Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Praise the Dark Gods edition.

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#!/rosterCreator#/rosterCreator

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!9bBhGaDA!0JoaCNtFINcR1DUI6wYzvWN0VhNa2znSeCeQiXZj4MA
mega.nz/#!0eQiCL5R!omFexvKyWIhWZdqBdWV4HIW9ZwQ7dFTFwYmlxF1G9gI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Ynnead

mega.nz/#!9bBhGaDA!0JoaCNtFINcR1DUI6wYzvWN0VhNa2znSeCeQiXZj4MA
mega.nz/#!0eQiCL5R!omFexvKyWIhWZdqBdWV4HIW9ZwQ7dFTFwYmlxF1G9gI
Xenos and guard FW index, please put in the mega

3rd for 3rd time posting this god damn it

xth for best chapter master

FW indices up, link was somewhere in the last thread

>The provided key is invalid
Am I retarded, is anyone else getting this?

Anybody else thinking that Tzaangor models are way too large ? They're suppose to be like Tzeentch Cultists, but they're even taller than Scarab Occult terminators, which just looks fucking weird.
Is there an easy way to make smaller copies of models ?

Fuck yes, thank you. Now I can actually use my Vultures.

Hrud models when?

>BS3+

THE BBBRRT IS A GO

Holy fuck, death korps marshal's are retardly tough. It takes 10 lascannons to kill just one.

Strikes me as crappy. Improved durability but the unique weapons are all crap and we aren't hurting for S5 rend 0 platforms in Tau.

>Pedro
How can anyone take them seriously?

>DKOK Death Rider command squad can flank
>but not the normal dudes

Ok makes sense, they're supposed to be skilled vets and shit--

>but neither can the commissar or the death rider commander

???

n'th for fuck conscripts

Can't get to my laptop for a while, would some kind user post the Death Rider units beyond the one we already got previewed? Think it's a colonel, a Commisar and a command squad.

Last thread got archived right after I posted.

Any advice on this list?

-HQ-
Chaos Hellwright on Dark Abeyant - Infernal axe, mechatendrils, voidcutter, flamer, soulbruner pistol, Warpfire lance - 178

-Heavy Support-
Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought - Dual Malignatas saker, Greater havoc launcher, Twin heavy bolter - 233
Hellforged Deredeo Dreadnought - Butcher cannon array, Greater havoc launcher, Twin heavy bolter - 253
Hellforged Leviathan Dreadnought - Grav-flux bombard, Hellforged siege claw, meltagun, hellflamer - 329

-HQ-
Chaos Hellwright - Infernal axe, mechatendrils, voidcutter, flamer, soulbruner pistol - 133

-Elites-
Hellforged Contemptor Dreadnought - C-beam cannon, Hellforged deathclaw w/ Soulburner - 209
Chaos Decimator - C-beam cannon, Decimator siege claw w/ Hellflamer - 167
Chaos Decimator - Soulburner petard, Decimator siege claw w/ Hellflamer - 167
Helbrute - Twin lascannon, Power scrouge - 165
Helbrute - Twin lascannon, Power scrouge - 165

Total - 1999
Command Points - 5

vote for kanto

>MALANTHROPES ARE ONLY 90 FUCKING POINTS

GG, nids are top tier army now by far until FW is banned.

By getting a red power fist shoved up their ass.

Why did forge world forget about the renegades and heretics?

No.

We're also the only ones who's got their Primarch back.

Fuck, my ion canons are shit now.

>has a whole custom army list
>waah they forgot about us
???

Do people really expect to play against memescripts so often to make lists solely to counter them? Nobody at my lgs has ever considered playing them.

They're beastmen, not humans.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

It's in the IG index, user.

You're just jealous that besides his many talents and good character, our chapter master can also dance the flamingo ! Chicks love good dancers. He must be getting ALL the ladies

Heavy Weapons take -1 to fire when moving, even on vehicles. Unless it has a rule to counteract that, it has BS4+ BRRRT.

So is there an example army list out there for 8th edition for say, pure Knights, Skitari, or Legio Custodes?

I haven't played in a while and want to know how things look nowadays before I get shit out of storage.

Calgar admits he's a failure in the Dark Imperium novel.

Would a kind user be willing to post the Vendetta?

Still better than Pedro.

fucking epubs.
what can i use to open an epub if i dont want some bloated adware shit on my pc

if it cant hover then how can it ever not move?

Worked fine for me.

112 points base, 8 points for Heavy bolter, Twin punisher Heavy 40, 40 points. 160 points total.

Vulture is amazing everyone, get ready for the BRRRRRRRRTTT!!!!

There's the rub.

Jesus, if you haven't figured it out by now kys.

It can't, so it's basically BS 4+ always

It can't.
Eldar crimson Hunter has the same thing.
It now 2+ to hit, so it works out to the normal 3+.

If you use Firefox you can get the Lucifox addon to open Epubs, probably one of the most light-weight options

thanks mate

Supposed to be a vanguard detachment, not outrider.

They are in the IG FW book. They lost a lot of options though.

It's fucking simple. Units that can have the Ynnari keyword can have the Ynnari keyword. Units that have the Aeldari keyword can still be part of their Ynnari-Aeldari brethren.

Can I please have at least one non meme opinion on the state of troop choices for SM?

I'm having difficulty seeing what's better, melee scouts, bolter scouts, sniper scouts, or tac marines

Wow so Renegades got the royal shaft for 8th. All around shittier than Guard, mostly the exact same points costs. No discounts for their abysmal BS like in 7th. Guess someone at FW didn't like them being so popular in 7th. No worries...no one in their right mind would ever run them over counts-as guard now.

110p base, 40 points per twin Lascannon. 230p total.

If you have any of the disallowed models in your Aeldari army then everything that doesn't come with Ynnari on the datasheet cannot gain it.

I suddenly got 110 points freed from my list and I have no idea what to do with it.

Any idea why it wont work for me? The OP links work fine for me.

Thanks

So what are people's thoughts on these DKoK Orders?

Is it in the mega? I'm not seeing it

Take a second malanthrope, put adrenal glands and toxin on the Tyrant and the Trygon Prime

?

It's a very ancient name

>grav-chute insertion rule for the vendetta states that the models must be placed more then 9" away from enemy models

Doesn't look good for the valkyrie lads.

>Fix Bayonets! is finally an Imperial Guard order

Oh my god.

Hey real quick guys I'm reading through the indexes now and I've just noticed that it doesn't say how many fire points are on the Rhinos or Immolators, does this mean you can't fire any dudes out of them anymore? or am I missing something?

Flavorful and fun.

malantropes are literraly shit tier tho

There it is, diagonally.

Vendetta rules out?

Hey anons, what's everyone working on tonight?

>pic unrelated

With how poorly edited the indexes are and with literally every other unit being roughly 1 power = 20 points, I can almost guarantee that it's a typo and they're supposed to be 190.

Without Mercy is without a doubt very good due to pistol rules (Being able to fire in melee). Idk about Duty Unto Death though.

>without mercy

So, Heirophant, Malanthrope, 2x3 rippers, 1x4 rippers.

Malanthrope sits behind the Heirophant while it's making 2 units per turn liquid. Rippers go for objectives starting turn 3.

What beats this? Titan can only kill 3 units a turn, so I guess that helps.

It's also an order for regular IG

It is one of the strong points of 8th edition

So are barbed heirodule and malanthrope the best choices in normal point games compared to their vanilla index counterparts like the venomthrope and exocrine?

Am I the only one who is pissed off at the fact that the fucking Stormbird is the only vehicle able to transport Primaris Marines?

It's aight.

Hitting on 4s agains ground targets unless you hover provides some interesting tactical decisions. It's definitely a horde mulched though.

My nigga.

There are no more fire points on anything anymore. You can't shoot out of transports at all unless they have the Open-Topped ability.

It's long been a meme for Commissars and Officers to shout it in lore, but it seems that until now there has not actually been an Order for it.

Yes.

Are you fucking retarded

Hello 2011

Not true, there is at least one (stormlord)

So? I was afraid it would be a 4+ with +1 to hit ground. I stead it murders planes, too.

The question is: dual hell fury or dual missile launcher?

Yeah that has to be the case. There's no way that's intentional. I'm not even gonna run these guys until they FAQ that because it's fucking broken.

I'm going to load up on some crusher carnifexes though.

What beats this is deepstriking
I'm not sure which is the better choice, two barbed heirodule or one heirophant

Fun. But losing FRF, SRF is a big blow.

That's a unique ability. Fire Points as a generic game mechanic are gone.

Anything in the FW Index that would make it worthwhile to use Krieg Grenadiers in Storm Chimerae rather than Scions in Tauroxes Prime?

10-4

Yep, so you have Ynnari units, and non-Ynnari Aeldari units in the same army. Simple.

Repressor has 6.

Still useless tho.

How do you mean

The only Ynnari units you can take then are the Triumvirate special characters.

TANTALUS
So someone in the last thread said the tantalus was 350 points. Is there confirmation on that? I mean it certainly got more beefy.

Holy fuck malanthrope are 90 points instead of 200?

Yeah it literally has to be a mistake

see

DISCUSS