Galatic Federation

Greetings all, I must apologize for not being able to attend many of the previous meetings. I had to return to Jhool Prime in order to attend the burial ceremonies for my father. But I know that he is proud to show the All-Mother and the All-Father the fruits of our labour in the next world. But enough about that, are there any news, good or bad from your Empires senetors, speakers, ambassadors, and the rest of you?

For those new to this, this is just some lighthearted and fun roleplaying where we don't really have an end goal to it. Everyone is free to expand on their character so to speak, and further expand their own species in terms of culture, language, food, etc

My fluff for my Empire for those who are curious: docs.google.com/document/d/1m-RHzdWkfXWoGUFmOer_tSV7cy1ur1TTsu65Rm6doRY/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-yr4vErIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Dukedom bids welcome to all non-feathered ambassadors. Duke Claws of Burgundy sends his condolences to the passing of your father.

Thank you Ambassador for your kindness.

We make no assumptions to where those non-Avians go upon demise, so we hope that your own gods welcome him with open appendages.

jfc

Tell me about where your people think you go when they leave this world, I am quite curious

By our people, you refer to the collective Avian citizens of the Dukedom. We all believe we are born of the remains of the Solar Phoenix, and when we die our souls create small fragments for his eventual return.

Very interesting, it is always exciting to learn about how other cultures are

Noo are weak and soft! May Death will befall you and all your sporelings afore the coming of the Sectarii, and may you and yours tremble in eternal darkness in the next realm.

This is blasphemous falsehood! All are judged by Ktaar, may her Burning Judgement incinerate the unbelievers! Those who please her in this world may be spared her blistering wrath, given respite in the cool of darkness. Once more I, Kree Ha Shtut, Ktaars unworthy servant demand that you all submit to Ktaar!

On other matters, my fellow Sectarii demand greater access to the Tusant Nebula. We would take it by force but for the potential damage to the vital elements we require!

It's a unifying ideal rather than a religion if it makes sense that way. For example I am of the Yssravannar, and we hold ancestor reverence to great esteem.

Religious zealots amongst the stars, a not uncommon sight but still unwelcome to my eyes.

No need to be so rude Battle Leader. but we welcome you in goodwill and for hopes for future cooperation

Your ancestores are dead, fool, and you soon to follow! Only Ktaar is eternal! Fear her! FEAR HER!

Now the Tusant nebula! Gaseous Dillunium! We the slaves of Ktaar are willing to negotiate for access to the nebula, where we shall construct mining satellites. In exchange, we begin negotiations with the powerful and historical Federation Warship "Treason" and the preserved remains of all her crew. "Treason" has been serving as "Her Blinding Claw" in the Holy Wars after her capture and refit, and has claimed seven ships of equivalent mass, two battle stations and an estimated Sixteen thousand lives acknowledged by this council as "Sapient". Along with this deal; various trade deals and non aggression pacts valid for up to seventy cycles, else Ktaar nail me on the sands of the Deathlands!

My ancestors are with me always, and all my actions are done in the name of those who came before me.

Speaker Ovaa-Kezhada, soft and velvety, may Ktaars light never wither you! You mistake understanding for rudeness out of ignorance! Those the Sectarii wish to offend we offend with death, but Ktaar has given your people such strength as a punishment for teh Sectarii's unworthiness. In addition, your weakling emergency relief efforts of Kreethok city bring eternal shame to the Sectarii Theocracy that will only be rectified after the deaths of us, our children and they're children! Never shall we forgive ourselves nor forget how your people granted those of us stricken heavily by Ktaars wrath food, water and medicine.

Dwell forever in darkness, feared one!

We did what we had to do, as seeing a living creature get sick, hungry and in pain is something that we cannot tolerate. You may curse and loath our efforts, but that is one of our core principles, not just in the Noo Liberty Union, but in the Federation as well

Then in the name of your Corpse Gods promise safe passage to Sectarii Mining slaves to the Tusant Nebula! I Kree Ha Shtut, Ktaars Unworthy slave demand the Gaseous Dillunium! Kreethok Cities shame will never be expelled, but resourced well once again she will spawn generation upon generation of slave warriors for the Holy Wars!

I have come to you, far sons and daughters of Moxif, for my advisers have brought to my attention that there are many more in need of the guidance of Her light, to find their place in the Grand Gilix.

Do not worry, I will not use my powers gifted to me by Moxif to read your minds, I have heard that is considered impolite outside the guidance of the Grand Gilix.

Your Intolerance shall never be forgotten Feared one! This one, Kree Ha Shtut has Brood who are in Kreethok. The manifold sufferings of the people can only be eclipsed by Ktaar's judgement on those who die unworthy deaths!

With this great judgement above our heads, we ask of you, Great and feared Speaker Ovaa-Kezhada; for the Noo Liberty Union to continue in their intolerance and allow our Mining Slaves into the Tusant Nebula. We offer the "Treason", supervised expeditions of your science teams into Theocracy space and Seven million Sectarii militants ready to kill and die at your command. May your wars be our wars, Feared One! May Ktaar's eye be turned away from the shade of your passing!

Our space holds no border with that particular area of space, so you speak to the wrong ambassador zealot

False Godess! Your light is cool and soothing compared to Ktaars eternal hate!

You are wise not to pry into the mind of Kree Ha Shtut; I am shielded currently by the maddened suffering of Sectarii pain-casters. Your soft telepathic mind would be scorched clean by our empaths divine sufferings!

In addition, Ktaar's slaves in the Otrux sector have been dishonoured and defiled the So'Vih's mind tricks for long enough. In return for the withdrawal of Sectarii warships, we demand the release of your mind-slave prisoners of our people, that they may be granted deaths that will, perhaps, turn aside Ktaars wrath.

Your forms confuse me, you have no wings yet hold titles of leaders, what perversion of Moxif's will is this?

Do not presume me a fool, Blasphemer. It is phoenix vessels that protect the Ungoliad conglomerate; they are your puppet slaves! By Ktaar's purest fury, you deny the Sectarii their inheritance! Make an offer, soft-blade-shell!

Your barbarism is disgusting to me zealot, you may presume to hold power but you enslave yourselves to the whim of witch.

Your Ignorance is blasphemy! As a young Sectarii reaches the age where she may shed blood in the name of Ktaar, her wings are torn from her back and the stumps salted lest she be tainted by weak masculinity, or should such frail organs become a liability in battle. It has been twelve cycles since my Grandmother performed this holy write for me, and I consumed my wings and turned my spite to the heavens.

I presume that your wings, however, are indeed capable of flight? When did your people develop flight into space? Wise ones of my people demand the answers, for theories must be tested in fire.

Do not presume to know my powers, one without flight, by the many blessing of Moxif and the divine linage I have been graced with your ideas of shielding or almost humorous.

As for the the workers in Otrux, our overseers have had far too many troubles with your kind, they do not see their place in the Grand Gilix, and i agree they do not seem to fit it. You may have them. your warships have no place there any longer.

Hey op do you mind if I use your culture in a SW gane I run? I think it's really cool & unique.

Greetongs, oh wise & exalted ambassadors.

I come bearing gifts, a dozen fine golden bands, fine rings for fine people.

Peer and experience the self inflicted suffering of two score torture savants! Take our people too our warships, and all shall depart presently! Battle Leader of the Holy Wars Tak Ra Satuk gives her assent and awaits your delivery!

The black star gave us our reach, a paradise of both metal and nature. There were other creatures there, peoples with Her greatest gift, thought, but lacked her other blessings, wings, the power to make their will manifest or even a Xiz organ so could not even generate electricity. We found them purpose in Moxif's plan, and they found vessels of greater flight, left there by Her great messengers.

I have shared this knowledge in good faith, one who forsakes wings, but now you draw my curiosity, how did creatures such as yourselves, so far from Her will, attain flight into the void.

Gold is for the minds of war machines, Fool Ratanna! Do not think the Slaves of Ktaar tricked by your sorceries. The Treaty of Mogoth Savaj still stands, and so you shall live!

Shall my people and your Masters review the Nree river trade settlement? The minerals of Ksar dry up with her people. For more water, we may redirect valuable salts from Kstak?

I have many things of gold, but your gift is appreciated. I do however wonder how you knew what size to make them, for I do not believe our peoples have met before.

Yes... of course, that sounds reasonable.

What gifts would proud warriors such as yourselves prefer?

I regret to inform that my physical form makes the wearing of rings difficult

With humility comes understanding. I am pleased to make your acquaintance and I look forward to unity between my folk and yours.

It seems our histories have parallels. The Sectarii battled one another for Millenia on the surface of Sand under Ktaars harsh eye. Chitin shattered and ichor was spilled for water, larvae and husbands. When in Ktaar's eyes we had grown vicious enough to spread her hate across the stars, she challenged us to take them in her name. A vessel of the now extinct Gdorans was struck from the sky by Ktaars will. The faithful of Ktaar seized it and used its power to subdue the other clans for a time. Resources were gathered, and the Holy wars were taken to the skies. We conquered our system, and then others. Where possible, we transformed worlds into the likeness of our home, Sand, that our children may not grow weak in the absence of divine struggle.

In these times, we continue our ancestral practise of converting enemy vessels into our own, but are also capable of forging our own. Ktaar shrieks at the wasteful wretch.

Worry not, for I have provided for you a fine necklace from which you can suspend the ring, or any other gift you fancy.

Greetings, friends. A humble servant of the Isaac-Phokoe Trade Corporation salutes you. Let's trade and make deals, and may our stocks always be green.

Speaker Ovaa-Kezhada, with some thought, I see place for your kind in the Grand Gilix, your role by her grace decreed. My people seek to colonise the Fento expanse yet are woefully ill supplied. your people are workers of the land no? I ask of you food and farmers for these worlds. What would you want in return for such an arrangement? our empire holds many treasures.

You will not Allure such slaves as we. It does know do for the Slaves of Ktaar to reach for extravegance. Raw materials are always in demand, however.

Ratanna be warned that your masters approaches to the Bulgari have been noticed. Do what you will to these enemies of Ktaars eternal flame, but leave us the contested system of Kosatch. Ktaar demands it!

The Feared one is not so foolish as to surrender his people and their knowledge so easily, vivid one! Your sorceries have dulled your mind to wit and deception.

I believe at the last meeting, merchant Wynn's predecessor was offering slaves from the Fento expanse. Does the Yandix wish to extend formal claims to the territory?

Hail to you representative

I'll be sure to discuss this during the next board meeting with our investors. We are not interested in territorial expansion at the moment, but we are planning to improve our orbital habitats around Eas IV, and we'll need materials and workers skilled in Zero-G labour.
We indeed trade in slaves, and countless other commodities. Is your kind interested in a trade deal?

This knowledge troubles me Kree Ha Shtut. Is the Gdoran a name bestowed upon themselves or by your people?

Forgetting that, this Ktaar lead's you astray, makes you forsake your wings and venerate suffering? By Moxif's will, the highest caste, the winged ones, have been tasked finding and utilising the purpose of the lower castes so that the heaven that once was may be once again, and that we need not suffer again.

Your culture is perplexing to me to say the least.

An empire built by gold and merchants, this federation is a most curious place. I share to you my greetings.

Of course, we leave that planet to you, and shall send you strong wrought iron as a token of our friendship.

Goodmorning, my friend.
And in gold we salute you. Isn't it bizarre that such metal is considered precious by so many different cultures, all around the galaxy? Truly, the spirit of trade unites us all.

Greetings high executive, we have amassed a big surplus of food on one of our colonies, would you perhaps be interested in a trade? The colony's supply of batharium power cells is almost empty, and our few betharian power plants cannot keep up with the demand. So please look over our proposal and tell me if it is a trade you are willing to do.

Damnable Mok'va workers, they damaged my commuicator, they will be mind wiped for this.

My apologies for any confusion if my visual feed or voice were distorted due to this. Its hard to find good Mik castes these days

Well the gift is graciously accepted, I do intend to leave it by my fathers shrine

What news High Executive?

We are very short in batharian stone to power most of our frontier worlds. So we are more than willing to accept that as payment, if you do not have any batharian stone to spare, then we can accept the [Federation currency] in as much as our food and services is worth

What kind of food are we talking about? As you may know, we at Isaac-Phokoe Corp are proud to supply half a sector with every kind of nutrient-related commodities, from the talking carps of Platton Beta to the delicious Ns-apples by Ns Laboratories (which are now, as you may be delighted to know, with 35% less fatty substances and available in 2 new colors). We're always interested in new kinds of food to trade. Since we produce a surplus of energy, we may be more interested in trading raw energy instead of our precious batharium stones.

Exciting news! Our Company, blessed may be Her Managers, is inaugurating new luxury apartments in orbit over Guniop II. We would be honoured to welcome you and part of your entourage after the next meeting.

back2/v/
roleplaying threads are cancer just like quest threads

You say you trade in slaves, what manner of being could you offer for this problem? Our farms are undermanned as our Gruva caste have not grown as fast as the other castes. do you posses any with an affinity for agriculture?

In return we can offer gold and treasures, the great mindscape artworks of Sephim perhaps? Mirage glass lenses?

We have a surplus of Jork-Ezoo slug, and the Tavazo-Ous crop. Both are highly nutritious and can be prepared in many various ways (off topic: readin my document under Agriculture to read about some of the Noo cuisine)

It's a kind invitation, what would be required of a old bird like me and his knights at this event?

You have our sympathies elected leader. But I digress, we've decided to end our own self-mandated isolation and wish to rejoin the rest of the galaxy.

Thank you for those kind words, and you and your people are more than welcome in the Federation, but I must ask, who are you and your people?

If you want the best, I humbly suggest you purchase our new Agri-drones Mark III, which now come supplied with planet-wide sat-control and DNA-programmable insecticide. If you prefer a biological servant, we can vat grown new slaves, customizable for your needs, but you'll have to wait a few months, unfortunately.
What you offer sounds really interesting. My subsector Lord-Manager is an art lover, and such a gift could be the key to my promotion.

Your Jork-Ezoo slugs seem delicious. If you could send a sample to my embassy, we could consider this deal as good as done.

Don't worry. You'll just have to relax. The entire facility is completely automated, and we'll have a special guest at the opening as well.

We're the Technocratic Commonwealth of asterisk and I'm it's ambassador. You may call it the Asterisk Republic. You may have noticed our species went for a hardware 'upgrade'.

If this "batharian stone" is what my translator says it is then we may be able to supply you some though I am curious that you use it for power generation.
I implore you to not be too concerned about, if you Ovaa-Kezhada were to send workers as part of a deal, they would be welcomed as citizens not slaves.

Well it seems like it would be a entertaining gala, so I accept the invitation. Although I do have some questions regarding the event if that's ok?

Sure, my fellow socialite. Ask away. Our Company is proud of delivering the best possible experience to every sentient race of the galaxy.

Yssravannar knights are woe to be without their mounts, so is there any place to house the beasts? I should warn they can be quite, aggressive.

I think we may accommodate your mounts on the planet below, at your disposal for the safari. I'm sorry, but it would be probably troubling to host dangerous animals on our orbital facility.

I wondered why your mind felt cold, none the less I bid thee welcome. It perplexes me why you would choose the form of metal over flesh, but I imagine you have your reasons.

Excuse me ambassador, would it not be more efficient to use automobiles instead of live animals since you are going to a 'party'? Unless there is a religious or cultural reasoning behind it.

Off-topic: Sure no problem

I will send a shipment of the Jork-Ezoo slugs, I will even throw in a few jars of Jork-Ezoo nectar. It's from my own family farm on Jhool Prime.

This is agreeable to me, we shall make the preparations for the journey to your celebration.

We Yssravannar have rode upon the backs of the beasts for untold millennia, it's as ingrained in our blood as sleeping and eating. Denying their use would offend the famously prickly sense of honor that many Yssravannar hold dear.

Cool art dude! Did you draw it yourself,
or was it a request?

a user drew it for me in a draw thread a couple weeks ago

Off-topic: I was just thinking, if you could do one song or soundtrack that would represent your empire/species what would it be? For me it would be this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Gp-yr4vErIk
At 2.50 is my favorite part

It will be an honour.

Thank you, Elected-Speaker

Pardon my language, but our species genetic code become more or less a 'clusterfuck'. At behest of a empirical wide referendum, we've decided to undergo the process to have ourselves uploaded into mechanical forms. This is also the reasoning for our self imposed isolation, we didn't know how the galaxy would take to an empire up and right turning themselves into machines, so we thought it would be better not to agitate them.

Is there also room for one of us? We've been isolated from the galaxy for awhile, so it would be a learning experience for us to 'get back to the swing of things' as they say to talking to our alien neighbors.

After some consideration I believe the vat grown slaves will be agreeable. Drones are unpleasant to be around, they act like creatures yet hold no mind. A race hardy and adaptable to new environments would be preferred, in addition to being intelligent enough to grow crops on large scale.
I sincerely apologise but I did take a glance into your mind. I think "The fate of the first", one of Sephim's later works, would be appreciated by your adviser most.

You're hitting a sore spot, Ambassador. Thinking machines have been subjected to strict regulations in all Company's territories, habitats and ships since the Great Stock Failure of 2259. Maybe we can tempt you with remote premium access to our deluxe library of VR experiences?

I trust your experience, Empress. I, however, ask you to refrain from mind-reading. Market secrets are especially important in my society, and inside trading could be considered an act of war.

It is not in my place to question the methods of others, wouldn't a robot be more efficient then vat-grown slaves for the purposes of labor since robots only need energy for power while slaves generally need food, water and breathing air?

Again, I apologize it wasn't in my place to ask. I would like to do a cultural exchange of VR simulations.

Our Companies can grow a vast variety of custom species. Some are infused with just enough nutrient to work for the season, and then die. They don't really have to eat.

I'm sorry if I was abrupt. Thinking machines deeply trouble us.

I understand where your coming from, but when you can sense the life of all things around you, seeing something act like a living thing without that spark makes one very uncomfortable.
I do not mean to offend but you yourself give off a similar feeling, but there is still a detectable mind within you.

On a more pleasant note, we have never met a people like yours before and i see opportunity in it. We have many devices that take electricity from the user, which we can supply with our Xiz organ. Every other species we have met clearly cannot use these in the same way but your metal forms may be able to.

Have any conflicts broke out as out late?

Hail. We are the imperial ploraxians, and something drastic has occurred. Emperor Kinrotos XVI is dead, with a conflicted heir, and we are at the brink of civil war.

Hail to you feathered brother, condolences to your emperor.

We were one of the founding members of this federation, and after the war, we had dropped out because of this. Negotiations between the two factions are being made here.

Hail, I am Emperor Nozir Kinrotos, the Kinrotos XVII. I request to dock, and I shall negotiate with the flase emperor, who is the bastard son of an affair with my father.

Deeply troubling, Ambassador. Succession in totalitarian societies can be messy. Can the company help you in any way?

No, I understand. The galaxy has a history of AI revolutions with the machines often turning on their masters in a sense of sick irony. I was just thinking we could start bonding again with our neighbors.

Oh, you are psionic then? Have you happened to find anything called 'end of the cycle'? Our archaeologists found it carved into a dismantled ringworld and we we're wondering if you knew.

Hail, I am Gowros Mori. Son of the late emperor Kinrotos, and I have the birthright of the throne! My father abandoned my mother in the street, and I seek compensation!

PURGE THE XENOS

Our condolences, as as stated before we offer our services to help keep the peace if you require it.

The negotiations began shortly after both arrived at the negotiations chamber, with their militias arriving with them.

To prevent the blood of avians being spilt we offer our services to mediate a peaceful solution

>Gowros arrives with a lavish gold coat, and 3 guards with mis-matched uniforms, and a slew of various guns
Hail! As you may know, I am here to bring a golden era to the Ploraxian empire! I am the true here, I am chosen by Kelur to rule the empire!
Kinrotos XVII arrives into the chamber, with an even more lavish outfit, and a more organized guard
Lies! Slander! We do not believe in the old gods as much anymore, and I am guaranteed by blood to rule this empire! Do not trust this bastard!

We are mediating a peaceful solution, and you may watch.

Saddening to see fellow Avians spill blood and squabble. Surely they should know that such is not the way in the Dukedom, if only they would embrace it.

Ah, psionic, it has been a while since I have heard someone refer to Moxif's gifts in that way. As for "the end of the cycle", I have heard it before but bear no knowledge of its meaning. If my memory serves me a message like that was found on a damaged Dyson sphere.

Troubling.

I, namesor Zandekh, am ready to militaraly assist your dynasty in this coming time of strife.

>For hours upon end the negotiations continued until a recess was called.
We shall reconvene tomorrow, but on the Humanitas, says the human arbiter.

We would be interested in a cultural exchange though, we thought the stories of mystics that can delve into the minds of organics was just but stories that people told themselves to explain unknown phenomenon.