/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
Previous Thread: "We are no longer accepting janitor applications. Thanks to all those who applied!" edition

The first page doesn't mention mystery box but whatever

>God ponders what would happen to reality if he were to kill himself.
Is this cyoa the prequel to Universal War?

Immortality Affects Everyone is a trap option.
>Everyone's age is frozen as it is now.
So there'd be an endlessly growing mass of newborn infants, everywhere, forever. Jesus Christ.

I'll look into that "yanderes in a fantasy adventure" thing someone suggested.
Lord knows I crave writing yanderes

So far what I came up with is
>You are transported to [Low Fantasy world type A2, subsection A2>2B], but all hope is not lost! Because you get a friend/guardian/helper/eye in the sky that wants to keep you safe
>Operator-chan: Has an infinite number of M16 rounds, has binoculars, will "interrogate" you if she sees homewreckers talk to you
>Yandere Goddess (pretty sure there's a name for that): Watches over you, always. Always there. Gently changing causality to keep you safe. Don't worry about the trail of dead whores following you around surely it's unrelated
Then something about an adventurer buddy with some other yan traits.

It might just result in all women eventually being permanently pregnant at whatever point God decides that life begins.
Or yeah, eternally growing blob of infants that will reach the stars.

Would you be open to having the setting be a Low Fantasy/Urban Fantasy?

>Survivalist waifu: Has a nice cottage in the woods with a small shack that's been chained up and you're not allowed to look inside. She'll hunt and cook for you so you don't need to ever leave the cottage. You can stay forever there without anyone interrupting.

I would if you expanded on that thought.

Couldn't you just the mirror to achieve this result?

I personally like yanderes as long as there's no chance of them hurting me, just other people. Tomboyish yanderes are my jam.

That would fit the adventurer buddy who snuggles you at the campfire.
Who offers to keep first watch but just stares at you.
All night.
While you sleep.

Apparently people whined that because mirror didn't explicitly and automatically make it happen, it wasn't good enough.

I wrote way too many words criticizing this cyoa but really, it's pretty old and that kinda shows.

i like yandere to an extent but its ore from the perspective of wanting to help them since there is clearly something hurting

>Implying I'm not already fluffy
You underestimate the power of my neckbeard.

...I didn't think that far ahead.
Fantasy races, magic and supernatural phenomena are all fairly common (but weak), with technological and social advancement being modern. The reason for this could be the worlds magic is used by channeling and shaping ether from a parallel spiritual landscape where all the gods reside, however the 'closeness' of the ether dimension could be in constant flux either increasing or decreasing the magical phenomena of the world.
The worlds just out of a era of magical decline that was far longer than usual prompting the rapid advancement of industrial methods. Now the ethereal dimension is starting to reconnect enough for the gods to touch he worldly plane again (which they couldn't for a while), have discovered civilizations that are on the technological fast track and are trying to get the situation back under control.
All the gods have different plans to get followers back, your character was summoned by the Dark Goddess of Love to spread the joy of yandere in her name.
Maybe?

Here's some nifty ideas for yanderes.
>A bandit you landed on when you fell into the world that suffered brain damage that afflicted her with erotomania.
>An orphan you rescue from insert bad shit here that's grown far too emotionally dependent on you.
>A long dead hero of that world that was being resurrected by some necromancer with a fetish for historical heroes, only for you to accidentally stumble in, crash a chandelier on him, and accidentally complete the ritual. The hero, her mind twisted and bound to you by necromantic power, is possibly a bit too attached for a summon.
>Crazy scholar lady that glimpsed some eldritch truth that drove her mad. Her obsession with you is her only coping mechanism.
>Bodyguard golem/animated armor/homunculus that imprinted on you upon activation.
>Paladin that worships a made up God that they are convinced you are the avatar of.
>A formerly nice qt adventurer you teamed up with one time until you accidentally used a scroll of dominate person or some shit like that which you two had looted. Not wanting to wait and see what it did to her, you fuckin' bolted.
>An evil ghost that tried possessing you only to fall in love with how fucked up all your repressed neet feelings are. Cute hijacked body optional. The hijacked body being twisted into a separate evil yandere even more optional. Being rule 63 Terumi/Hazama is the most optional.
>Aspiring young hero who fell in love with you but ended up coming into possession of a ancient dark artifact/power. You, and her love for you, is the only thing she can remember/think clearly about.

Just a few ideas.

Im gonna dump some yandere-related cyoas since there's speak of yanderes now

I never read that. Not that I'd change anything because you talked shit about it but just saying. I made both cyoas in like, 3 hours or something with no planning, of course there would be loopholes.
Fluffy tail, no mystery box, ignoring the free waifu.

Man, I'd want to take Jesse if it weren't for the fact that she couldn't possibly fend the others off.

I want to add on to this so bad you don't even know. I want to add tiers to the yandere types and add more but I'm at a block with the rest of the cyoa.

Yandere related cuz mystery box

I'm not really into the "something awful happened that made her snap into being a yandere" thing, like your idea with the bandit and aspiring young hero.
That's basically mind controlling her into being like that. Given how many of the options are like that I think that's your kink.
Orphan is neat.
Paladin is amazing. Writing ideas down, I'll work on it tonight.

Alice tugs at my heartstrings - someone needs to be there for her, but the whole "daddy" things creeps me out

Messed Up Waifu CYOA:
Game Mode:
>Normal
Compensation:
>Beauty (-2)
>Adventure: Tier 2 (-4)
>Comfort (-2)
>Power: Tier 2 - Magic Aptitude (-7)
>Immortality (-5)
Appearance:
>Picky: Compatibility Mode/Troll (Same girl as in this picture )
Quirks:
>High Libido: Tier 2 (+2)
>Dirty Mouth (+1)
>Exhibitionist (+1)
>Clingy: Tier 2 (+2)
>Snug Fit (+1)
>Yandere: Tier 2 (+2)
>Always By Your Side (+2)
>Phone Sex (+1)
>Nightmares (+1)
>Serial Killer (+1)
>Delinquent (+1)
>Cum Addict (+1)
>Favorite Hole: Mouth (+1)
>Sensitive (+1)
>I Say Stop (+1)
>Fuck Me Please! (+1)

>cyoa
>other anons can choose the same adventure

Congratulations to whoever did this by not using yangires as yanderes like everyone does.

>yangires
???

Yangires do not turn crazy because of love and can kill you if necessary. A yandere will rather kill herself and everyone else than harm you.

Imagine a character who does whatever you want out of love for you. They don't have any murderous tendencies, no jealousies, no moodswings, etc. Yet if you'd tell them you'd like to eat a baby for dinner, they'd go kidnap one and prepare it like a piece of chicken. You'd have to specifically ask for that kind of stuff though. Otherwise they'd be a model citizen.

Is this a yandere?

>do not turn crazy because of love
Okay so they're the kind I don't like.

Like a Neutral Waifu version of a Stepford Wife.

>They don't have any murderous tendencies, no jealousies, no moodswings
Not all yanderes need to be violent. A stalker who takes pics of you and fills her room with them is a yandere too, but of a lesser degree. Although I'd say possessiveness and jealousy are a must, even if she doesn't show it.

>Is this a yandere?
Not sure. Do I look like an expert? If she's doing it because of you, probably.

I don't even know how I would label this.

Yandaifu?

>"this is OC"
>setting has been done before
>waifus are archetypical
>powers are predictable
>design is standard

That's not what original means, sweetie.

>A stalker who takes pics of you and fills her room with them
That's pretty hot.

Read Koharu no Hibi, it's about a stalker yandere.

That's a robot.

Thank you my brother.
>Chapter 24
Oh dang.

original
əˈrJdʒJn(ə)l,ɒˈrJdʒJn(ə)l/Submit
adjective
present or existing from the beginning; first or earliest.
"the original owner of the house"
synonyms: indigenous, native, aboriginal; More
created personally by a particular artist, writer, musician, etc.; not a copy.
"original Rembrandts"
synonyms: authentic, genuine, actual, real, true, pukka, bona fide, veritable, not copied, archetypal, prototypical, master; informalkosher
"original Rembrandts"

Nihil Sub Sōle Novum, user. You literally have to step back thousands of years to be anywhere near original. We live in the age of Some Assembly Required and Just Add Water. Everything we perceive and consume around us is the product of cycles of regurgitation. Nowadays, new ideas are bought up as soon as they appear, disappear, and then reappear 3-6 months later for a Low Low Price. You have to carve your own path in this age. Stride along the top of the waves, or get swept along by the undertow. Just remember to take a deep breath, no matter what. Let the stench of open air or the permanence of the water fill your lungs.

tl;dr make your own OC, fag

>Ugly-chan. Some ugly chick who is completely infatuated by you. She starts out hopeful and sane but will become increasingly insane if you somehow earn the attention of beautiful women.

If you can make this choice appealing, you'll earn my respect.

I'm sick and tired of cyoas offering 10/10 yandere goddesses who unconditionally love you but somehow this is a terrible curse.

>10/10 yandere goddesses who unconditionally love you but somehow this is a terrible curse.
A 10/10 serial killer is not a positive thing, no matter how much she loves me

>If you can make this choice appealing, you'll earn my respect.
.... why would I want that?

Haven't seen this one before!
>Symbiosis
>Flesh Sculptor
>Old Diary

I'll start off getting my tentacles and practicing flesh sculpting before trying to summon anything. I'll start small, with things that my tentacles could probably handle if it goes bad and see if I can work out the science behind commanding my summons.

Not taking the mystery box, I'm taking enough gambles already I think. Eldritch Guard Dog instead of Flesh Sculptor is an option for better protection during awry summonings, but I figure Flesh Sculptor is a decent defence in itself and gives me a non summoning thing to do.

True, but remember the standard stereotype of Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums in general, where any attractive female attention is good

Eh, I'm just tired of seeing it used as an excuse to give loser MCs a dream girl. I actually like Yanderes... don't get me wrong. Lots of interesting myths and legends feature yanderes but never as such outright loser wish fulfillment.

That sounded a whole lot meaner than I meant it to be.

>yanderes in myths

N-nani?

Okay good for you. Make a yandere CYOA that fits you standards

>Clanker
>Grimsby

We'll make a nice little wooden fort by the word and fish and trap for food.

>Darklord Dennis

man fuck dennis

I would have picked Rori but I had a bad break up with a girl just like that long ago. Memories.

>you're not allowed to talk about hypothetical cyoas or cyoa ideas
>either make it or shut up
>why aren't you in the cyoa mine yet?
>how DARE you talk about cyoas in cyoag?

Stop. This is the worst meme of all.

>Dream Girl
>Yandere
Well I guess as you said, you like yanderes, so that makes sense. It's a really polarizing thing, I don't think anyone would have a moderate opinion about having a yandere waifu. Though I'd imagine that if you made a yandere waifu who wasn't attractive enough, then for most yandere fans it would be completely undesirable.

Ishtar and Hera are pretty yandere.

>STOP FUCKING WRITING CYOA'S I DON'T LIKE FUCK MAKE WHAT I LIKE

Stop. This is the worst meme of all.

Medea is a pretty old yandere

Posting Picking-A-Goddess.

He wasn't saying.
Other people were giving ideas too, but it seems only when someone suggest something other than your generic perfect waifu you had an autism fit.

>the cyoa mine
Is this really what you think of authors?

It's how people see us, yes. Some are lucky and show tremendous aptitude for cyoa making so they're treated nicely but most of us just exist to generate a steady supply of OC.

Comfy Powers an user was requesting last thread.

>You are a no-name author in /cyoag/ enslaved to work in the CYOA mines until the time you die
>A popular author comes to visit
>Maybe if you get his atention you can get out of this hole
>A smug anime girl shits on your formating

Any cyoas where user is second-in-command?

Can't say I disagree, sadly. For some reason this place has grown sour lately.

>this is exactly what SDA told you to get you to give up your ass then he dissapeared

Too much OC in too little time. The market is saturated, so anons feel less inclined to care about specific works. As long as the steam of content flows user can be pickier. I think that's partially the reason why content has focused so much on specific genres. It's all about as much mass appeal as possible.

I want to tell you to ignore SDA and don't give up and do whatever the fuck you want but if i do it might look like that i just want you to make CYOAs

I don't think the namefagging helps, unless its to answer specific questions. Otherwise there is simply no need for it and it only leads to irrational hate and sycophancy in equal measure.

>Some people say that the place is going to shit because there is not enough OC or the authors leave
>Others say it is because there is too much OC and makes anons pickier
>Others say it is because namefags
>And others say it is because there is a cabal of specific shitposters with the only desire to ruin the threads

I hate to say it but I agree completely.

>White Pawn
What is life if not a series of tasks? Plenty of room for improvement here, doing lots of little things will give me the skills to do some great things down the line.

>Black Pawn
Increases my potential for improvement exponentially. Have one clone at home, one at a job, one self improving with study or gym, etc etc.

3 of the 4 examples are not mutually exclusive.

Well I don't think you can point to a single reason, there's likely several compounding factors. Though I think the ones complaining about not enough CYOA tend to be wrong, they could always do new builds in recent ones or bring back old forgotten ones.

High supply does allow people to be choosier though, both new content and old ones that get reposted. There was a time when any content was good because it was something new. Now we have new stuff so often people can easily ignore something that they dislike for sometimes ridiculous reasons. Even something as hated as Harem master got legitimately posted quite a bit.

I remember making some relatively shit CYOA that was both bad in design and content, and it got posted several times over 7 or so months. Now I can make something that is relatively good and well received and it will be forgotten in a month at best.

Not saying it's the only issue, but I think it has an effect.

How's this for a premise?

You were part of a battle royale to determine the fate of the world. You allied up with a girl and agreed that if one of you won the other would get to be second-in-command. She won. You died along the way. Now she appears before you to fulfill her promise.

Does this premise trigger anyone? I'm aware I technically made user a loser although not to the extent of that NEET dragon cyoa that was made a while ago.