Gotta sell those new models somehow

Gotta sell those new models somehow

So basically old marine commanders will still be t4 and shit. Great.

Yeah but it sounds like the new guys don't get access to terminator or artificer armour

They'll possibly be cheaper though and have access to more options.

I just posted the two above these. Where did the full datasheets come from?

>Mortal wounds

Is this the first time they revealed they're doing wounds sigmar style?

That's been confirmed from the start.

No, it's been about for weeks now.

Seems like they updated the article afterwards.

>interceptor
>Hellbrute

How do they differ from the normal Primaris marines?

Are they like made specifically for a role rather than being interchangable like normal marines?

Shit, guess I missed that. Carry on then.

They fill a FA slot, have better movement, can deep strike, have a midrange gun. They're nothing like the primaris tacticals.

I'm still unsure what mortal wounds exactly are. Are they just wounds that you can't save?

auto-wound no-save (armor or invul)

It'll be a bitch if all the feel no pain style stuff gets to cancel them

What said, but there may be ways to save or reduce mortal wounds like in AoS.

Feel no pain I think explicitly gets to cancel them.

FNP does cancel them, which is pretty stupid with all these "not magic shit" rules that are going to be handing them out. Why exactly does charging really hard ignore magical protection and force fields when it won't ignore having a medic nearby or being really fat?

>being really fat
A D-cannon will go through basically everything, but even if it does take out the left third of a Plague Marine he can still keep walking.

Okay, but why does charging really hard ignore an Iron Halo but not the presence of a nearby Ork Dok?

Why does a D-Cannon (in this retarded hypothetical) ignore models being able to dodge really well, a la genestealers?

It's just a game man, use your imagination on how it works. Maybe it looks like the shot connected but at the last second the genestealer jumped away. It doesn't have to literally be "i got hurt but now I ignore it lol".

>all this arguing about realism in a game where poison kills necrons

It's not very narrative, but I imagine it's there because for game reasons they'd like an expensive unit to get a certain baseline of damage. Maybe it represents stabbing someone so hard you run them clean through the other side.

>Okay, but why does charging really hard ignore an Iron Halo but not the presence of a nearby Ork Dok?
An Ork Dok can sew someone's head back on. They're pretty good.

A painboy can convince a corpse it's alive.

I find it amusing that Chadmarines are much closer to how Mehreens were always flavoured. Manlets are not actually that impressive individually on the tabletop.

Custom-made acidic rounds that interfere with necrodermis.

SOMEONE CAPTURE A PAINBOY NOW AND GET ME OUR FASTEST SHIP

>Roit, get up
*Hammers on the pipes surrounding the golden throne for a few minutes*
*Injects some squig oil into the Emperor's knee*
*Emperor slowly, but surely, comes to stand, and looks at the xeno in a new light*
HOW CAN I EVER REPAY YOUR KIND
>Dat'll be four and a half teef, and I want a checkup in 'alf a year

Incorrect.

-most- of the armies are made up of impressive super-elites in one way or another. A marine is impressive next to a guardsman, but so is an aspect warrior of a Necron immortal.

Superhuman, but on a galactic scale they just aren't that special and it's silly to lose sight of that.

The really superhumans really suffer between the lore and the tabletop. 1 deathwatch kill team can take out an entire underhive of gsc in the lore, 1 eversor is a challenge for farsight's eight and some more, 1 custodes can take out an entire chapter of space marines, etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if 1 chadmarine get bumped to the level of every single one being able to kill a demon prince with their bare hands in the lore. We're at dbz powerlevel shit here.

Why do we call them chadmarines?
I don't like that. They are cool new dudes and not even rules wise very impressive.

What was the chad counterpart? I want to call them that.

So why aren't Primaris marines using these assault bolters in rifle form?

>Deathwatch kill team can take out an entire hive of genecultists

Yes, through spec ops action. The tabletop game is a wargame where everyone lines up and shoots each other in a straight fight.

Or in other words, play an RPG if you want to take down a genecult with a handful of marines.

Because they're bigger than manletmarines and probably bully them and take their lunch money.

Because the nerds who self inserted as super strong space marines are now second fiddle to the Super Space Marines, who get all the best gear and attention. For these nerds it's high school all over again.

but manlet marines is already a degrading phrase
so you despise marines but also primaris?
that doesn't even make sense

I think it's less to do with that and more that Veeky Forums successfully spread their Manlet meme to the rest of Veeky Forums pretty thoroughly.

I don't despise anyone, It's just a funny concept. I rally quite like the new marine models. I think the lore integration could have been done better, but we'll wait and see with that.

no scatter dual-wield heavy bolters just after the ork preview... whole new edition for orks right? right?... right? *sniff*

This guy seems surprisingly tame. He's got, presumably, +1W/T/A over a regular captain, but his lack of gear options makes him kinda meh.
These fuckers on the other hand, oh boy. Three guys carrying two suspensor HBs each, with jetpacks and +1T. Lack of options is still a thing, but who gives a shit when a MSU throws out 18 heavy bolter shots on a mobile, deepstriking and fairly tough frame.

Fund it.

Still, they cost 1/3 of the points of a knight errant, so they are not cheap.
They're crisis suits with better ballistics skill and no weapon options. They're not a cheap disposable msu, you'd have to insert them in just the right place to either make their points back in 1 turn of shooting, or in a place where they're safe for another turn.

I wonder if we'll ever see a big customizable Primaris Captain kit like that old box they have for Space Marine captains.
Not going to get my hopes up though, they'll probably continue to monopose kits for HQs like they've been doing, and if you want a weapon from one kit, and a weapon from the other GW will say "Buy both :^)"

>Muffled Squig noises can be periodically heard from beneath the Emperor's armour
>"Zog me boss, I knew dun I leff sumfing back inside.
>"But 'dun worry, job's still a roight propa good one, yer just got to 'ave a shoota handy next time ya go to da drops."

It's not about realism it's about how the mechanics of the game have completely and utterly lost any kind of coherence. Do you not know the difference between internal and external consistency?

>no new fluff
Come on!

Yeah, but you rarely get a story of a single Aspect Warrior halting an entire WAAAGH! 300-style.

Everyone jobbed to Marines in the flavor since forever.

It's just another kind of wound and save. It's not breaking the internal consistency any more than invulns and cover do and it's still simpler and more coherent than the system it was replacing.

If Marines weren't SUBSTANTIALLY better than other factions warriors then chapters of 1000 of them wouldn't do or mean shit. This is a universe with troop carriers that can carry hundreds of thousands and armies that commonly number in the millions.

Marines need to be extra super special to mean anything at all.

Maybe in the lore.
In the tabletop, we need to have 1/20 of a Chapter fight a battle against an insignificant sliver of a tiny piece of a Hive Fleet, and have a balanced game.

Which is exactly my point.
S4, T4, W1, A1 Marines WERE NOT very special. T5, W2, A2 Marines however are.

>2+ to hit

Man, is every character hitting on a 2+ now? This seems fucking dumb as hell.

What, exactly, is going to differentiate characters that are meant to be more skilled or fast when everyone has this flat 2+ to hit shit going?

God damn, i'm gonna pick up death guard when the new models come, how hard will my friends primaris' marines fuck me up...

That is why they have more special rules now, including their fancy auras.

So this confirms that the Inceptor squad is basically just Crisis Suit marines? Pretty much just seems like a handful of Crisis suits with burst cannons. Slightly better AP and toughness, though I still can't really see somebody using these for melee that much.

Those guys are also floating close to 50 points each. That feels like a lot just for a couple of more mobile heavy bolters.

Have we actually seen a proper death guard data sheet yet?

[Citation Needed]

Not that user, but I am fairly certain that has always been Geedub's explanation. Nids poison when used against Necron is actually super acid, DE poison is superscience mumbojumbo poison.

So now SM are going to be OP as shit.

Fug.

A fluffy primaris marine will likely be W8 T10 Move 20 and like 8 or so A

And nurgle ?
Also means nids cant harm basic gyardmen with poison if they tune it for necrons ?

Agreed. Not only does this offer GW the chance to revamp Marine models, but also it's a great opportunity to make Marines truly feel like superhumans instead of slightly better Guardsmen in power armor.

While I feel the 'Nu Marines feel a bit cash grabby and their fluff feels a bit flat, the community have wanted true scale ones since forever.

And now they are here. And people will complain.

It is literally just an easier shorthand for "wound with no saves of any kind allowed." The concept itself is not new, just given a name.

Nurgle: It's warp shit, I ain't got to explain shit.

Nid: No idea, pal. I am just the messenger.

Unlikely, they all seem fairly costed so far.
Rubrics eat everything revealed.

>Rubrics eat everything revealed.
how?

They could have done that by updating space marine rules to reflect that and releasing these true scale marines as an optional marine model. This is just an obvious cash grab at the expense of every space marine player.

It's a new model for a new unit. Nothing makes the old marine models or units obsolete.

In what possible universe? If you said the Chaos Leviathan I'd have understood, but Rubrics are reasonable at best.

Looking at this from a guard perspective:
If we assume an exterminator works like in 7E (8 Autocannons shots sounds loony!)
4attacks->3 hits
3 hits->2 wounds
2 wounds on a 4+ save is 1 damage that may or may not actually be d3 damage but I always assume the worst
9 heavy bolter shots->4.5 hits
4.5 hits->2.5 wounds
4+ save->1 wound average

So we kill one per turn at 36" and in return:
Deep strike into 18" range->18 shots
18 shots->12 hits
12 Hits->8 wounds
On a 4+ save->4 damage

It is very probable that a leman Russ exterminator as we know it will win, but just barely.

Have you seen those fucking warpflamers?

That is what I have been thinking too.

Just releasing them as truescale Marines with the option of still playing your old models (just like people can still play 1st or 2nd edition models if they want to) would have been fine. No need for a fluff update.

Well, if we go by the assumption that 1 power is equal to roughly 20 points (since 5 power is a tactical squad accounting for upgrades), then that means this Primaris captain is 140, and the Inceptor squad is closer to 55 points each.

The Captain seems strong enough for his points, with a powerfist, MC powersword, and fancy pistol alongside his improved statline. That said, he also only has that single melee-focused loadout and is slower than average.

The other squad, conversely, feels quite weak. You're paying close to Devastator Centurion prices for something a bit faster, shorter range, and with less overall firepower and armor. Sure, they can deep-strike and have their assault gimmick, but a 1 in 6 chance of a mortal wound for each member of a 3 man squad isn't the best odds for assault. You want mortal wounds on durable elites that these guys would be ineffective against with their other attacks, and their standard attacks aren't any better than a normal assault marine squad while being triple the cost.

It all depends on weather or not that power level is taking into account upgrades and what other spells the sorcerer will have access to.

If Power Level 6 is for 5 Rubrics with Warpflamers they'll be pretty reasonable.

Inquisimunda or Shadow War Armageddon with enough modded rules might get you somewhere close to that for the tabletop. Although with the new changes to the base 40k rules with tougher models getting more wounds to keep in the fight (where before every Genecultist and Space Marine just had a single wound) it might be a slightly more even playing field. Going with a more narrative system or gaming style means each fight and objective translates into setting up bombs, deploying teleporter beacons, or capturing HVTs for information, which can represent larger gains in a larger narrative (e.g., Deathwatch team spearheading an Ordo Xenos initiative with the PDF) rather than simply killing every single genestealer one by one.

Still, you're playing a low-points Kill Team game in that instance, not contemporary 40k proper.

Sure thing poorfag. Jokes but if Primaris marines arent costed appropriately they will push out SM.

It should be noted that these new marines get fewer attacks than the assault marines probably will with their Chainswords. In fact I bet the two would be very fun to play together.

I think they said in the articles that Power levels assume you fully kit them out since there is no reason not to do it.

>range 8"
Yes, that'll have most enemies quaking in their boots.

>if Primaris marines arent costed appropriately they will push out SM.
You just know they'll be OP as shit.

Or GW makes another rules blunder and manages to make Primaris Marines mediocre and oldmarines amazing resulting in all the WAACfags sticking to old marines and thus not shifting a sizable amount of Primaris kits.

If it's like AoS then yes, all upgrades are factored in.
That said, while powerful once in range, that range is not doing those flamers any favor.

>what are Rhinos?

>8 Autocannons shots sounds loony!

the butcher autocanon (chaos equivalent) has been leaked yesterday as being 8 shot. i dont see why day after day you refuse to make the leman 8 shots

The New assault marines don't actually seem that good for assaulting. They feel like they're trying to be more like flying Attack bikes.

I think I'll be grabbing some of these marines for conversion projects. I never really liked the proportions of marines, but these things are exactly what I've wanted for a long time.

Where's the point value come from? I don't see it on their entry anywhere, did the box set rulebook leak or am I just blind?

Have you guys read the rules? Rubrics, which were at best a terrible unit for the last few editions, cost 6 power for 5, where crisis marines cost 8 for 3, and 5 rubrics shit out 17.5 autohits, 8.75 wounds and 5.9 unsaved wounds against flymarines. What used to be a terrible unit can now do their job properly and can kill more than their points in marines even in one overwatch.
I'm not saying flymarines are bad, just that they seem balanced. They cost an appropriate amount for crisis suit equivs, they die to things designed to kill them and they'll probably mulch medium infantry.
The Leviathan seems genuinely over powered, but that's FW anyway.

No they won't unless they also release and make Primaris Assault Marines (which the interceptors are not), Primaris Devestators (Hellblasters so far as we know can only take plasma), Primaris Sternguard Vets (cause Combi weapons fucking rule now), etc. The normal marines have way more versatility with their options and upgrades compared to these dudes.

Meant to include statblock

How do you know that? I haven't seen them yet but I presume they get two attacks plus the chainswords +1 and the pistol for mid-fight shooting.

So the bigmarine guys deep strike and run alongside the smolmarines. The bigmarines fire basically double heavy bolters and the smolmarines their pistols. The whole group charges and the smolmarines provide the cutty to the bigmarines shooty while also grabbing 1.5 moral wounds on the charge.

The dreadknight has a new contender for most ridiculous model. You could field an army of buzz lightyear assault marines and they'd feel less goofy than these fucks.

That isn't really true though. Single chapters have wiped out entire Craftworlds, stopped entire hive fleets. Single marines have killed the Swarmlord in duels, punched out the Avatar of Khaine, beaten Daemon Primarchs in duels, etc.

The only people in the setting that are really comparable are Phoenix Lords like Maugan Ra, but consistently there are no other factions in the galaxy that have feats matching Space Marines. The fluff simply doesn't support the notion that pound for pound Marines "aren't that special".

By "new assault marines" he meant flymarines.

Sure, but range 8/move 5 vs range 18/move 10.

>you can totally use you old space marines

I guess that translates into, yeah sure you can use them but they are total shit now seeing as how these 3 models can pump out 18 heavy bolter shots as assault.

Honestly, I think the table top is done for me, I'll probably just start collecting forge world and HH stuff, like legions and Titans.