Previous Thread: COMMANDAN NEWS

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your signature card?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-06-17-jhoira-edh/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scorpion-breath/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have too many decks that all vary on what they do.

Though I just build a raidmother deck, and the signature winner for that is pic related

>What's your signature card?
its in every deck
just keeps getting better and better the more you cast it
even the first time you cast it its good value but the 2nd or 3rd time they gotta make some real hard decisions

and obviously this is for casual decks

>Thread Question:
Not much of a signature, but every time I play it I'm greeted with a salvo of "go fuck yourself".

hey op do you actually like that card?
has it won you games
how frequently does it get removed for zero value?

Need to make this more consistent, pls help

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/20-06-17-jhoira-edh/

Tell me the commander was Kangee

>prevents solitaire games
>"go fuck your self, user"
On the contrary, my neckbearded friend with no purpose in life, other than children's trading card games that hold no value outside your imaginary world.

Cauldron Dance.

My table absolutely hates this card because I play it on my Yidris on Wheels on Wheels deck, so I usually get 30 cards and the rest of the table get to twiddle their thumbs.

To be honest, i'd take that over some cheeto encrusted neckbeard touching their deck after going infinite

Add omniscience, blood moon, wheel of fortune, and the suspend wheel of fortune.

Wheel of Fate.

I always imagine Ulamog getting banana'd in Mario Kart when someone plays this shit.

Yea that one
Also add blightsteel colossus, Rhystic study, and some eldrazi: ulamogs, kozileks, emrakul, it that betrays.

I don't even own it but always somehow manage to get it out, through milling or using a buddies deck

Kangee really isn't very good. But yes it was. I just want a fucking WUB Bird so I can play baleful strix. and FUCK DEREVI. I want to have fun and play birds and bird related cards. I don't want to get hates out when the commander is to strong to let the deck survive hate.

>Signature card
It's only in one deck, but its still the smashiest deck in our playgroup and for some reason everyone hates when I get a bunch of free things

Into every blue deck I play.

In my playgroup, pic related.

If I played in a meta where I wasn't the only guy willing to pack stax, it would probably be either Wood Elemental (Since NO ONE else plays the fucking thing, for good reason) or Ritual of Subdual

>signature card
if it has red, i always add this

giving players things is a quick way to get the board divided

opps, forgot card

>get ready to humble

I like the card a lot but it's not very good. I run it in my PSZ deck and best case scenario is I drop it on a Fathom Mage or Kalonian Hydra.

It's one of my wincons in Ghoulcaller Gisa
>"At the end of your turn I exile all but the last card of my library, then sac it to Gisa for 130+ Zombies. On my turn I'll swing ~60 at the remaining 4 players"

The looks on the faces of every player seeing the deck go off for the first time fills me with life.

>thread question
So many combos. It's become a "kill on sight" card in my group. Doesn't usually help because it's easy to recur.

I am assuming the combo's involve the fact it spawns a token?

I was a bit perplexed at first.

Forgot to put this on my first post, what do ya'll think about this Scorpion God counters-voltron-thing? We already have a Hapatra deck, I wanted to try the other direction
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/scorpion-breath/

Yeah, the fact that it spawns a token and is an artifact itself makes it versatile enough to fit into many combos. Most of them involving Salvaging Station.

Ahhh, I love that card. I used to have a playgroup where we played legacy-ish kitchen table and RUG was my go-to.
>T3 Guided Passage
>get land, shitty spell and Bloodbraid Elf, the only creature in the deck
>T4 Bloodbraid Elf cascade into Guided Passage
>feelsvalueman

>Salvaging Station.
Ah, everything is clicking into place.

You're inability to understand the stack is disturbing. Please stop posting misinformation

I was going to call you on that being BS due to the errata that tacked the "Sac if power 7+" clause onto the activated ability as well as having the triggered, but it looks like in a case of stealth buff it's back to working again. Good show.

Salvaging Station+Blasting Station/Grinding Station+Flayer Husk is a pretty common combo.

Oh, and if you doubt that Wizards ever fucked it up like that, check the Gatherer comments. I did after noticing the clause was gone and would have saved a lot of face had I done that BEFORE posting.

There are also lots of niche synergies you can pull off with it too. It's such a nice little card.

I put this in every black deck I make

Anyone here going to GP cleveland want to jam some commander Saturday?

Thankfully you don't need to save face on an anonymous image board.

This somehow always ends up in my decks.

I dunno what that user said, but I do know that it took a hot second to explain how it worked to my opponent. Triggered abilities are nifty, yo.

Yeah, I had to look through multiple rules threads and Jarad decks on Tapped Out to make sure it works. It's also pretty dope that they're now a series of +1/+1 counters instead of +X/+X. Leads to some other nifty interactions.

Heart of the Cards

I want to make a deck with her just so I can run this guy in it

How do you get around her downside, if you do?

Even though I haven't used it in a long time, at heart it's still Goblin Grenade.

Cards you feel scummy about for including in your deck?

"Put that card into your hand" isn't drawing. Dark Confidant/Tutelage, Ad Naus, other tutors, Transmute cards, send cards to your graveyard then add them back to your hand.

This card always makes someone mad

On the one hand: optimization in mono black.
On the other hand: friends.

Isn't it better to run him as commander and Maralen in the deck? At least he still does something on his own.

Unless you want a waifu general of course.

necropotence its just such an amazing card but drawing 20 cards usually wins you the game the next turn and so it just feels too good for my playgroup

>removed for zero value
If it gets removed you keep the counters though.

You can tutor him up when she's the commander.

yeah thats true but you can still get 2-for-1'd by doomblade
that feels bad

Yeah, with previously killing yourself by making all of the opponents tutor for their combo pieces and probably her getting removed before your turn anyway.

As I've always said:
If it ain't Nighthawk, it ain't righthawk.

In my Kruphix Eldrazi deck.

You just either need him in hand or need a tutor in hand before you cast your commander.

worst card that keeps saving my butt

What are the best ways in Mardu to turn a bunch of random dorks and tokens into real problems for opponents? Purphoros, Cathars' Crusade, and Sadistic Hypnotist are my all-stars, but I need more. I'm not really looking to generate value for myself so much as pain for everyone else (since I already have way too many durdle-heavy decks).

alesha loves solemsim and eldrazi monument.
but she really loves avalanche riders.

you could try some blasting station type shit for your tokens.

>alesha loves solemsim
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too slow

That's not her downside buddy

Modular

Thinking about making a casual Grixis deck using Locust/Scorpion god combo. What would be the best commander to run them with?
I was thinking about using it as in a Inst./Sorc.heavy deck. Possibly might run Jeleva as commander

>not being able to draw cards isn't a downside

Nicol Bolas. Flavortown, baby.

Nicol Bolas to be a flavorfag.

Bolas

I have played it far too many times for it to be either fun or funny anymore, but still I continue. Descent of the Dragons is a close second, as it is my boradwipe of choice.

A Bolas minion deck?
That's sounds like it could work

I've dunked on more people with All Is Dust than anyone should be allowed to

Appreciate the ideas, user.

>Sad Robot
Not looking to durdle.

>Avalanche Riders
Already running him and Fulminator Mage, and anyway I have plenty of dorks already. I'm really looking for enablers that make my existing dorks more threatening.

>Eldrazi Monument
Possibly, though I'm usually not making so many tokens at once that +1/+1 to my board would represent much extra damage. +2/+2 seems like the minimum to be worth running, and I do run things like Dictate of Heliod, but even those are hardly exciting.

>Blasting Station, etc
Similar problem, it's just not a big enough enough effect per creature to be worth it given the outlets I'm aware of (Goblin Bombardment, Skull Catapult, etc) and the number of tokens I'm likely to have out at any given time.

My deck is more about persistence than sheer numbers. I don't go that wide, I just keep shitting out a few creatures per turn forever, through any number of wraths etc. So I want to go big with my enablers, or have them stick around like Purphoros.

Most modular creatures suck, and again I'm looking for enablers right now.

Bolas must command the bug gods.

Also, I assume you know that Crumbling Ashes exists.

Nicol Bolas is the commander
Cruel Ultimatum needs to be in, along with Slave of Bolas, Crux of Fate, Deep Analysis
Use Buried Alive and Entomb with reanimtor, Jhoira, Sneak Attack or Through the Breach to get the Gods out.

Look at me, I am the God Pharaoh now

Locust goes pretty swell in Nekusar and I think there's enough design space to make the other gods have some utility aswell. Also Neku himself is a zombie for sick Scarab God synergy! That said I think it's definitely gonna be worse than a streamlined Neku.

>Cheating out 5 drops

Barely seems worth it

Hm
Yea ok Bolas it is
Wish there was a planes walker commander Bolas I could use

Also how would you pay for the mana costs in a Grixis deck? Can't exactly mono black ramp

Sexy tech, user. I'm going to steal it for my own Gisa deck.

I'm sorry.

We really need another card with the ability to just sacrifice a permanent.

Honestly I would play a 0 cost artifact that let you sacrifice a permanent for 0 and does nothing else.

Would you say it causes a certain Hatred for you?

do you play red
this is pretty much as close as you are going to get

>Crumbling Ashes
FML I meant Blowfly Infestation

You're saying as if that would be a bad card but I think it would be slightly too good.

Looked it up
That's a some spicy deck tech,user

A free sack outlet that is also colourless.
Please see,

That's not trinket mageable and you lose your sac outlet after a measly number of sacrificing. Plus it doesn't hit enchantments or walkers, which is something my Zealous Conscripts cares about

I don't feel scummy about it, but any color lock out cards will make my friends scoop immediately. Even though they all usually run removal.

That would be legitimately broken.

Pain Turbine (0)
Artifact
T: Pay 0, Sacrifice a Creature
Whenever a Creature dies Untap Pain Turbine.
"Its only purpose is to fuel itself."
Phyrexia_watermark.png

When does it become not broken? Altar of dementia costs 2 and kills people. 1cmc?

Maybe it's just the meta of my flgs and group of friends, but no one seems to be prepared for how much damage this little baby can do. Dropping it early in the first 3 turns can set my opponents back so far. It definitely helps I like token decks.
Ideally turn 1 land>cast altar. Turn 2 land> sol ring or cheap token producer. The milling fun begins.
By the time anyone has dealt with this they've lost a quarter of their decks and I've exiled their graveyards, all for a 1 drop $0.43 junk rare. Feels so good.

Seems fun with the locust god. You draw your entire deck, everyone else mills theirs.

Good with scarab God too, will give you lots of good creatures to eternalize

How can I build Hapatra without infect?

I would really like to build golgari but I am just not a big fan of the other commanders.

See Also:I am salty I sold my playset of Life from the Loam and don't want to play a graveyard centric deck

My group only plays multiplayer but I am a control player through and through.

Memes aside, how has everyone elses Samut deck been working for them?

Mass Haste commanders are the best, my only other two commanders are Olivia and Maelstrom wanderer but Samut has been a beast of her own.

How is everyone else building her?

I am sticking to a midrange aggro build that can work out commander but usually is just constantly swinging creatures with a good ramp pack.

>Pic
Is there one for the three-colors?