Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1513: Kill and Keep Killing Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RRRjD8q2
pastebin.com/MRbEjkDM
pastebin.com/wT0cvFGQ
pastebin.com/eJcKYgJL
pastebin.com/LAZA4s1Q
farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Tatau
farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> bait

No no no user!
It's kill, reanimate dead, keep killing.

Well, if you insist...

Recap episode time! Because I'm cleaning up my pastebin a bit and putting these into collections, so some older links will be broken in a bit.

pastebin.com/RRRjD8q2
pastebin.com/MRbEjkDM
pastebin.com/wT0cvFGQ
pastebin.com/eJcKYgJL

I'm going to be taking a short break to go over things like combos and feats in a bit, and then transferring this first 'season' to GDocs or something less prone to catching fire randomly.

I hope anyone still following this chain is enjoying it! Am I an iconic jumper yet I want headpats

>Kill and Keep Killing Edition
If you say so. . .

I got something stronger than headpats

Dead Snow is a great movie.

really your going there?

Oregano?

Jump # 113 Generic Xianxia
Starting location: Bustling City (free)
Background: Young Master
Perks:
*Other cheak (0)
*Martial Arts (0)
*Cultivator (0)
*A Good Catch (50)
*A First-Rate is better than three Third-Rates (100)
*No Jumper you are the Waifu (100)
*Good Breeding (100, Discount)
*Teach Me Master (300, Discount)
*Newgenics (300, Discount)
*The Basics (100)
Companions
*Your Spouse X 4 (300)
Equipment
*Bottle of Nutrients (0)
*Spiritual Transfer stone (50)
Drawbacks
*Bandits (+200)
*Demon Attack (+200)

Companions:
*Akitsu, Arcueid, Yubel, & Tamamo : Young lord (Xiania protagonist)

(I don’t know much about Xainxia but I tried)

As the young head of a household I was charged with going out in to the world and earning my own fortune proving I was truly worthy to be a leader of my clan. I was accompanied by my 4 wives (some agreements were made before my birth)

That was how I began my journey. It’s funny I thought I was pretty powerful until then. The road is a great teacher though and soon my eyes were forced open as I stumbled in to a world much bigger than I was.

We were beset by bandits early and my wives and I were handling them quite easily… then there was a puff of smoke and a being of utter blackness stepped out. It walked through our best attacks like they were nothing, like we were fighting smoke. It moved with a horrible speed that we could barely fallow.
We soon realized we were only alive because it was toying with us…

Before it could finish it’s game though an old man jumped in front of us. She was half drunk and stumbling the thing dove at him and with a single motion of his hand light flashed and it was consumed. He turned from us cursing the demons. When I went to thank him, at first he was irritated by the interruption but then he paused and seemed concerned telling me I had been marked by demons and that I would be beset by them for the rest of my days.

(to be continued)

That was how I met my first mentor a wandering drunk. He was an old pervert who I paid in booze and training half dressed as we traveled. It wasn’t unlike my time learning to be a ninja.

It wouldn’t be long before we learned our mentor was just a small fry in an even greater pond. We learned from him what we could until the demons proved to be too much for him and he lead us to his master’s Master.

She was beautiful and young, maybe as young as me and frighteningly powerful. We were given 3 challenges before she would agree to train us, 3 sacred treasures we would have to claim. They were all guarded either by powerful warriors or demons.

Through a mixture of wits, planning, out of context magic and turning demons against each other we claimed each one and returned to her. She turned out to be thousands of years old for her first example of her power and what could be done she disintegrated an entire mountain with a move, then restored it with another.

The update that maybe three people were waiting for!

1.4.2 Changes
-Reduced prices for artifacts
-A few new perks, an item, and a drawback.
-Finished descriptions for add ons.
-Bonus missions still not done.

You either wait for the Archanea jump, or you go across the pond to wake up Nagi and companion her. She won't be purchasable until the Archanea jump but they're in the same world/ten year timeframe (Valentia has too much content to share a jump with Archanea, I feel)

Rolled 1 (1d2)

Don't mind me, just rolling something.

Wait, which game are you working on right now?

Woo!

Neat.

I'm minding super hard right now.

Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia, aka FE Echoes. I use "Valentia" because that's the name of the continent.

Wait whats going on here?

Dont you get a free custom xianxia cultivation technique?

So is there any perks that allows you to cure crazy? Because Himiko Toga is crazy but adorable. I don't wanna be stabbed but also at same time entertaining idea of taking her with me.

>So is there any perks that allows you to cure crazy?

Light of Eden from Evo is a good one. I also like Disney Magic from Zootopia for that. You probably already have a week of non-sex adventures planned anyway, bring some company and improve their life.

d&d psionics, nifty little power called Psychic Chirurgery. Cures all sorts of crazy. Has a lot of other nifty uses too.

Whoopes, sorry. Thought it was for marthland.

When you get to marthland, can I get a Nagi companion option?

Personally I think a little bit of crazy is kind of fun in a Companion, but you might try looking at Psychonaughts for that. The whole scheme there is messing around in people's heads. Remember Me is another place to invest some time in if you don't mind literally manipulating memories to get the personality changes you want.

Of course, if you're trying to be a decent person about it, you might try-

>Someone suggested something from one of my Jumps without me having to do it.
>MFW

You talking about the technique scroll? Because that's only free if you buy Xianxia Protagonist.

If you're talking cultivation in general, you might be thinking about World of Cultivation. That one has a builder for you to make your own cultivation method.

>implying

Ok, I've given the PPC jump a once-over, tried to clean up and clarify some perks, and injected a bit of meta into it in the hopes of getting everything to work better from an in-universe perspective.

pastebin.com/LAZA4s1Q

If there are no major issues, I'll be uploading it to the drive later.

Standard nazi zombie awakening procedure.

One of the "Quest Reward" perks in Alterworld reads like a lesser Path to Victory for treating mental illness. Also, Path to Victory, Read the Guide from Monish Cap, and Destiny from Dinotopia.

>he can't spot nazi zombies
Man, are you in for a rough summer.

>Stanless steel
>Touchest battles.
>Even more crap
What the... is this some kid's drawing?
Why post this?

To be fair according to the news everyone except the poor isis terrorists are nazis.

Just trying to give you an idea of what you'll be up against.

I wasn't waiting for it, but I'm pleased to see it.

Don't diss, fool. Any warrior worth his salt knows Stan is the biggest weakness in any metal weapon.

Rolled 231 (1d816)

Speaking of rolling something, let's see what Jump we're discussing this thread...

see
Nagi a pretty, I want to wife her too.

It's meant to be a parody.

You may want to post that as a PDF, instead, as is standard to do and get more people to notice it.

Steal her heart with a persona 5 persona?

Inconsistent use of 'sue' in their 200.

Other than that? Pretty good.

It's Farcry.

Dandachi (400cp, Discount Drop-In): An intelligent weapon forged from what appears to be some sort of beautifully crafted magical iron, Dandachi has quite a unique and powerful function. The weapon is capable of healing every sort of physical, spiritual, and mental malady imaginable.

>mandatory options in drawbacks section
>gives CP

?

What arcana would tlexcalipoca be in the persona jumps?

Sadly I don't I was trying to avoid getting too overpowered so I didn't take Xianxia protagonist (or stay for a million years) but I probably learned quite a bit in my stay there. I have a high learning rate especially when taught by a teacher (I have the noblesse perk a young man's mind and an absurd learning rate)

It was in Naruto as well user, well mostly because jumpers were going to need all the help they could get

>tlexcalipoca
Google is wondering if you mean Tezcatlipoca.

>Stanless
Hey I'm a perfectly legit businessman trying to sell you a genuine sword repair kit!

Yes, aztec gods names are hard to write from memory.

No I'm genuinely confused here, are you being forced to take the drawbacks or not

I'm positive there are no drawbacks you're forced to take in nardo

I was reading the mistborn jump, and I says that special metals from other settings might have their own powers.

So Veeky Forums what do you think would be the abilities of some non mistborn metals?

The only one i have thought about so far is eridium from borderlands.
Allomancy: control personal gravity
Feruchemy: store how much people notice you.

If you take uchia background you have to take the edgy drawback or whatever it was called

Sharingan, Rinnegan, Jinchuuriki, and probably some other stuff all have mandatory drawbacks too.

I do think PPC guy should specify whether or not you get CP from whichever mandatory drawback you choose.

The setting is dangerous enough, pass go and take your points.

Looking over the jump, I think I see what he's talking about. The mandatory drawbacks aren't attached to anything, you're just required to take one of them. For any of those, you can just not take them, but here you have to take at least one of those drawbacks no matter what, even if you don't purchase anything.

I don't know nearly enough about Persona to make a guess, but I'd throw out either the Emperor or the Magician Arcana

>but_at_least_gay_marriage_is_legal_now.webm

What do the Tatau do?

Isn't Iridium more of a crystal?

With "Setting Things Right", does this mean if say...someone killed a person. If we killed the murderer within 24 hours of the murder, does the victim come back to life? I'm trying to figure out how the perk works.

We're also assuming that the murder happened 'in canon' if that makes a difference.

farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Tatau
farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Skills

Damn liberals ad their damn hoards of zombies.

>he doesn't now about the greentext story

>He wants to know though

Aztec myth jump when? Actually how many mythologies jump do we have and are working on?

My favorite are the nazis advocating free speech; because when I think civil liberties, I think nazis.

Would being a serial killer be curable? Her quirk requires her to ingest a lot of the target's blood, which she then transforms into that person. When transformed she has that person's quirk.
She's very yandere, as she likes her men "tattered and reek of blood".

That's a fucking hilarious greentext, thanks for reminding me user

I always thought it looks like one of those psychedelic metals.

might be spelling it wrong, but I am referring to the metal from borderlands.

There's a pretty good one in Black Lagoon that makes it a passive process. Just hanging around you will make crazy people stabilize and improve.

We have a Greek Myth jump, someone is working on a Genesis jump, NikaMoth will be working on a Celtic Myth jump soon, and...that's about it, I think.

If it's caused by mental illness or mental trauma, Dandachi would work.

If she's mentally sound and just chooses to be a serial killer, then maybe not.

No.

ok i looked it up and it looks like i have been spelling it wrong.
the one from borderlands is eridium.

Where is it shown she can use a person's quirk? I could have sworn her power was strictly visual mimicry.

With Setting Things Right, do you retain knowledge of how things were like when they were wrong, or would you need something else for that?

I don't know if it's a metal or not. The color always struck me as being a crystal though.
I always assumed it was a crystal, but I honestly don't know.
All the wiki says is that it's a new element, and describes them as being 'bars' of Eridium, so I guess it really is a metal.
Also yes I fucked up the spelling, please forgive me.
Can't believe I did that.

tl;dr Disregards me, I sucks cocks.

>She's very yandere, as she likes her men "tattered and reek of blood".

I Think I found Alucard's wife.

Oh, man, I didn't even realize we were talking about something different. Sorry. I figured it was one of those things where a series gives the name of a real metal to something fictional because the name is cool, I know WoW does that, for example. I think WoW actually does have iridium as a crafting resource in it.

What are some good IPs that have mediocre jumps?

Yep!

Killing someone with that perk kills the person 24 hours in the past, undoing everything that they've done since then.

Sorry it took so long. I didn't have it saved so I had to find it on 4plebs.

Honestly in borderlands 1 it may as well have been iridium, in 2 though it became important and relevant that it was it's own thing.

My bad. I had read the part where her stealth ability was the girl she was impersonating. Turns out it was her own ability, allowing her to "disappear" if she holds her breath & blanks her mind.

I'd say most of the Final Fantasies past 10, but we don't actually have any. Maybe Berkserk? Or OOtS?

Classic

That is just plain beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Where can I get some awoos?

There goes the thread.

Could Bryn kill a jumper with tons of social perks?

Oh you.

Could someone help me brainstorm something? I need ideas for powers based on octopi. I'm designing a transformation virus that grants the mutants superpowers based thematically on various animals without actually being that animal's real abilities. For example, the Snake strain can manipulate friction to let the host slide across the ground at super speed or hold tight in a grapple, to emulate constrictors. I want to have at least three abilities for each strain, though, and so far I've only come up with two for Octopus.

The first lets them spray a cloud of "ink", biologically-based nanomachines that they can manipulate in various ways. The simplest is to refract light to make a sort of invisibility aura (octopis are great at camouflage, after all) around them, but I'm sure a clever user could come up with lots of fun uses. The second is to emulate how octopus tendrils have their own pseudo-brains in them and can operate on their own (there's at least one species of octopus that hunts by ripping its tentacles off and throwing them at prey to independently constrict them), allowing the host to bud little biodrones off of their body. But I'm stuck on the third. Anyone else have any ideas for octopus-themed powers?

Looks to me like an Emperor Arcana.

Touhou's got the meme herself, you could probably get a wolf Faunus in RWBY, there's Aela in Skyrim, and probably plenty of others.

Thank you I needed to smile today.