40K Transports

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/new-warhammer-40000-transports-may21gw-homepage-post-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tyranids/
youtu.be/sqFmt9XYeYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>So guys, what unit's statline do we put up do demonstrate how transports have changed overall
>it'll need to be something ubiquitous, something most players either own or have fought against multiple times
>A Rhino?
>A Trukk?
>No you idiots, obviously a Harlequin Starweaver! Everyone is familiar with the starweaver's iconic statline!

>ALL TRANSPORTS ARE NOW ASSAULT TRANSPORTS
PRAISE THE LORD OF MANKIND

>T5

What's the logic when they say the vehicle charges first absorbing overwatch when you can just fire overwatch again?

Because if it makes it into combat they can't fire overwatch again.

If the charge is succesful the enemy unit is engaged and can't overwatch

The sad thing is that they are still thougher than before.

In 7ed the order was
>Declare charge, fire overwatch, declare charge, fire overwatch
>Roll charge, move chargers, roll charge, move chargers
Now it's
>Declare charge, fire overwatch, roll charge, move chargers, declare charge, fire overwatch, roll charge, move chargers

So as units can't fire overwatch when they're locked in combat, if your trukk makes its charge your boyz can charge unimpeded.

They not get charge bonuses unless it's assault or open topped though.

Units engaged in combat cannot overwatch, and the first charge fully resolves before the second begins.

Most players will gladly trade some melee prowess for getting their CC units across the table safely and reliably

so AV10 is now T5 Sv4+

is that better or worse?

Source for this? It's not stated in the article.

>Being inside an exploding vehicle is still bad news. Models inside a wrecked Transport will now die on the roll of a 1
This could be nasty. Who's looking forward to their Chapter Master dieing to what used to be a S4 AP- wound?

Fuck I meant *may not.

Reminder that it was also open-topped. It'll vary, I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the most fragile transports in the game. Trukks will probably at least have an extra wound.

About the same against S4/5 weapons, worse against S

kek'd

Why is no one talking about only being able to disembark at the beginning of the movement phase. This is terrible. It will make it very very difficult for your squads to reach combat now. Since if you move a transport up with a decent assault unit inside, your opponent will just move his shit away in his turn befor you disembark at the beginning of your next.

This is a good thing, it means king pimp can no longer roll up in his kitchen foil transport disregarding the fact the thing has erupted like a fucking firework factory and one of the roll bars has punctured his head like a ripe melon.

>Oh what's that? The vehicle I was travelling in exploded in a enormous explosion, I am engulfed in chemical fire and have to fight my way out of the twisted wreckage? lol who cares XD

It's miniscule compared to not being to charge after disembarking.

>There are people who still don't believe 8th is saving 40k

Yeah, but now transports have at least up to 16" movement, and the deployment gap is not 18" instead of 24". It's pretty much the same as before, just now instead of your troops sitting out in the open waiting to charge they're sitting in their transport. It'd be more useful if they gave us a rhino's statline, but suppose it has movement 12

7ed:
Rhino moves 6", disembark to 12", run 3, you're 9" from enemy deployment line, enemy backs off 6", you move forwards 6", 9" charge

8ed
Move 12, run 3, you're now 3" away from the enemy's deployment line. Their turn they move 6" back, your turn you disembark, move 6" forwards, 3" charge

As long as the rhino has movement more than 6, transports are better now for transporting assault units.

Well, it is an Elder vehicle.

There are people who believe they and their children should go to school/work when they carry infectious illnesses.

I'm saying it doest matter if my guys can assault after disembarking, why would you let them be close enough to assault after disembarking if you knew my transport had guys intending to do thatZ

>I move my transport up and shoot a little. Can't disembark because moved.
>you know that I've got some decent assault stuff in there. You move your guys to make charges a really risky dice roll if they were to disembark at that spot.

do I disembark and have a high likelihood of failing my charges, or do I try to get the transport to tough it out one more turn by moving it again with my guys inside?

Considering you'll disembark off the transport and still have your move its not that big of a loss. They were going to be moving away from your transport before this anyway, now they just can't also spray the rhino's disembarked units who had to stand there and glare at the shooting squad they planned to assault. If they give a lot of assault units a better mv value or let you run then assault chopping people from a cheap transport is back on the menu.

Nm y'all are right, I somehow glazed over the moving after disembarking. I thought the disembark was the infantry units move.

Things just keep getting better and better for my gay knights! inb4 they gut the codex of more of their fun toys again like in 7e

Don't do that. If you tried that strategy out in 7ed it would work even worse, as if you moved and shot you wouldn't be able to disembark because you're in the shooting phase, meaning you'd still have to wait a turn to disembark and then you'd have to wait another turn to charge.
If transports are the same movement as they currently are it actually changes nothing in terms of speed, and if they're faster, it's an objective buff as long as you play correctly.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tyranids/

On the tabletop, Tyranids have had their ups and downs. Their most recent iteration has struggled to keep pace with some of the more powerful armies, and for many Tyranids players, the Winged Hive Tyrant with dual devourers has been the unit carrying all the weight of the faction on his back (its wings must be pretty tired!). I am here to tell you, that all of that changes in the new edition.

I’d be remiss if I didn’t start out with my all time favourite Tyranid unit: the Swarmlord. He is an absolute beast now, as he should be! With a Toughness value of 6, 12 Wounds, a 3+ save and a 5+ invulnerable save (increased to a 4+ invulnerable save in melee) he is not easily taken down. This can be further enhanced by casting Catalyst on him (and did I mention he’s a potent Psyker, too?) to give him a 5+ save vs Wounds suffered.

But it’s not just defence, oh no, Mr. Swarmlord brings the pain in combat as well. With a base of Strength of 7, 8 attacks, hitting on a 2+, with an AP value of -3 and D6 damage a pop, the Swarmlord can lay low even Titanic units in a single round of combat. Truly a fearsome adversary.

However, his ability that I have found to be most useful is Hive Commander, which allows a friendly unit to move in the Shooting phase. This is incredibly powerful for the sudden added mobility. For Hormagants, with their blisteringly quick Movement of 8″, this means a potential 16″ move before attempting a charge. Or he could simply use it on himself and move up to 18″…

>7 str 8 attacks at ws 2+
holy moly
>3+ sv
poop

Genestealers, who are the iconic Tyranid unit in my eyes, are absolutely lethal. Not only are they incredibly fast with an 8″ Move themselves, they can also charge after advancing. With their shiny new 5+ invulnerable save, they’re also hardy, and I often cast Catalyst on them too, because I am a mean, mean man.

But to really crank the power up to 11 with Genestealers, take them in units of 10 or more to trigger their Flurry of Claws special rule, bumping them up to 4 Attacks each. Combo this with the Broodlord (who is also, utterly deadly in melee) to also give them a +1 to hit in the Fight phase. That means a full unit of 20 has 80 Attacks hitting on a 2+. With their Rending Claws – which bump up to AP -4 on a 6 to wound – very few units in the game can withstand a full strength Genestealer charge!

There’s so much to be happy about as a Tyranid player it is hard to cover it all. But we have a few more tidbits for you all before we close this article.

For one, due to the changes in the way damage works, medium sized Tyranids are much more enjoyable to play. A Tyranid Warrior with 3 Wounds and a Toughness value of 4 is so much more durable than he was, that it’s incredible. I’ve been using them as midfield Synapse providers who are both good with close range shooting and in melee.

And Synapse, hmm, what type of benefit does that provide? Nothing less than immunity to morale for friendly Tyranids units within range. Bring on the hordes of little gribblies!

And lastly, just because I can’t help myself: I think Pyrovores may be one of the most improved units in the new edition, and a unit of them in a Tyrannocyte has won me many a game!

> own 40-something genstealers adn 2 broodlords
AWWW SHIT NIGGA

>move 18 inches
>assult a knight
>go first, remove all 24 wounds in one turn
Is the swarmlord the new Fabius Bile?

I hope next we get "Faction Focus: Fabius Bile"

is reece reecius?

But he has a 5+ invuln wchich can be taken in addition to his normal save, and can give himself a 5+ fnp. And 7 str 8 2+ attacks with d6 damage each means he eats imperial knights for breakfast.

more like faggot focus

>genestealers have an 8" mv and a 5++ now
>synapse still prevents any and all morale problems
>catalyst is still in and we can now choose psychic powers based on an earlier faq
Holy god in heaven look at all this. The swarmlord moves 9" and could kill a knight in a single round of fighting if he arrives in good health. It'll be lethal fucking combat since both can deal absurd damage but goddamn is that a nice solution to vehicles.

>Invuln saves can be made with armour saves
Did I miss this?

They are not taken in addition however the fnp is nice.

i like they discourage MSU with big unit buffs

although it might be that people would naturally gravitate towards big units due to new detachments

>hits on 2's, woumdns on 4s 5++ knight save, D6 wounds

thats
>=7*5/6*1/2*2/3*3.5
or
>6.805555556
per turn, farm from good vs knights

>straight up invulnerable against morale
honestly surprised

>5++ knight save

It's only vs ranged. Still it's around 8,5 wounds, which means that while being able to finish a Knight it's not able to go one on one against it.

Which is good considering that Knights are 23 PL while the swarmlord is 15 while also having army buff

Fair. i think i wilk just drown a knight in a billion genestelers. 3 attacks and 6 dam will mean nothing when i can hit will 80 attacks at 2+, wounding on 6's

>"Fabious Bile has always been a fearsome foe for the enemies of the CSM and we wanted to preserve that same level of fear when the opponent sees you pull out THE Fabulous Bill. So we kept the instant death special rule exactly the way it is on his datasheet. Futhermore when Fabious Bile successfully destroys a big model, such as an imperial knight, the wounds spill over and cause massive Battleshock penalties."

I imagine we'll see that nids have REALLY shitty leadership scores. So if you can take out the hivemind buff you'll see units vanishing all over the place.

oh yes, i think the basic nid LD used to be 5 but they buffed it to 6 in some more recent editions

i miss the times when synapse was really essential and it was a good idea to shoot the big uns

I really, really like this. I run 100+ gaunts backed by melee monsters and the old system was the bane of my existence

On the other hand a 4++ in melee for the swarmlord and the low number of attacks from the knight means that he's going to do

4/3*2/3*2/2*6= 5,33333 wounds to the swarmlord.

So the REALLY good thing is that while he will be probably losing, he's still able to go against it for some rounds.

More if you give him a Tyrant guard to soak wounds and do some damage with crushing claws.

ahh remember when hormagaunts had 12" charge due to leaping rule that you could buy on warriors too

I am assuming CC are goimng to be like PF, which is to day D3 dam, -1 to hit, so, assuming 3+ base to hit and 3 attacks, 2 guard hit 3 times, wound twice 5's to wound), no save so actualy 2d3 extra wound
bretty good

I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop back to 5. So losing a single nid has a good chance to spiral into losing 2-3 more to make up for all that time they spend being immune.

Yes and scything talons had interesting rules that made leaving a monster with its default loadout viable

So crushing claws are almost certainly going to be strx2 ap -3 d6 wounds right? With the powerfist deal of messing up your to hit roll? If so carnifexs will love eating up transports. Only rough part will be landraiders, since lascannons can do better damage against carnifexs.

He also has the special non formation of "Solo Black Crusade"

Since he's Emperor's Children wouldn't it be the Pink Parade?

i forgot, what's the rules?

>not constantly exposing yourself to disease to make your immune system strong enough to brush off the plague by age 20

D3 wounds on guards, D6 on 'fex is my guess

One set of talons, reroll 1s to hit
Two sets, reroll all failed hits

Was great for the monsters that had underwhelming weaponskill

youtu.be/sqFmt9XYeYo
11minute mark. It was a reference to this.

And then by age 22 you die because a hippie don't believe measles should be vaccinated against.

Quick, someone maths Guilliman v. Swarmlord.

>TFW trigons hit on 3's most of the time with re-roll, posion gave then wound on 2's with re-rolls
oh my, such memories

No point, we dont know gillies weapons

> pulling shit out your ass for (you)s
Pic related

well considering it could be exploded by a heavy bolter previously id say it's better

Yeah

FLG seems to be a pretty big part of the recent connection between GW and fans. Different people have different opinions about the FLG guys and what they do, but I'm certainly grateful to them for being part of GW being better.

As it should be

I don't want my nids to be great at everything, I just want them to reflect the fluff and be good

It's sounding positive so far

this especialy with how much more dangerous it is to be in a transport when it gets destroyed
roll up in your landraider enemy lights it up like a candle and you chaptermaster and you land raider just died

It's much less dangerous for most units. Wyches for example were mainly bad because their exploding transport would kill half of them before they did anything.

Only models with 2+ armour or a lot of wounds are worse off. Land raiders will probably be tough enough that the terminators will have disembarked before they die at least.

Italy has passed a law that forces people to vaccinate now, and I think we might do it as well in France.
All the better imo, I'm so paranoid about this shit I checked immediately with my doc if my vaccines were good when I cam back after 2 years abroad studying.

Since these are essentially 8th discussion thread while they last, odds of Mechanicum and Skitarii being one army?
Odds of Custodes and Sisters being one army?

To think we've gotten to the point of first world privilege that dumb people mean I have to get booster shots if I ever want to visit the states.

>Mechanicum and Skitarii
All but certain I'd say, they're treated as the same on the new fluff pages (and lets be honest, they SHOULD be the same army!)

>Custodes and Sisters
I'd be very surprised if this happened, no reason I can see for it (other lack of available units)

near 100%, currently we (admech) cannot use any of the universal detachments. Thus we will have to meld the Cult and Skitarii together and just get codex admech.

>I'd be very surprised if this happened, no reason I can see for it (other lack of available units)

I could see an argument for it, though it would be a bit of a change.

Call it 'Guardians of the Throne' and put SOB, Sisters and Sisters of Silence in the same army.

As the SOB have most of their convents on Terra itself.

I mean, Sisters of Silence and Custodes are one faction in Horus Heresy so I could see it

I know that 8th is saving us from 7th. I'm not sure if it's going to be enough. Too much comes down to execution, and I don't think GW has the skills to do a halfway decent job at any design anymore. I'm willing to be proven wrong when it releases though.

I think Mechanicum and Skitarii would make sense to have the same keywords so they can work together better than with other Imperium shit.

>Custodes and Sisters
Sisters of silence? I don't know enough about their structure, but it would make sense if Custodes and SoS where lumped in with Assassins and Inquisitors with a key word like 'Agent'. This way you can make it easy to ally agents with other imperial forces.

GIRLS CAN'T LOVE GIRLS
MODS HELP

so far, if we only take what the guys say in faction focus, regardless of how the armies will work with the new rules, eldar and tau are still op, nids and DEldars are still going to suck

>Talons of the Emperor keyword

Solved. Next question?

What is love?

And can it bloom on the battlefield?

a miserable pile of secret

But you cant disembark after move so it doesnt really benefit the charge. Melee cucks got played again.

>mfw i play exclusively Tau

Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
No more

Guilliman and Yvraine are going to be a recurring thing, so I would say yes. Next question?

Will we ever get plastic sisters?

Will we ever move out of these basements?

You did get plastic sisters of silence haha fuck you.

You will move out of your basement when you feel motivated enough to actually get a career just to fund all these new models GW is about to shit down your throat. Next question?

Read the thread, it's a safe bet that transports will universally have more than 6" movement, which does actually make them faster than before, you just spend the turn sitting in the transport instead of sitting in the open.
And who knows, maybe there'll be a special rule where you can disembark after movement with some transports, essentially turning them back into dedicated assault vehicles.

Sweet. my devilfishes finally get some use.

Skaven are average 4 in AOS and they are your equivalent faction.

Swarmy don't charge me
Don't charge me
No more