymorph to give all your knocked-out enemies fluffy ears and fluffy tails?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

I'm a Sorcerer with an animal companion, so I was mostly just going to use it to stay out of the way, save myself a flight spell and help me out if people get too close.

Could you point me to the rules?

I'm not sure how I feel about this. It's obviously the same old shitposter as before, but this time it's actually PF-related because of the April Fools release.

Can we just ban the OP anyway to be safe?

Because of everyone has them, they lose their value and become less special. If everyone is a fluffy waifu, there's no reason to appreciate it because it is the norm.

I have been in games where human was basically the exotic rarity.

Somehow no one treated it as such, but holy fuck I was the *ONLY ONE* in some cities!

That just makes everything comfy!

Were you a woman though
Because everyone knows that human (and elven) women can bear the child of literally any species, especially degenerate ones with

I read that as "love intelligence."

Am I the only one who read "

Same shit yo
Giant spiders and tentacle fungi of questionable sentience are love

Well, when humans are that rare they kinda have to think about the survival of their species.

Getting pumped full of spider eggs isn't what I would call "love."

I just woke up with a hangover, help distract me.

Favorite Legacy male and explain them but you're not allowed to pick Shanan.

>implying

I keep telling myself I shouldn't make a "Generic Human Fighter/Barbarian" for my next character, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm just going to end up in a totally nonhuman party if I don't. Or a party without a motherfucking full BAB class. AGAIN.

False. If everyone is fluffy, that becomes overabundance and degeneracy. You have to pull that shit down to acceptable levels. Even one fluffy waifu can be too much if not properly checked.

The one who will never see the light of day: C@

I'll just play casual and pretend that normal discussion of Pathfinder is going on.
I'm writing up a human necromancer (LN) for a PS game, and I have no idea of balance because I normally don't touch 3.PF. Are there any spells, items or feats that are a waste to not take, or any other things I should remember?
I honestly have absolutely no problem with the discussion topic, because let's not kid ourselves, those talks are what happen at the table if you play with friends.

>because let's not kid ourselves, those talks are what happen at the table if you play with friends.

Fucking speak for yourself, asshole. We don't talk about "fluffy ears and fluffy tails".

I was talking about the monster rape part, because to be honest the furshit has become background noise in here.
I literally didn't catch on to it before you said it. Lurking here is like living on a farm - you start ignoring the existence of the shit, but once in a while you still step ankle-deep in it.

>I literally didn't catch on to it before you said it. Lurking here is like living on a farm - you start ignoring the existence of the shit, but once in a while you still step ankle-deep in it.

God damn, now that's a way to put it.

Hey now, those patties were great for shoving your feet in and warming up on a cool spring or autumn day.

At my actual table we get incredibly technical and clinical about such things, because while none of us are turned on, none of us can turn away from things like physics and geometry.

Inevitably some subject will cause a "wait. how would that even work?" and next thing you know it's been 76 minutes

At my table we end up talking about BDSM

everyone's different.

Physics is a meaningless term when it comes to Pathfinder.

Physics and humanities tables are different, yeah.
I've been at both, and physics types discuss the technicalities of horrible violation and impossible sex for an hour before coming up with a scientifically sound but morally indefensible thesis, while humanities types just snowball into one-ups, extrapolation and setting building until everyone gets tired of shouting.
Or it turns into a political/philosophical argument.

And just like on a farm, there are the people who start playing with the shit.

>morally indefensible
Here's the problem with morality on metadecisions in Pathfinder
Either you accept that Pathfinder's good-evil moral alignments are basically dictated by God and inflexible, with certain things being Good and others being Evil
Or you accept that pathfinder's good-evil moral alignments are basically relative and based on intention, and possibly inherent to the society
There's really no middle ground
In the first version there's no possible way to 'defend' or 'attack' anything morally because it's either good or it's evil (or neither). In the second version it's still pointless because it ends up being 'the party all think it's fine so what's the problem'

You now realize that the steady supply of shit is one of the most valuable and important parts of the farmstead.

Shit is used in fertilizer, so yeah, it kind of is

No, morally indefensible as in "if you ever published this research you'd be fucking lynched"

That's what I was referencing.
The only things more important for a farmstead are seeds. Even plows and stuff can be done by hand or with improvised tools since Europe didn't have actual non-shite plows until like the 1700s.

I wasn't even talking about Pathfinder, just about what physics types do at the table (because my GM at the time studies quantum physics).
You provided a rather fine example of what happens if the table, more than physics or humanities types, are Pathfinder players, though.
Shit is literally fertilizer. Even then, though, too much chokes the crops and oversaturates the soil with nutrients.
That's how this board is at its best - a thin but even coating of shit, replenished constantly by a pen full of animals (and people who like animals too much) whose job is to produce more of it.
You're doing a good job.

glad i could help

Hard science does not generally answer to morality or feelings because the physical world does not care about your feelings. There is research on the maximum stretch of the vaginal walls and tearing patterns and so on, and to my knowledge it's actually relevant sometimes.
Getting 'lynched' simply doesn't happen most of the time, because honestly? Fuck the plebians. Anyone professional enough to do research knows to keep morality out of the results, at least - they keep it in mind for experimentation and data gathering, but just because the topic sounds offensive doesn't mean it's not meaningful.
The actual reason you'd be metaphorically lynched is because literally nobody fucking cares, among the academic community at least, what happens to a vag when a spiked and magical something the size of a thigh is shoved up it and kept there for about three months straight while the girl's mind slowly deteriorates through a combination of normal chemical stimuli and cock magic, and these results would be both entirely useless and degenerate, meaning you, as a researcher, basically wasted your time and budget on nothing.

What if there's a mathematics / philosophy double major (topology Ph.D) at the table with an ancient history major, a particle physics major, and two engineers
Where's your god now?

Did we merge with Veeky Forums?

Mergers are over
The magic is all gone

they should have made /mlpol/ permenant

Now that Tailful Polymorph and plenty of DSP's animal-folk subraces exist, would /pfg/ play in a Kemono Friends game?

So how have everybody's games been going this weekend?

Dead. So non-existent.

After being hurt by fluffytale 1 and 2...

Yes.

The more you concentrate the fluffy the less valuable it becomes. So no. Fuck that.

Me and the rest of team retard burnt down a house with divine fire and killed a plagued minotaur.

>the monster rape

Pussy Loving Dragon Logs when??

Gnarly crit cost us our magus, but hey, we saved a princess.

Since I broke the fundamental rule of imageboards and posted something more reply-baiting than my actual question, let's take this again.
Are there any spells, feats, items or other choices that are essential (and legal) for a human necromancer wizard in Pathfinder Society play?
Future-proofing choices are welcome too, but I'm not sure if I'll find the time to continue after the con, so just say if you choose something because it's a prereq to something you can only take at a higher level.

Yeah its called getting murdered by paladins because necromancy is evil

Fluffy Tale 3: No Bamboozle Edition when?

Fluffy Tail 3: MAXIMUM BAMBOOZLE edition is the real name

>that's what family does... right?
>mfw

Fluffy Tale 4: Bamboolzing in the 90s.

Fluffy Tail 5: DEJA VU! I've just been bamboozled before

Fluffy Tale 6: Night of Flimflam.

This is just making me want to make a stupid Initial D based martial discipline

Its associated skill would be profession(tofu delivery)

That sounds stupid, user! You should do it!

do it

This is going to start a flamewar, but necromancy in itself isn't evil, it just has a lot of spells with the evil descriptor and not all paladins are party-killing powergamers whose only roleplaying comes from designating one kind of statblock which they have to hit theirs against.
I'm playing this in part to find out whether or not those retards are concentrated in PS, though, so I don't give a toss. I have a properly worked-out Neutral character with no evil tendencies (a living Gebbite citizen who feels her ruler went wrong in using necromancy and undeath for passion, and considers the lack of living passions a peaceful and fair thing about undeath), and if some lunatic cacks me because they decided to extrapolate and can't roleplay in excess of killing different people with different numbers, so that's what I wanted to know.

>Milre prefers human men

Would calling her a size queen even be accurate?

No its actually evil because Necromancy in Pathfinder is a violation of the target's soul. Not only that, but you're going to piss of Pharasma.

In addition, casting the number of evil descriptor spells that necromancy requires will make you evil for sure

And your ass will get murdered.

>This is going to start a flamewar, but necromancy in itself isn't evil, it just has a lot of spells with the evil descriptor and not all paladins are party-killing powergamers whose only roleplaying comes from designating one kind of statblock which they have to hit theirs against.
These statements are fine for home games, but they're pretty much universally untrue for PFS play.

All I know is small dom big sub is a best.

It would be safe to say she is a size queen.

It would be based around charging and charge-by attacks, and its incredibly effective in tight corridors with lots of TURNS. A stance could grant the ability to change direction during a charge and give a bonus if you do so

>Be me
>Everybody in your life is bringing you down this week
>Boss is riding your ass about something that shouldn't even be a priority
>Wife is snapping at you left right and center for no reason
>Friends are too involved in their own drama to even ask you how you're doing
>Be really looking forward to getting a bit of a break from being shit during weekly PF session
>DM doesn't bother to show up

Sorry to hear that. Here's hoping things get better for you soon.

That sucks user.

If its any consolation last night I pretty much ended things with a lifelong friend because she won't break up with her loser boyfriend and I can't sit and watch her ruin her life anymore

Fucking sucks.

>it's another "muh L/N/CG necromancer" episode

>necromancy in itself isn't evil, it just has a lot of spells with the evil descriptor
Casting a spell with the evil descriptor is an evil act. So yes, necromancy in itself is evil. And while paladins aren't going to run up and smite the first evil they see, they have no reason not to detect evil on everyone to triage those most in need of smiting.

>>Wife is snapping at you left right and center for no reason
Divorce her, user. She's getting ready to divorce you and rake you over the coals. If you make the first move, though, you'll fare much better.

Seriously its the worst meme in pathfinder

If I ever have a player that tries it i'm literally going to have the fucking paladin murder brigade kick in the door and smite them.

christ dude

What the fuck even is this post.

Are there any low level creatures that have body parts that can be harvested for medicinal purposes? I'm talking monsters a level 1-3 party could take down.

If not, I'll have to make something up for my group.

>Veeky Forums
>advice about women

what do you think

a leshy :^)

This is why I'm working to get Pathfinder PUGs set up. Hopefully I'll have some time in two weeks to hammer it out so no one has to go without a friendly murderhobo game if they've got nothing else.

A scale of people with more brain activity or a higher consciousnesses associated with beliefs or views.

In this case, an ascended being has happily given up 3DPD for the purity of 2D.

NO

DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE

DESTROY.

That's actually perfect, thanks!

Okay I'm lost, what's the significance here?

There's the point that a first-level necromancer can't cast that many fucked-up spells, much less any that actually manipulate the target's soul.
The most overwhelmingly evil spells on my list so far are Cause Fear and Chill Touch, and I guarantee you that if a universalist wizard chose those, they wouldn't get shit. On top of that, good clerics and necromancer wizards both turn undead, and even commanding undead isn't an evil deed.
I was asking for mechanical advice, because I am not breaking a single one of the official rules for PFS play. I double-checked a few times. The way you imply that party killing is something you do just because one line on your character sheet gives you an excuse doesn't give me good premonitions, though.
Except it says right in core that the descriptors don't have any effect except for categorizing them mechanically. Alignment is dictated through other means.
I'm going to be playing the game in a country that generally has good records with roleplaying, but people like who immediately froth at the mouth and become aggressively threatening at the very suggestion of someone not playing only two-dimensional stereotypes don't help my outlook.
The worst thing is that if I had the exact same character as a universalist wizard, with the exact same spread and the exact same backstory, most people here wouldn't get the slightest bit mad. It's uncanny how people's autismal rage is almost computerized - they can't do fuzzy matching, but a full match immediately triggers a full response regardless of any other variables.

Leshy are cute. user suggested killing a leshy and harvesting it.

You better wrap that into the party becoming villains according to the forest-dwellers, because leshies are literally guardians of nature. Harvesting them for their parts would be genuinely evil, particularly considering they are plants inhabited by nature spirits more than anything else.

See above. Also, leaf leshies are adorable.

Stop.

Leshy are adorable and murdering one is horrible.

Sorry, but that's fucking retarded since there are necromancy spells that DON'T have evil-descriptor. Unless you're saying that all magic is evil, because I'm pretty sure all schools have at least a few spells that have the evil-descriptor.

"Casting an evil spell is an evil act, but for most characters simply casting such a spell once isn’t enough to change her alignment; this only occurs if the spell is used for a truly abhorrent act, or if the caster established a pattern of casting evil spells over a long period. A wizard who uses animate dead to create guardians for defenseless people won’t turn evil, but he will if he does it over and over again. The GM decides whether the character’s alignment changes, but typically casting two evil spells is enough to turn a good creature nongood, and three or more evils spells move the caster from nongood to evil. The greater the amount of time between castings, the less likely alignment will change. Some spells require sacrificing a sentient creature, a major evil act that makes the caster evil in almost every circumstance."

Reading sure is hard user

Necromancy spells IE the ones that create undead minions are different from necromancy school spells

Almost universally people that talk about making a necromancer are talking about raising the dead, which is evil.

We had an April Fools-y session with a Deck of Many Things. You can guess how that went.

Don't worry, he can just cast Protection From Evil a few times, and he'll be good again.

Find one spell that creates an undead creature that doesn't have the evil descriptor. Paizo errata'd the Juju Oracle because creating undead is always evil. Always, something that works in Pathfinder because objective evil is a thing, and creating undead is objectively evil.

Had session 0 for an upcoming gestalt RoW campaign. Looks good so far, even if the entire party is non-human.

Well, there's technically one-point-five humans, if you count halves.

Two of the party are orc-blood, one half and the other full. Dirty bastards.

See, this is where these threads turn objectively, cancerously shit instead of the kind of shit that fertilizes the board - where people start strangling any attempt at making an actual character, because everyone is locked into the belief that you're only allowed to choose between a short list of stereotypes and clichés.
>Most of these descriptors have no game effect by themselves, but they govern how the spell interacts with other spells, with special abilities, with unusual creatures, with alignment, and so on.
So I made a slight error (forgetting that "alignment" was in there) because I'm new to Pathfinder, but that was a technical one.
In the end, though, you just proved exactly what I wanted to hear with your quote, so thank you for shooting yourself in the foot.
I'm not planning on using necromancy spells to do outright evil acts, or even using them that much. They're spice for the character and for the gameplay, not an attempt at sneaking in an evil character in PFS, as you'd have picked up on if you listened to me when I explained the character.
But I guess the volume of the REEEEE inside your head when someone mentions roleplaying just drowns that out.

Did you get the wish card and become teenage detectives traveling on a magical journey through the planes?

I mean I can tailor them to my setting to where they're just little plant critters and killing them isn't a horrible act. Though there's one person in my group that might realize that and call me out... Well crap.

Doesn't it depend on setting? If user's setting has necromancy where it's not inherently evil but as a tool, what's the big deal?

I mean what if a town is guarded by a necromancer that raises only the bodies of the dead of the village to defend it against goblins or something? No soul entrapment or any of that.

Or a necromancer that summons the dead in order to communicate with them for various non-evil reasons?

This has always bugged me about necromancy and Pathfinder's rules and the way people go crazy over the idea of houseruling that necromancy isn't automatically evil.

No its because we're all tired of hearing I'M GONNA RAISE DEAD TO WORK IN THE FIELD FOR ME

No fuck you.

Manipulating your alignment like that is a good way to get gangraped by Inevitables.

Necromancy is evil.

NECROMANCY
IS
EVIL
IN
PATHFINDER

There is no way to make this not true.
Stop trying to make it not evil.
Stop trying to make 'Le good necromancer maymay' happen.

There is no point in roleplaying if I can't be special

Stop treating Pathfinder as setting neutral