Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Fire and Blood Edition: Tell me about the times your character had come into a land not as adventurers, but as conquerors. Who ruled? Who bent the knee? Who swore fealty to whom?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/PeD1SMUZ

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljuj?A-Talk-About-Cooperation#discuss
docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here's a little bit about the organizations you can join in Starfinder will work. Doing stuff for them gets you some actual benefits.

paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5ljuj?A-Talk-About-Cooperation#discuss

Also, I hope you enjoyed the Pathfinder Society, because they are now IN THE FUTURE

Reminder that only Celeb apps will get into Ensoulment. Everyone else, prepare to be NPCs.

of course the pathfinder society was going to be in the future, why wouldn't it

You can't fail to get into games if you never apply

>Okay, I'm listening. Suggest ways he could change that would maintain his knightly persona while respecting a fuckin' soul-terrorist academy right in his lands. Even if he changed gods, no self-respecting Northerner would suffer Necromancy to not only live, but flourish in their lands. Again, you know what happened the LAST time people said Necromancy was "alright?" You got the Whispering Tyrant, why don't we ask Kyras (a worshiper of Iomedae) how that turned out.
>I hope either Andrik kills Antoinette or Antoinette kills Andrik, bending your character to literally violate their deepest beliefs in the name of "party cohesion" is hideous.

It does present quite the OOC quandary. I'd be curious to know what the DM's rationale was, or how they thought their way around this scenario in their head.

I'd be finer with being an NPC.

It's better than never getting any games at all.

Who are the most likely celeb apps to get in

I'd wash her face and do her make up.

Reminder people say that about every game and it's usually not true. I can't think of any /pfg/ game where ONLY celeb apps got in, but I guess it's possible one slipped past me.

Also, slipt, slipped, is there a difference in proper usage of them?

But if everyone is an NPC, they've got free reign to PM and be PMed!

I'm just teasing the guy from the other thread.

What kind of Android and Robot person are people thinking of playing as?

Slipt is archaic, slipped is the equivalent modern usage.

Have you ever played a Blinkling, /pfg/?

I think they're referring to PFS-style play, not the actual Pathfinder organization.

God knows people don't need to put up with those artifact-stealing psychopaths for however many millennia.

>I'd be curious to know what the DM's rationale was, or how they thought their way around this scenario in their head.

Shit, who knows? Sadly that bell can't be unrung, so they're either stuck with working out a sloppy jury-rigged excuse or watching a character die.

Here's my guess.
>Wow, that sure is a lot of text
>This guy must be an amazing writer
>You're okay, get in

Even if it meant getting your innards pulled out for divination?

The barbarian tribes follow the strong. Using old barbarian hoard rules you could amass a huge army for a short period of time if you were the mosty heavy built barbarian in the land. Its a long, long story, but it ended with conquering too much land and then this capital city in a glorious barbarian siege

>blaming Slow for chuuni necromancer fucks

That's not even close to fair.

I wasn't.
Antoinette's app was unconscionably long and mostly empty fluff.

A lot of /pfg/ apps are

editors would puke at the purple prose.

Who does actual good writing, though?

Don't say someone who gets talked about all the time--no Slow, no Disk, no Protagonist.

>That poster implying that any of our autism is high functioning.

Reposting for new thread

docs.google.com/document/d/1EgpSnNxiXt7Dn3GGy-b6CwCmxXosVH8dzWklpuhVviE/edit?usp=sharing

Chloromancer! A healslut crossed with battlefield controller. Has only seen the light of theorycrafting, not the harsh reality of playtesting, but that will change.

No one. We're all terrible.

Next question.

>killing useful servants
You can buy slaves to kill. If I had someone to clean me and make me look sexy, you bet I'd keep those innards where they belong.

Short, concise, punchy writing that gives you an idea of the character.

Slow actually fails in this regard occasionally

Isn't this based off an MMO or something?

Chloromancer from Rift was the inspiration, what of it?

You're making a lot of assumptions about your expertise as a servant in those fields, user. You may not measure up to existing assets, you know.

>mfw even if I'm not memeable in the slightest, I can at least be proud of how I've had writing be called out specifically because it was concise, but still managed to have detail while covering everything

now all I have to do is get better about personalities

I will never understand the appeal of Slow.

Game of thrones is a popular series.

I'm gonna meme you when I find you

daddy memes

>[7:59 PM] Luci: I don't have babies because I can't find anyone who interests me, it'll be hell on my body and also I have to deal with a screaming wreck for 16-18 years.
Does this mean Kino's author is a girl?

Slow prevents full attacks. The other penalties are minor, really.

inb4 thirst squad mobilizes

Literally who cares?

You want the honest truth?
youtube.com/watch?v=FrG4TEcSuRg

She sounds like a lovely person.

It's too late, you can't unring that bell.

>copying text from the discord
How much of a shithead are you, seriously?
Oh, and of course it's deleted when someone mentioned you posted it from the discord. How quaint and shitty of you.

He's a good guy, but then, most people around here actually are.

The only reason he has any amount of notoriety is because he's still coasting on Casimir's dad memes. His writing isn't all that stellar, his characters aren't anything unique.

He's a celeb player who is famous for being a celeb player.

>check Golden Chalice
>literally four apps that don't fall under the race requirements, probably more

at least the new one isn't a roll20 rando

>He's a good guy, but then, most people around here actually are.

It's true, everyone I've actually spoken to is really nice with exactly one exception (you know who you are.) The difference between people and Anons is really striking, but I guess psychologists have studied that sort of thing a bunch for exactly that reason.

He had appeal before he started apping for /pfg/ games, /pfg/ liked him for telling off SKR on the messageboards back when SKR still worked for Paizo. He went by Mr. Bubbles, and eventually got his account banned over some nonsense. That happened way before /pfg/ started running games, and got him popularity points for being a martyr.

Man. I remember when we still had SKR around to bitch about. Wish I kept some of those screencaps.

How much does Slow self-shill, anyway? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does he try to "stay" a meme or is he just sorta doing his own thing?

Unironically Broodie, Ryoko's first person writing reads smooth as fuck.

Water balloons

literally wist

I don't think he tries to stay a meme

Wist too, yeah.

I don't know who I am user, are you talking about me?

DHB xDDD

It's impossible to say. I'm tempted to guess that he probably does his share of ironic shitposting.

No, DHB overwrites really bad

Seriously Jericho is a DISASTER

>All these filtered responses

>WATER BALLOONS

Sappy, Adam, and AnonMD are pretty good. Delta (back from RotJR) was also pretty good.

Can someone post the list of currently recruiting games?

Agreed, though user is highly inconsistent.

How many people around in /pfg/ now do you think were around back then?

That's the joke, notice the xDDD yeah
I think Cornelia is well written but fuck Kawase needs to CUT DOWN on the purple. In fact there's so much purple prose in his stuff that you can argue it's no longer purple. When EVERY line is flowery and ornate and as long as your average postgrad report sentence, none of them are really 'breaking the flow'.

Rory isn't the worst of us, he's just really forgettable

Here m8
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/75856/dimensional-ark-abyssia
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77814/ensoulment-of-the-flower-court
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77293/ironfang-invasion-adventure-path
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78224/chronicles-of-the-golden-chalice
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77201/essentia-forgotten-home
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/78606/hells-saboteurs
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/77329/something-wicked-comes-this-way

I know I was. I remember the wrist mice, even the playtest for PoW 1.

Kawase's shit is 100% purple prose, make it stop.

Yeah but like is it even purple prose anymore?
Can something count as being purple prose that "distracts" and "breaks the flow" when the entire flow is ultraviolet?

I probably am!

It just means I could remove all the extra junk and there'd still be nothing there

Are you the guy that was getting on 2hu for purple prose? I've literally only heard that specific witch-hunter, or reponses to that witch-hunter use the phrase 'purple prose'.

>How much does Slow self-shill, anyway?
Some here will say he is the only person in the thread talking about his characters, others will say he doesn't want any extra attention due to the anti-slow shitposts that will ensue. There's really no telling unless he comes out and admits to aggressively self-shilling like Rory did, that's the joy of the anonymous lifestyle.

Is it Rory?

No i've never even played with 2hu, let alone seen a 2hu app

Sorry, I just hate you all so much.

Pretty interesting so far, I like how control seems to be baked into the class and how mutations change it up a bit. Tho it being Wis is kinda weird.
While yes, nature is a big part of its theme, the way it gains it's power from the fluff makes it feel like it should be Cha based. If only because its origin sounds similar to that of a sorcerer or oracle.

pretty cool so far tho

>there'd still be nothing there
No, be fair now - most of his apps are actually good once you drill pass the floweriness of his writing.

>mfw user's name rose and fell without him ever caring

So! How was your weekend, /pfg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

Uh-huh. Sure.

He also misspelled the Princess' name in the salutation of CCC's letter. If Protag is serious about running these apps like the Princess is reading them, she should go into the reject pile just for that.

But the floweriness is just pointless shit, it doesn't help

Purple prose isn't just prose that breaks flow, its excessively flowery text that isn't USEFUL

My weekend was fucking terrible, as always.

Went for an all nighter to fix my wack sleep schedule and played a game with friends the following morning. Not bad.

How bout you Fenn?

I first lurked in late '08, though my regularity varied pretty wildly for seven years or so, Satan.

Well, i knew wasn't an Int class, so I had to decide between wisdom for the nature theme, or cha for the self-powered aspect. I ended up going with wis because I didn't want it to also be a party face, also I just did the Cha-Magus

Are you Vult. It's pretty obvious he's talking about Vult.

No, really, I think 2hu is an ok duder just he can't control his autism

My PCs are being cool to the NPCs and having some fun interactions with them! I'm wondering if some of them might even start living up to the campaign name soon ;)

It was okay, but it's getting worse and worse, I yearn for the simplicity of yesteryear but it will never come.

Yeah but removing all the extra junk leaves you with a nice app, not "nothing"
Kawase take not clean your shit up I want to see it happen but it's just too fucking big right now

I will attest that he's not the only one shilling for him because I shill for him all the time.

I do too, but some anons will never buy that people like you or me could possibly be anyone but Slow samefagging like a champ.

Do you shill for other people too? If not, why him and not others?

t. slow

Fucking Why?

Are there other magics that are unethical like Collectives?

People shill for most of the celeb players. I'm guessing most are people who have played with him in /pfg/ games who shill one another in a "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" capacity.