>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>melee race
>M5

Second for I actually really like all the Primaris stuff.

Guess who bought herself the Limited Editon?

(Hint: it's me. I bought myself the limited edition)

Still need help because I'm a fag

>complains about prices
>buys it anyway

reroll charges.

Reminder that Scions and Ratlings are two new best units for IG.

Was talking to an Airforce guy the other day. He said he never had to go through knife training.

It hurts me physically that I know the limited edition will sell, all 2k units.

upgrading champions is not a cost. Forget where it is, but there is a rule about unit champions that states they don't cost more.

We got scans of new edition books yet?

No your Boss Nob is free of charge.

>doesn't buy it in muslim bucks

>daemon princes can take warp bolters
Is... there even a model that looks like a giant monster with a bolter?

Yes - everywhere. Find 3++ is the new black, everything is there.

I don't begrudge GW their ability to shut down mega. I don't feel entitled to pdfs. But if they're there, I will probably download them to save some money.

Daemon princes have barrels grafted in hands.

Any news on how emperors children will be in 8th? I want to pick up 40k with Slaanesh, and a pure slaaneshi daemons force doesn't seem viable (even though FW KoS is awesome)

That's neat. Thank you.

Hey guys, brand new to 40k. I'm gonna end up with the Deathguard from the starter box x2

Which should I buy to supplement them? I'm not really sure where to start.

You can't choose which currency you use can you? I thought it was region locked.

That's because they can't reach the shelf where the knives are stored.

Books are in the OP.

>yfw they start pushing out weapon that ignore invulns
>graded by what invulns they can ignore
>Invulnerable Penetration 4 Ignores Invulnerable saves of 4 and above
>Invulnerable Penetration 3 Ignores Invulnerable saves of 3 and above
>Invulnerable Penetration 2 Ignores Invulnerable saves of 2 and above
>etc

I hope and expect they'll just keep it to mortal wounds.

Did GW finally fix Mutilators?

>RNGshit

no

>This model may replace its kustom shoota with one item from the Shooty Weapons or Choppy Weapons lists

So my Warboss can dual wield Power Klaws? Is there any advantage to that?

Deep strike Tempestus now with more Command Rods. Taurox, Heavy Weapon Squads, and Sentinels deploy while a shit load of Tempestus deep strike. Spare points can be used to upgrade things like plasma Pistols or Sentinel weaponry.

2000pt Brigade
Tempestor Prime (Command Rod)[40] 120
Tempestor Prime (Command Rod)[40]
Tempestor Prime (Command Rod)[40]

Tempestus (4xVolley Gun, 5xHot-shot Lasgun, Bolt pistol)[132] 792
Tempestus (4xVolley Gun, 5xHot-shot Lasgun, Bolt pistol)[132]

Tempestus Command squad (4xPlasma)[64] 192
Tempestus Command squad (4xPlasma)[64]
Tempestus Command squad (4xPlasma)[64]

Tempestus Command squad (4xMelta)[84] 540
Tempestus Command squad (4xMelta)[84]
Tempestus Command squad (4xMelta)[84]
Taurox Prime (Gatling Cannon, 2xVolley Gun)[96]

Heavy Weapon Squad (3xMortar)[27] 135
Heavy Weapon Squad (3xMortar)[27]

Scout Sentinel (Auto Cannon)[50] 150
Scout Sentinel (Auto Cannon)[50]
Scout Sentinel (Auto Cannon)[50]

Total 1929

>Champion can replace his bolt gun and pistol for...
>one of the following
So wait, if I give my champion a combi-weapon he no longer has a bolt pistol?

>M4"

No - and I defend the Possessed and Obliterators.

Mortal Wounds do that fine already.

>Fix
They way you fix a dog maybe.

None

Yes

There any good guides out there for converting the various aspect warriors from plastic kits?
Also is it safe for footdar to come out to play?

They deep strike, so that's fine. Just drop 'em in, use command re-roll to secure a charge, and they're in.

>2+ save
>deep strike

Not at all.

How are Possessed any better faggot. They were nerfed in almost every way.

>Obliterators
>functional
>don't know what the gun will be good at hurting until you decide your target
>Spend all game plinking at a land raider with s7 ap -1 d1 guns
>ever getting in range for more than a turn or two anyways

>possessed
>more expensive than berserkers
>worse than berserkers
>barely cheaper than warp talons
>worse in every way than warp talons
>their speed mattering in the age of rhino rush
>having the same number of attacks as basic CSM with chainswords
>damage 2 mattering when they'll struggle to hurt 2W models (Terminators, Vehicles, etc) with their garbage AP.

>rhinos can self-repair
>onagers can't anymore
explain this

Also: the text seems to imply that Skitarii Alphas can take a melee weapon without trading out their galvanic rifles/radium carbines for a pistol; is this true/a good idea?

replace
rJˈpleJs/
verb
past tense: replaced; past participle: replaced
take the place of.
"Ian's smile was replaced by a frown"

No
Better than before, and your your melee aspects can assault from serpents now.

You roll before you select your target you fucking idiot. So yes you will know what they're good at hunting before rolling. It isn't my fault you can't read.

Scions actually not op. They don't have regiment keyword. They wont get a bonus when codex comes out.

I'm just gonna go kill myself now

the RNG is pretty minor, and hardly unique, or even chaosy.
Can think of at least 4 guns of the top of my head that have hit and dmg rng.
And given how how all those work now, it's not going to change from "is this effect, or not" but just "how effective is it".

Try not to make a mess.

LITERALLY in the OP

>Saying go to any clickbait sites

I would recommend getting those cheap 7th ed starter set hellbrutes. Or really anything that can kill stuff with high toughness/saves. This is the weakness of your listed composition. You'll be able to mop the floor when it comes to fighting basic infantry and nothing too elite.

How come we don't have any "Lawful Evil"-type factions? Doesn't anyone else get tired of everything being chaotic (incompetent) and the only semblance of order being the domain of the "good" factions like Imperium, Eldar or Tau, or neutral like the necrons

Help me make this list better

>don't know what the gun will be good at hurting until you decide your target

Are you illiterate?

>ever getting in range for more than a turn or two anyways

Again - illiterate? You have deepstrike as well as an assault (so advance and shoot) gun.

So what weapon do you think is best on a hellbrute now?

I always liked the look of the thunder hammer but with the changes to it you get -1 to their save over the fist (which was already -3) in exchange for -1 to hit and it doing less damage than the fist 1/3s of the time.

If most vehicles are like the hellbrute IE T7 or below then the scourge looks best. It has a shit ton of attacks to mash infantry, two damage to instant kill terminators, primaris and the like but "only" -2 ap.

rhinos are basically just boxes for moving troops up the field. They're hard to pry open, but once they get up their you don't care.
Onager are also much tougher than they were under the previous edition, and without crew shaken/stunned they'll be firing at full value unless you strip their wounds down. Getting them wounds back would be a much bigger deal.
it costs points for the melee weapon, do you want to spend those?

I'll admit that possessed aren't great, but there's one easy fix for them: just give them 3 attacks all the time. They then become a fast-ish glass hammer assault unit which can punch above its weight. That said, still better than last edition.

No. With their currant rules it is impossible to know where you will want them so the only viable place to put them is in the middle of the battle field with at least one multi wound target and one single wound target. Their only viable role is as a distraction.

>Deep strike
If you rolled to see what their gun would be in the movement phase this would be great. As it is you drop them down next to the tank you need to kill/wound and then they roll a 1 for damage across the whole squad and you can only tickle it.

I think so, enough that Im currently greenstuffing two termicide squads into them.
Primarily they seen like a sturdy Lord delivery system, use the Lords extra movement to be the primary charger, after a teleport youre looking at 9". If they back away from the blender then thats more table advantage.

I'm torn on whether theyre better than other loyalist dedicated terminator squads, on the charge with average rolls they're reducing a 2+ to a 4+ and dealing 2dmg per hit. The s7 really doesnt matter unless theyre flippin over tanks.

I like them, but youre sacrificing the relative safety of our 2+/5+ terminators toolkit for a lower cost, an extra wound, and a way better melee pay off.

Faster (7"), still S5, cheaper than before (22 each), get ap-2 (equivalent to ap3) automatically, death to the false emperor, can charge out of rhinos. How are they not better?

We've been completely stripped of our elite melee options. Berzerkers are good, but they have nowhere near the durability, mobility or attacks to compete with imperial counterparts. Possessed fulfill exactly the same role as Berzerkers while also being more expensive. Warp Talons are getting there, but 2A is not enough.

Mutilators are just a joke and probably even worse than Possessed.

also
>heavy 2 lascannon
>heavy 6 heavy bolter
>heavy d3 plasma cannon
What's even the point of the autocannon or multi-melta anymore?

Because lawful evil is a shit alignment

The entire Destroyers subfaction of Necrons is "Organics are messy, clean the universe"

>melee race
>most points efficient melee infantry in the game

The Imperium is Lawful Evil. The very existence of it was a result of things going horribly wrong, and,it's rightfully called the most brutal regime ever

>Lawful anything

Kys pls

rhinos can now be assaulted out of. and are crazy durable.

>explain this
Can't explain that other than to say that GW placed a sweeping nerf over all of AdMech as a 'cost' to be applied to combining them into a single list. They're still decent, even with that.

>is this true/a good idea?
Yeah, it's true. You could take a melee weapon without getting rid of your Galvanic Rifle in 7th edition too. If you're playing with Power, or you have points to spare, you may as well get yourself a Power Sword or Arc Maul or something, but if you care about points, it's probably not the best idea.

is anyone else pissed they fucked with minimum unit sizes? i got multiple units now that are either too large or too small.

also fuck you GW for making zoanthropes suck if you field less than 4 and sell then in boxes of 3

Warp Talons have three attacks each. EACH of their lightning claw lets you make an extra attack, and they have two.

>all these people talking about what arm to put on their mini

Who is actual autistic enough to care about wysiwyg? Just put whatever is coolest or fits the theme you're going for with the model

>not having all the indexes and rules already saved

>People really think 'deep strike' is enough to save a shitty unit be it Possessed, Oblits, Warp talons, etc
>b-but you c-can just drop them in uhh..w-waste a command point on a huge risky charge o-okay??

Isn't Mech the opposite of footdar?

Also I'd think you're probably worse off than before given that all your units cost substantially more (ie DA cost 4ppm more than last bringing them to 17ppm), your spells are incredibly unreliable at 7+, many other armies got huge buffs, fleet is gone, and battle focus doesn't let you move after shooting anymore.

They'd still be worse in melee than Berserkers.
Advancing makes them BS4 - Good job dropping from four to three hits on your guns 200 point shooting unit.

Are Necrons the new WAACfag toys?

>too large.
You can add individual models in the point system.
Also min unit sizes were a thing before.

I'm kinda thinking of grabbing some Volkite weapons to counts-as Sonic Blasters - anyone played around with these? Trying to figure out if Calivers or Chargers are better

Obliterators are dead to me
At first I thought Tyhpus would be as well but he actually is saved by that deep strike charge

Soo i can take warbikers msu and have a free nobz, not bad. Beeing only 3 and orks they don't suffer that much from battleshock and i can offset by a littlebit the higher cost than 7th warbikers

Does anyone have an epub of the the War of The Fang anthology? I can't find it in the pastebin.

>bought it anyway
I love it when people answer themselves without realizing it.

Ok thanks. Are transports as important now as I've been told they where?

>faster by one inch
Oh wow, literally sanic speed. It's not worth losing fleet faggot.

>still S5
Not a buff.

>cheaper than before
And also worse

>get ap-2 (equivalent to ap3) automatically, death to the false emperor, can charge out of rhinos. How are they not better?
Not worth their cost. For one less AP and inch of movement, Berzerkers do all of that while costing only 17ppm (i'm including the chainaxe cost) and being S6, guaranteed 3A if you keep the chainsword, and are able to fight twice in the fight phase.

They not only have a higher threat range, but are much cheaper.

Deceiver looks pretty good, D3 units redeployed anywhere on the board 12" from enemy units

Shut up tranny.

Min unit sizes have gone up for a lot of units though. Chaos terminators, Zoanthropes, and Crisis suita are ones that really spring to mind, and for the latter two running a single model unit was rather fluffy.

Necrons are the closest you'll get. They hate the warp and chaos but winning isn't gonna be fun for anyone either.

Also"evil" isn't a real thing. Especially in 40k. Even the good guys have no qualms about annihilating whole or turning helpless beggars into servators.

>New

This has probably been asked a billion times now
But could you list me the most to least meta armies from top to bottom

7'' move is irrelevant when rhino rush charging exists and warp talons exist. 4 points cheaper is literally nothing. Death to the False Emperor matters against one faction and even then never if you're unlucky. They also got ap3 automatically last edition if you took the DP+Possessed formation.

But in return they lost fleet and got a random number of attacks.

They got nerfed, hard.

You can still DS them with their 24" gun anywhere on the table - if you can't figure out how to do that to get range on a decent selection of targets - well I'm hard pressed to believe you're even capable of playing the game.

>your spells are incredibly unreliable at 7+
warlock has 2 spells at 6+, and conceal can now work on all nearby units, not just guardians.
Enhance is 7+, but you can actually apply it to your melee units.
The farseer powers are 7+, but they can reroll one or both dice. So that's a lot more reliable than it was.
The battlefocus change isn't a huge problem for most units.
The only big nerfs were jetbikes, warpspiders, and wraithknights. IE things that needed it.

Also, Avatar of khaine and wraithlord are much better. No more instant death. S5 attacks not wounding on 2+. Move 7". Difficult terrain isn't a thing

Would people care if I used a suitably blinged up space marine hunter as a sisters' of battle exorcist?

Where on the doll did Asmodeus touch you?

Eh. It's something, I guess.

Debatable.

>Kys pls
no u

Interdesting, you're right. That would definetly make them better than Berzerkers.

Though they're still laughable compared to what Space Wolves and Blood Angels can get.

You need two Trygons. One to transport the 'stealers and one to transport the Broodlord. Characters are their own unit now, remember?

>go out to GW to preorder 8e stuff
>the person behind me in line is a late 30s early 40s milf
>figure she's just standing in line for her kid or husband or something
>she picks up one of the store's 8e rulebooks and says to herself something to the effect of "shit, these new primaris marines are brutal, two mid range heavy bolters on each assault marine."
>start talking to her about the new 8e rules, apparently she's been playing for years, has like 3k points worth of sisters of battle
well that was a bizarre experience. i shoulda tried to get her number but her husband was with her chasing after the kids

more expensive, but much tougher.
Important is a different question.