Altered art edition

Previously: >Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
Do you have any altered cards in your decks?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/tLS5s
imgur.com/a/SZC4Q
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-her-clone-legion/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/proliferate-ship/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-05-17-long-may-she-reign/?cat=custom&sort=
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-clerical-errors/
mtggoldfish.com/deck/631817#online
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope but i would like in my atraxa and my mikaeus.. any good artists You know?

thoughts on ultra pro satin tower? I need a deckbox

>Thread Question
I'm running alters of these guys but I can't find one for Ayli.

imgur.com/a/tLS5s
imgur.com/a/SZC4Q

Give a look through those galleries. I know Dirty Mike has one, but I think Atraxa might be too new.

>tfw you ask a question in the stale bread right as the new one pops out of the oven

>Thread Question
My friend made me these a few days ago for my birthday.

they're breddy gud

It can hold a double-sleeved deck, so that's a plus

oh they can? nice

Happy Birthday

>tfw when MTG will never ever get full arts as cool as FoW
Shit, even Pokemon knows how to make cool full art cards. I'm really frustrated by how shitty the Amonkhet Invocations look.
maybe I'm just a weeb though

Satin tower is pretty good, it can easly hold a double sleeved deck with room to spare for some tokens. Only thing I don't like about it is the size can be a problem when you start packing multiple decks around.

Are there any more of these galleries?

I'd be more OK with it without the Force of Will stamp and the summoning circle thing on the right, but it's still nicer than the invocations.

Anyone have experience with Thassa and care to share tips/your build?

I have no personal experience with her, but I'd like to put her into my Sygg, River Cutthroat deck (which is filled with some unblockable weenies and several blockable beatsticks.)

Imagine an unblockable Wrexial netting you a gorgeous spell from an opponent's graveyard.

Just put together a Trostani EDH deck.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/trostani-and-her-clone-legion/

The idea behind it was to use cards like Soul Foundry, Minion Reflector and Mimic Vat to create tokens of non-token creatures that had useful abilities (ETB's, LTB's, static buffs that scale well in multiples).

Haven't actually played with it yet, and I know there's a ton of good cards I'm still missing as you can see in the maybeboard, but any input would be appreciated.

Especially when it comes to creatures to copy repeatedly.

How about the angel from amonkhet?

Yeah I've seen a lot of people running that, my problem is that they get the shit back when it dies.

Temporary removal on a creature rarely works in EDH.

>Had a "fun" Leovold deck (it was mostly to out-"fun" the Derevi of our playgroup).
>Predictably he got banned
>Lots of good cards in there, I don't want to completely disassemble it.

I'm thinking of converting him to Tasigur. Most reliable wincon was control + self-mill into Labman. Do you think the wheels/box should remain in?

>not wanting to run as many 'get in the bag' permanents as possible and forcing your opponents into a dilemma on when to wrath the board

suggestions?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/proliferate-ship/

inb4 just play atraxa

I recently put a few lands I have altered into my new Noyan Dar deck so that if I have to animate a basic I can animate a fancy one. Gonna have to do all of them eventually, but I havnt much felt like painting recently.

Black Market and Dimir House Guard/Shred Memory might be useful

Kinda want a waifu deck and I'm no scalie, so my Intet deck won't work.

How does Mayael the Anima play? Some ramp, then Fatties with ETB effects?

Is there a website where you can buy altered cards? Im kinda iffy about having one commissioned

Just tweaked my new deck after its first playtest:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/26-05-17-long-may-she-reign/?cat=custom&sort=

I have no clue what direction to go in. What do?

I'm sorry my autism is preventing me from evaluating those custom card groups

ive seen vendors on etsy

user asking about Azorius deck from last thread. The commander is Brago, so I obviously have a decent amount of creatures with ETB abilities, mana rocks, and enchantments that like to blink for draw or to change targets. My question is: Is it worth it to include more flicker sources as a backup just in case Brago gets hate or I can't cast him? I've got Deadeye, Turn to Mist, and Ghostly Flicker for now, but I wonder if more or less redundancy would be helpful. I'll keep Deadeye for sure, but I'm unsure about the other two. Turn to Mist seems like a good utility card for flickering creatures for effects or to dodge removal and Ghostly Flicker seems decent as a backup flicker card for various tricks.

I'm trying to strike a good balance between flicker stuff and general purpose cards/threats beside I'm going for more of a tempo deck rather than straight stax (meaning nothing like Tangle Wire, Winter Orb, etc.). I don't want my deck to fully depend on Brago, so I'm trying to strike a balance. Brago is obviously powerful and can sometimes end the game with one attack, but I need contingencies.

Didn't mean to quote

>Turn to Mist
Are you running its namesake? Also, Eldrazi displacer/mystifying maze are additional options.

Pretty much. She's a straightforward commander who wants to cheat in fatties. It's a simple kind of pleasure, but enjoyable nonetheless.

So I'm this user here
I comissioned a furfag on etsy to do mine, they turned out pretty nice. Only shame is he seems willing only to do foils so if you want a non-foil I think you're SOL.

I considered her, but the mana cost for her ability turned me off. Eldrazi Displacer and Mystifying Maze are interesting options I haven't considered though.

Newer stuff is full art without the stamp

it also works with the deadeye pair, just a thought

Nothing says Wheel of Fortune quite like Hunnipop

That's decently spicy, so I might chuck it in. I need to smooth out the rest of the deck to make sure I want more flicker cards first.

fucking red players man
there's a guy in our group who loves red and he wanna white-border his modern cards just to spite us

Thanks, ill check there. Ive only looked on ebay so far

Anyone know some super secret tech for RG Wort?

P L O W U N D ER

It makes for easy glance understanding of why each card is in there :/

Why Asha's Favor, Dimir Machinations, and Havoc Festival
With all your emphasis on not allowing anyone to gain life, why not have StP or even Condemn

Ashas favor on Marchesa or a token gives first strike, death touch, and flying, but I agree it is low power.

Dimir machinations grabs swords or blood moon, or I guess sunforger.

Havoc festival I actually just took out for darksteel collossus, as a backup bomb/in case I get milled

That absolute madman
Why didn't I think of that?

>Ashas favor on Marchesa or a token gives first strike, death touch, and flying, but I agree it is low power.

It's an aura that doesn't go back to the hand or whatnot so I don't give it a lot of value

>Dimir machinations grabs swords or blood moon, or I guess sunforger.

Why not Diabolic Intent?

Thats a good question. Havent had a chance to pick one up. If anything vamp tutor is next on the list.

Any cards that I'm missing from this?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/ayli-clerical-errors/

Academy Rector and Land tax should be coming in some time next week, at which I'll probably drop Tree for another enchantment to make Rector that much better.

Serra Avatar and Phyrexian Processor

Theyre fucking lulzy

That's rather rude.

don't forget to conspire! after reverberating

That Temur one is fucking tight, oh baby

hi i'm looking for a card that i cant remember the name of.

it was a monoblue card that was some sort of animated spell scroll, and i think it was able to cast a spell exiled under it?

Depends. Are you going token spam or Bigass Fireballs?

What was the biggest dick move you've ever done, Veeky Forums?

I just overloaded a Cyclonic Rift in response to a Windfall. The guy who casted it begged me not to counter it as his current hand was shit and wanted a fresh start.

Cool cool. I want a lower power deck for newbie players and when other people aren't being cut throat assholes.

not edh but still multiplayer, i killed my brother during a conspiracy draft on like turn 5
felt pretty dirty

I've lost count of how many times I have master Warcraft into a boros reckoner into a player with infinite tokens. It's like destroying a kid's sandcastle.

Last week a guy at my LGS cast a Ruination, when nobody countered it he just followed it up with an Armageddon.

Then another guy floats all his mana as his lands get blown up, and after the MLD guy spent the last of his mana, overloads a Cyclonic Rift.

He was super salty at getting all his manarocks bounced.

Then the guy who cyclonic rifted won as he had a Sylvan Library and a Gilded Lotus in play while everyone else had an empty board.

Master Warcraft doesn't let you choose which player the creatures attack. So that only works when it is 1v1, not if there's more than 2 players still alive.

Unless you are attacking him with the Boros Reckoner of course.

I'm attacking with the reckoner, and yes there are 2 other players. But the big thing is that they are thanking me for dealing with the biggest threat and we have a little more wiggle room to get shit done.

living lore

I've posted it before but its been awhile so I can tell it again

>playing unedited 2016 decks because guy in group complained about power level
>get stuck with the garbage yidris against
power level crybaby playing atraxa and dudebro with gay kings
>get utterly devastated to the point where I know I won't win but decide to have some fun and cast cruel entertainment on atraxa and kings
>dudebro was topdecking and his draw is insurrection as he loudly announces it then taps all king's mana during upkeep so it empties at main phase
>spends 30 minutes deciding what to do with no mana available and only insurrection in hand
>gets butthurt and says I'm making the game complicated and tells me to take back my cruel entertainment
>do so and cast it again targetting dudebro and myself
>draw insurrection and use it to kill atraxa and let dudebro kill me next turn
>atraxa guy refuses to play with us anymore, specifically if I am there

Those look dope. Also happy birthday
Full art MTG is already cool though but Wizards is lame and won't do it as a regular thing.

Why wont xmage launch?

My deck is bad, I'm gay and dumb.

>tfw no qt muscle bf to play EDH with

Take backs are not a cool thing, i dont know the guy but I can understand the annoying guy's rage at that game.
I would have made the dudebro come to a decision

elk tribal when?

>play that janky $40 Mike combo deck vs $350+ zombie tribal
>win 7 games in a row
>friend no longer wants to play

>tfw bf is miles away from me and dropped mtg for vanguard
fug

Honestly the guy is insufferable he's always bringing precons or draft scraps knowing what we play and gets mad about not being able to deal with certain cards and when we tone down the power level he still complains. Regardless of the any interactions dudebro had the game set to win it was just the salt that made it a good story

Yeah now I get ya. I just hate takebacks.

Takebacks are crap I understand but he wanted it and the king's didn't care since he was more annoyed that the guy was taking forever

We allow takebacks as long as:
>Nobody has drawn a card
>Nobody has made a decision based on the action that would be taken back
>No additional cards have been revealed since the action was taken

So you can play a land and then say "Whoops, meant to play my other land" or if you tapped both your black mana for a 2U spell and realize you wanted to cast something with B in the cost, you can retroactively tap a different land instead, etc.

We have too many sloppy players too used to sloppy play to really get any traction with hardlining the rules, so this was a "fair" concession.

Altered cards? Yes I have some. I did these myself. And still make some more

I think that's a perfectly reasonable way to do it because it doesn't really affect much. Everyone makes people mistakes and if no one has done anything yet then it shouldn't be an issue to correct them.

>thread about altered cards
>people posting weeb shit

My phone made this picture much larger than it needed to be but this is the only alter I've got.

>work at the main HQ of one of the big 4 tech companies
>they have an unofficial weekly EDH night that 6-12 people show up to
>decks are surprisingly underpowered for a table where the average salary is 6 figures
huh, kinda interesting. I've played with them a few times and never saw a true dual land and maybe only 2 mana crypts

How does Prison Term work with cards with activated abilities? If there is already a Prison Term out and somebody plays Jhoira and I declare I'm moving it onto her, can they pay her ability cost multiple times in response? What about trying to move it onto a Sakura-Tribe Elder?

they just want to have fun. probably just something small they play every now and then. otherwise doesn't matter

>That Bosh

provided the ability doesn't require tapping/the creature has haste, the controller can activate it in response to the Prison Term seeing it ETB

>can they pay her ability cost multiple times in response?

Yes.

>What about trying to move it onto a Sakura-Tribe Elder?

They can just sac it.

On the other hand, you don't decide whether or not you'll be moving it until you're resolving the ability. When they play the Jhoira, all you have to say is that the trigger is put on the stack. They have to decide whether or not to spend the mana now, or wait and see if you decide to put the enchantment on her.

Reminder that if you run Survival of the Fittest, you're a spike who should not be playing a 100 card singleton format because you clearly don't enjoy it in concept or execution.

I run SotF and shitload of tutors in my Ghave deck.
I also play Ayli cleric tribal, Brion fast returns, Rith tokens and other varied powerlevel decks.
Fight me.

spells that gains more card advantage
looting, cantrips, graveyard retrieval, and my fave is land ramp/hate. preferably cards that do or remove two things or can recur itself for more usage.

thinking about running her with zada/cantrips for a draw engine. wort can turn cantrips into instant speed draw twos until zada comes and turns it into draw ten or so.

>Java not found
>Why does this Java based software doesn't run

modern nerd here, can something like this but with all the $10+ cards subbed out for cheaper stuff compete with precons?
>mtggoldfish.com/deck/631817#online

Do you forget where you are, friend?

>something like this but with all the $10+ cards subbed out
You mean something that's nothing like this? That's like 70% of cards you're swapping out of that. Try maybe finding something more budget from the get go instead of starting from the most expensive possible point and trying to compromise form there.

Seeing as I can't see a gA thread anywhere, maybe I can find my answers here.
If I have a Solitary Confinement on the board and my opponents have a guttersnipe and a blood artist on the board do their abilities hit me seeing as they don't specifically target a player? ("each player" rather than "target player")

Also, redpill me as to why my next deck shouldn't be Arjun Miracles

If it doesn't say target, it doesn't target.

Guttersnipe gets around shroud, but the damage prevention stops it. Blood Artist isn't damage, but it is stopped by shroud.

Blood artist targets, Guttersnipe hits you but doesn't do damage. However, Zulaport Cutthroat hits you and you lose life.

And you shouldn't, because miracles are really limited in just UR, netting you just 6 cards you can play, Thunderous Wrath being pretty much unplayable.

Thanks for that. I'll have to inform my table about that for next game, I got screwed by them then.

Yeah I guess it's not a great idea, just the thought of wheeling into miracles sounded lulzy, and a way to win with Arjun that isn't just labman. Back to the drawing board

Nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately you still have to draw the miracle card first with his ability, so you'll need a hefty amount of topdeck manipulation either way, without proper benefits really.

ok thanks

oh my god I just btfo someone so fucking hard on xmage

>testing out my budget skittles deck that i intend to use to grief my friends
>join a 1v1 competitive game because my deck doesn't really fit into casual
>it's a guy playing 5-color hermit druid
>he drops a t2 hermit druid
>have no idea how hermit druid combo works, so play a land and pass the turn
>he taps hermit druid, brings 2 creatures on the board, sacs them to dread return, targets angel of glory's rise in his graveyard (assuming this is the most optimal situation for him because he went ^^ in chat)
>welp
>pic related happens
>he says nothing
>mills himself the next turn
>leaves in the mulligan phase the next game, 2-0 him