I'm from America and I'm looking at universities in England soon and one of them happens to be Nottingham University...

I'm from America and I'm looking at universities in England soon and one of them happens to be Nottingham University which is right next to Warhammer World so I'll be going there for fun.
So Veeky Forums, how disappointed will I be?

Extremely. The good news is Mantic and North Star are right next door to that, so you don't need to get ripped off by geedubs.
Still regretting not going to those instead earlier this year.

Ignore this tit Mantic are a load of unprofessional fuckwits.

Its a great place, will be able to pick up a game of 40k pretty much whenever. Do be warned though that Nottingham itself is a fucking hole in the ground.

how disappointed you are depends on how idealized your image of england is

Yeah, Nottingham has it's nice parts and is dead centre of the "Lead Belt" of dozens of wargaming manufacturers, but for a time it was notorious for gang crime in the bad parts, though compared to a US city it was probably insignificant.

We're lucky in the UK in that every decent sized town and certainly cities have some form of wargaming club or good shops, it's not like the US where you might drive 100 miles and the only shop is a GW, so I wouldn't worry about getting a game wherever you are, most Universities have a Wargaming & RPG society too.

So yeah, Nottingham's not a bad choice and the nightlife is alright, but tell us your other options too. I mean, if you want to go to Warhammer World a few times it might only be an hour's drive.

OP here, not England itself, Warhammer World. I love England, I have lot's of family there (but in the south) and it's great for my passion in history and politics, I was just asking how mediocre Warhammer World would probably be because GW tends to hype it.

I haven't been since the re-fit and new visitor entrance that you see above, but even then it was worth a day or two, and I imagine it's great if you're local (if you only want to play 100% GW games with 100% GW miniatures).

Apparently now with the exhibition halls bit it's really good. The tables and Bugman's and all that are still free to enter, but the exhibition is like £7 and has massive displays and all that. I was cynical at first but apparently it's really worth it.

t. redshirt

Nottingham is the spiritual home of modern wargaming so there'll be lots to see.

I would highly recommend going to Wargames Foundry and meeting Bryan Ansell.

I mean, it probably depends how much you're expecting out of a "World" - it's got lots of big tables, some of which have cool terrain, which is pretty nice, and when I went the exhibition hall was quite impressive (though it was free, but it also lacked any hueg dioramas, so I can't really comment on the current incarnation), and there's a bar, but there's not a much more than that.

Nottingham's also an okay city, and 2 unis and its hobby manufacturing residents makes it fairly big for wargaming and RPGs - there's also no shortage of nightlife (and just pubs, including a few older than the US), if either of those are also your thing

Why the fuck are you looking for college in an irrilevant sharia shithole when you've got the best universities i nthe world right at home? I hope the rapefugees religion of peace your asshole inside out you fucking unamerican shitstain.

>REEing about universities
>irrilevant

Yeah op why don't you get an American education so you can spell like this winner

go outside

Seriously borrow your mom's rascal and get some fresh air

>Being so disconnected from reality that you actually think like this

Love yourself, user. Work on yourself. It'll get better.

>America
>looking at universities in England

This will end in fire and tears.

Could be worse.

Could be Derby.

enjoy being raped by Muslims

>all these /pol/ shitters crying about muh muslims
nice shitposts faggots

Fuck why didn't I do this, I love that guy

I'm from Derby, and you're not wrong.

Though of course there's no reason you'd actually have your hopes up about Derby.

You're going to be beseiged by metalheads twice a year. Two major festivals nearby. Access will be strained year-round because the M1 is shit, and you're in the middle of fucking nowhere.

k Abdullah

>tfw Oldhammer weekend is the one after this, hosted at Foundry, i.e. the stately home Ansell owns
>want to go and see the cool old Miniatures and exhibition games, but I'm not active in the Forum/FB group and don't have much painted

I mean, I'm from Derby as well.

At least Game Knight and Alchemy exist now.

Keep believing that Bubba

Mancfag here, I'm salty I can't really afford to go. Only went to Nottingham last time for Student Nationals

Yeah, I moved back and need to check them out more. Just gotta get over awkwardness and shit
That game/model shop in the arcade didn't last too long though, kinda unsurprisingly

They're not really in nottingham, though it being the biggest city in the area, and with a substantial metal community it will get it a bit

Student nationals, that takes me back a bit. Used to proper fancy the lady GW had as a community manager, Bec or Beth iirc.

Nationals was cool, didn't get poll position but I had fun.

I keep telling myself to try and find an rpg group in either shop since my current group is fragmented due to the students leaving.

Same. Spent far too much, of course, but...
What category did you go in for?

W40k.
We captured an Imperial jail, nearly died, good fun.

And yeah there was someone in uni-group that bought some £80 dice set, and people chastised him for now shelling out for the gold-plated set instead.

I assume Game Knight would be a little more likely, but idk.

Sweet. Went in for Star Wars. Kinda glad I don't play Saga Edition considering how my Wookiee died to a lucky crit. Might go for 40k RPG next year.

Sorry OP, this isn't your thread anymore.

Likely to fail?

It was nice, but I kind of wished the group wasn't so big (seven players), it felt like we were fighting for attention at times.

Nah, with the board game focus in Alchemy I'd have thought that you'd be more likely to find a group in GK - though Alchemy looks like it might be better, but I wouldn't expect as many open groups

Oh right, no I'm more interested in GK for rpgs. I never really got into boardgames that much overall beyond casual play.

Plus the VR room upstairs is a nice thing to have a go with.

It'll get beseiged by them using the supermarkets to pick up cheaper booze, emergency supplies, and use some proper goddamn plumbing.
A clean flushing toilet indoors is a goddamn luxury when you're living in a tent.

Fuck off sep.

Your liberal arts colleges are a fucking meme where people buy degrees.

True. Still not like Notts is all that close though, Derby and the villages are all closer.

It's more like being in the vague vicinity of a marauding orc warband moving across the country than being actively besieged by them - you'll get a fair few raiders and outriders, and it'll stir up any that happened to live in the area, but it's not like they properly descend on the city, and they're gone in a few days, no more than a week or two

Also Nottingham girls are red headed cuties.

This is probably bait but I'm going because I plan to do something with history and politics and the UK just happens to be a lot better for that sort of stuff. Also tons of more people play tabletop/wargames there so thats a perk.

Nottingham is nice, we have warlord games too and a load of pubs

Stoke hall; theyre loaded- nice people though