>>53458056

I couldn't care less. Age of Sigmar is literally the most uninspired, bland fantasy setting you could imagine.

Other urls found in this thread:

cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/
cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't sound remotely interesting to me, but perhaps it'll give them a chance to develop their new setting's lore. It certainly needs all the help it can get in that department.

>The Warhammer Age of Sigmar setting is fantasy at its most imaginative

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wow. I was optimistic about this too. Welp, guess I'm done.

>Thoughts?
Planescape meets Thor?

I don't care, and they're still doing 4E of Warhammer Fantasy in the Old world so it's all good.

But will it be good?

Absolutely no experience with Cubicle7 products.

Why would you release two competing TTRPG games at the same time?

You're bad at business

Cube 7 has done several successful games, but they're a small company. Their most well known would be The One Ring, which is solid by every metric.

I trust them to do Warhamster.

>Most uninspired.
>It's not universe with not!germany and not!egypt.

Yeah...

Might be interesting.

I must have missed all the fantasy settings based on the HRE.

This is awesome. I was hoping for this. Will definitely be giving it a serious look. The AoS setting is actually really cool the more you look into it, and this gives it a chance to expand the universe. I was meh about the fantasy roleplay announcement because I still have my book front the last edition they did of it.

>Inb4 shill accusations

Hello GW.

>Ignorant of german fantasy literature.

Filthy american jew.

I'm optimistic. I've had a soft spot for the Age of Sigmar setting because its really fantastical and reminds me of Planscape if I squint. Maybe they'll be able to make something cool out of it.

Good for the people who care about that setting

It can't bring anything but good world building

>Age of Sigmar is literally the most uninspired, bland fantasy setting you could imagine.

While this is true, in theory, this might be an opportunity for GW to flesh it out more. If it's handled properly, we could get a good look at how cultures and societies in the AoS setting actually work, instead of the usual EPIC BATTLES IN AN AGE OF ENDLESS WAR drivel.

Why not just play dnd/spelljammer?

WHF had a neat setting. AoS is meh.

>german
>fantasy literature.
Daily reminder folklore =/= fantasy

I think I'll stick to this.

>Why not just play dnd/spelljammer?

I mean, if you're going to suggest that, might as well just suggest OP drink drain cleaner.

>cubicle7.co.uk/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-roleplaying-game-announced/

Will it let me play a lizardbro?
If not then im not interrested.
For what its worth ive gotten a tiny bit of hope for the fluff with the new dwarves, maybe they can fix the abyssmal shit theyve done to the lizardmen eventually, and maybe make sigmarines less annoying posterboys.

I'm alright with that suggestion too.

>German fantasy literature
>about germany

are you insane? German fantasy literature is all 100% tolkien.
Germans SPERG OUT if their fantasy is even SLGIHTLY Deviating from tolkien.

German speaking DM talking, my group lost its shit when i brought in firearms into the setting.

I mean name some german fantasy actually based on HRE? For what i can tell most popular German fantasy is something like "The Dwarves".

Hell at this point id say the best german fantasy is Walther Moers.

Called it.

Exactly. Hate the setting if you want, but for those of us that care and actually like it, this is nothing but good.

An RPG is a great way to explore the setting and expand upon it. I remember 40k being all the more fleshed out after the Dark Heresy books. I gained a much greater appreciation for Space Marines after the Deatwatch book.

I may not get to play it, but I like to read them.

Scheißkopf I'm not German, I've never been to German, I don't speak German, I don't read German and the only things I like that even COME from Germany are schnapps, Prince Rupert of the Rhine and tall well-built slightly plump healthy blonde girls.

EVEN I know that The Neverending Story is a German fantasy novel, that Hanns Heinz Ewers wrote some grotesque horror fantasy that would slot right in to a certain type of D&D game and that A.E. Hoffman must be among the best "it's literary so we'll not call it fantasy" authors even to live. I read Otfried Preußler when I was a child, so why didn't you? Holy shit the Brothers Grimm are German! I mean mein Gott, what about ALL THE OPERA?

Fuck!

>Brothers Grimm
>Fantasy
Its folklore
>neverending story

never considered it fantasy either. And most people here dont either. Its fantasy, but its not the kind of fantasy people associate with fantasy and as a result its not part of german TTRPG culture.
Its not my fault everyone in the german speaking world has absolutley no fucking imagination whatosever.

The German TTRPG scene is dominated by tolkien ripoffs that are extremley conservative.
The only deviation is shadowrun which the krauts love for some reason.

Your anger is misplaced. Its not that i am ignorant of german literary tradition, it is that the german fantasy genre is.

If it has a good system, I could get into it.
The setting might be fun to RP in, since they go wild with everything in there.

They are actually doing that with the latest books. Kharadrons is all about their society, with barely a few passing mentions of wars (like, 3 out of 60 pages could make out the component of warfare on that lore). City of Secrets, SCE Mk II, Nagash: Undying King and Shadows over hammerhal already worked on that angle.

It's very good news.
People don't quite realise how much of warhammer fantasy's lore was created in the RPG's.
It's a real opportunity to give AoS some depth.

Berserk, Witcher.

civilized lizardmen never ever...
THey had to make them into demons..

>Age of Sigmar setting
Who cares ?

My anger is mostly tongue in cheek, Germanbro. I shouldn't have tried it on a nation without a sense of humour.

I am worried the age of sigmar roleplaying will focus entirely on the forces of order. I could only imagine myself playing it to try out roleplaying as orcs, skaven, khorne bloodbound or whatever, as they offer something not focused on much in other tabletop rpgs. I am afraid it will focus on dwarves, sigmarines, humans and elves though, which would make it the same as warhammer fantasy roleplay just in a weird setting.

Let me know when they make Warhammer Fantasy RPG 4e

kay
cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

Cool. Looking forward to it

because people will buy both of them you daft cunt. just look at their TOR and AiME releases.

You're pretty much spot on. I remember Germans sending angry letters to the Wizardry devs for putting scifi elements in the Wizardry games like halfway through their double trilogy, and the Heroes of Might and Magic guys actually got DEATH THREATS from German fans because they wanted to put a magitech faction in an expansion pack.

Germans get really really really "stackenblochen" about their fantasy.

I can't imagine that GW's moronic game design can make a half decent RPG. They should have let Fantasy Flight keep the license.

They... aren't the ones making the RPG? That's cubicle 7.

anyone know hwere to get a free pdf of 3rd edition wfrp

There should be a link in /wfg/

Mittelreich from Black Eye. Maybe? I am not an dark eye expert.

You're joking right? FF fucking ruined WHFRP

>WHFRP as a gritty low survival game
>AoSRP as a high fantasy game

Makes sense really. As much as people stupidly think, GW doesn't hate the WHF franchise, they just don't want to make a wargame anymore.

Explain

Look up WHFRP 3rd edition.

FFG attempted to make whfrpg into a deckbuilding living card game / rpg hybrid. Unique dice, tokens, cards, noncustom character sheets and everything.

I'm not even fucking joking

>GW doesn't hate the WHF franchise
Top kek

The format and manner of your post are very similar to that of a script or a social media employee. Given that we are on Veeky Forums there is little reason to believe you are not, in fact, employed by Games Workshop (or, more likely, contracted); try communicating like an actual person next time, if you want your points to be taken seriously.

Sorry bro. I'm not some social media guy or shill. And I don't think there's any way I can convince you I'm not. I just genuinely like the AoS setting and am genuinely excited for this game.

In short, idgaf, I like it. Kindly fuck yourself.

Explain why you like it.

WFRP4 is getting an RPG as well, so I couldn't care less. Zweihander just released as well, and my shelf is still full of WFRP2 books and printed fan material.

Maybe it'll bomb hard, at least I'll get a laugh out of it. I wonder if they plan to compete with D&D 5th? High fantasy and whatnot.

Nope. That's a trap.

I explain it fully, I get called a shill for using inevitable buzzwords. I say things like it has a lot of depth, you disagree, call me a shill.

I refuse, you call me a shill because I'm obviouslty getting paid to promote the product even though I know nothing about it.

It's pointless to answer the question, so I will say this:

I like it because it makes autists cry. I enjoy it because I know whfb-fags cry tears knowing the game is growing and gaining a following. That every time I play a game of AoS, some aspie fathead dies a little more inside. I read a novel, and they sink deeper into depression.

It is delicious to me.

Is that a Veeky Forums enough answer for you?

I'm..i'm actually excited.
The part I like the best in Aos is that relms are literal blank state.
You can either follow ufficial fluff or make your shit up, and its canon.
Short stories show this very well(the decent ones, anyway), so you can go wild and make your own stories and cities and whatever.

I just hope for a good system now.

Whatever. When are we getting Dark Heresy 3E?

So you don't actually like it, you're just shitposting. Cool, thank you.

How was 2E? I bought it but lent it to someone and never got it back.

Like I said, there's no way I can explain anything to you. You have already made up your mind, so it is pointless.

not him, but i really dont blame him for not explaining anything. ive seen enough idiotic backandforth onthis site to know when i see you are fishing for an argument

Could be good, pretty sure a lot of the world people like Fantasy for came from the the RPGs. AoS is also still relatively new so there shouldn't be problems of the writers not understanding the setting like with 40k.

If they intend to make it relatively close to Fantasy then I'd have something of a hard time imagining them going outside of the races in Order and maybe one or two in Death or Destruction.

FFG has Star Wars now, they don't need Warhammer.

GW broke all deals with FFG in autistic tantrum

They did alright with WFRP 1e. I wonder what happened to those guys.

FFG intruded into their space with X-Wing. I also have a hard time imagining they'd give Warhammer the time of day when they can get so many more customers with Star Wars.

Any 40k player that left for xwing is nothing of value lost.

>FFG intruded into their space with X-Wing.
Since when miniatures market became GW "safe space"?

Why even bother, nobody cares about AoS's lore. Even half of the people in AoS general say this.

That's some good mental gymnastics you have there. Still using lotion to soothe the pain?

>German speaking DM talking,
>DM
DROPPED

>The German TTRPG scene is dominated by tolkien ripoffs that are extremley conservative.
it's not just conservatism. germany is one of the heartlands of classical fantasy (the others are england and the scandinavian countries) and we like our fantasy less absurd and more tied to an actual mythical europe. european fantasy tends to be more grounded than US fantasy because we're living among in/near the hills and woods and rivers and fields that fantasy is based on.

we want to adventure in a medieval/renaissance western europe of legends whereas Forgotten Realm is more a random hodgepodge of all kinds of influences.

>is not funny
>denounces another nation for not being funny
okay

>Germans get really really really "stackenblochen" about their fantasy.
because over-the-top US-style fantasy is, tbqh, for proles. it's the fantasy equivalent of trump-style gold-plating everywhere. it's corny, uninspired and occasionally embarrassing.
t. not-even-a-DSA-fan

Anyone who'd voluntarily pay for D*sney Wars shit deserves FFG. Frankly they deserve even worse but I'll take what I can get.

>germany is one of the heartlands of classical fantasy
Any examples?

Fascinated by what you see as substantively different in those photos, idiot. Both like they could perfectly well come from the same game or setting to me.

t. someone without a blinkered, ridiculously unimaginative view of fantasy

That's perfidy for ya.

RPG for a game that is basically 4e infinite multiverses paladins vs evil paladins.
Also the 90% of AoS artwork is a clusterfuck of bodies piled on top of each other as to simulate a big battle.

>RPG for a game that is basically 4e infinite multiverses paladins vs evil paladins.
>Also the 90% of AoS artwork is a clusterfuck of bodies piled on top of each other as to simulate a big battle.

Is this what the guy earlier in the thread was talking about when he said AoS has a lot of depth to it? Depth of corpses piled on top of each other?

Whatever point they're trying to make the take away seems to be 'in DSA ornate things do not and cannot exist in any capacity.'

I'm an Austrian and I can tell you most people here dislike standard fantasy and prefer things like Eberron
Piefke stereotype confirmed once again.

Well, independently of my deep hatred for that user's conception of fantasy that would actually be an interesting sentence to try and extend a setting (or at least region) from.

Like in a response to a prompt here on Veeky Forums once I had
>>The Brittle-lands, where mirror trees grow from the crushed-shell soil and humans are the most durable substance around. Barbarians from the Brittle-lands have trouble with the idea of "a" weapon because everything they grew up with broke after one use. They are startlingly innovative fighters and never stop looking over their shoulder. Anyone born in the Brittle-lands will be sworn to one of the two kings there, Ordswye or Aserlye each of whom is possessed by a rogue dwarven machine god

Meanwhile in European myth Cú Chulainn is screaming at the top of his lungs and gaining 7 different hair colors and eye colors, along with having his shins reverse. At the same time Hercules is fighting off a hydra with infinitely regrowing heads.

And meanwhile in the lord of the rings universe someone is creating the planet Venus via piloting a large ass ship into the sky. And in Scandinavia some viking witch women just summoned an army of 10K+ strong undead warriors.

>The Warhammer Age of Sigmar setting is fantasy at its most imaginative. The Mortal Realms are fascinating, highly evocative and hold endless possibilities for roleplaying.

Can you imagine actually having to type that out as a formal statement?

This is interesting, if only because I want to see the direction they take in pulling it off.

The setting of AOS never seemed particularly good at telling stories about the little guy. WHFRP had everyone start out as rat catchers, petty thieves, and stable hands, but AOS, as far as I've been able to gather, is about infinite high-concept realms at eternal war with very little room for those sort of characters to exist, let alone have stories.

There's absolutely nowhere "normal" for normal people to come from in AOS.

Well it'll just focus on important people instead, no point playing someone normal in Exalted right?

If it'll be good is an entirely different matter.

>eternal war with very little room for those sort of characters to exist, let alone have stories

Wouldn't be too hard really. Some of my favorite concepts is the small fries trying to survive high-grade multidimensional wars without dying.

Are you telling me you don't want to explore the Mortuary Factory?

There's something called city of secrets. A city guardsman being the protagonist... apparently is a novel for age of sigmar!

Dude, that horse is long ago dead. Look at the actual maps, not a QfGM one.

>There's absolutely nowhere "normal" for normal people to come from in AOS.

Stop lying. There have been cities and civilizations described in the realms. That second WHQ game is set in one. Kharadron skyports are cities with normal people.

Normal people living in boring-ass magical realms.
Nothing as exciting as being even a merchant in the old world just within the border of the Empire, as just being outside of the walls of a town makes you liable to get eaten by beastmen.

in part.
Parts of it are also arthurian and NotIreland fo rreaosns.
But IIRC the DSA setting is not renaissance enaugh to be HRE, more high middle ages.

actually i thikn that german fantasy is quite far removed from folklore.
Id like some german folklore fantasy, but then there would be no tolkien dwarves and im pretty sure germans LOVE tolkien dwarves.
>Traditional folklore is boring

This meme again.
Also
>Anything that isnt "The brown age" fantasy is warcraft

What about Glorantha?

>The same happens in sigmar.

So your point is...??

So long as they dedicate a lot of effort to expanding the setting, I'm cautiously optimistic. I do think the setting has potential, it just needs to take the plunge into full Spelljammer style weirdness, maybe with a bit of Kirby Thor/New Gods thrown in for the portrayal of the Stormcast.

You don't wake up to find orcs and mutants having a battle on the middle of the land shipping routes and don't have anywhere to explore.