Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Marines getting too big to squash, edition.

>Previous thread
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=5LrhWl3FTrg

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/
youtube.com/watch?v=xXXE_2mGiuc
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-genestealer-cults/
youtu.be/AwIY4PRIp4s
war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2060
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for the plague god1

Any idea what gauss weapons will do in 8th?

Slanny is bae

MORTAL WOUNDS

With the Aquillon and Valdor about to come to light, does Custodes have any good shit left ?

>Leave xenosfags to me

Why do Noise Marines look like burn victims?

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

Shiny new things.

because their mixtapes are fire

He looks like he's tossed me out of a pub or two.

My personal guess is 2 Damage or Mortal Wounds on 6s.

Rumors are that Lion and Sanguinius are getting resurrected next, is there any basis for this?

I didnt think of that!!

The age of biologicals is over. The Reign of Skellymandius shall return in the form of bucket-o-mortalwounds.

....Fuck
I'll give you a (You) for that

kek

Kinda disappointed with the most recent leaks.
I was really hoping that the new detachments would be more restrictive than "Lol, just take whatever"

here's your (You)
now literally return to reddit

Don't get your hopes up, MWs are rare

Part 4 of Helsreach animated novel is out

>youtube.com/watch?v=xXXE_2mGiuc

There is rumour flying around about the fight of Horus and the Emperor is going to get reconned, and Lion never actually die but sleeping.

>play 1 game
>roll like shit and get tabled by eldar
>have to wait until next week to get another game

But it's currently canon that Lion is sleeping.

I'm sceptical after the most recent fluff leak. Sanginus returning seemed like a good "darkest hour" think for blod angels.

Instead Rowboat and a demon show up and fix everything.

I've been away for some time, and what's this recent news about the Bangles?

>ka'bandha is actually sanguinius in disguise as the grand finale of his 10,000 year long prank on his legion

I scared the fuck outta this poodle I'm dog sitting from that hearty laugh, have an anime as your reward

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-genestealer-cults/

>you can ram them with the Drilldozer

youtu.be/AwIY4PRIp4s

so when they going to release the ass-blaster?

I meant he's sleeping so can't exactly call that a resurrected.

There will be faction specific detachments. These one are the equivalent of the Combined Arms Detachment in 7th (which was pretty bland too)

Pretty much same thing that happened with Wrath of Magnus, and Russ never showed up for that. Is anyone really surprised?

Well considering every weapon is getting the equivalent to the Guass rule, I assume we crons are going to get something powerful to maintain our gap

The zog is this?

>There will be faction specific detachments.
They have said otherwise in the Live Q&As

>Index: Xenos
Why did I expect anything else

Girly man single handedly beat the Tyranid incursion on Baal and made Dante swear fealty to him as their spiritual liege.

NPC race got BTFO.

I don't know what Primarch's definitions of " Darkest Hour " anymore.

>One of my favourite aspects of the Genestealer Cults, though, is their ability to form their army using both their own faction, Tyranids and Astra Militarum, too.

So it sounds like Russes and Sentinels are out of faction now for Genestealers.

Kind of excited about tyranid allies though. I want to ally in a Tervigon, or two.

I've been thinking about doing a conversion with something like pic related in the back of flat bed truck as a "broodmother"/counts as Tervigon.

N P C R A C E S
P
C

R
A
C
E
S

REALLY not surprising man. They only ever did rules for: orks, Eldar and crons to my knowledge.

Compared to the rest of the stuff they have done, 1 full book is as much as I expected.

>Guardsman, give that boltgun back to the new recruit, and stop bullying him!
cute bullied prime-marine is best marine

Fug forgot pic.

So much nope.

can't wait to see the fucker reaching the titan girl and the speech part, GeeDubs needs to hire this guy to make Animated 40k novels, along with the Inquisitor dude

The tale of Grimaldus and his badassery, now animated

You could have left it forgotten, and no one wants to play vs your magical realm

One where they would actually lose in the end instead of getting bailed out by plot armour

I'd honestly be alright with that. Or maybe Ka'bandha isn't Sanguinus, but offers some sort of Faustian bargain to get him back.

Please tell me you're joking.

MAGICAL REALM
A
G
I
C
A
L

R
E
A
L
M

Wait, really? I missed that. Is there a source?

Unironically load a six shooter into your brain.

I literally told you the source in the post

He is. Sortof.

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2060

I think it's horrifying too, that's why I want to do it.

Maybe pic related with more Tyranid bits.

Just for this, i'll gladly let FW cut my throat and take my money.

Nids destroyed in a footnote.

Geedubs trying to get us Guard players to try and buy in to GSC.

I will not be tempted.

Oh. O-oh my.

>Dare you enter?

If people think it's magical realm-y I might not. I'm alright with gross body horror, but I don't want anyone to think i like it sexually.

I knew I'd miss a lot of things by staying away from Veeky Forums for months, but I was an idiot to think that things wouldn't get worse.
Well ain't that something.

The time to stop was 10 minutes ago.

Tau too.

It's too late. It's gone full circle.
Now I want to do it out of spite.

I've got some of the bits already I might start tonight.

And Tyranids

IE literally every xenos race

anyone who plays 5th ed can offer me advice about this list?

HQ
Typhus (225)

Troops [3]

10 chaos space marines, Mark of chaos undivided. (260)
x1 aspiring champion: power weapon, melta bombs
x8 Chaos space marines: ccc, bolt pistol
x1 Chaos space marine: plasma pistol
x1 Rhino: havoc launcher

10 Chaos space marines, Mark of slaneesh (265)
1x aspiring champion, power weapon, bolt pistol, meltabombs
2x Chaos space marines: flamers
7x chaos space marines: ccc bolt pistol
x1 rhino: havoc launcher

8x Plague marines (249)
1x Plague champion, ccc bolt pistol
7x Plague marines, ccc bolt pistol
x1 rhino, havoc launcher

You better keep us posted, user.

I was half tempted to make a "counts as" GSC army before they even had an army book.

Penal Legion were pretty good as "mini-genestealers" if you got the right random roll.

What's the best way to find local players lads? I want to start a playgroup for 8th edition. Getting my chaos marines sorted at the moment.

Would any of you fine gentlemen have some tips on making dryads into demonettes? Hate the new models, have some of the old metal skinny ones and want some more for a unit. Have dryads laying around and considering having them as a "war form" of the demonettes

Every xenos faction got tonnes of rules. Tau got two new named characters, seven or eight new suits, all sorts of gun variants, kroot variants, superheavies, gue'vesa, drone variants, and more, just as an example.
Orks and eldar got the most, with entire new army lists fully fleshed out. The ork dred mob list had next to no units in common with codex orks. Unless this is rulebook thickness I consider it unlikely xenos will get half of their current stuff translated.

No one plays 5th
why would you keep asking here?

So bad head aside what do you think the Blood Raven Chapter benefits will be in 8th?

no local games workshop stores in your city? Tabletop games clubs?

>find local posters
>post online on a local forum
>if those still exist, put up a message on a community bulletin board
>etc.

Fuck off cunt, were talking about a good edition here

Of all the editions you pick 5th, the most mediocre? It's just enough far back from 7th but still full of bloat and bad changes from 3rd and 4th as to be the least likely to find supported by any group

*find local stores
i'm dumb

because last time nobody answered

and I'm going to keep asking until someone does answer

Chapter master Angelos (jump infantry), causes fear (even daemons tremble before his hideous face).

You have autism and mental retardation. Thanks for wasting the time to read this post.

then why the fuck everyone besides this general says its a great edition and the most balanced

no, serious question, you fucking explain that to me

I hope they give him a leap just to fuck with the DoW 3 haters.

Fucking goooorgeous.

You'll get bored before they do. A new edition is about to drop, and 5th was over a decade ago.

why wont you play 8/7th anyway?

Can take units from any imperium army. The unit gains the faction keyword . Must be painted red.

These gsc rules have got me so fucking hyped for looted wagons

I've already got a plastic nursemaid, from Kingdom Death, I think I've got a truck from the Mar Attacks kickstarter. I think I'm going to see if it fits in back, or if I've got to do some conversions to make the bed bigger.

I was thinking about getting Tervigon bits for a womb, but it doesn't look like it'll fit the Nursemaid model. Time to see how my greenstuff skills are.

There are multiple groups 30 minutes in each direction but it's a shit load of hassle to get into town at rush hour to get a game. Thought I'd try and set up a local playgroup since I live in an area with lots of villages and village halls we could use. I just need to meet people willing.

Probably because they're newfags who started with 5th and don't remember the better ones that came before

Blood Raven shoulder pads and transfer sheets when?

DAEMONS WIN
A
E
M
O
N
S

W
I
N

>people actually thought ka'bandha got squatted in favour of nids

Fuck me, is 5th really that old?
time to kms

Because they are wrong?
wait if we are the ONLY ones who DONT say 5th is king, why do you come here?

>Top knots

>Be Tyranid player
>Walk into LGS and set up for a game
>Everybody turns to look at me
>Ignore them but hear a quite murmuring
>It builds as I place my models on the table, I hear it now
>NPC
>NPC
>NPC
>I make a run for it but my fat folds slow me down
>Someone grabs me by my cape and my fedora falls from my head
>A guy says "This NPC has shitty AI." as my shirt is ripped off.
>NPC NPC NPC
>They beat me with measuring sticks and make me watch as my opponent arrives
>He pulls out a Guilliman and a Bloodthirster and begins smashing my models to pieces with them
>NPC NPC NPC
>They toss me out of the store and throw the remnants of my models in the garbage but they call my Mom to pick me up
>Overall it was a pretty good day

Does anyone have that 'leak' picture of a lion's head shoulder that may or may not be the Lion?

I need it for reasons.

>group of scientists say "HIV and AIDS are the same"
>general populace says "HIV and AIDS are different"
>gee i wonder who to trust

The mega dreadnought thing.

Valdor

What the fuck where they thinking having that giant rivet on his head, and all those giant cables.

My sides.

J U S T