Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1531: Oingo Boingo Brothers Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vh_ZK_Rb25s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The loan isn't repaid with their money. It's repaid with futures. As in, the life you lead (in part) because of their money acts as collateral for the loan.

youtube.com/watch?v=vh_ZK_Rb25s

Jumpers!

Do you shoot first?

yes,of course I do. you know what happens when you don't right?

Well yeah. I'm not going to wait around for them to wake up, realize I'm there, get a gun, aim, and fire before shooting them. I have other people to kill.

Depends on what they did.

To you? You're litterally, in your chain by your logic, bulletproof.

Isn't it just a waste of time then?

It is a waste of time. It's a horribly destructive one that has resulted in people being erased from history, countries disappearing, and eventually - from what the ending hints at - the entire world going up in money-colored flames.

No, I've got no need to. I always fight honorably.

I make it a policy not to. I had to do so earlier in my Chain, but the further in a got, the less often I had to do so. I'm at the point where I NEVER attack first, but I'm quick and skilled enough that if they attack first, I can retaliate before their attack gets through.

If they're an actual threat. If they're not, then I like to let them injure me before revealing it did nothing. Inducing fear is fun.

Depends on if I know I can survive their attack. If I can, I'll let them get off the first shot to make it look better when I shoot back. PR, you know, people tend to empathize more with the defender in most situations.

Sort of stuck on what school of thought to go with in Kenichi. On one hand my jumper is not above killing and has racked up a few kills on the other the guys who do the killing seem like assholes. what do?

No, because they don't need the money they're loaning out.
And they're getting Futures in return for the money they don't need.

Jessica Cruz is a woman that accidentky stumbled across a mob hit. Her BFF was killed. She spent years afraid of her own shadow. When Earth-3 (Villain Universe) invaded, Power Ring was killed by Sinestro-Parallax. The ring was a parasitic ring that was empowered by the person's fear. Hal Jordan basically took her under his wing. Eventually she was accepted into the GLC after overcoming her fears.

Simon Baz is a Muslim dude that was chosen by the Sinestro-Hal ring when they were trapped by Black Hand in the Book of Black. Their rings fused & chose Simon Baz. However the ring is kinda faulty so he uses a gun.

When the GLC came back after being lost in a dying universe, Hal took on the mantle of Leader of the GLC again. So he gave the job of protecting Earth to the two newbies.

They're really-really wet behind the ears. Most their comics is them fucking up and bickering until they pull a win out their ass.

They're pretty good as characters. Way better than Marvel's crap.

For the individual taking the loan, user.

Well here's the thing I'm not everything proof and The word bullet is very narrow,And shooting I'm not omega beams proof, I'm not gravity emitter beam proof. so yes, bad things can happen when I get Shot at.

>Simon Baz is a Muslim dude
So it is pandering.

Only if i know they'll attack and i can't take it. Otherwise i prefer to try diplomacy first.
That obviously doesn't apply to demons, the undead or similar beings though, those are destroyed swiftly and without mercy.

The attack misses because i'm just that lucky? Or because of dodge perks?
Or maybe it just bounces off, making you look like a badass and showing your enemies how severely outclassed they are?

Oh, then yes. Yes, it's worse than a waste of time, it's literally signing your future away, the future of everyone who uses the money, and the future of your entire world, eventually.

I always shoot last.
It's not my fault if I'm not where they shot at anymore.
Nor that my shot pierces through theirs and still hits them.

No. If I'm going to end someone, I want to be sure they deserve worse than anything I can do to them before I do it.

It's the only way I can forgive myself.

And Jessica is a Hispanic woman. Yes, they're going for the multiculturalism points. And they're handling it better than Marvel, which I know is damning with faint praise, but Jessica and Simon are at least somewhat likable.

Yes. Nowhere near as bad as Marvel though.
Given how bad they've gotten, it's good to keep that in mind and bears repeating.

Get one of the Befriending perks and you don't need to kill anyone.

The no-kill factions bonus is a lot more useful to you.
The kill faction boost just makes you not care about killing people, which you presumably already don't do if you're choosing it.

Nobody that hates bacon is likeable.

yeah but that's not Necessarily a risk. I want to take.

What is he trying to compensate for, /jc/?

Reposting my question from the last thread:
Fate question- I read that by the time of Extra, the Third True Magic has been replicated by science and is now the third Principal Magecraft. What are the implications of this? Is being a normal spiritron hacker in the Extraverse sufficient to make your soul into a perpetual-motion-machine/higher planar being? With enough intelligence could an average person contact the Throne of Heroes in various worlds and do summonings with enough mana?

How does winning the Moon Cell HGW become easier, if at all, for being a human who still had magic circuits in that era?

So if someone makes an actual C jump, how will they make it not be a complete trap?

What are you trying to shitpost for?

There are some guys on the killing path side who are in fact not assholes (usually the ones who still have a measure of honor like pic related), so if you want to continue walking the path of killing, you aren't stuck with a bunch of assholes by default.

What are you compensating for, constantly bringing this up?

I'm more interested in what you're compensating for.

being muslim or jewish doesn't make you hate bacon, it just makes it where you aren't aloud to have it. A friend of mine loves the taste and smell of bacon, but has a mild pork allergy. She likes bacon, bacon does not like her. Still, hating bacon shows bad taste. Following rules in spite of the wonders of bacon shows a lawful alignment. Hating bacon and deciding that anyone who eats it deserves to be exploded makes you a major asshole(among other things).

It's not much of a risk unless you're early in the chain.
There's several "take at least one hit and survive" and extra life perks available, not to mention all the general toughness, dodging and regeneration boosters.

You'll also generally have at least a rough idea what level of force you're up against, so there's really no need to start fights preemptively.

Extraverse isn't my forte, but I believe that the Throne of Heroes doesn't exist in the Extraverse, but the Moon Cell itself acts in it's place.

But take this with a grain of salt because I have no idea if that's really right or not, it's just something I picked up.

The same thing every jumper is trying to compensate for, their social life.

So he's lawful evil then. Still evil, though.

They are. However they are well rounded characters that aren't defined by their pandering. Simon Baz was actually into street racing, but he got fired, so he steals a car & he finds a bomb.

He drives it to his old workplace because he knew no one was gonna be there. It explodes, he's arrested for terrorism. That's when Hal & Sinestro's fusion ring found him.

Eventually he even faces off against Batman by accident when Bats tried to remove the ring. All because JL were under impression Baz kidnapped Hal.

Gee, maybe immunities from EULA automatic agreement bullshit as a perk? Or perks that preserve your timeline? Or explicitly stating that when the country you're in falls, you go to a different country? Or maybe you could stop calling any jump that doesn't have an easy win condition a trap?

Wait a tick. If he's muslim, why does he wear a luchadore mask?

>when all your friends live far away and you idolize having a Pokemon team because they're friends you always have on your belt

Get out of my mind.

well yes I have those perks,the vast majority of the last two at least. But What you're forgetting is it's sloppy to simply Tank what you can dodge and simply Dodge opponents you can shoot first. Doing things that way will make you a worse fighter,being a bad fighter may eventually get you dead.
I highly recommend that last one.

Only if you get in my belly.

not knowing who you are talking about, I can't say where on the good evil scale they fall. The bacon morality scale only measure where they fall on the abstain from bacon due to rules or try to force abstaining from bacon on others. Militant vegans/vegetarians who try to force their non bacon/other meats onto others also register as evil on the bacon morality scale.

I don't know Extra (obviously) always thought that the Throne was part of Akasha. And the Root has to exist by necessity, so it ought to still be there. But that's really a secondary concern in all honesty. Just trying to grasp the implications of something I've seen *very* little discussion of. Trying to ger a feel for how the power works after its been realized by normal means.

Might have to wait for the anime adaptation, since people don't seem too keen on posting translations and I have no way of playing the game.

Perks that prevent you from being retgone'd. Also, not taking the god damn Bank and District with you from jump to jump allowing it to propagate across multiple universes and fucking up even more shit.

What, Muslims can't be into lucha libre? He needs a more concealing mask than the average Green Lantern because he's technically still a wanted man, and he likes the luchador look. Not everything has to be tied to someone's ethnic background.

Vegetarians are innately chaotic evil.

Has his partner accused him of cultural appropriation yet?

You have no room to comment on this, seeing as you're literally condemning multiple universes to death by economic parasite.

if they don't force their anti-bacon ways on others, they could be neutral.

So your saying he's ashamed of being Muslim and is pretending to be Hispanic?

Impossible. Vegetarians are aberrations in defiance of the natural order. Their very existence kills the universe slowly.

I dunno. Consistently flagellating yourself like that seems more like it'd be lawful.

Hey Alucard.

Well I did take the Hellsing jump early, and she IS my sire. So.

But nature is chaotic, user. So wouldn't they be more natural than raising animals to be butchered and shipped into little packages?

they leave more bacon available for me.

see, I actually have a plan to clean up economies of Midas Money after I'm done using as a weapon, with the Selling things instantly stuff from Saints row, Amazo backup data to discern it mechanically from the regular money and numerous other ways to instantly buy things you can just keep buying and selling enough to move enough cash around to filter it out then you Reinvest the Midas Money You found in your own nation's Future

What's chaotic evil about herbivores?

Isn't Red a vegetarian?

Always shooting first just gets you into fights you could have avoided and makes you unnecessary enemies.

If you're tough enough to not be threatened there's no need to go killing everyone who looks at you wrong.
Redemption is totally a thing even without the perks that guarantee your success. Do something nice and help them find a better path instead of just murdering someones friend/brother/son.

There are laws of nature for a reason, user.

And no, even ants farm other animals. It's natural.

Humans were not meant to be herbivores, user.

While it is fallacious to treat muslim as synonmous with the Middle East: That region in the DC universe is even more of a hellish place than RL, like Queen Bee's Country of mind-controlled drones. Plenty for a young man to want to distance himself from, especially is he's given a chance to reinvent himself, or create an heroic alter-ego.
Also luchadore are presented as heroic, larger-than-life figures that also happen to wear maks, someone who likes that style doesn't have something a Middle-Eastern or Muslim equivalent to draw from if they want to both suit their own style while also honoring their origins.

Of course someone who is legitimately hispanic has every right to be pissed at him stealing from their culture.

>Red is a demon
It checks out.

Human being's aren't herbivores.
Vegetarians are a perversion of the natural order.
This isn't just naturalistic fallacy, it's morally wrong when they force their views on other beings - the pets they keep, the children they raise.

I do not like them at all. My jumper will prevent them from getting those rings and find more suitable bearers.
Mwhahahaha

>There are laws of nature for a reason, user.
Which exist because humans are trying to impose order upon an inherently chaotic system. For science.

Using it as a weapon is no better than using bioweapons. It's far too indiscriminate to avoid harming innocents.
You may as well nuke the place and then claim it's totally okay because you have the tech to clean up the radiation.

>being's
Why did I put an apostrophe there?

Far worse than bioweapons, actually.

I can't tell if you're serious or not. If you are serious, know that being hostile to cultural exchange just creates more strife and divisions because you make it impossible for peoples and cultures to blend together and get along.

Human beings are limited omnivores.
Eating your veggies isn't against the natural order, user. Unless they're celery.
Fucking Celery!!!

Here's the thing you aren't getting, dumbass.

You aren't the only one approached by Masakaki. You are not going to be the only Entre, and you can't be there 24/7 to sit on the Financial District with a monopoly, which Masakaki won't support to begin with.

Everybody affected by Midas Money is affected when the debt is collected. You can't control that.

God damn it I messed up my affect / effect again.

I do believe that I mentioned the forcing of the anti-bacon ways upon others qualified as evil. If they only keep themselves anti-bacon while allowing others to eat bacon or not at their own discretion, then they have not truly crossed the line into bacon evil.

Hell, children have actually died from vegetarian diets.

Hey, celery is great. Goes great with any dip you can think of.

Can't dogs technically get by on vegan diets? They might not like them all that much, but can't they technically survive, at least?

Fuck you, celery is awesome and has all manner of health benefits.

>Redemption is totally a thing even without the perks that guarantee your success. Do something nice and help them find a better path instead of just murdering someones friend/brother/son.

I'm not good at that kind of thing,I suck at emotional stuff to the point where I can't even write decent emotional stuff.
>You aren't the only one approached by Masakaki. You are not going to be the only Entre, and you can't be there 24/7 to sit on the Financial District with a monopoly,

actually, I have three bodies so I can.

If you call that living. They rapidly lose weight and health and generally die.

>blend
That there is the problem. Why can't he be a proud muslim and draw from his own culture? Why take from another?
It's not just the mask, plenty of heroes have masks and he has good reason to wear one, it's the style. He's clearly taking from another culture, and that's what we call theft.

anything celery can do that isn't being an abomination, carrots can do better.

>vegetarian diets
Vegan diets you mean. You can get healthy fats and proteins in a vegetarian diet, it is sustainable. Vegan diets are the real fuckery.

Now if you meant infants, well that's a different story.

Ignoring what I'm saying to restate yourself. I'm voting for this to be a shitpost and not your serious opinion.

>Liking Celery
Dont tell me you also like skub plebs

>Can't dogs technically get by on vegan diets? They might not like them all that much, but can't they technically survive, at least?
FUCK. NO.

That is legit animal abuse as cats and dogs CANNOT subsist on fruits and veggies. Holy fuck, the number of retarded ass ideologically blind vegan taint-nuggets who've fucked up their pets with this nonsense is intolerable.

CATS AND DOGS CANNOT LIVE ON VEGAN DIETS

Of course, ignore the fact that the Bank will not support it and will work against you.

Have fun destroying more universes, you're worse than Decade by a large amount.

Vegetarian diets require such a careful balance of so many kinds of plants and dietary supplements to even approach healthiness that it's not unreasonable for some hipster to have fucked it up and starved her kid to death.

Well damn. Looks like I need to have a talk with an old friend from high school.

>I'm not good at that kind of thing,I suck at emotional stuff to the point where I can't even write decent emotional stuff.
Presumably you also aren't good at swordfighting, magic or a genius inventor.
Newsflash: There's perks for that.
Maybe pick up a few of those instead of another country-genocide power.

You've never heard of the phrase "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", have you?

To be a nerd for a second, it kills cats way quicker than it does dogs. Wolves naturally eat tubers and fruits when they get the chance, and have something like a 20-30% plant content in their diets. So they're better adapted to eating plants than felines, who naturally have something like a 90% meat based diet.

I totally agree. However, vegitarianism is sustainable for humans whereas veganism really isn't without all kinds of supplementation and specialization.

Well Jumpers, it looks like Strike-Chan posted an IQ test last thread, and the results are in. We're all morons.

Here are some of the choice REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE's
>What the fuck dude? you have to upgrade the Sister's Wargear with CP? Why? There's literaly not enough CP to get them even half-way decently upgraded.
>You're forcing people to get a mook squad instead of a well equiped elite force. Complete shit. 0/10
>Welp, there goes my item-heavy build.
>However I do think that keeping cp for items is a good move.
>Restrict wargear SoB have easy access to in favor of giving them access to blessings which they are less likely to have. Not a fan.
Which is silly because in the revision, the sisters still got their standard kit loadout free, but now got a CP stipend for upgrades. Thats right, YOU didn't have to spend RP on better items for them anymore, they got their own CP to do that. That actually frees your RP to spent on stuff like more sisters or vehicles.
And remember this is just the CP protected stuff. You could supply them with better items, and there is no rule against sharing weapons among the order, because that's dumb and removed long ago.

This is why we can't have nice things. Because REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cannot Read, apparently.

Celery is healthy. Celery has a great cruchy to it.
But it tastes like ass. Worse it can't even be safely combined with other things without inflicting it's taste onto those things.
Down with celery!

I'm not ignoring you. Can't you respond to what I'm saying. Is it that difficult for you?
Please, explain what your problem is and I'll see if I can explain myself better.

I have no particular opinion on skub. I've never even seen the stuff.

We had a dog that wandered onto our farm when I was a kid who adopted us, and used to eat watermelons and turtles.
Dogs are cool.