When the fuck is the Imperial Guard going to get new shit...

When the fuck is the Imperial Guard going to get new shit? It's been over 10 years since the last army released (Vostroyians) and even though Cadia was fucking rekt in a huge narrative story we haven't received a new model.

>2k17
>Astra Millitarum
>relevant

Soon, I hope. I really like the direction Forge World have been taking their models, especially in terms of scale. Speculation right now is that now that Cadia is no more either the focus is going to shift to another regiment as the poster boys (Vostroyans please) or we're going to get redone Cadians. There were new Catachan sculpts a couple of years ago I think, so they're definitely interested in updating the range. Right now the focus is on NuMarines unfortunately.

yeah, Imperial guardfu pls

What about the Tempestus stuff?

Neophyte hybrids are taller than current space marines. Are you ready for GI Cadian to be that tall too? Dark days for MK VIII

No one gives a shit about tempestus

> Not wanting an Age of Mortals
> Not that we will ever get what we want

Would have loved to see plastic Kasrkins with the Fall of Cadia stuff, at least the Sisters got a new Celestine.

Never.

Pure garbage. They should smash up the molds and fire whoever greenlit such shitty fedora steampunk models were acceptable.

Scions are not that bad, would have prefered if the old stormies were still around too.

The Taurox is still horrible.

Within the next three months. Probably August. Cap this.

There's a lot of variety the Guard can have which makes it hard to pick which regiment should be the main one for the new models. It's not like Space Marines where they are barely different. Someone recommended doing a kit where it's essentially a kit bash kit with tons of pieces you could make a lot of different models out of. I think that'd be amazing, but will never be done. GW is aiming towards easier to build and easier to paint models because GW are the normie tabletop games. Kids and normal people can't do conversions or paint well.
They are awesome. I wish we'd get a couple of new infantry kits. Or just plastic versions of the metal ones we have now.

They really suck. They kind of teased us with new art of the 3rd ed storm troopers in the 5th ed codex then made some warmachine knockoff guys. The storm trooper molds were great and the aesthetics should have been carried over. Also they took an MRAP and made it crappier. Seriously that thing looks like crap. It's like they wanted people to ignore it for the chimera. On a side note the Hydra model looks like shit. The FW model form 15 years ago looks so much better.

What new units would you like to see for the guard?

Nothing really. Just updated models and maybe some Rough Rider models.

Yeah but they're part genestealer which would be taller than even primaris marines if they didn't hunch over and crouch.

Honestly never noticed the scaling was different until now. Tallarn Desert Raiders would be my pick as IG poster boys because Cadia, Mordia, and Armageddon are under control/siege by Chaos.

Squats are alive.

They've made a big deal of Armaggedon recently, and Steel Legion look pretty cool.
I could see them promoting those.

But Armageddon is half a daemon world with Orks on the other half. Fluffwise how could the Steel Legion leave home to fight elsewhere when their own world is going down?

>Tallarn Desert Raiders

Go put a towel on your head.

Vostroyans or nothing.

> Vostroyans please
God I hope so. I love the Vostroyan's baroque technology look. It's uniquely 40k, and I'm disappointed that this iconic look is relegated to an hard-to-get regiment, when it should be front and center for the imperial guard.
Although it is very time-consuming and tricky to paint, compared to Cadians with their flat, functional armor and fatigues, so it makes sense that Vostroyans aren't IG poster boys.

I had planned to get Vostroyans to replace my normal Cadians as my primary infantry. Looking at how much there is to paint, I think I'm going to settle with them being 1 vet squad. They are so much more in depth to paint.

That's a solid plan. I have a minimum strength Vostroyan platoon but I've only painted 6 models. I find it really hard to motivate myself to start--and once I do start, I find it strangely stressful to paint them. I'm always worrying about forgetting a detail, missing to wash some part, or overlooking some out-of-the-lines painting error. I sweat like crazy when I paint Vostroyans!

You should Google "Polish szlachta" then.

I can only imagine. I looked at the models and I was thinking about how stressful it would be. Cadians are nice and comfy to paint and you can do a bunch at once. I was more stressed out painting my Catachan as penal legion models and those aren't even too complex. Some of the ministorum models I've built as count as lately will also be complex and stressful.

I liked the concept art. The execution was awful since they still have early-CAD gorilla proportions.

>Fluffwise how could the Steel Legion leave home to fight elsewhere when their own world is going down?

Just like Cadian regiments did, a good chunk of the Regiments where in other warzones while Abaddon was trying to take Cadia.

Would you meet in the middle and be ok with Maccabian Janissaries?

These are cool.

>When the fuck is the Imperial Guard going to get new shit?
Never, remember, the new poster boyz are the "Spess-spess-meehreens"
Something new in the "aircraft" field.

Vostroyans have always been how I imagined Ye Olde Imperial Army rather than the """modern"""" guard, which I think would have a more desperate, mass-produced, minimal-effort armour design.

Less embossed cuirasses of the Grand Armée and more 1942 Red Army. Steel Legion have always been more my idea of the 'iconic' Imperial Guardsmen, if there is such a thing.

But I definately agree that the Cadians are a quite flat and generic looking army that doesn't do the baroque nature of 40k justice.

Scions models are fine, you're overexaggerating.

The fluff however....whoever wrote that codex should be taken out back and shot.

Why should the worst faction get anything?

I think the Guard have a solid roster of different units, they're not really missing anything (except for a replacement for the Taurox, the moulds of which should be melted down, exorcised then used to create SoBs) they just need some new infantry models.

Really, what I'd like to see is a really versatile core of kits, a command kit, an infantry kit and a heavy weapons kits, then a selection of regimental add-on kits, similar to Forgeworld's legion customisation stuff, so you can make a variety of different styles of IG stuff from the same core boxes.

Stuff like the Scions coming with enough heads to build either full respirator equipped ones, or full berets, depending on how you wanted them to look, is a good start.

Because GW thinks that Chaos needs some love!

Something like the ciurrent cadians but with proportions that actually make sense, plus a sprue of different heads (pith helmets, ushankas, forage caps, gasmasks etc etc) and some options for greatcoat legs would be the best way to do it imo.

Which means they'll do nothing of the sort.

>CSM getting love

lol

Ababby's model is old enough to drink

Some kind of new sentinel or something to match my mecha autism, or at least new rulewise units.

Like Grenadiers Rough Riders with caparese armor and power sabers, Veteran Sentinels/Tempestus Sentinels/Sentinel Hero, Command Chimera, etc.

Is that a lasgun nozzle on a bolter ? Also 0 trigger discipline

Their lasguns are made to look like bolters