Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1527: Wumbo Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4 (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53420415/#53420581
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do you power armor /jc/?

My power armor is actually just heavily enchanted clothes including autopilot clothes golem mode.

I don't even know if you can call what I use Power Armor. So... unsure.

Just going to drop this one more time to get some feedback.

Like this, but add some bulk and 10x the awesome.
Now I know it can seem impossible to increase its awesome factor, but that's what happens when you import it through Metroid, Earth's Mightiest Heroes Armor Section, and BOTH the Artifact and Armor Section of MCU Part 2.

This, only a bit sleeker and looking like it got fused with the Praetorian Armor. Guns on the back and hips like in Mass Effect and a sword sheathed just off center. Arm cannon that can materialize and dematerialize when needed. Thrusters like the Iron Man suit. Various other tech melded in as well.

In a deceptive fashion

Kind of like this except add access to Damn near every kamen rider transformation gimmick and Scaled down versions of damn near all the good stuff You can import onto a giant robot along with a kick ass sound system.

Like this, I am a sucker for Medieval looks.

>power armor
Do symbiotes count?

Essentially this

rocket kneeees

Mecha Musume.

>How do you power armor /jc/?

big and meaty

While we're on the subject of armor, what series has the best personal shielding? I don't know many outside of Halo.

Hedron shields from heroic age are pretty good.

>Suddenly have thoughts about being a Symbiote Suit/Power Armor for Waifu.

Welp, I just acquired a new fetish.

Borderlands has the most versatile and utilitarian shields doing things like adapting elemental resistances,absorbing ammo, boosting damage.

For damage output You can't beat Dune shields. which can explode with the force of a nuclear bomb when hit with lasers.

40 K has void shields which shunt attacks away into another dimension

But Eberron isn't out yet.

Bottom layer is a neural induction suit, skintight thing that reads the peripheral nervous system to coordinate the armor's movements with the wearer's. There's functionality for a more dedicated implanted neural link to improve responsiveness, but it's not necessary.

Next comes the "squish-suit", a layer of nanomachines that serve both as immune system against nanotech infections and to repair any internal damage. On top of that goes the layer of artificial fullerene muscle fibers that drive the suit's movements. They're also durable enough to serve as a spall liner and protection against penetrating weapons.

Then we get a layer of flexible armor scales, the first dedication protection. Corundum crystalline composite, durable and unlike diamondoid structures isn't vulnerable to burning at high temperatures. On top of that is another squish-suit for repairing the armor, then another layer of more substantial armor plates. The plates have an almost organic appearance due to the ridges built into it to maximize weapon deflection.

Finally there's an energy-deflecting layer. Smart matter systems based on Will McCarthy's "wellstone" idea modify their electrical and optical properties in real time to disperse as much energy as possible away. This also enables the armor to produce a camouflage effect. For extra defense, the outer squish-suit can generate a final layer of ablative gel material, though this disables the camouflage and is a temporary measure at best.

Legacy of the Aldenata has personal shields that can survive nuclear weapons. Of course, they're GalTech, so you need some way to defy the laws of thermodynamics to make them.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Kill la Kill are your friends.

Iji has pretty good personal shielding. Just taking the jump you get a nanofield, which straight up negates small arms fire, and basically anything that isn't either explosive, nanomachine based, or a laser. There is also a character in the game that had a shield implanted into her that was able to protect her from a planet destroying blast(the planet did not survive), and that makes her almost invincible, no damage can get through but she could be stunned and you had to hack her cybernetics to win. That shield as I recall was actually a miniaturized planet protecting shield that had all the power of the full scale but for personal protection, downside being that it is implied to have made her go insane. Upside being that those aliens don't actually understand that tech, but humans do, so the insanity problem should be solvable.

I don't.

While not featured much, the Cape World like Marvel or DC can make some of the toughest shields. The helmet-less power armor Lex Luther built to fight Superman relied on shielding, not its armor.

Lantern Rings are probably the best.

The latest version changed what Iosa's shield is. Her shields are no longer unique because everyone else implanted with one died or went insane (and then died). Now they're your standard super prototype technology that no one's been able to replicate after its creators were killed by the Alpha Strike that made Iosa famous. Though it does at least justify it as Iosa not letting anyone study it to reverse-engineer instead of working from the recovered notes, because she likes being Iosa the Invincible and doesn't want to lose her unique status. Anyway, my point is that you can totally get Iosa's shield tech no problems if you can capture her, now.

I saw somebody ask for the altchain builder last thread, so have an update.

Ultimate spider man can do it all for you user

what if you make a waifu symbiote

But can you BE a symbiote in those jumps?
Also, where else to acquire living armor alt-forms?

I like mine Techno-Organic.

whatever happened to the user that was working on this diesel punk jump?

That's just called a symbiote, user.

It looks like an evangelion.

Already been there done that user, one post above you

So when is Supergirl going to be on Netflix?

Looks more like a Guyver to me. A bit more streamlined, but it's got the curved head crest and the control medals.

Its a Guyver.

I don't know.

Could you group each of the various discounts together by origin instead of the way you've got it... oh wait you're not the dude working on it. Damn.

It's pretty much the same as cuddling, except better in every way.

Kill La Kill has a Kamui origin, yes.

Gotta dash fast

I combined my Kamui, zero/pulgsuit, symbiote into an under armor, and have a few floating pieces of actual armor that asimble/grow to full size when needed for bulky plate/ that's based on enchanted armor from starship troopers.

So what exactly does Unreliable Canon and Stations of Canon Set in Stone do when taken together?

The best way.

Obviously, it makes an entirely different cannon immutableand the work itself was told by an unreliable narrator who didn't really give you the truth of what happened

I would guess it means that there are fixed events you can't change, but they're not the same events that showed up in canon/

I know I don't normally ask for thread input, but this is for writing and I'm surprisingly stumped. Decade's next stop is Avatar: Legend of Korra. For those who have been following this chain and my rather chuuni attempt at fourth wall fuckery, the reward of Special Human in The God of High School got warped from 'seen as special, unique and indomitable' to 'seen as an apocalyptic force of destruction'. In short, people take his 'Destroyer of Worlds' title completely seriously...which isn't farfetched, since as of that jump, he has in fact destroyed an entire fucking world.

Now, that plus Reputation Gone Wild, Sage of the Forest, and Making of Myth...along with the fact Decade spent most of the previous Avatar jump fleeing from the Fire Nation at the time, yet never being caught...I feel as if Decade's presence might compromise or indirectly shape a few things. Especially since he plans to actively intervene in Korra's nonsense.

Help me envision the sort of reaction to his existence would get in this world.

Here's some examples from Harry Potter, because I've had that on my brain recently.
Let's say Quirrel is absent first year, in Albania getting possessed. Despite his absence, even if it doesn't make sense, Hermione still gets attacked by a troll that year.
Or Tom Riddle's Diary is a horcrux and does possess Ginny, but Slytherin's monster ISN'T a basilisk, nor is it's entrance in the girl's loo.
Even if Dobby isn't responsible, Harry and Ron still miss the Hogwarts Express that year.
Harry still catches the Remberall first year, but gets detention instead of a place on the Quidditch team.
Harry still gets drafted into the Triwizard Tourney no matter what, but all the events are different, and Voldemort isn't behind it.
Snape kills Dumbledore on the Astronomy tower, but it's with a knife or something, and for some reason the Eldar wand doesn't recognize it as beating him.
Dementors attack the Quidditch match in third year (even though you cleared Sirius' name five minutes after arriving in-jump with bullshit bureaucracy perks), but this time around a half dozen students die because Dumbledore was at the Ministry.

Well, I'm pretty sure the spirits wouldn't react kindly to your presence at this point. That might affect how both Korra and the White Lotus, along with any other spiritually aware person, would interact with you - i.e. they might try to attack you on sight.

They see you as a monster that could never be caught, but Korra is going to try and do something stupid anyway

Well, Unalaq is going to see you as a rival, he and ...fuck, I can't remember the name and don't care to look it up, Evil Avatar Spirit Guy, are the only ones that get to be the destroyer of worlds. Amon might see you as a possible thing to manipulate, the chaos you could cause would be good for his goal of tearing down the old world. Same with the Red Lotus. Kuvira would want to kill you as soon as possible, Earth Stalin can't tolerate such a threat to her kingdom.

As for the heroes, I can actually see them giving you a fair shake. Mostly because Korra is terrible at risk assessment, which will actually turn out well for you. Tenzin's going to have trouble reconciling any stories his dad might have told him about you with your status as the destroyer of worlds. And the spirits are a bunch of apathetic dicks, so they might not even care. "Oh, it's the Destroyer. So what? Do you expect us to care about what happens to your reality?" God, I hate the spirits in Legend of Korra. Everything about them was stupid.

Could you link to your Avatar TLA build pls?

also
Korra will probably try punching you a bunch because she's dumb like that. The Red Lotus will probably be positively inclined towards you and see you as an instrument of anarchy/chaos.

What did you add to your Xianxia Elixir?

The limit breaking elixir from the same jump, and obviously Felix Felecis from Harry Potter. Other than that, no clue. Probably stuff like a self-made potion that makes you invulnerable for 1s and immunities for various elements. Although by the time I jump generix Xianxia most of that would already be redundant.

Ah, right, I forgot. Spirits are jerks in this part of canon, aren't they? That'll be fun to work with. By which I mean blaaaaargh. Yeah that will probably set off alarm bells to a lot of people.
Hmmm. In that case, Tenzin and Korra's terrible judgement might be my best in? The few times I crossed paths with Aang, I went out of my way to help him before disappearing again, and I did my best to hide my outside context powers during that time. That said, I feel like he might be alarmed by the fact I apparently have aged since then...

Also to reiterate: Wow, spirits are dicks here. Even if I didn't have a reputation malice, wearing my Sorcerer Supreme title would probably just get apathy from them. Jerks.
archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53420415/#53420581

Here you go.

So it looks like the consensus is that if Decade ever openly revealed his identity, the societal impact and sudden amount of global attention would probably be catastrophic, and Korra will attempt to punch him?

Fat lot of good that'll do her. You're the literal Destroyer of Worlds! I doubt a mere human could do much damage to you, even if she is the fucking avatar.

I duplicated the Elixir and added the Elixir into the Elixir.

Oh no, Korra's overestimated her capabilities and gotten in way over her head. This is such an uncharacteristic thing for her to do, how could anyone have seen it coming?

>Korra will attempt to punch him?

Yes, she will and then when it doesn't work out she'll cry and blame someone else, pretend to learn her lesson and do it all over again. Because that's how korra is bro

Legend of Korra is a dumb world full of dumb people. You'd be doing the Omniverse a service if you destroyed it. Or at least remolded it.

By the time the jump begins Avatar Aang is dead due to his lifeforce running out, isn't he?

Honestly people would have been better off if the Red Lotus had won.

>By the time the jump begins Avatar Aang is dead due to his lifeforce running out, isn't he?

Yes, In order for a new avatar to come the old one must die

I'm pretty sure nothing in Avatar really stands a chance in terms of a physical confrontation. I mean, after the last few jumps, it'd be small potatoes at this point.

The vegetable, not the terrible idea. Trouble is, Decade is actively trying NOT to destroy anymore worlds and wants to give this one a good ONORE without just tossing the planet into the sun.
Tempting, but I'd rather give it something to remember. Maybe try and have Korra as a temporary student. Or just embrace the reputation and go full cartoon villainy. I'm not sure yet.

I'm VERY tempted to give Korra the Dr. Stephen Strange experience of the multiverse like in the movie. I dunno if it'd actually do any good but I would find it funny.
Yeah, Aang is dead as a doornail and has been for years. Legend of Korra's main story happens a year from the jump start. So the only real links left to Aang are the still-living members of Team Avatar, Tenzin, and his immediate kin.

Aside from Gunnerkrigg, whats the best shapeshiffting perk?

>the still-living members of Team Avatar, Tenzin, and his immediate kin
Would any one these people remember you? Old Toph would probably recognise you if you crossed paths I think.

There's a magic cauldron in Journey to the West that distills things to their base elements.

And another in Exalted (though not CP-backed) which condenses magic into potions.

So, it's an ongoing project of building up stock. Will probably finish it with a dose of non-CP based Hourai Elixir.

>Tempting, but I'd rather give it something to remember. Maybe try and have Korra as a temporary student. Or just embrace the reputation and go full cartoon villainy. I'm not sure yet.

If you do anything bro make sure to help Mako out, He was named after the voice actor that died and all they did give him more hell than he deservred, Also make sure to help Bolin stay with best girl Eska. ALSO REMEMBER BRO, LONG HAIR KORRA WITH HER HAIR LET DOWN IS CONTENDER FOR BEST GIRL AND SHORT HAIR KORRA MEANS EVERYTHING IS TOO LATE AND SHE IS PERMANENT WORST GIRL

>Would any one these people remember you? Old Toph would probably recognise you if you crossed paths I think.

Oh user you had to remind me of what they did to toph

Vanished forever into the either. That was at least two years ago.

The jump looks complete at first glance, but there are no drawbacks despite an option costing 1500CP, and it's possible through the Criminal background to have a hanging 50CP you can't spend on anything. The jump itself was never posted as anything but a WIP. Shame, really.

What could have been.

>Old Toph would probably recognise you
Because of her heightened senses and stuff.

You know what gets me? In the first episode Katara says that all her friends from back in the old days are dead. We later learn that Zuko and Toph are in fact alive. Now, Katara doesn't know Toph is alive, but Zuko is still in the public eye. I wouldn't expect the waterbender to be the one delivering those burns. I mean, yeah, they fought some, but by the end of the series they were on good terms and seemed to be friends. I guess they had a falling out at some point.

What's the best pantheon to be part of in Marvel Magic if you choose to be a god?

>Gunnerkrigg shapeshifting perk
"You will however have
an obvious marker that designates that it is you, whether it is a color scheme or a
notable symbol or any similar setup, it is obvious when it is you."
that part is a bummer yo

>You know what gets me? In the first episode Katara says that all her friends from back in the old days are dead. We later learn that Zuko and Toph are in fact alive. Now, Katara doesn't know Toph is alive, but Zuko is still in the public eye. I wouldn't expect the waterbender to be the one delivering those burns. I mean, yeah, they fought some, but by the end of the series they were on good terms and seemed to be friends. I guess they had a falling out at some point.

You want to know what else bothered me user?, Sokka never had a child

That we know of

Your own. Go Skyfather.

Senility happens man.

Moons take time to gestate new moons, bodaciousanon. Plus Sokka was the only one who could plan for potential moon hating space farers. Preventative measures.

Quite. Would you happen to know more perks?

Yeah, of course I'm gonna take that option, but I've got to have some sort of origin. Or do gods just sort of pop into existence?

Big and powerful enough to take on anything I can't normally fight.

Aura from RWBY is actually fairly strong whenever it's not being hampered by the plot. It also has the benefit of being powered by the users soul.

>X-Men (Movies) [Self-Molecular Manipulation]
>Inyuyasha [Shapeshifting]
>Young Justice [Martian, Animal Transformation, Shape-Shifting]
>Marvel [Shapeshifting, Energy+Shapeshifting, Kinesis (Self)+Shapeshifting]

How would you copy, and improve on, this man's physiology?

One that hasn't really appeared much, so that you don't get pulled down by their canon plot stupidity.

I get my shapeshifting from being a DC Martian, from the DC or the Young Justice jump IIRC.

Make your armour extra meaty

With one of the many perks that allow you to copy biological forms or abilities and a perk that allows you to surpass your limits through training. Or just improve it through biomancy if you're a scrub.

Young Justice - Kryptonian Hybrid as a base.
Resident Evil - Hypnos Gene to slowly grow stronger.

Bonus -- Any of the "Peak for your species" perks across any number of Jumps. EVO is good for that.

>That we know of

With how bad Korra got I'm gonna assume that even if he got a child he's gonna be super gay or something

>Moons take time to gestate new moons, bodaciousanon. Plus Sokka was the only one who could plan for potential moon hating space farers. Preventative measures.

And then then korra is going to use earth bending on the moon because it looked at her funny or something and everyone is going to agree that she is completely in the right

Also don't forget Aang and all of the other Avatars are gone forever and now korra is now the new first Avatar

>Aang and all of the other Avatars are gone and Korra is the new first Avatar.
Well, that world's fucked, isn't it?

Oooh, I like this one. I've been planning to go to Resident Evil for a while.

Kyptonian+Saiyan DNA, then as others have said, use peak race perks.

Jumper can prevent that from happening though.

>What's the best pantheon
Norse. Whenever its an option its the correct answer to that question.

Glad to help. Jump onwards, user.

I wouldn't, because that's boring. I'd rather build my own superhumans from the ground up, much more interesting.

>And another in Exalted (though not CP-backed) which condenses magic into potions.
What's it called?

Are there any jumps that give an animation studio or similar video creation studio as a warehouse attachment?

It already is. I've been watching it. First two seasons are up.

>Well, that world's fucked, isn't it?

Yes it is, And Avatar Juan was awful just like her

>Jumper can prevent that from happening though.

I can and did, but that won't stop me from talking about how awful Korra was

Another thing to Remember that Waterbenders come in 2 types, the super serious ones who take pride and master their powers and know their responsibilities and the lazy prideful slackers who don't do anything but cause trouble for everyone else. There has never been a waterbending Avatar from the first group and all of their Avatars come from the second