MtG Hour of Devastation 28/06 Spoilers

>Vizier of Consecration
>Creature - Human Cleric

>When ~ enters the battlefied, search your library for a card with Embalm or Eternalize, put it in your graveyard, then shuffle your library.
>Whenever you Eternalize or Embalm, draw a card.

>Razaketh's Ritual
>Sorcery

>Search your library for a card and add it to your hand. Then shuffle your library.
>Cycling B

I really love the Vizier but damn 4 mana is a good chunk. Its a fair price but man.

Is it the international day of bad spoilers?

The Vizier looks strong, if only they print some good embalm creatures

Might work.

>buried alive effect
>in blue
I want off this fucking plane

Embalm's had its set, user. You're never going to see another Embalm card other than those already printed.

Eternalize, on the other hand, still has a few possibilities.

Embalm is UWand Eternalize seems UB
An Embalm/Eternalize tutor in blue isn't that far of a stretch

Good in limited everywhere else trash
Way overcosted not even cycling will save this
Again way overcosted
We dont have fast mana so in the trash its goes

>B
>Draw a card
Nice if you struggle to get to 40 cards in limited

Oh shut up you negative Nancy. Stop assessing everything through the lens of nonrotating formats.

But they're all awful even in standard.

I like this, it's like Into the Roil, but the kicker is an overcosted discard spell.

It's more like Disperse+

>Standard in 2017

Recoils bigger and much slower cousin. If you ever cast it for 7 this will be no joke.

That's been all week though

Interesting card but a tad too expensive to really be great.

The sphinx is mediocre, the ritual is slow but good for cycling, the desert is janky in anything but limited, and the only reliable card is the Into The Roil since it hits basically anything and doesn't need shit to be tapped. I'm surprised they printed that as an instant.

>5 mana at least
>YOUR graveyard
>Sorcery
It's like they had a good card at one point and dialed it back to oblivion.

>blue having psuedo reanimator

Why does blue do everything now? Why can't mono-black blow up enchantments but blue can do everything?

because blue is better than U

Blue's always been able to make token copies, these token copies just target the graveyard instead of the battlefield.

>Blue can do everything
>when it's been right above Red at the bottom of the power scale since Khans.
>when the only formats you see blue is Legacy and Commander
>when the only good blue cards are from innistrad and before

t. MaRo or former Hearthstone player

It scales very well! At 7 you get two 4/4s, and at 11 mana you get four 4/4s! Of course in most formats, limited especially, you should already be winning if you can make 11 mana.

>5 mana to pseudo-reanimate a single creature.

It's ehhhh?

Why the fuck can't it hit your opponent's graveyard anyway? The Scarab God does that.

>blue can reanimate now
>Body Double isn't a card
It's like you haven't actually been playing the game that long and are just parroting what older players say.

Or you know just play the scarab god.

because of limited, they probably think it'd be pretty insane to play this in the late game and not only flood the board but steal all your opponent's emblam/eternalize creatures.

The more they make us wait for Hazoret's Last _____, the more I worry it will just be some wide and weak pump spell for your creatures

I dunno, the red Gearhulk was the last revealed, and while not the most powerful it definitely was the most interesting.

I guess that makes sense. This is the limited format where they want us to pay 3 mana for a bolt. Can't have us having too much fun.

SPOILER:
Hazoret doesn't actually die, according to the art books. She's the one god that remains alive, leading the survivors of Amonkhet into the deserts after being bested by Bontu [who tries to sacrifice her to Nicol Bolas to prove her loyalty, only to get killed by Nicol Bolas] and after finally killing the Scorpion King by impaling him on an obelisk.

Its red, so it will most likely be garbage. Shame because Hazoret as a card is pretty good in all in aggro.

No jokes, no faking? Hazoret is my favorite of the Amonkhet Gods, so i will be happy if true.

Yeah it comes with the territory unfortunately, another great example is the hellion that bolts everything but costs 7, that thing would have probably been fine as a 5 mana 5/5 or 4/4 in standard but in limited that would be pretty insane.

got anymore of those page spoilers?

But assuming the card effect as any kind of flavor, doesn't that mean the scorpion god will eventually return?

Todays story showed the scorpion god being killed and returning

crumbled to dust after Oketra shot his head off, and immediately uncrumbled and killed kefnet and oketra

>The living initiatas managed to topple the scorpion god onto an obelisk

Uh

How?

Since when is reanimation part of Blue's suite of capabilities? Who fucking signed off on this? Why are they legitimately making Blue the best color? Is Maro somehow behind this?

Rip scorpion god forever remembered.

Samut planeswalked to dominaria for 5 minutes when she sparked and in that timeframe saw a dude giant growth himself, then she came back and giant growth'd everyone and they bullied scorp god.

WoTC apologists will point to pic related and pretend that this is somehow the same thing.

Shouldn't he go back to Bolas' hand?

Since Innistrad

>It's been every week since 2004 though

FTFY

Im not sure if people decrying this are just stupid or dont understand how the color pie works or if this epic pretending to be retarded level trolling or what. All colors can care about the graveyard if its on theme for a set, blue can make token clones, and making clone tokens of things in the graveyard doesnt infringe on any of blue's supposed weaknesses. Theres nothing wrong with this. Why did no one bitch about embalm like this? This is almost literally just embalming but on a spell which makes it even MORE blue.

nah dude he's just arrested, can't attack and block.

Pressumably being impaled on the obelisk will keep him stuck even if he regenerates

Hmmmmm

Thank you for your assessment. I had no idea how to feel about the cards before I read your post.

>filename

kek'd

HOT
SCORPION
DICK

> All colors can care about the graveyard if its on theme for a set

Alright. I'll buy that. is a good example of that. It still bugs me, but it makes a bit more sense now. Thanks for clearing that up.

>snek so shocked his monument is also flabbergasted

>Shuffle your library
gayyyy

G A R B A G E

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

Not bad? Could be worse at least?

remember red can't have fun, it always has to be random with them.

Wait wth?
When was then artbook released? I thought it was on july???

Without the ugly advert.

Oh for FUCK'S sake.

Go fuck yourselves Wizard.

I'm actually mad

>cast this
>reveal four lands
>tfw

That monument is all about what is about to happen next

A color can be made to care about pretty much anything, as long as it doesnt take away a weakness. Maro doesnt like hornet sting because its a non creature way to kill things that doesnt need you to have one, or hornet queen because green is supposed to have trouble with flyers and Hornet Queen is especially good at dealing with them, or chaos warp because it can kill enchantments with a high chance of not giving them anything in return and theyve arbitrarily decided red shouldnt be able to kill enchsntments, etc. A recebt example of a really weird thig a color did that it never reslly grts but could do because it doesnt invalidate any weaknesses is white being able to sac permanents in SOI to give the color a way to put things in the grave.

the artbooks have consistently been spoiled early since Battle for Zendikar.

Probably going to end up jamming this in a deck with Neheb and wildfire eternal

HAZORET? NOT MY NIGGA RHONAS? COME ONNNNNNNN.

>make garbage card where all the other cards in the cycle are very good for their cost
>call it undying fury

Are they trying to be meta?

Who is that shadow?

Rhonas existed to be worfed by the Scorpion God.

Got anything about Bolas himself?

Look like a scorpion's tail.

you'll get used to the weirdness as the sets go on.

Scorpion daddy.

This wouldn't even be playable without the land don't untap downside.

> Hazoret doesn't actually die she's the one god that remains alive, leading the survivors of Amonkhet into the deserts
>Samut planeswalked to dominaria for 5 minutes when she sparked and in that timeframe saw a dude giant growth himself, then she came back and giant growth everyone and they bullied scorp god.

This is the perfect storytelling. You might not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Amonkhet plot.

-The Gatewatch kill Razaketh, who bleeds into the Luxa river as the Hour of Revelation begins, revealing a huge necropolis and 3 sarcophagi

-The Scorpion God appears out of the first, slaying Rhonas who went out to meet it in combat.

-The Locust God comes next, his locusts devouring the Hekma and unleashing the desert.

-The Gatewatch fight to save the people, but Bolas only mocks them as they fight. Gideon is next to Oketra as she is also killed by the Scorpion God. Kefnet is also killed by the Scorpion God

-Bontu and Hazoret, the only 2 living Gods, fight to win the God-Pharoh's favour. Bontu incapitates Hazoret as she is also fighting to defend the people of Amonket. Bontu brings Hazoret to Bolas as an offering, but Bolas only kills Bontu. Hazorat escapes with her initates as Bolas faces the Gatewatch.

-The Scarab God emerges last, leading the Eternals, Bolas new immortal army. They retain the skills of their former lives, but none of their old memories.

-The Scorpion God chases after Hazoret, who are followed by Samut and Djeru. The two humans leads Hazorets remaining initiates against the Scorpion God and some Eternals, finally managing to impale the Scorpion God on an obilisk and kill it. Hazoret, as the last remaining free god, promises to protect the people of Amonket and the heart of it's people.

-It's unclear how Samut's Planeswalker spark ignites, but it occurs after she saves Hazoret from the Scorpion God. It may be possible it is due to his poison.

If any were going to live, did you really think egyptian snake god would live over thr god damn jackal?

-Bolas wants to humiliate the Gatewatch and show them his power. He starts by baiting Jace into reading his mind to learn his secrets and plans. Jace falls for it and Bolas crushes his mind. The catatonic Jace planeswalks away. He targets Liliana next, forcing her to use the Chain Veil, and then completely overpowering her despite it. She retreats as well. Nissa tries to use the life force and leylines of the plane, but Bolas has warped them to the point that death is stronger than life magic. Chandra tries to overpower him with pyromancy, but Bolas simply grabs her in his palm. She flees before being crushed to death.

-As the last standing member, Bolas taunts Gideon about his failure to lead the Gatewatch. His invulnerability is useless against Bolas's strength and he too is forced to flee before being impaled on his claws.

>Hour of Devastation is going to be the only time besides Conflux where the name of a card in the set is the same name as the set itself
>Both times it's the result of Bolas scheming

What does it mean?

KEFNET THE ETERNAL INCOMING

>most expensive of the cycle
>really unreliable effect
People sure aren't kidding when they say Red gets shafted.
The only remotely good thing about this is the art with Hazoret using her spear/bident as a flamethrower.

>the gatewatch get defeated
>lol j/k

god fucking damn it why won't they die???

>there is no need to be upset

Hazoret before she was brainwashed along with Oketra, was one of the only gods to last stand Bolas, if anything its surprising Oketra bites it as well.

It means that MaRo fantasizes about Bolas balls.

>Scorpion God kills the other gods
>They're indestructible, but he does -1/-1 counter stuff

Actually a good example of mechanical representation of flavor.

They were defeated, they just weren't killed.

That's clearly Dwayne Johnson.