Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

New Bread before Bed edition
>Tell me your favorite unit and why comfy sub edition

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/27/warhammer-fest-live-blog/

>Your daily duncan
[YouTube] WHTV Tip of the Day - Transonic Blades. (embed)

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Prev. Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/X7xLA
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for pls leak ork stuff

Fucking kek at that OP image

nth for best subcommander

We'll have to see if the exterminator stays "twinlinked", because if it does its a guaranteed 8 S7 shots vs an average of 3.5 S8 shots with better rend.

Space marines leaks
>imgur.com/a/X7xLA

Chaos leaks
>bolterandchainsword.com/topic/333990-leaked-chaos-space-marine-rules/

nurgle player just laughs a lot like papa nurgle, also is fat. but maybe thats just me.

So, uh...

When is that official 40k app coming out? I need it to organize my armies. I actually think GW did a good job with 8th, its looking to be a beaut

I really hope everyone enjoys boring gunline tau, because interesting mobile tau became waaaaaaaay too expensive to be viable.

Do we know if the Tempestus Scions are still going to be in 8th or should I just use them as Vets?

Reposting for posterity

Am I the only one who will keep using Obliterators? They might fill a different role now, but they're not bad. Precision, at-will deepstrike means you can drop them exactly where you need them to be, and your opponent can't ignore them because the turn he does will be the turn you roll all 3s and cripple his Knight.

So, did SoBs get shoveled into Imperial Agents? I don't see them on any covers for the Imperium army books.

Getting ran around in circles getting shot to shit is interesting

yes

>he says, referencing points costs with no points of comparison in other armies because literally every point cost in the entire fucking game has changed, many of them drastically

>interesting mobile tau
>6 riptides jumping away from combat

You're right, it's a damn shame

Yes

>new favorite unit

Railsides. There is literally nothing bad about the model. Great pose, great size, great look, and now they pack quite the punch.

I know I said this last thread, but what makes me glad about the T'au nerfs is that I won't automatically be called a WAACfag for bringing up my boys in blue. Sadly I'll have to learn a new playstyle while still being garbage at listbuilding and the game in general. At least I'll be able to lose(with all 3, soon to be 4 armies) while looking good since I make up for being trash at the game by being one of the better painters in the group.

They're in the Imperial Agents book in 7th, obviously they're under IA in the Indexes

>forgot pic

I MEAN LOOK AT THAT THING.

>So, did SoBs get shoveled into Imperial Agents? I don't see them on any covers for the Imperium army books.
As far as I can tell, yeah.

Then again, so did Grey Knights and Daemonhunters/Witchhunters, so all three armies got "condensed" into one big blob.

>favorite unit
Ravenwing Black Knights. They have everything I want in an elite squad. They're mobile, they have great guns, they can mop up with melee after. There's also the thing about summoning scatter-free terminators anywhere. I'm not sure how that'll work out in 8th since scatter is gone. I'm also looking forward to the fact that overcharge is back and plasma doesn't always have to worry about gets hot.

Someone spoil Inquisition already REEEEEEEE

Did we got any new leaks after Tau?

I think one way to solve that is to increase points size. Less than 2000p will be tight-packed for everyone

Grey knights are In the marine index
Daemonhunters and witch hunters are inquisition and indeed got rolled into imperial agents

Fuck that shit.

People are still waiting on Tyranids, Orks, AdMech, and Necrons.

Yeah a whole article on PfP would have been sweet
Nah dude - the way i look at DE in 8th is that we are either going Wych spam or sticking with out basic MSU

I retooled my list for possible 8th, but now since i looks like we're all getting point drops i really want to stick a 10 man Mandrake squad in there too

We are going to be even more of a "All or Nothing" army

if it weren't for the shoulder mounted water guns i would agree. as far as suits go at least i prefer the kroot's overall aesthetic more though

It's literally (assumably) two profiles REEEEEEEEE

They don't have to be the plasma guns, they can have the missiles up top, a single missile, or another techy-doohicky system.

>post yfw you realize that the Swarmlord was murderstomped into paste by to a bunch of Ork mooks on Octaria
GET REKT YA BUGEYED GITZ!

I hope people are happy to see lists full of troops and little else.

Doubling the costs of vehicles is fucking stupid. 72 point stock rhinos, 82 point stock razorbacks, and 151 point stock predators is bullshit.

Nope, only commies shared their stuff while capitalist factions greedily kept their for themselves.

>Favorite unit
Crusader squads. They can be used as anything from massive bolterfire blobs, to any sized assault squads to bootleg dev squads, i.e a 5 man squad with one grav cannon in a rhino.

Then you can fucking wait for the people with real armies to get their more important leaks, faggot

yup it is sweet, shame about the colour scheme

Fav unit?
Got to be the Russ.
When I saw it on the battlefield I was underwhelmed a bit until it started blowing holes in shit. Now I love the squat fucks.

Good, then maybe they can drop the horrid Swarmlord fluff and we can all forget that shit ever happened.

Everytime I think I'm out, they keep PULLING ME BACK IN!!

God damn it, why is 40k so lame and so cool at the same time? I'm an adult! I'm old enough to have children!

>newcrons
>tyranids
>real armies

Leak that Inquisition shit, disobeyment will be met with full imperial sanctions

>Favorite Unit

Magnus, both for being an awesome model and for doing literally nothing wrong.

favorite unit is definitely beep boops, the 50's robot look is too strong, and their rules arent bad either imo

Bullgryn, Cultists, Greyfax, Penitent Engine.

>and for doing literally nothing wrong.
user, I like Magnus, but let's not play pretend make-believe games here.

>favorite unit
I like the MANZ total lack of subtlety.

>Leak that Inquisition shit, disobeyment will be met with full imperial sanctions
OY BOYZ! LOOK AT DIS HUMIE, FINKIN' HE'S ALL BIG AN' SHIT!
YOU INQUISITION GITS IZ SMALL TIME!

>Fire Warriors with Carbines advancing forward while shooting
>Rerolling Advances with an Ethereal with them
>Markerlights to ignore BS penalties for shooting on the run

Doesn't seem so expensive to me

Ordo Malleus inquisitors in general with hector Rex at the top

For when you're the only human in the room and have to 1v1 a bloodthirster because everyone else is dead

At least models are moving.

>Inquisition
>small time

My faction was so big its been at least 2 codexes wide since the turn of the millennium.

>Punisher not kitted with triple HB + heavy stubber

Technically 30k but fuck it, I love this goddamn model and his rules.

>These Chapter’s still trace their genetic lineage back to the gene-seed of the First Founding, and scions of all nine loyalists Legions emerged from the vaults beneath the red planet. They benefit from three additional organs and larger size, but it still remains to be seen if Cawl was able to successfully stabilise any of the known genetic deviations or impart any additional resistance to the effects of Chaos.

What does this mean?

Yeah. I did my Tau up in Tron colors. Pic related is my 1 Broadside, it was one of my first painted Tau units, but I really want another 1 or 2 because they're so cool. Sometimes I regret it a bit because I saw this one teal colored scheme and fell in love with it, not to mention all the creative freedom you get with Tau painting schemes(Irony, huh?).

But my scheme is:
>HQ
White tron-lines
>Fast Attack and Elite
Blue tron-lines
>Troop and Superheavy
Orange tron-lines
>Heavy Support
Yellow tron-lines

Would you play?

>Good, then maybe they can drop the horrid Swarmlord fluff and we can all forget that shit ever happened
>implying the Hive Mind hasn't already ordered ANOTHER Swarmlord for Leviathan's tendrils to throw at Octaria
>It proceeds to die to Orks on the planet long after Thraka's left the system
I mean, at least this time Ghazzy was on the same planet as the Swarmlord when it died, but dying off-screen to random Orks just SAD.

It's cute that you think static gunline Tau will be viable when half my army will be charging you on turn 1.

You better be able to bail the fuck out fast and have room to maneuver after that, and have Fly to put obstacles between us and still be able to shoot after falling back, or it's fucking game over and I'll consolidate right though your whole shit.

>Technically 30k
Only until Fires of Cyraxus comes out.

>a black helmet for POL

Not sure if meant to be irony ...

I hope Crisis suits can still be ghetto assault marines. Melee tau always seemed like it'd be funny.

The Emperor (and Horus to an extent) are responsible for the entirety of what happened to Magnus. If he had been listened to the galaxy would have been saved, instead his loyalty was rewarded with the massacre of his people.

That's not my Punisher. I just pulled a stock photo.

I ran Lascanon and HBolters with Pask.

Soon I hope. I look forward to hoards of vanguards supported by Krios' and Thanatars with splashes of Onagers and Dragoons for good measure.

Too bad they'll probably all be so many points the army will have like 5 units in it.

>tau are no longer viable period
There you go everyone, gw removed a faction just for you.

>Not sure if meant to be irony ...
Nazi stormtrooper-influence probably.

I just stuck a bit with enclaves schemes
Wanna try random colours but am worried they'd be hideous

will the punishers guns get any changes in 8e?
it isnt twin linked, so heavy 40 is out of the question, as cool as that would be

Well, no fusion blades right now, but Farsight seems alright.

All i need to know at this is time are:
>DE points
>Haywire and PfP
>Does wounds/damage bleed over in the squad? Can 3 D3 damage weps kill up to 9 models in a squad?

Crapton of transports. Incubi, wyches, and anything else jumping out at people as others dive by. The ability to deep strike transports in without the risk of scatter is going to be a big flanking move. If you position wrong a venom full of trueborn could blasterspam anything big you had waiting in a corner, then jump across the map. We've already seen 12" movement on a full-wound Hammerhead, I imagine dark eldar skimmers won't be any slower.

More reliable reinforcements also help. It looks like a huge part of strategy is hitting when and wear you want, exploiting every weakness to the fullest, and hoping it does enough damage for you to survive to the next turn. Which is good, it feels fluffy.

So with Kroot getting some buffs in the form of the Shaper as well as their different models being able to operate independently, what are people's thoughts on making an all-kroot army?

You'd still need a non-kroot HQ for detachment purposes, but an Ethereal would be easy to represent with a conversion, and their abilities can benefit the Kroot to a degree.

The main downsides I see is a lack of AP and heavy weapons. Only Krootox have much in the area of high strength and multi-damage, and even that's basically just an autocannon. Rerolling to hit from the ethereal and to wound from the shaper would help, but it isn't the most stable backline firepower.

What else could you throw in easily to mitigate their problems without straying too far from a full Kroot force?

D3 damage is to 1 model.

No, Tau is dead. Go buy primaris.

Not sure, still waiting for THE GODDAMN LEAKS. But I think Heavy 30 or auto rending would be pretty sick. Or even ap 3 or something.

anyone else annoyed by the large amount of D3 and D6 rolls in damage and amount of shots? it makes games have even larger amount of random chance, especially with damage D6 were 6 outright kills most characters while 1 only scratches them.

>I really hope everyone enjoys boring gunline tau

So literally nothing has changed?

>so heavy 40 is out of the question

if its d3 damage its to a single model if its d3 mortal wounds it can kill 3 models

The punisher is unlikely to have more than -1 rend desu, the whole point of the unit is BRRRRRRRTTTTTing out a shitload of fire to murder hoards, not killing armored targets.

it was very much intentional

first poster caught on quicker

Power from pain is now dependant on turn

turn 1: 6+ fnp
2: +1 to hit
3: reroll run and charge
4: ignore battleshock
5: -1 to enemy leadership.

>>Does wounds/damage bleed over in the squad?
No, first models make a save, if they fail you roll for damage, only that model takes that many wounds.

>bleed over.
no. except "mortal wounds," which is a new type of damage that specifically can spill over and does not allow saves.

But primaris are even worse than tau

top kek

Could someone tell me if this is true?

>ORKS
>Shokk attack gun is 60" S2d6 AP -5 d3 damage
>if you roll 11 or 12 for strenght you do 1d3 mortal wounds instead.

>Nobs
>S5 T4 W2 Sv 4+
>orks within 3" don't run away on a 6"

>They can have power knife (Im not kidding) at 3points for Ap-2

>Saw is Sx2 AP -4 2 damage
>Claw is Sx2 AP -3 d3 damage.

>Flash gits have 24" Heavy 3 S5 Ap -2

>After they shoot roll a dice, on a 6 they shoot again at the nearest enemy unit. Badrukk reroll 1 to hit. Every model can have an ammo runt for a single hit reroll in the shooting phase.

probably to represent whether you hit anything important or not
roll of 1 on a lascannon is the equivalent of a glancing hit, while a roll of 6 would be comparable to Explodes! but at least you get to keep half your vehicle instead of GGNORE

its not too bad, considering that its intended to replace ID

They confirmed that Hotshot Lasguns are still a thing in the Imperial Guard faction preview, and even if you can't take them as troops there are Force Org Charts that let you take 1 HQ and 3 Elites as your mandatory choices. So you should probably be able to play them in 8th

any Imperial Guard leaks?

>you probably still cant give a hotshot volley gun to veteran squad
i want my catachans to have a space M60 dammit

Having weapons either do a single wound or ALL OF THE WOUNDS was even more dumb though.

A lot of other random shit has been removed (no more chaos boon table for example) so I don't mind.

Lame, means i'm gonna have to swap out my Talos weps since i've now got a squad of DL Scourges

>Fine
>If ranged too then amazing
>meh unless wyches
>Great
>Great

I wonder if Combat drugs will be army wide...

annoyed ? yeah it's cost me many a game in aos
i prefer a flat out 3 damage to a d6 most of the time
guessing i'll get used to it now though

Sweet. I might break out the other Taurox I still have in box before I quit playing.

I haven't seen any of this except for the nobz thing about morale, which is true.

3 damage is comparable to a 2d6, though
giving up 0.5 average in favor of reliability

We aren't sure yet if those are real

Just buy them.

those were never photographically confirmed and italianfag who was posting leaks wasn't the one who posted them.

You got anything actual to show that's viable or even possible? As it seems everything is more expensive for everyone unless you just run basic dudes without upgrades and well... fire warriors are good as ever in that department, heck even 1ppm cheaper now.