Looks like chaos rules leaked bigtime duders. Not everything...

Looks like chaos rules leaked bigtime duders. Not everything, but enough for some army builds maybe and rules for big ticket items.

bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/

Get 'em before the the takedowns start

>S4

How the fuck is Abby going to compete now he's facing chadmarines and primarchs?

Talon of horus doesn't seem to have any downsides. He's probably going to use that most of the time.

His shooting is S4, he has a choice between s5 that can punch himself in the face or s8 hitting on a 3+ for melee

LR t8 2+ save 16 wounds.

I was hoping for t9 for the famous superbox. I guess 2+ will have to do.

Psychic powers are weaker.

Chaos knight isnt on the list for some reason.

Havocs can have 4 specials +probably a combi. Should be a lot better being able to move and shoot heavies, too.

Lord of skulls pts cut in half? No one else is excited about this??

I guess not until we see its stats. It's probably weaker now, but it'll be usable in more games.

The Talon doesnt have a -1 to hit. Its a lightning claw not a power fist.

Wait wait wait, in the previous leak it said how you can choose what weapons to spend your attacks on, And you can even split them between weapons. So does that mean you can spend 5 attacks with the talon and 1 with the sword which THEN buffs the attacks by your D6?

Yep
I also think you could do all your attacks with the a Talon then roll extra attacks for the Sword.

You can't read, can you? Read the fucking pic moron.

The fuck are you talking about?

So with my knowledge of the leaks, Abaddon can reach up to 13 attacks:
6 Base
6 Drak
1 Death to the false emperor

The -1 to hit doesn't apply to all powerfists-like weapons its an explict special rule.

Talon of Horus has no downside other than you don't get bonus attacks like you do with the sword.

Risk vs Reward. But S8 is always going to be better than S5 + (1d6+1 attacks) unless you are fighting hordes and I still dont trust the 1/6 chance of missing an entire assault phase.

I think death to the false emperor is on each to hit roll. Like for each hit roll of 6 get and extra attack.

How thematic. Do you think they planned it or is it just a coincidence?

Oh shit thats right I think, So even MORE ATTACKS

I'm still not convinced abaddon is worth it. Only 7 wounds with a 4++ isn't reassuring and no way to get Dmg d6 worries me. I like that he finally has buffs but I'm not sure if he'll be worth it.

Yeah 7 wounds is scaring me, However I think he might be alright with the half damage ability along with the invul. Either way Im interested in testing him out.

Does he benefit from his own black legion rerolls? His buffs are pretty good.

You guys remember that he can't be shot at except by snipers right?

Well thats if you have enough meatbags infront of him. Poxwalkers here I come.

That cost doesn't include weapons.

I think the best move is two 5 man termy squads one deepstriking in front and the other behind him.

I think so but I'm not sure. If it does he's a fucking beast.

It's still undoubtedly going to be cheaper.

He can hide inside of one squad, just weave him in. Although if you're running Abbaddon, you're probably running a bunch of terminators.

>For some reason
They're their own faction, known as the Questor Traitoris.

Theyre in the leak pile, though. Must just be the guy thumbing through the book not being very complete.

Mmh, i'm still update Obliterators can't mutate any gun they want, but at least you seem to roll for the effects before you pick a target

3 wounds each is quite nice, but what's going on with the lack of power-fists? is this a typo?

Nope, looks like the model that never had a powerfist on the model no longer has a powerfist at all. Looks like they're bait for tying up in mellee now, though they can always just walk out of combat in the new edition if they live.

But is Doomrider in it?

>Nope, looks like the model that never had a powerfist

What did he mean by this?

The model. The guy with gunhands. He has no fist hands, just gunhands and one tiny saw pointing sideways that he cant use because of his gunfingrs.

i think the idea was that the obliterator could ram its hand into something and shoot plas/melta/las

you know, not like a literal powerfist, but the effects are similar.

Explain this then.

That's his big meaty fist. It's where his str5 comes from.

It's fleshmetal my dude, it's a fucking powerfist.

So you accept that an Obliterator can mutate his arms/fingers into almost any gun...But not that he can spawn a powerfist or something like a powerfist, or just be really huge and smash somebody to pieces. or just fire a gun at point blank to simulate it?

Oh also the kit comes with lots of saw/blade/spike options as well as guns and the GW one's pictured just don't use them as heavily so it is possible to give him a hand/fist.

Okay.jpg

Well his profile in 8th fucked over all that fluff and flavor, so i guess he's not mutating anything ever.

So, Old No Arms has got to be getting a new plastic model for 8th edition, right? Like a Daemon Prince Abaddon $90 kit whether he likes it or not?

Some kind of Gathering Storm Triumvirate of Chaos box with him, Mortarion, and ?

grab thing with hand. while holding thing, shoot meltagun. this is something a 2 year old could understand.

He has a battering ram sticking out of his middle finger.

Huron hopefully

> Huron over on the side
> Hamadrya has its own statline
Hm.

>It's fleshmetal my dude, it's a fucking powerfist.

That just looks like the flesh part of the fleshmetal.

>He has a battering ram sticking out of his middle finger.

he should point that at GW not me, I didn't write the rules.

>So you accept that an Obliterator can mutate his arms/fingers into almost any gun...But not that he can spawn a powerfist or something like a powerfist, or just be really huge and smash somebody to pieces. or just fire a gun at point blank to simulate it?

Yep! Just like I accept that a tactical marine previously couldn't have a bolter and a knife at the same time.

>Oh also the kit comes with lots of saw/blade/spike options as well as guns and the GW one's pictured just don't use them as heavily so it is possible to give him a hand/fist.

The one pictured is a monopose metal model with no options.

>Okay.jpg

Glad you see it my way.

>Well his profile in 8th fucked over all that fluff and flavor, so i guess he's not mutating anything ever.

The fluff and flavor of the living guns not being close combat monsters, yes. They didn't have much real fluff in the first place.

... Yeah, he'd work. It'd get him out of Resin.

>>Oh also the kit comes with lots of saw/blade/spike options as well as guns and the GW one's pictured just don't use them as heavily so it is possible to give him a hand/fist.
>The one pictured is a monopose metal model with no options.

no.... the pewter one came with a bunch of different stuff you could attach to holes on the hand. the arms were posable at the shoulder. you could make a hand with all spikes and blades.

have you even owned a pewter one? you don't sound like it

I know a lot of people don't like the current Obliterator rules but I'm pretty pumped. I was already considering starting IW for 8th and those rules make it happen for me.

I will likely convert mine out of something else though.

Too orky, not very obliterator cult

Eh? They are pretty solid from a pure crunch stand point and I like the idea of them teleporting in and maximizing their firepower.

Yeah, no. It had like two actual options. One for the gatling style gun or a lascanon like one. It did not have alts, just barely enough variety to have two oblits with vaguely different looking right arms. You could sorta push around what spikes came out of where, but those weren't options. You were just having the big spike in one place and the dumb sideways saw in another place.

Ork players HATE those kinds of rules. These ones start out good and then you roll to see how much better than the base is. The gun doesnt kill its user and the dude never turns around and fires on his own side.

Chaos should be the other faction to have random shit. It's chaos, it's literally in the name.

It'd be Orky if it was a shitty rule that gave you the chance of losing S and AP and shots. AS it stands it is a mechanically sound rule.

You get the bonus sword attacks even when using the talon.

If you read the language you always get the bonus attacks with the demon sword.

Cultists literally exist for the sole reason of taking bullets for Abby.

You want something that can deep strike ideally.

>rubrics are 5 points less
>scarab occult are 7 points less
>exalted sorcerers are no longer the price of land-raiders
Niiiice.
I dont care if they are less effective now, the fact it is now possible for me to field all 50 of my rubrics makes me a happy wizard

At this point, I wouldn't put it past people to mock up pages from a fake codex just to troll the community.

Hell, I wouldn't put it past *GW* to do the same thing, and "leak" them for the lulsz.

It's not much of a troll, this all seems perfectly in line with what we've been shown.

Randomly deciding how strong a weapon is bad, yes, but it's been orky rules, for better or for worse (definitely for worse)

It clashes with obliterator fluff & rules.

fuck you for saying duders you fucking autistic faggot, probably got a lisp just like that miniwargaming mammoth

I have no idea who you are talking about and duders comes from the 90s.

But they still aren't bad which is ultimately a better outcome than rules that matched the fluff yet are horribly shitty.

no, fuck you you sperg

Where's the rest? Like the raptors, the daemon princes, the regular csm?

Only huge fags played with deamon engines and oblits anyway, get to the shit that actually make chaos cool.

yeah just footslog those 48" woth your warlord, im pretty sure nothing in 40k can go throught 50 cusltist :^)))

cult of destruction, hmmm

>plague marines
>21ppm
>Rubric marines
>18ppm

Is T+1 and fnp really that much better than all is dust and invulnerable save? Especially considering that plague marines don't get those sweet warpfire bolters.

T5 is a bigger breaking point now - now it takes S10 to wound you on 2s. Also Disgustingly Resilient works against mortal wounds which is nice.

>Chad marines are 20ppm
chaos eternal cucks

Chad Marines are 24ppm.

>Literal empty suits of armour are better and cheaper than chadmarines

Kek.

Yeah but it still takes S8 weapons to wound rubrics on a 2+ and those aren't super common and against basic infantry the rubrics get fucking Terminator tier saves.

Thousand Sons:
>32% cheaper
>can fire overwatch
>can run
>sorcerer actually has useful spell
>icon of flame does mortal wounds now
>inferno weapons now break armor as good as plasma
>nigh-impervious to small arms fire

>1 inch less regular movement
>invuln save only 5++

Has GW listened?

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE VEHICLE OPTIONS

Inv save is 4+ against 1 damage weapons (pretty much everything outside big guns and plasma/melta)

*blocks your path*

Pages that weren't photoed I'd guess, along with most of the units.

>chadmarines
>S4 also

You're right not a bad unit, in fact it's a good unit.

I just don't think they fit the fluff or old rules at all.

If I field them I'd use some TechnoMancer type models rather than oblits, maybe a warpsmith on treads or something.

>be chadmarines
>die to autocannon fire

Really hoping that we'll get additional leaks in the next few days. These and the Space Marines/Blood Angels things were already pretty fucking cool.

I fucking hate those weapons I need to get back to my obliterators and pin them in or something.

You have to pay for the bolters though.

As much as I would like to celebrate this with you, that's the pts cost without any wargear.

I have the metal one, the sculpt is still dope.
They'll go with someone who needs a massive upgrade. (Typhus.)

>image literally confirms what i said

>Mark of chaos ascendant
But it's not fearless, I swear. This is the new GW.

In all honesty, I'm okay with this as it seems to me having the top fucking leader of your cult with you should inspire you to die in a blaze of glory.

Lolwut. Do they come loaded out by default with normal bolters?

I could see Typhus being his own release coming alongside the Nurgle Wave that's coming to match the Tzeentch Wave.

Really, I just suggested Mortarion in the box because we know he's coming and fills the "Centerpiece model" slot of Cawl/Rowboat/Yncarne.

Would rather see CSM units get stronger not cheaper honestly. Then again without wargear prices, those numbers mean very little for the models that aren't named

I'm really hoping a Nurgle Lord on palaquin can actually be useful. It's something I have wanted to run for fucking ages but has been pretty lame.

The psychic phase changes are so great. It was always a clusterfuck of a phase so this should save heaps of time

All weapons need to be paid for in the new edition.

Bolters were listed as 0 points for the nuMarines so it's unlikely they will cost anything

don't you dare talk shit about fearless, morale checks are incredibly deadly now. morale checks for units that took ANY casualties now.