/HHG/ The Horus Heresy General Thread

user likes the idea of using Primaris special characters to represent 30K characters, marks of Terminator armour and possible new 30K plastic boxed kits were discussed, Age of Strife fanfiction briefly got mentioned and more, all in the last thread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 ()

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HH is dead and these threads are a hollow mockery of what once was.

KYS

Nigger shut up no one likes you

I expect it's going to get a lot worse since I'm expecting Angelus will be delayed.
Gone are the times of scananon and the rest

Tried it, didn't work. My new existence in this hollow shell is an agony beyond even my earlier failures...

Angelus will be written by John French as well. So it'll be very different from Bligh's old books.

It'll be interesting to see what the differences are, at any rate.

Scanon is still among us. He just got pissed because someone insulted him. Anyway, we got Inferno scanned when it came out so we'll get Angelus as well

I thought scanon no longer had access to a high quality scanner anymore?

That we were going to enter the age of (gasp) shitty cropped photos?

Why would someone insult the only productive member of this general?

Anyway, he himself said that Inferno would be the last book he scanned, since he was leaving uni

If money, time and modelling skill were not issues what armies would people have?

>My choices.
Ironwing Dark Angels list
Ravenwing Dark Angels list
Orbital Assault Dark Angels list
Thousand Sons of some format or other
Ordo Reductor list
Smaller Blackshields force
Custards allied/ZM force
SoS allied/ZM force

Also opinions on using these as Reductor Demolisher artillery?

who knows, Veeky Forums is full of people doing stupid things.
I don't know user but it will probably be in the internet on launch date be it via scanon or via russian bros

Legio mortis by the time of the siege of Terra, no doubt

No, I agree with . Gone are the times of the Thread Eaters, understandably so because not only we haven't had new releases, not only stuff IS happening on 40kg, but we're literally getting left behind on a STOPGAP edition. I can't stress this enough: we're waiting on a stopgap edition instead of transitioning to 8E, and we have to depend on Bolter and Chainsword to give us 8E 30k Homebrewed rules.
We didn't do it, they did.
Because we're fucking dead! We didn't get shit done.
40kg may be cancerous, but we're stagnant. And considering French will write Angelus , for IW and ALphags we're actually waiting, with cautious optimism, on fucking cancer as well.

He's not, user. None of them are.

user, I'm of the few that doesn't have much of a problem with the roleplay, but drill the barrels on that damn thing.

I've been meaning to, but my drill bits broke and I'll be pretty busy the next couple of weeks.

Not sure why people care so much about drilled barrels, but I'll admit it looks better on large guns like the old, chubby autocannons.

We will get a new HH plastic set, we'll get angelus and then good times will come. We are not dying, HHG is like this between black books

DON'T SAY THAT AGAIN

What if there's nothing left by then? What if Angelus isn't until the middle of next year? What of there isn't a plastic HH Box this year as some rumormongers have claimed?

I'd like to add to your points with another one: the disappointment that was Inferno.

With all the other books, they lasted us at least for a couple of months, but Inferno lasted for a fucking month at most. I just hope Angelus will be better.
In what way are we not dying? We used to go through two or three threads a day, now a single one keeps us alive for days.

And you think this is bad? Just wait until the BL series ends, and this general is nothing but waiting for the next FW book.

We once hoped Inferno would save us, and it didn't.
Now we aren't even hoping Angelus and its stopgap edition will do anything for us. What do you think the result will be, user?
Hope doesn't die at last. We do. It's the time between one and the other that which hurts.
100% agreed, but we're not really hoping much for Angelus. Prove me wrong, destiny! Now is your fucking chance!

BL will continue for some years. Then they'll start with the great scouring as well as FW so we are safe in that aspect

>We live in ruins of what was once glorious, some of us are arrogant, others are damn deviants
Are we the fucking eldar now?!

We all know the BL books are pretty awful these days though.

Don't forget the trolls

Outside content is irrelevant when there's something wrong with the general itself.

When was the last time some OC image macro was posted, or a new meme was invented? Did Inferno even produce any memes at all? Such things are the lifeblood of any general, and without them we will never regain what has been lost

They never were great. BL books have always been ok or pure trash

>know no fear
>a thousand sons
>path of heaven

Idk I'm not in a hurry to get to 8th. Its very bland (yes, I know there are no codexes yet). Plus they do stuff like release chapter rules for csm 4 months before the edition change and then leave them out of the books

All of them ok

I have to ask why we have a General constantly up when it's only a magnet for shitposting and stale memes? We could go back to old times when the first HH Books came out and only have a periodic thread created when there's actually something to talk about or work with. There was no dedicated HH General until after Conquest came out, and maybe returning to those times and giving this a break for a few days might do us all a world of good.

I have no fucking idea. Even the shitposters are leaving, I haven't seen Stormwhalefag around in a while. To be fair, there has actually been some slow but quality discussion on the non-Astartes armies who don't have 7e ports of all their stuff.

By the standards of serious literature, yes.

By the standards of modern sci-fi, veritable Tolstoys

I'd say that's true, but it's FW we're talking about here. You know FW can't help their obsessive writers to add a shitton of special abilities and "but" and "howevers", even in 8E. Just look at their IA Indices for 8E: stuff appears to contain actual rules instead of GW's [reroll N].
That's what we'd get for 30k.
Actual rules that would make 40k envious.
>If you tell me that doesn't appease to you, Kharn, I'll call you a liar.

I suppose we are the only fucking thread in Veeky Forums which loses population in summer

>Appeal
>Appease

You fucker

I do learn new words with BL, I must admit.
t. Bellicose^11

Tell me about the Coronus, /hhg/. Is it any good? How to best use it? It seems huge and unwieldy and sorta flimsy for what it is.

Looks like custodes players are away at the moment. I only play against marines so ruleswise I don't know but at least custodes vehicles look really cool now we only need flying rhinos

Semen is actually great for thinning paints.

Unless you're a primarine you aren't allowed one. So says Cawl's AI secretary.

Did you photoshop away some of the guns? It looks less well-armed than I remember

Ahhh metiocre!

>cry about how space marines have no main battle tank for forty years
>suddenly a challenger appears
>cry about how it's got like guns and shit on it, that's not fair, space marines are supposed to have predators with less flexibility than a dev combat squad

Butthurt Eldar poster detected.

Remove eldar.

>cry about how space marines have no main battle tank for forty years

...the fuck is a Predator then? If a Predator isn't a MBT most factions don't have one.

Remind me, who's the tank faction again: the mortals or the space marines?
Answer: the space marines are the army that has it ALL, and are even the only faction in the galaxy to have 2+/3++ armoured squads. Not even the Necrons, masters of technology, have that one.
Space marines shouldn't have everything ever.

What happened to the discord link?
For that matter, what happened to the discord?

We have more activity than this thread, apparently.
discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b

pls restrict use of @all

But marines are GW's posterboy, of course they're going to give them everything

With all the new chadmarine shit, the amount of units available to marines must be at least double some of the other main faction's, like tau and dark eldar

not that I'm really complaining though, space marines are the most recognisable part of 40k and the part that usually draws most people in

You need 4.
And 91 custodes.
And a waffle.

AWG has gone, but so to did the good trips, and it's more comfy with more good models, although still hate this guys bases which distract from the rest of his work, but I'm an IW so maybe I just want an excuse to be bitter

because it meant poorfagts had acess to books, meaning we had shitposters that couldn't even afford recasts commenting, not him but talked to that person often.

/hhg/ discord still exists, but if you were in it and openly said you were under 18 you got kicked, but don't make a whole post about it to prevent thread wars like in /gsg/ and it's respective steam groups
t. owner of server

HH will definitely suffer from being harder to get into, and from using marinelets... but now that 40k's fluff is increasingly infantile there will still be good reasons to join the Heresy train.

First we need to know what the rules are going to be. Is FW ignoring the 40k FAQ and bringing back multibombing? That absolutely affects my army... I can't really start building until I know if I need ranged anti-tank or if I can count on Outriders/Attack Bikes with melta-bombs.

Shut up.

>elitism
>in a board game about burly men toys fighting

>being able to live without tribalism
Even utopias like the third Paris commune and revolutionary catalonia had it

Sounds decadently homo to me.

>Tfw the original 2W marines who don't need 3 undisclosed extra organs for +1W

>Tfw didn't need ANY fancy geneseed for 3W and FnP 6+, and are cheaper to make.

How can Astartes even compete?

> Literal retard

How indeed

>like... dark eldar
Don't remind them we exist. They'll touch the faction again and ruin what little we have left.

Angelus will almost certainly cause some kind of juicy shit when it hits. Blood Angels and Dark Angels are THE most iconic legions just behind Ultramarines and SoH.

The fact it's taken them this long to get a book was a stunt in and of itself. Now we have to patiently wait and hope that it pays off.

Here, have a Baneblade turret. There's no Baneblade to put it on yet, I just had it spare.

Just as iconic as the Space Wolves and Thousand Sons, right?

But I agree with you, just the Dark Angels themselves with all their secrets and arcane WMDs will be worth the price of admission.

Sanguinius is going to be broken as fuck.

Someone actually explained the reasoning behind the Caladius > Coronus argument before, but I can't remember all the details.

Something to do with the Coronus attracting a lot more fire due to being both closer than a Caladius would be, and also carrying an expensive squad of Custodes inside of it. And that the Coronus is more limited in its targets than the Caladius.

>tfw your Archon will never be able to ride a jetbike

Oh, I don't have a single doubt that this is going to be the most broken book yet.

>DA with all their bullshit equipment and rites of war
>Sanguinus
>deep strikes, deep strikes everywhere

How did you have a baneblade turret spare? Fucking madman

>Be me
>Night Lord
>OP rules
>Still job legion

I think I just slit my wrists with my edge

>DA have universal deepstrike
>only let down is high points cost

>Richard Wagner's classic Flight of the Jobbers starts playing in the background

BA you mean? The angel memes are going to be the worst.

>Angelus
>Dark Angels
>Blood Angels
>Fucking Nigh Lords?

To quote user from another thread:
i can be ur angle or ur demon

Well, FW said Angelus is gonna bring diabolism into 30k, so maybe we'll see non-WB daemon alliances and stuff? I sure hope so, I've wanted to get some Nurgle daemons for my DG.

They have to give us a daemon list because the 7th ed. Daemon codex is out of production. Daemons will presumably be added to the allies table in the FW rulebook, along with Talons of the Emperor.

It’s probably fortunate that the next book will feature two of the most popular legions. I’m personally a White Scars fan, but if the first book after 8th ed. 40k featured them as the only new legion (along with some Tallarn stuff, probably), it wouldn’t generate enough momentum to save 30k.

If the BA/DA book isn’t a big seller, it’ll be a clear sign that FW needs to move to 8th asap. If it does surprisingly well, staying in 7th may start looking like a good idea and maybe they could commit to it by making more changes to it.

They have as much reason to stay in 7th as they did staying in 6th. They just didn't have enough time to do all their lists (god knows it takes years to write a few unit entries and even fuck those up).

Is the Castigator bad enough on the tabletop to warrant being pic related level of sad and grumpy?
He seems depressed.

I hear the Casty is the worst ForgeWorld Knight, but I was really tempted to put together a Malinax Knight detachment for my Ordo Reductor, specced for maximum War Crimes. Acheron, Atrapos, Castigator and one regular Knight Magnetos. Does he still do OK even without being able to give his enemy the Big D?

Never again I fear.

Thanks GW, that was only one of the three most popular Archon builds.

>Anyway, he himself said that Inferno would be the last book he scanned, since he was leaving uni
He said that, then Inferno got delayed, then he purchased a scanner, IIRC.

What kind of traitor propaganda is this?

I remember he scanned something AFTER posting the scans of Inferno. What was that?

>Did Inferno even produce any memes at all?
There were edicts.

Master of Prospero I think.
Which was good of him to waste his time on something so fucking bad.

Why 1920 points rather than 2k? I suspect an element of The Joke has been aimed a tad high.

I'll have you know there's been attempting banter pretty solidly since things started going to shit but apart from like 2 other people everyone else was either too stupid to understand the bants or too easily triggered to josh about the srs bsnss that is the horus heresy.
A general can exist without OC, drama and yer precious identities, it can't survive if the active posters are tetchy, touchy twats who just want to post their shit opinion into the electronic void and not have it generate discussion.

>Lemon is 455
>so he can actually be in any army 1820 points or over
Welp, I fucked up.

I never looked at the model of the Castigator too much before, but holy shit is that Gatling-Shield ridiculous.

I thought Lords of War only became enabled at 2k or above in HH anyway, or is that just because nobody would actually bring one below 2k? Whatever, good edict regardless.

So which is it, am I not a good trip or did you think my vigilance could ever end?

Weird to see a marine with a heavy stubber

Have a request: Does anyone have a link to download for the Thousand Sons by McNeill in audiobook form? I've got a trip this weekend and would love to listen to it...but don't want to spend $40 on it because that's crazy for an audiobook.