Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

fear the Dreadknight edition

Previous: >FAQ:
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/09/forge-world-faq-july9gw-homepage-post-4/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:

>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>other MEGAs
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (chart user doing god's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yvBilhOALZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Join the greater good.

What faggot removed the snide memes from the list builder entry in the OP post? Disgusting.

am I KAWAIIIIIIII

>ClothingBonusToCharisma.gif

Anyone around here been to The Vault in Kutztown? Good prices? Good Selection?

First for Ork Tankhammers

>greater good
>posts elves

thatsadude.exe

IRON WARRIORS REPORT IN

Let's say, one of the sisters of battle turned out to be a psyker. How fucked is she?

>Venerable Contemptor
>fenresian greataxe & blizzard shield
>two heavy flamers
Reasonable?

Apparently enclosed Salamanders are a thing the Steel Legion have in fluff. Did they ever have models?

Shut the fuck up and build a trench already

She'd be identified in the schola and send over to telepathica for training. With the typical zeal and willpower the sisters have she'd stand a good chance of making it through and being assigned a non-shit post, maybe as astropath to her order. Way better off than the average Joe McWitchcraft.

Depends how good she is at bluffing. She might be able to pass it off as a gift and become a Saint.

nah they where FW only and open topped at that
i really want a salamander to

It didn't add anything m8.

>I play tau

Honestly speaking, I thought Iron Warriors do not use daemons, no?

why don't people just put a link to battlescribe?

it's free and works perfectly fine. There are a few errors here and there, but it's more than passable

But that means she'd be kicked out of her order, right?

I've only recently found out they got canned. Was that recent?

Is it new Gundam suit?

Because these autists can't figure it out user

Well, yes. She'd leave her order and join Astra Telepathica, then get a post with either them or another organization like the Guard or a noble house.

Not a bad idea. How would you suggest running the spear guy?

Keep posting dioramas.

>leviathan platform
>Dreadknight sword
>blizzard shield
Seems reasonable to me, it'll be rightly expensive but Killy as fuck

Are Scions viable now?

Ok, thanks. Like I said in other thread, I want to put her in my army as a primaris psyker and give her a battle sister squad as a bodyguards/guards. I like the idea of her former sisters guarding her but also keeping an eye on her so they can torch the bitch down if she goes batshit crazy.

Oh, and here's how to make those ork buildings.

That's perfectly viable, have fun converting.

Anyone know a hood place to buy custom transfers?
I have an idea for a Primaris Dusk Raiders army and I suck absolute balls at free-handing

The miniature's so great it doesn't need converting imo. She even has sororitas symbol on her, so...

Scions + conscripts are IG bread and butter now.

You could try making your own.
>youtube.com/watch?v=yvBilhOALZg

>pssshhht, nothing personel, kid

don't know when exactly
but at the very least over 2 years ago
probably longer ago though

>you will never play a game like this
Feels bad

The stone spear is a bit off, though I suppose you could just paint it as a fancy crystal on a bent metal staff.

>I don't play tau

What?

If a model has 2 chainswords does it get 2 extra attacks per turn?

Yeah and it is pretty cool, it even move like a Dom.

Going with my gut here:
>Venerable Contemptor
>dreadnought chainfist
>twin lascannon
>two heavy flamers

Same answer as the last 5 times you asked :yes, but only with those chain swords

Those remind me of FW "photos", i really love when they do stuff like that

Fallout hobbies make great custom decals

The Leviathan seems a tad huge for this. I'd use that for the Telemon, if at all.

Salamander is also the name of an IG tank.

Need to give him a skull helmet so his REEEEs can reduce everyone's Ld by 1.

Size doesn't matter, killing power does. The spear one is actually as tall as a leviathan, though. Just a little slimmer

>the captain casually posing while everyone else is desperately fighting for their lives
Kek

big time

>can have a senior officer style HQ
>full squads can take four special weapons
>plasma and volley guns got better
>taurox primes are fucking value
>-2 on the basic hotshots is always relevant

Is taurox prime spam brrrtttttttttttt viable?

So I haven't heard anyone talk about the hq-builder website. It's doesn't have all the armies Atm, but it seems to work alright and I haven't checked but the points values have usually been right. Am I missing something?

It's literally one of the most efficient gun platforms in the game. To the point of almost but not quite being broken.

Not wolf enough

>the single zoat in the middle of the image
Bring back zoats.

Beat me to it.

what's the best way to fill slot bases ? I have 20 of them and I don't want to use greenstuff to do that.

> Primaris
> Dusk Raiders

ZOATS and SQUATS

It's either slightly under or slightly over 100 points depending on your preference of secondary weapon, and what I'd consider the best transport in the game.

Sprue.

Literally any kind of modeling clay
Just go to your local craft shop and buy a ton of it for dirt cheap

>please log in to access this page
Yeah, nah.

Oh god sorry, my autism.

It is a shame their model got squated

If you can get Chinacast, Vultures Hovering with Punisher Gatlings and a Fleet Officer painting targets is scary for a bit more points.

Single sheet of plasticard will last you for a hundred bases or more.

bluetack covered in superglue to harden it if you really dont want to use green stuff. then just base over it like normal.

Or cut bitts of the sprue to size and glue it in place. doesnt have to be a perfect fit because the sand or whatever you base it with should cover the gaps that it missed

>And here is where a significant number of our few thousand Grey Knights who have to cover the entire galaxy were cut down by dime-a-legion Lesser Daemons, thus lessening the defenxes for thousands of worlds. Nobody noticed, because the one Grey Knight assigned to that Sector never showed up anyway

Did GW ever answer the question about how Space Marines can have any meaningful impact on a galactic scale? They've shown they understand an inkling of what that means with the Admech marching billions of Skitarii around the place, even if we're meant to take the "and then the squad killed 10000 Xenos" as anything but propaganda one million men minus casualties is stupid. That's less than the population of Birmingham, or one Battle of the Somme.

Could 5 terminator squads kill/hurt a primarch? (Lore)

Only a scrub one like Perturabo.

5 random terminators?

No, probably not even 50

>Perturabo
>Scrub
Dorn please go

Warhammer is not meant to make sense.

Fair enough, I already had a spam-tier email that I use for such things.

Depends

5,000,000 terminators could not kill Vulkan

Didn't perty take on a load of terminators by himself, and win, at phall?

About the only good thing he did at phall though.

No.
I am fortifying this position.

What is the best loadout for a maulerfiend, lasher tendrils or magma cutters?

5 Squads, not 5 terminators.

Perty is strong as Fuck and actually plans shit in advance. Think of him like Bane from Batman, in that not only is he strong as Fuck, but he's also as smart as Batman too, this is what makes him dangerous.