Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

The Book of Nurgle Edition

>FAQ
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!ToIUlLiR!o91HYGSY9WBNpei5P_2bTw List Builder
Got Squatted, use pen and paper or whatever

>WIP Math-hammer doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoFMV7kHpFo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Primaris Ultramarines!

Second for broken FW models.

3st for purging filthy thousand sons

>this drednought

Rebuttal to the chap who said Ancient Primaris was useless, I saw a batrep yesterday where the Ancient was with two squads of Hellblasters.

Every time one died, it could put out a supercharged blast with no consequence - it really made a difference at key points for example where 2 or 3 went down and then killed the monstrous creature that got 'em

Why are R&H considered to be trash-tier now?

>13th legion
>first
verily did I contemplate

So are corsairs as fucked as people say

Its actually mildly annoying since I find they dont do enough against marine/ chaos armies and get crumpled by skitari

hoever the hellblasters/ interceptors are useful enough and at least the captain is another option. In the end your best bet is to use the good dudes as support for a normal marine army.

Anyone got .pdf version of Codex Blood Angels: Red Thirst Edition? Or know what mega its in?

Just played a 1K point tournament as Deathwing. First game against furry niggers, second against weeb NPCs. Lost the first and nearly tied the second. Such is playing M5" armies in Maelstrom.

Fires of Cyraxus when?

Are people still angry about the list builder thing?

Takes me a bout 40 seconds to slap together a great list with power level.

When first codexis?

There are really not corsairs anymore. Like ther are units, but no HQ, and no point in using them. They also have a punishing rule, but its worded in the way that you can opt to not use it.
Its a mess.

Mmmmm gotta love those freshly picked cherries.

13th Legion, 1st in the eyes of the Emperor.

This is actually great b8, but I don't have a reaction image for that.

Takes a WAACfag 5 min to slap a list twice as powerful at the same "power level"

I want to know this too.

>lose warp jump and -4 rend on a 6
>gain -3 rend and a flamer ability
Doesn't seem ludicrous, I might have put them at more than 1ppm more, but I wouldn't put anyting like doubling it on. Everything else is basically canceld out, moral nonsense swaps whether you or the enemy get it, 1/36 chance of losing a model for hard to hit isn't a big deal, assualt 1 becoming assault 3 if you keep hitting is only marginally better than assault 2 (by like 0.07 hits on bs3+)

Really, I've played 2 games with power level so far and its quite balanced.

For my last game I had 48 PL and my opponent had 52 PL, in the end I won, so being slightly lower or higher makes no big difference, and we added up the points in the end and I only had 100 points more than my opponent.

Oh, did not noticed Spectres are now Elite. Nice.

>angry
More like disappointed. It had its issues, but it was a great listbuilder. I'm much better with visuals/picturebook style than staring at battlescribe.

>I had 100 points more than my opponent and won
>powerlevel suggested I was the underdog though
What a beneficial anecdote to your point.

>interceptors
they're called Inceptors, and they're overcosted in my humble opinion.

>Just played a 1K point tournament as Deathwing. First game against furry niggers, second against weeb NPCs. Lost the first and nearly tied the second. Such is playing M5" armies in Maelstrom.
Reports?
Also, M5"? I thought Marines were M6"?
Also also, which weebs? Gundams or knife ears?

Probably never.

fatt ward pls go

>Fires of Cyraxus
new player here. What does that imply?

He's M5 because of Deawthwing Terminators

That Custode looks like he's just so happy to be out on the field killing things again.

It's pasta

>Inceptors
oops

But either way I am inclined to agree, since they easily go down for their cost and are only a squad of three.

Though I think compared to the nutacs they are more usefull, but then again most things in the set are kind of eh.

It's an upcoming book that will give us Mechanicus players an ungodly pile of new stuff, as well as hopefully fixing the massive holes in our book. Been delayed forever, it's been "Almost Here" since a year ago at least.

Not really, its just me telling the same story in slightly different ways.

Next Imperial Armor book (IA14) from Forgeworld. Except they ditched the Imperial Armor titles and numbers. Supposedly about Tau attacking a Forgeworld.

As opposed to the depressed Dread in the back

How much points is the Primaris half of the Dark Imperium? 1000?

962, I think.

>psykers have ~10% chance to eat D3 damage every time they try to do something

Oh, neat. I almost brought the Skitarii/Admech starter set, I might reconsider it.

Terminators are M5.

Game 1 was fairly anticlimatic, he mostly won because he successfully obtained the Priority Orders victory points. On top of that my units are absolute garbage against fliers.

Game 2 was full of some of the most retarded shit. My Deathwing Knights are wiped out by some Tau Railguns and Belial proceeds to attack one of those flying Tau ships which literally cannot hit him because of his -1 to hit rule. So we had a Terminator captain with a sword nearly bust a tank. On top of that the objective rules were funny as fuck, I obtained 3 victory points for defending a single objective alone because he also had a secure objective for the same target. In the end the thing that got him to win out was him slaying Belial. May he rest in peace, that tankbusting madman.

Tomorrow is 2K so the Ravenwing are joining the field. I expect the results to be a lot better.

> ~10%
Thats a b8?

Any commpents?

Ynnari armi (1492)

>Vanguard detachment (878)
Warlock skyrunner - Singing spear, Conceal (94)
Warlock skyrunner - Singing spear, Enhance (94)
10 shadow specters 230
10 shadow specters 230
10 shadow specters 230

>Outrider detachment (614)
Autarch skyrunner - Mandiblaster, 2x Death spinner (120)
Yvraine (132)
5 Swooping hawks - Exarch, Sunrifle (89)
Venom - 2x Splinter cannon (95)

does a wrecking ball mean that the trukk ALWAYS have 3 attacks despite having like 1 wound?

the strength would be lowered of course.

>Starting 40k with a Forge World army
I hope you dont like eating.

Not everybody is a poorfag

Drat, meant 5%.

Carry on soldier.

Damn, son. They don't look that much.

Chaos daemons really struggle in sub 2000 point games.

Leadership seven all over. Have to take greater daemons to counter that. Greater daemons are huge fire magnets.

If I am not rolling hot fire with invulns the games are over quick.

Khorne dogs are still auto take.
Blood letters are nine point fodder with better power swords.

Khorne chariots are pretty nice but slow as fug.

Maulerfiend is a firemagnet but a beast in cc.

Why 5%? its 1/36 so its only 2.7%

Remember user, it's Psychic-heavy players' fault for picking the wrong srmies in the Edition We Asked For, so we should be punished in completely random fashion unlike every single other army's gimmick.

>Playing inferior demons without psychic powers

lolwut
I would have brought the stuff from GW, in FW they only have that fuckhuge cannon.

Post your list? I love demons, a buddy of mine has been expanding his Khorne army lately and I'm pretty hyped to play against it in 8th

Snake eyes or box cars.

Damn what a hell of a ride. I recently joined 40k within the 7th/8th edition jump and played my first game yesterday vs Necrons with my new AdMechs (Skitarii box) at around 500 points (actually 1k because I teamed up with another 500 pts guy)

>Crawler being a beast and shot a Scarab-Thingy down within Round 1
>Vanguards did a pretty good job advance, shoot and keep the Crawler save from being in CC
>Dominus was the MVP even being in CC he kept himself and the Crawler alive with his repairs
>The Canticles were really good, especially when charging in the Vanguard while having "Litany of the Electromancer" up

I'm hyped to play more games now. Would you recommend trying out 7th too? Some peeps in my FLGS are hard on the train of "dude 8th sucks go play 7th". I liked the 8th, and most of the guys there agree that 8th>7th so far.

This is the worst edition ever. I was not so pissed since Hitler tried to invade Stalingrad.

They don't perform it, either

>Would you recommend trying out 7th too?
No.
Also nice to hear a good story for once.

i dont really like eating, but still can offer only 1 box from GW every 3 months

>I should be able yo spam mortal wounds, and other buffs with no consequences
Kek, mutants get rekd

Don't play 7th. It's a bloated unbalanced mess that makes playing the game a chore. I'm glad you had fun in your first game my dude

answer me you cucks

Might wanna consider a cheaper hobby then.

7e is better, but you will not like it.
You need to know alot of rules by heart and utilise them to outmaneuver you opponent.

No

Leadership 7 isn't bad leadership in 8th, especially not on 8 man squads, losing half your men causes 3.5 men back on a 1, nothing on a 2,3, one on a 4, two on a 5, 3 on a 6. For roughly half a man lost on average. Hardly something you desperatly need to spend 300+ points on a model to mitigate.

But i like warhammer 40k from being 6 years old and now im 18, so its big part of my life
And i always can open tabletop simulator to play with anons

then wtf does it mean? the text clearly states that you can ONLY attack three times with the weapon.

Meaning only 3 times ever. Not 4. Not 1. Therefore you always have 3 attacks?

No

Playing 7th with all the codecies that were out when 7th dropped and you'll have a better time than playing with the ones that were out when 7th ended. I still think I prefer 8th.

No as in, no we won't give you an answer

pls respond

What's dieing to trigger soulburst? No yvraine for Word of the Phoenix? You know her and the Yncarne are the only ones who can cast Revenant spells right?

How did he kill Belial if he was locked in melee?
Yeah, hate that movie for this scene alone.
Ok, here's a (You).

Or play without formations.

>I'm much better with visuals/picturebook style than staring at battlescribe.
>I am like a young child

>be Magnus
>be most brutal melee monster Chaos can field short of Warlord Titan

How can Khornefags even compete?

You've taken a venom, but the only unit that can go in it is the Yvraine. You lack the ability to deal with any t7+ units, in a faction with dark lances.

>Yvraine (132)
Ha?

This question is asked once per thread in the exact same terms. People grew tired of it.
Basically, they lost flavor - like every other faction, but apparently it's more dramatic for them because reasons.

What is wrong with formations in 7th? As far as I know, 8th has Detachments or Formations which geant some minor bonus on those Combat Points right? What's the difference?

Is it better because it's far more build up over the years or other reasons?

Okay. Seems like there is a lot of hate/disregard for 7th now since 8th is out? Why do people still cling on 7th though?

>Why do people still cling on 7th though?
Gronards gonna gronard. Change is hard for autists to deal with.

Without their flavorful HQs and abilities, they're just shitty chaos/shitty IG.

>7e is better
No

He retreated and then his commander opened fire on the poor guy. Such is life when your primary means of transportation is teleporting.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoFMV7kHpFo

Tyranids vs Guard at 2k points

Tyranids go first, get some turn 1 charges and Mawloc shenanagins.

Tyranids get tabled at turn 3. Stormsword with 6 heavy flamers OP. Guard orders OP.

Basically they are the same price as guard, but objectively worse, and they lost the upgrades that made them workable. When I stop phone posting, I will make an info graphic for everyone

7th was god awful.

People hated 7th when 7th was out too. It was several editions worth of band aid rules that made it an overcomplicated mess.

Cos there are formations that let you deep-strike charge turn 1, remove unit from table and then put it back next turn with all destroyed models back/all one-shot weapoins refuled, 5 wraithknights that add +1 to their MOVE, CHARGE, WS AND BS for each other wraithknght in formations (aka +5), ravenwing bikers with 2+ rerollable cover saves, riptide wing who can fire 4 TIMES per turn once per battle (but after this turn game is over, so who cares) and reroll nova reactors, and thats just few

That's sad. How can I save them? Will another bolter squad, a scout squad, a Deredeo dreadnought and a Predator suffice? Aiming at 1500

>What is wrong with formations in 7th?
They give varied bonus for taking specific units. Problem was some of these formations were just absurdly good - adding a huge bonus if you spammed already OP units (Riptidewings), or giving you free shit if you took enough models (Battle company, War convocation), things like that.
It wouldn't have been a problem if it was flavorful bonuses instead of game-breaking ones to sell models.

Rolled 1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 22 (10d3)

So should i just play guard now?

Until mortarian and angron come out.....

Why are people still looking at battle reports.

8th is out, I think a combined hundred or so games was played at my LGS in one day.

I've got well over two dozen games under my belt already if we include smaller/allied games too, average about 1~2 hours a match.

Go out and play. Stop watching shitty badrule youtubers play

Yeah saw it after my bad!

I feel like Mortarion will be overall tougher but hits less hard. Then Angron will be unholy hell on earth in melee.