Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What was the last really sticky situation your got into? How did they get out of it or succumb to it?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/dawnflower-dervish/
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/mobile-fighter/
paizo.com/products/btpy9sjo/discuss&page=18?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Adventurers-Guide#880
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When will you get tired of this anime bullshit?

You now realize it was page 9

never i suppose. cute girls for all \o/

What is better, Dervish of Dawn or Mobile fighter?

For reference, links below.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/dawnflower-dervish/

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/paizo-fighter-archetypes/mobile-fighter/

>What was the last really sticky situation your character got into? How did they get out of it or succumb to it?

Every dog has his day.

You realize you sound exactly like a pedophile?

Play something better than a fighter. Beg your GM for Path of War/Spheres of Might.

You realize you really need to stop policing threads and moralfagging on Veeky Forums

>Implying grown up girls can't be cute too

What's stickier, getting raped by drakes so hard your lungs get breached, or shitting yourself during an orgasm during said rape?

>moralfagging

Stat Kenshiro for /pf/.

paizo.com/products/btpy9sjo/discuss&page=18?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Adventurers-Guide#880

Reminder that Augunas nerfed the Lore Warden fighter.

Reminder that Augunas also nerfed the wayfinder resonance thingy, ESPECIALLY the clear spindle resonance.

Is Pathfinder getting killed by foxes?

The former. Regrowing lungs is harder than wiping up and bathing

If you're limited to CRB classes for some reason just pick any of the other martial options.

He's a monk who gets an at-will instant death melee touch attack at disadvantage.

Hunter or Ranger? When? Why?

Hunter gets a bigger and stronger animal companion. It will have more meat to eat up.

Slayer or Ranger for TWF?

The difference between the Ranger animal companion and full Druid animal companion is seriously just one feat with no other prerequisites- Boon Companion.

The last truly dire situation one of my characters ended up in?
>Modified Kingmaker game
>Devils are invading the kingdom and have taken over a port city
>In over our heads because maybe two people in our group of 4-6 actually know how to play Pathfinder well
>We realize once we're into the devils' lair that we're supposed to take down an Infernal Duke
>We're level 15 on average
>Happily, the Queen tagged along
>The Queen who had married my character for political gain only
>The Queen who was part of the family of elves that had been the main antagonists for the first few story arcs
>The Queen who had been disappearing mysteriously every time she accompanied us anywhere
>The Queen who we were pretty sure was lying through her teeth about her goals
>The Queen who turned out to be a half-celestial Paladin
>Every time we thought she was betraying us, she'd been taking down a threat related to this very Duke
>GM handed me a page with her statblock, and between a Barbarian's insane raw damage and a TWF-ing Paladin's smite damage, the royals cut through a pit fiend that should have kicked their asses inside of 5 rounds

Which is better for Mounted Archery?

Anyone know a feat or trait that will allow for full movement while wearing medium armor?

>Stay up to do app because of momentum
>Wake up and start second guessing the decision
AMs are awful hours.

Ranger. Druid doesn't get the early feat access, and is more suited to either casting or just using wild shape to mix it up in melee.

Could a Summoner and Unchained Rogue gestalt work? Send in your eidolon, move in with it and get sneak attacks due to flanking?

It's a little basic bitch, but yes, it could work. Depends on just how much of your UC Rogue side could squeeze out of the Charisma you'll need.

Why is there a Protean bloodline for sorcerers?
I thought that they were dedicated to the destruction of EVERYTHING.... So it doesn't make sense for there to this sort of thing
Same thing with Daemons actually...

How are these things being "creative"?

Was playing a kensai magus, and my character got beat the fuck down in their first session. I'd assumed they were dead, but the GM let me know I'd just been captured.

Woke up chained to the wall, with her coat lying on a nearby table. After a few minutes of interrogation, they made the mistake of leaving her alone, with her arms exposed and in sight. I'd been allowed to use Complete Arcane's rules for tattooed spellbooks.

A few rounds' worth of frantically casting acid splash at her chains later, she managed to grab for her coat and rip open the lining to pull out her emergency spellbook, study dimension door, fly, and feather fall, and teleport right out of the dungeon after casting the first two of those.

The problem then was that they had a whole mess of flying sentries. What happened next was basically pic related until she just could get to the right spot and feather fall her way down through a magic barrier the summoned pursuers couldn't pass.

Wait, why did the Lore Warden eat a nerf?

Proteans don't want to destroy everything, they just want to make it so that nothing ever has to have a permanent shape.

But what the fuck do you mean by "creative"? Nobody said Sorcerer bloodlines had to be themed around being creative.

I mean I can see an Erodaemon summoned or geas'd or something and getting porked, it specifically mentions that they're very patient and will play the long game if it results in maximum heartbreak.

Cuz paizo hates martials having fun

He means how did they have kids. The creation of life is literally antithetical to Daemons, who represent death in its myriad forms.

>Deadly Agility is getting rebalanced to 1.5X with 2handers and 0.5x with offhand
GUESS WHO'S BACK TO BEING BEST WEAPON?

Wait, the drake punctured her lungs?

Because Pathfinder is supposed to be full attack bots or full casters. Nothing else.

You can get sorcerous powers without an ancestor having sex with something. An outsider or its plan just has to have significantly affected you for your powers to be linked to that outsider type or plane.

Isn't that generally avowed or something, not sorcerer who's all about the blood?

AMs is when you shouldn't be typing up characters, AMs is for YouTube videos.

NO

DA

CHI

Also please source on that claim.

Right, they want to return the universe back to it's original chaotic state. Don't know about you but to me that sounds pretty much like a death sentence for anything that isn't a Protean.

And I'm talking about the Protean/Daemon's being creative. Not sorcerers.

It's still a death sentence for proteans, because the existence of an energy gradient is a prerequisite for explicit things to exist.

It's right there in the fluff text. Sorcerers in Pathfinder have received their powers just from surviving avalanches or storms, or because someone made a deal with an outsider. Avowed, you might recall, is 3pp. It's not expected to interfere with the fluff for other classes. If you weren't being autistic, you'd probably realize that.

>shitposts all the time with his sexual innuendos
>people can't stand him anymore
>"omg stop moralfagging i do what I want"
>furiously masturbates

omg user that's you

You mean at least 12 years old? Of course you mean that. You're not right in the head. Why wouldn't you mean that.

Because Augunas thinks that having +11 to CMB by level 20 is too powerful.

>sexual innuendos
"cute girls" was the only thing said. What exactly is wrong with you that you see a sexual innuendo in the phrase "cute girls"?

>omg user that's you
I haven't posted a /pfg/ OP ever though.

The Kabal
>Implying

What are good starting feats for damage-dealing melee martials?

Should I bother with unarmed / grapples?

I hope this doesn't jump over to Starfinder. I know they nerfed magic already, so that's a good step.

Presumably you're using Elephant taxes? Powerful Manuevers and Weapon Focus are generally not bad ideas.

Can I take a double hackbut as an arcane bonded item with one level in wizard?

I feel like Starfinder might be good... just a hunch, though.

>nerfs to DA for twf
>TD nerfs incoming
>twf still is a shit pile
N-not like I wanted to dual wield ever.

I really want to get to intimidate people when I kill their buddies... How the fuck is that restricted to one single class?

Starfinder will sink the company.

Double Slice will work with Deadly Agility, confirmed.

It's just an extra F E A T T A X

If I were DM I'd probably allow it on a per-case basis if it were an exceedingly brutal kill (like Massive Damage) or a critical.

Oh so I now have to take Weapon Finesse, Deadly Agility, Double Slice, TWF, improved TWF and Greater TWF? g r e a t

I do my best work drunk in the AM. None of my sober apps got accepted!

So I guess we're all going to be playing Polearm Dancer Dexfags with nodachis and Elemental Flux now?

Starfinder will be what convinces them to abandon Pathfinder entirely.

I guarantee if Starfinder works out they'll release THE FINAL AP which bridges the two.

Doom glory kills. It's what I wanna do.

Sounds likely.

What kinds of questions will /pfg/ run with Starfinder?

Congratulation to those picked for Mighty Quest yesterday. Didn't get in? Why not aply here?
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path

I want MEGACORPORATIONS!

STRFAGS BTFO ETERNALLY

Are there any Inquisitor archetypes that are better than vanilla Inquisitor?

Oh and if I want to two weapon fight and initiate I need to spend the feats for thrashing dragon style, and the swift every combat to activate it.

Rev up those Riven Hourglass, Mithral Current, Elemental Flux Polearm Dancer builds. There's no going back now!

What if I got in but I still wanna try you out?

...You got any need of pure martials or archers?

monster tactician. you're welcome.

So, Fanganon's your side girl?

Shoulda been a STRfag from the start, my dude. Also Thrashing Dragon still works with STR; dual-wield those longswords and battleaxes like there's no tomorrow!

Reminder that in four hours, PLD is going to have another session happily with each other.

Sure, why not? Got a bit of everything in the apps that are posted. No fullcaster yet though.

If you really wanted to min/max your chances to get in, you should go kineticist. DM said he'd like one.

Otherwise, there's already a fair amount of martials and atleast one archer.

That's not healthy, user! Which characters of yours got accepted?

Strfags still need double slice, the twf chain and prodigious twf.

Will they pitch in for diapers for the newest member.

>Hello, my name is Cashmere and I got cat cock shoved in my butt. Also eggs.
>Hello, my name is Gloriana and I got mounted like a bitch by a dog that knocked me up
>Hello, my name is Cierra and I got fucked so hard in the ass I shat myself
>Hello, my name is Lysander and I'm uncomfortable
>Hello, my name is Sigmund, please press F to pay respects

I unironically want to play this because being a guy who has bunch of monster buddies to command appeals to me but I hate the default fluff of the Inquisitor and mass summoning is cancer.

They'll pitch in for reading comprehension lessons for pfg anons.

>Dexbased speedy lancers are the new strong meta
>tfw no more rank E luck
OUR TIME IS NOW!

You realize Lysander got his dick cut off and got turned into a girl and got raped right

You realize he's permanently on girl hormones now right

Low-grade memes, the both of them!

What?! I thought the comments during applications that Vult would hoard all the sex for himself (or fuck the girls first) was a JOKE.

Why do a spear when you can do a nodachi?

Or I guess a greatsword with stalker Killer's Implements?

And that's fine if they want to keep that good time to themselves, but if they continue to shit up this thread then I hope they all die in a series of fires.

What low-grade meme are you working on now, you filthy drunken memester you?

Spears got RANGE and are COOL.

Vult killed one man and turned the other into a girl.

I mean he was very clear when talking to slow that Sigmund wasn't acceptable because he wasn't trappy enough

Nodachi's ain't got reach.

Because reach is really good, and glaives are cool and nodachi are smell and are for losers who can't optimize right.

I'm constantly amazed by how easy you faggots are to bait

>Press F to pay respects to a good and caring daddy

Welcome to Veeky Forums friendo

Nodachi are for huge fucking nerds who think they're Sepiroth. Glaives and spears are for the kool kids klub.

desu Sephiroth wasn't even that bad

Cannibal Princess

Guys, GUYS. You're forgetting the biggest most coolest thing about Deadly Agilty being stronk now.

You can be a dex-fag Landsknecht now, like a Swordlord or scimitar guy!