This is Elric.
Say something nice to him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GP42WYdykT8
youtu.be/jGKNaIXtBZQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs
youtube.com/watch?v=mzs2XwkxPA4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well, he didn't fuck over his...no, wait.
Hmm. He was nice to his hors-- nope.
He was a pretty decent tool of the Gods of Law...no, wait, that didn't work out either.

I'm at a loss, really.

>Gods of Law
>Not a bunch of equally shitty assholes

He's a pawn of Balance.

But he still fucked over too many people to count.

I remember reading a story written by the same author where some hero gets summoned by humans to kill all the elves, but then the hero decides to join the elves and genocide the humans. Kind of weird.

Elric, you are such a fucking faggot holy shit

His epic adventures and endless suffering acted as inspiration for untold thousands of other heroes throughout our world?

The Eternal Champion. Erekose/John Daker.

You think that was weird? Phoenix in Obsidian gets nuts.
He gets transported to another Earth where the moon has crashed into it while the heat death of the universe is occuring. Warriors from a hollowed out moon are ravaging the planet searching for their queen while earth denizens have become decadent and are just waiting for the end.
And then Urlik Skarsol sacrifices the queen in some bizarre ritual that restarts the universe. Also, sleds with polar bears.

I always thought Dorian Hawkmoon was a more interesting incarnation of the Eternal Champion. The Dark Empire of Granbretan were awesome villains, too.

But did he deserve all that suffering?

Which one? Edward or Alphonse?

It's pretty amazing how fun Hawkmoon is considering the stories were pumped out in about a months time total.

Dear Elric

Please don't screw it all up.

Sincerely
Everyone in the world

Huh, no shit.

Then again, given how prolific a writer Moorcock was, I suppose it makes sense.

>This is Elric.
>Say something nice to him.
You did good work with Blue Oyster Cult
youtu.be/GP42WYdykT8
youtu.be/jGKNaIXtBZQ

Hawkmoon is hella fun, the whole far future-fantasy became my favorite thing ever after reading those books (and Book of the New Sun).

That being said it shows that the books were written for quick cash. Not much polish, and a lot of otherwise interesting concepts get dropped quickly. Still the sheer fucking craziness and imagination on display makes them some of Moorcock's best work IMO.

Hawkmoon was pretty rad but the Von Bek family is my fave

>Not the live version of Veteran
One job nigga.
youtube.com/watch?v=7pFdkkjGiEs
Do you the Devil's work.

He is composed entirely of the sheer stuff of sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll. He is a memetic offshoot of pure mid-20th century psychedelia and I fucking love him for it.

Wait... I might've posted too hastily. Is Jerry Cornelius counts-as-Eternal Champion?

Yes.
The Final Programme is an alternate retelling of the cliff notes of the Elric Saga.

Huilliam D'Averc is my homeboy.

Although he was less of a character and more of a force, I always loved the Warrior in Jet and Gold when I was reading the books for the first time, must be at least a couple of decades ago now.

WHY WON'T ANYONE GIVE HIM A HUG?

Cause he was an asshole who killed everyone around him, including himself.

First fantasy book I ever read was Stormbringer, closely followed by the Knight of the Swords.

Bought both of them in paperback from a corner shop in Newmarket, England ~1978 (guessing. Long time ago).

Elric has always been the ultimate anti hero in my mind. If I had something to say to him, it would be it wasn't your fault.

Such a doomed soul.

Stirred up some memories there OP.

He didn't mean it though. ;__;
He just wanted to be a better person.

Long time ago indeed. Just know that Elric ain't forgotten.

>If I had something to say to him, it would be it wasn't your fault.
It's not your fault
>Yeah i know
No, it's not your fault
>I know
No you don't. It's not your fault
>Alright
>It's not your fault
It's not your fault
>Don't fuck with me
It's not your fault
>DON'T FUCK WITH ME. NOT YOU MOONGLUM
It's not your fault
>Starts sobbing uncontrollably, lets go of Stormbringer and collapses on the floor
...THEY'RE GONE. They're all gone. It's all gone. She's gone

>She's gone
Which one?

Take your pick. Elric just will not catch a break.

You are loved

Don't leave Tanelorn.

He left willingly. He was so brooding, even the city of eternal peace couldn't give this Champion rest

He wanted to fulfill his destiny, which was awful! The world was fucked anyways, and Chaos won in the end despite all his efforts. Should have just stayed in Tanelorn.

>and Chaos won in the end despite all his efforts.
Well that's a bit wrong ain't it?
Chaos as a force lost and Balance reigned supreme. Stormbringer is an entity of Chaos but it's opposed to even itself. It's also a manifestation of a Cosmic archetype so who knows.

>He wanted to fulfill his destiny, which was awful! The world was fucked anyways
Incorrect. The world was screwed but his destiny was to make sure all ended without everything going the way of Chaos or Law which was exactly what happened. But his sword is a cunt.

THE LORDS OF CHAOS PUT A PRICE ON YOUR HEAD

AND THE BLACK BLADE AT YOUR SIDE WON'T LET YOU REST
youtube.com/watch?v=mzs2XwkxPA4

The Cosmic Balance can suck a dick. Erekose did nothing wrong, you fucks! Let him go!

>Erekose did nothing wrong
He killed off all of humanity because of his elf waifu.

But you know who really did everything wrong?
Gaynor.

>The Cosmic Balance can suck a dick
Well, Erekose does break it in the end. Or maybe he doesn't. It's a symbol. A useful one but just a symbol.

Yes. Yes he did.

Why bully? ;_;

>The world was fucked anyways, and Chaos won in the end despite all his efforts.
Actually, Law won... sort of. A better, more lawful order was created, but Stormbringer brought chaos into it.

>. A better, more lawful order was created,
You're remembering it wrong. The Balance was summoned to set everything right. No Chaos or Law. Stormbringer is the last remaining deity left in that universe. And maybe not even then because of how the multiverse operates.

Love that art.

>Sheds a manly tear...

So true.

Well Gaynor was the damned after all.

Pretty much just fulfilling his role no?

This.

I thought this was the true genius of the ending. Moorcock just nailed it IMHO.

Imperious.

Thank you.

He is only a thousandth as evil as his own sword.

I miss all the Elricposting that was going on at the end of March. Moorcock comic user, if you're reading this, I needed all that shit. Thanks.