Well, I hope you fucks are happy. They gutted the tau codex. Markerlights are useless, special issue wargear (read...

Well, I hope you fucks are happy. They gutted the tau codex. Markerlights are useless, special issue wargear (read, everything interesting and fun in the codex) is gone, crisis suits are 40ppm before upgrades.
I understand trying to nerf the riptide spammers and shit like the wall of mirrors, but I spent days converting up a fusion blades commander because melee tau is the most fun way to play them. But now no more suicide commanders, no more crisis suit brawlers, pathfinders are so useless now they're down to boyz points. Why do we all have to suffer with the WAACfags?

I mean, woo drones are good now. I guess I'm going back to orks, they look decent this edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

sirlin.net/ptw/
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Markers are useless

YE-HE-HE-HESSSSSSSS THANK YOU GOD EMPEROR

I'll be happy when they remove the whole shit faction

>Markers are useless
No? They do more and aren't spent upon firing. If you fire 5 markerlights at a unit, any model firing at that unit gets all of the benefits (reroll 1 to hit, +1 to hit, ignore cover, advance and fire assault weapons with no penalty).

>special issue wargear
They are still around, see pic

>crisis suits are 40ppm before upgrades
They also got +1 wound, and can now fire all 3 weapons each turn, all at different targets.

The loss of fusion blades will be sad, but Farsight now hits on a 2+.

All the changes seem good to me. Riptide are insane now (T8 14 wounds 2+ save), but they are actually priced appropriately ~300ppm and the changes to drones are going to be amazing.

I love this image, it's hilarious.

>No auxiliary overhaul

COME ON GW FIX THIS SHIT

Man, the modern 40k art is dogshit

>I guess I'm going back to orks, they look decent this edition.
You sure you aren't a WAAC fag user?

> Something I don't like is suffering
Good

That's not special issue wargear, those are support systems. My Onager Gauntlet and Fusion Blades models are now useless. Riptides cost 100 points more and now get 1-2 hits with the ion accelerator instead of 8.
Markerlights still only last until end of phase, but now we need 5 to get to hit modifiers and 4 for ignores cover. Rerolling hits of 1 is next to useless with ballistics skill 4+/5+. And all of our shooting bonuses are now just rerolls, meaning if the "each die can only be rerolled once" rule is still here 90% of are rules are useless. Easily boosting BS with markerlights was what let tau be a shooty army at all, this is the new >I2

>ranged army
>BS 4+

Hammerheads can barely oneshot trukks, all template weapons (bar flamers) now get 1-2 hits on average, commanders have next to no customisation (especially the flying one), and even troop heavy strategies get fucked over by nerfs to pathfinders and darkstrider.

It's just a general nerf. If this doesn't make tau scary underpowered, the intended way of playing them must have become very different to anything we've seen before.

Am I the only Tau player who's happy with this shit? They look like they'll be tough to play now. They look like you'll have to think about tactics.
As someone who's played them since their initial release I enjoyed the exodus from them when their broadsides got nerfed & hated the influx after the realisation that shit like riptides were borked. Now I can only hope the fucking Weebs & power players will flee the faction again. I just want a weak faction whos only hope to survive in the grim reality is well thought out tactics and questionable ethics when it comes to auxiliaries.

MOST things don't get oneshot now, if you haven't noticed.

And God said, "Let there be salt"

Yes. Yes I am happy.

Welcome to being balanced fuckbeak

>I just want a weak faction
How about a faction that is competitive but not overpowered?

You do realize this is GW we're talking about, right?

>Tau aren't OP now
>wah wah they suck

Git gud

>Hammerheads can barely oneshot trukks
This pleases me immensely.

I've spent the last several years dying because my main army is orks. I once went a year gaming weekly and losing every game because I collected fun models instead of powerful ones. There was a brief period there with the tau where I could run the most stupid anime farsight enclaves army I wanted and still have a decent chance of winning, but if nothing else, have a fun game.
It's really not fun having to fight to win when you only get to play about once a week or less and the other player doesn't have to try half as hard and still win. This is why balanced games are fun. Old markerlights were an example of a mechanic that relied on tactics. Doctrina Imperatives and Canticles for AdMech are tactical mechanics. I agree that riptides should have been nerfed into oblivion, just to get the real faggots out of the army, but there really wasn't any need to remove the onager gauntlet. Were that many people losing games because a shas'ui donkeypunched their rhino?
If my dakkajets can't 9/11 imperial knights they've officially wasted the potential of 8ed. Guess we'll have to wait for the 40 euro codices and faction supplements to get fun stuff again.

>I guess I'm going back to orks, they look decent this edition.
Faction flake spotted.

That said, I'll happily loot your Tau army's vehicles. Da boyz could use some new rides!

RIP tau

what game do i play now?

i literally came while reading your complaint about derperlights. they really needed to be nerfed a bit. tau were the definition of an unfun army to play against in 6e and 7e. its about fucking time they require some thought to play properly.

I'm here with 20 years old metal models.
Mono pose, mono list for at least a decade and now with 8th they are more mono build with Celestine as an auto include to even function.

What I'm saying here, you are fine. It's not even worth getting upset. Everyone got some shit

>If my dakkajets can't 9/11 imperial knights
>9/11-ing things (and SURVIVING) is probably a tried and true combat tactic of the Fighta Bomma/Dakkajet Ork Air Corp

Please stop giving me such hilarious ideas user. My sides can only handle so much.

Removing riptide formation
removing everything good
points are shit

Why does GW want me to suck?

I like you, you've got your head on straight.

Eh I mostly play very narrative games when I do play any more. I came to the game young as a guard player & after years of playing guard realised I enjoyed underdog status more than powerhouse. Sure I can make a horrible horrible list with Guard but I prefer to make a fluffy list & then fight a loosing battle where I have to figure out what my own objectives should be. For me the new Tau details seem to give me that. Plus one can only hope it opens the door to more auxiliaries.

When did SoB win tourney?

It should be viable top tier at least. Tau should be competitive at any tournament. It's in the fluff and how could awesome mecha not rape shitty stuff. If Tau doesn't top 8 tournaments there is no reason to play them.

this is the voice of wisdom. its happened to everyone, even happening to marines right now with grav and numarines. don't worry, broadsides and riptides seem pretty tough and shooty.

Do you play tourney? If not user, you really shouldn't weight about how a faction should be.

thread should have added tourney players only to the OP. Too many kiddies commenting

Sweet jesus no. Tournies and competitive gaming are pure cancer. I played them when I was a lot younger & found I could either win & be a bastard or lose & be a nice guy. Having the pay for the privilege as well...

this level of salt
its glorious

balance doenst matter anywhere else

Ah so everyone upset about the changes are the tourny players. That makes sense. Ok guys sorry your tourny lists for borked I hope you sell your tau off on ebay for low low prices!

is the conversation supposed to shift over to tourney context now? OP posted about playing them in a fun way that is no longer possible.

are you literally retarded? balance always matters

I dont fucking care. Just tell me if broadsides with railguns are actually good enough now.

theoretically balance only matters in match/tournament play

Casual is arbitrary power level, aka you aren't expected to bring the best list possible. Meaning the rules are defined by social contract and not by the books.

when both players are bringing subpar on purpose lists there is no important balance

Yeah, and I hope they are just basecoated in either Russ grey or the Fang because tourneys dont need finished models.

hopefully eldar are next to get nerfed.

Looks like the tau pilot came all over his pj's from all this commotion.

>Tau dominance is over

Xenos master race coming through

the salt is strong in this one

why does casual matter? If I'm already expected to bring a weak list why does it matter what power level the general army is?

There is a difference between Standard MTG with a format, and say kitchen table MTG.

In casual formats there is an expectation of bringing an intentionally weak list. So it's arbitrary, balance doesn't matter. If my two riptide formation list isn't allowed why does it matter if it is possible?

You can make an army of shitty trashmans and an idiot someone in the world would find them fun.

If you don't play seriously you have no business declaring that a faction is better or worse.

>Well, I hope you fucks are happy. They gutted the tau codex.
Anything bad that happens to the Tau is good in my book.

> Playing toy soldiers seriously
Nice meme

>dose pulse rifle stats

Ouch
Basically marine-tier shooting and worse against T3 or lower thanks to S changes.

Tau aren't looking good.nice

Seems so shas'la
im ok with tau nerf
now i wont feel like a goddamn fucking retard when i lose all the time with them

sirlin's famous competitive book: Play to win
sirlin.net/ptw/

I recommend this part for casuals
sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub

Tau WAACfags on suicide watch, all this butthurt is absolutely delicious.

>Tau dominance meme
You fucking retard, go see which armies are top winners. Tau usually do well but top winners were Eldar and Chaos.

>tau forced to be less OP than before but still OP
>cries like a bitch

You are the waacfag. And you aren't going to play orks, because they are shit. You are gonna play your OP Tau that got a minor nerf at best.

>pulse weapons
literally same as before dipshit

Oh no.... that'd be such a shame! I'm so not going to watch ebay for the next few days for rage quits from the faction
Sorry user but Tau aren't for you any more. Run along to the ALL NEW PRIMARIS MUHRENES (tm)!!!!! I'm sure they'll be perfect for tournaments.

>I just waste lots of money and never gained anything with my money
I feel sorry for you.

They aren't even bad still. Tau players just fucking whining or someshit.

>Tau should be competitive at any tournament. It's in the fluff and how could awesome mecha not rape shitty stuff. If Tau doesn't top 8 tournaments there is no reason to play them.
>bitching about not being able to come out on top after years of doing so when some factions have almost NEVER been able to be competitive in tourney play
CRY MOAR YA BLUE-SKINNED, SLIT-FACED, PINT-SIZED, FLABBY-ARMED, CLOSE-COMBAT-FAILIN', VEGGIE-EATIN', KROOT-LOVIN', YELLOW-BELLIED, SNIVELING, WORM-EYED, HOTTEN-BLAUGH, VILE-STOOCHIE, CALLY-BREEK-TATTIE!

Stay mad fucking old fag shit.

>Primaris
From what I saw they don't really shine much. Need to wait and see what else they get.

>waacfag
>OP is salty because he loses 50 pt melee weapon that stops working in every 1/6 of assaults
>in tau
you have a strange definition of WAAC

My bet is that the tau players whining are the ones that only bought shitloads of riptides and couple crisis suits and now they have to buy actual troops(?!!)

>(base) STORMSURGES
>CHEAPER THAN (base) RIPTIDES
HOLEEEEEEEE SHIEEEEET

I concur, but I think we've avoided the Radar better.

What is it with weapons though

>necrons
>lose to SM
>lose to Tyranids
Kek.

hence "base"
but yeah with SS having like ten weapons it'll be more expensive

wait for tier 1 to be discovered
switch
harvest tears

It's not over.

Except BS 4+ unless 5 fucking marker lights.

4+ to hit, 3+ to wound (T3 & T4) & 0 AP (T-shirt saves making a comeback)
vs
3+ to hit, 3+/4+ to wound (T3/T4) &0 AP

Tau got screwed troops-wise.

tau troops were always worthless
at least alt force org charts will mean were not stuck with shit warriors and kroot

>mfw tau get nerfed and brought on the level of other factions
It is all for the Greater Good of the game.

Fucking tau fags on suicide watch, also dem trips

We still have to wait and see but it is look really bad for us. I'm hoping for the following 8th tier list

S Class
SoB
Eldar
Tau

A class
everything else

Dez dubz

Had to go back and look and wow... the assassin's mask :x

And that one screaming fire warrior lmao

math hammer wise,
is it better to have 3 burst cannons or 2 burst cannons and a multitracker? (reroll 1's)

because you do suck you waac cunt.

>this little tech adept doesn't know what an augur is

01001100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101000 01101001 01101101 00101100 00100000 01101100 01101111 01101111 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110101 01100111 01101000 00100001 00100001

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Tau players on suicide watch

people play to win in the overwhelming majority of games. The only time to intentionally play worse is with little kids. I think you just have some personal issues or are backing up horrible balance.

Playing to win is the most basic experience in a game.

If you want to play for fun create some shitty AI to co-op against. Don't stand across from me.

>Xenos master race
>Struggling to devour ONE empire of Angry Walking Space Mushrooms
>Said Angry Space Mushrooms killed Swarmlord (Jobber, thy name is Swarmlord) without direct involvement of a special character
Come back and try talking trash AFTER you manage to eat an Ork Empire bugs-for-brains.

>unable to differentiate between WIN AT ALL COSTS and PLAY TO WIN

>Don't stand across from me.

don't get me started on small details

The point is the point of wh40k is to build a list and win with it. That is the basis of the game. Casual play being considered default is because of poor balance and not a good thing. It arises because of the flaws in design and not because that is a good way to play games.

Every game has casual players. It's not unique to 40k that people play for fun. what is unique is the attitude and way people defend poor balance as not mattering. That attitude and perspective is because of the flaws in 40k and in the community.

This.

The point is, people should look up top 8 lists, pick one they like, and be able to build their army as a copy wtihout anyone seeing it as a problem.

MTG has already accepted good healthy competitive metagame. It's time 40k grew up and became a competitive based game. In the end, with good development, it will lead to a more exciting game.

get fucked you codex-hopping tourney faggot

The goal of any game is to win.

You just don't have to be bleeding edge to do it.
Take something just because it's cool. If you stomp, handicap yourself and try again.

A game's true purpose is to be an enjoyable experience for both people. If it's just frustrating for another person, you wont enjoy the game either (or if you still do you wont have many people to play with).

This is GW apologism. GW should balance it. If my army is OP they should address that. Instead of relying on me to balance it by not using good things.

Christ you're giving us Tau players a bad name. Yeah, most people want to win, but good players want a balanced game where either side has a ~50% chance of winning before the first dice is rolled.

Riptides needed to be nerfed. Like with Wraithknights, I have absolutely no idea why GW didn't pull the gun on them with the last codex.

As a Tau player since 4th, this seems like an nice set-up. Plasma is strange since it's weaker than the Imperial version's safety mode, when Tau had the first safe plasma, but at least it's well costed. I also don't like Pulse Carbines lacking photon grenade launchers when it's right there on the model. Both of these complaints are about dressing more than anything. Otherwise, I quite like this codex. It has some good ideas and looks well balanced. Time will tell if this is true.

Also this.

>what is unique is the attitude and way people defend poor balance as not mattering

Like when people have an overpowered army and complain when it doesn't preform as well, even before they see how the other factions work?

hmmm... makes you think.

Did you really think "Balance" means, whatever lets my faction remain on top?

Fuck Tau.

I hope they get beat so hard with the Nerf Bat that they get Squatted.

They are nothing but a blight on the game, the meta, and the fluff.

this is why tau player and sm player tears taste so amazing

>Riptides needed to be nerfed.
Except that Tau didn't rule as much as Eldar or Chaos.

Tau players should boycott 8th edition with me.