Tfw you actually prefer right to left

>tfw you actually prefer right to left

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/tCOHn
youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A
ledauphine.com/vaucluse/2013/11/22/orange-l-ancien-legionnaire-au-foulard-du-mali-condamne-hier-pour-s-etre-presente-avec-une-kalachnikov-dans-une-pharmacie
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>6'1"
>5'11"

t. manlet

It's kind of an unfair comparison, a modern dynamic sculpt to an old static one. That the one on the left is a Primaris marine is kind of irrelevant.

That being said, I can also understand why some people prefer more simple and easy to read miniature designs compared to the modern tendency towards overdesigned dynamism.

Then you're going to be swimming in cheap models soon.

Manlet meme aside, the one on the left is just ridiculously overdesigned and utterly unsubtle. Sometimes less is more, guys.

>mfw two threads about triggering chad memers with manlets pop up within about 10 minutes

>That 90s painting on the primarine
ngggghhhh

t. manlet

>overdesigned
Actually I'm happy primaris aren't that overdesigned, I was afraid they were going to be AoS kind of overdesigned and they actually look nice, simple and smooth

I mean, that's the whole point of Marines. They are supposed to be flashy and colorful because they are wearing extremely resistant armor. They are supposed to run out and be nigh indestructible.

They are so boring though. They are literally Superman tier boring. I wish I liked Marines, I do. I wouldn't feel so left out at the shop as everyone sits there talking about Marines and Marine books. The stories they talk about are so uninteresting though. No one has any personality, I'm just so confused. I don't get the appeal.

That's why I go for chapters like the Legion of the Damned for the death metal aesthetics or Black Templars where they're basically crusaders in space because it's not just generic space marines.

Maybe I should look into some of those. I want to be able to add something to the conversation.

Anyone got any book recommendations that would turn around someone who doesn't care much for Marines?

>r9kucks

When will they learn?

Gotta say, models aside, the primaris is painted Very nicely.
Surely a step above the standard box art tier painting.

Dis nigga gets it.

Edgymarines (order) or bust

t. manlet

Ultramarines suffer from superman syndrome, but there are plenty of interesting space marine chapters that don't fall into the same trap. Black templars are my personal favourite, stories like "the visitors" portray them as more terrifying to the common imperial citizen then the orks they slaughter. imgur.com/gallery/tCOHn

Then you have the red scorpions, literal space nazis, the carcharodons and flesh tearers, insane murder cultists, and so on.
The default supermen are bland as shit yes, which is why GW has been pushing UM's roman aesthetic more recently, but space marines as a whole work brilliantly as a frame for interesting ideas to fill.

>book
just read the codices and whatnot, don't bother with novels, they just make every chapter sound boring.

Space Marines are about gimmicks: slapping a specific warrior archetype over the basic space supersoldier template.

So with black templars you got fanatical crusaders, with blood angels you got vampire knights with renaissance imagery, with dark angels you got gothic monk knights etc...

If the basic gimmick of a chapter hooks you up and sparks your imagination, that's all you should need

This.

Space Marines are a framework for you to hang tons of baroque decorations and imagery upon. That's why they're popular: they're easily customizable and you can get really creative with them.

It's because they decided to make Marines brainwashed religious fanatics with no sense of humor. Literally the boring collection of traits a character can have.

They should have kept marines as psychopathic super soldiers, at least that would have left them open to having some kind of personality.

brainwashed religious fanatics ARE a kind of psychopath.

>be the size of imperial guard soldier
>see this thread and people complaining about size

My fucking giga sides

>yfw chaos marines will get extremis chaos space marines when their codex is released

Fair enough. I guess I'll look through the indexes and codices and see what pops out some.

Primaris marines apparently have hobbies and personalities now, just like great crusade era marines, so Horus Heresy 2.0 impending.
And, I mean, I for one love the warrior monk side of space marines, and space wolves, despite how much I hate their faction's lore and models, are actually usually written interestingly. It very often comes down to the writer, ADB made the fucking emperor boring.

I guess, but the brainwashing and fanaticism makes their personalities monotone.
>Primaris marines apparently have hobbies and personalities now
Hmm, maybe GW finally realized they were writing themselves into a corner with the whole knightly monk thing.

There are so many different Chapters that you'd think they had the space to allow both.

Space Marines have always had hobbies, usually something to do with craftsmanship and fine arts.
Chapter artificers aren't the only ones who decorate armors and guns

40k is kill

Ow the edge

Guy's called Garfy, he's got all sorts of Marines in his army, old and new. Shows how much a modern paintjob can affect the older minis.

is that a good or a bad 'nggggghhh' ?
could be a bit of an orgasmic one

Oh no, skuuuulls

>WAAAH WAAAH 40K SHOULDNT BE EDGY
the skull mask is their only redeeming quality

So happy to not be a Marine player. I would be super butt roasted about the new models and how my old ones will be ignored or just straight up look like shit next to the new biggins.

Why is this edgy?

it's like that user doesn't realize the entire setting is like GOTHIC SKULLS AND DEATH< BUT FUCKING YUGGGE

I count at least 22 skulls. Did I miss any?

I got 24.

>2 skulls
These guys are actually pretty tame when it comes to skull count.

marines are basically doomguy just less cool than him. Personality is for fags rip and tear.

OW DA EDG ITS SO EDGEE

>when your too edgy for the french foreign legion and they get mad at you for wearing a skull mask
thanks for source user.

>Alpha Legion already has the Primaris Geneseed

I really hope that just becomes their unique theme.

>t. 5ยด11 "male"

Sorry, but you're no competition for Chad Thundercock and neither are your marinlets.

I like them.

I think they're better models, I hate the fucking lore. That said I still acknowledge that it exists since it is a thing, and depending on the army would probably use a few in some situations if I get into muhreens.

Do you eat mud for dinner? With shit taste like that, it would surely be a heavenly dish.

>2016 Doomguy has no personality

one on the left looks easier to paint without having to worry about glue fucking up the paint.

>t. mid to low tier painter.

>remove Robert Downey shoes
>make them more static, so you don't have entire army of marines all doing the same epic hero pose
>make them regular marines without fucking up the fluff, people can suspend their disbelief when playing the game with toy soldiers holding a gun bigger than his entire body
fixed

90s plastics are the best miniatures GW ever made. Not an inch of pretentious overdetailing on them.

I agree with you on overdetailing. Way to much gubbins on most new models IMO.

This fucking garfy guy can make the proper old shit look good. pic related.

>sign up for 25mm game
>oops 28mm
>oops 34mm or however fucking tall Primaris are
>also at some point they altered base sizes
>at least Epic is coming b--
>oops 8mm

Yep, a lot of the old stuff you only ever see in faded scans of printed White Dwarfs, which never helps a sculpt; but with a modern approach even the goofiest monopose plastics can look pretty sharp.

>pretentious overdetailing
This is what you call having quality molds, got you.

>sonic weaponry
>terror tactics like flaying enemies and hanging them from trees

Oh no Guilliman baby what is you doing?

>lul so edgy
Yes, there has never been something this edgy available for vanilla space marines ever.
Absolutely ever.

It's a direct quote of this legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cx8sl2uC46A

Paint them black and they look like the coalition troops from rifts

nah. They just can't live with flat surfaces. Gotta put some gubbins on it not matter how shit it gets.

I love all of these. Does any company still make miniatures like these?

nice video.

I have never been parodied so goddamn well.

returning the the hobby Veeky Forums,

should I start deathwatch?

It's not absurd enough. One skull makes it look like someone thought a skull mask would be genuinely cool. A dozen skulls is GRIMDARK and hilarious.

No, you should be a Salamander, friend.

Obviously you shouldn't because deathwatch has too much going on on their models. lel

We Infinity now

So they're power armored scouts.

what the f

>dynamism
the right one is so based exactly because it is not dynamic but stoic. it say
>i don't give a shit that you shoot at me, my armour and the emperor's blessing will keep me safe, xeno faggot

t. GW employee samefag

i like mine more futuristic special forces style

t. conspiracy manlet

kek

I like them alot also. Thinking of making my chapter a raven guard sucessor that has a high amount of the dudes.

the new models aren't even close to being my favorite marine models.

t. caught red-handed GW employee on damage control

You can pick up a lot of this kind of stuff on eBay cheap. Reaper Bones, Oakboumd and em4 spring to mind too, generally they're quite old school.

t. "everyone I don't agree with is a GW employee on psyops" short person

Ditto. Probably not all using that head, but the slimmed down armor looks good for a stealth chapter. Just grab some of the arms from the other kits when I need some Intercessors or Hellblasters.

Just need to wait for the normal kits so I'm not stuck with the 3 same monopose models.

I think beakie heads would look nice also. Im probably gonna fill in the leg gap though.

Basic humans are still 28mm tall, and It's always been marketed as 28mm (HEROIC GAISE) for as long as I can remember.

Chad marines are ok, but this is new level of hype.
No terrible gorget, no huge chestpice ornament.
I can already see them running across the battlefield shouting "outta my way, chaos fucking shits"

good nggghh

>special traning and wargear
>it's knife and bolt-pistol
Top kek

That wasn't the legion, that was public opinion, thanks to the "scary photo of a scary death soldier" photo being published for the average cvilian faggots to be upset over.

>"This image is not representative of France's action in Mali," French military spokesman Colonel Thierry Burkhard said at a news conference.

Original source no longer exists, but there is a shitty escapist write up.

Either way you take bullets for their political aims, and they cry about skull masks.

ledauphine.com/vaucluse/2013/11/22/orange-l-ancien-legionnaire-au-foulard-du-mali-condamne-hier-pour-s-etre-presente-avec-une-kalachnikov-dans-une-pharmacie

You have to trnslate it with google from frog.

That picture fucked his whole life up. I knew I read it somewhere.

To person who did this, thank you

The skull mask in that picture looks way cooler than the ones on the actual models.

Kek

>Skull helmets
>Edgy

So edgy and never seen before, 40k is truly dead

>wearing assless chaps

This has gone too far.

I don't like that particular 2E sculpt, but I do prefer both Primaris and marinelets. I have a lot of resin guys with entirely mixed marks, like Mk IV helmet, Mk V chest and legs, Mk III shoulders, etc.

The one on the left is a fucking ranking officer. You're comparing an HQ to the lowest trooper.

Looks mostly fine but what the fuck is going on with their greaves?

Looks like they're wearing the power armour equivilent of shorts and trainers.