/hwg/ - Historical Wargames General

Wolf’s Lair Edition

Previous thread: Get in here, post games, miniatures, questions, whatever you like.

List of mini providers:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uGaaOSvSTqpwPGAvLPY3B5M2WYppDhzXdjwMpqRxo9M/edit

List of Historical Tactical, Strategic, and Military Drill treatises:
pastebin.com/BfMeGd6R

ZunTsu Gameboxes:
mediafire.com/folder/yaokao3h1o4og/ZunTsu_GameBoxes

/hwg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tghwg/

Games, Ospreys & References folders:
mediafire.com/folder/lu95l5mgg06d5/Ancient
mediafire.com/folder/81ck8x600cas4/Medieval
mediafire.com/folder/w6m41ma3co51e/Horse_and_Musket
mediafire.com/folder/vh1uqv8gipzo1/Napoleonic
mediafire.com/folder/bbpscr0dam7iy/ACW
mediafire.com/folder/bvdtt01gh105d/Victorian
mediafire.com/folder/b35x147vmc6sg/World_War_One
mediafire.com/folder/z8a13ampzzs88/World_War_Two
mediafire.com/folder/z8i8t83bysdwz/Vietnam_War
mediafire.com/folder/7n3mcn9hlgl1t/Modern

mediafire.com/folder/6jrcg496e7vnb/Avalon Hill
mediafire.com/folder/pq6ckzqo3g6e6/Field_Of_Glory
mediafire.com/folder/r2mff8tnl8bjy/GDW
mediafire.com/folder/whmbo8ii2evqh//SPI
mediafire.com/folder/ws6yi58d2oacc/Strategy_&_Tactics_Magazine
mediafire.com/folder/lx05hfgbic6b8/Naval_Wargaming
mediafire.com/folder/s1am77aldi1as/Wargames
mega.nz/#F!ZAoVjbQB!iGfDqfBDpgr0GC-NHg7KFQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf
mediafire.com/file/lydjg5mjnl336kj/S&T 059 - The Plot to Assassinate Hitler.pdf
mediafire.com/file/91sa79k8d6fw6f5/Osprey - FOR 100 - The Fuhrer's Headquarters.pdf
mediafire.com/file/4nsapx024o1vxbu/Osprey - RAID 040 - Operation Valkyrie 1944.pdf
matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4303714
matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4312736
multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/343/Default.aspx
vasl.info/download.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Advanced Squad Leader
mediafire.com/folder/d9x0dbxrpjg48/Advanced_Squad_Leader
>Battleground WWII
mediafire.com/folder/cb83cg7ays4l1/Battleground_WWII
>Battlegroup
mega.nz/#F!SolyxarJ!GUg6zWBStfznr6BvYedghQ
>Black Powder
mediafire.com/download/o5x6blwoczojmfr/Black Powder.pdf
>Bolt Action
mediafire.com/folder/n7jmdnlv1n0ju/Bolt_Action
>By Fire And Sword
mega.co.nz/#!jxgCWTYD!FCp52DAqIUc-EM-TsRsWv7fB92nJ3kkzKsNcD_urI5Q
>Fleet Series
mega.nz/#F!i1N3xZxL!C6fQ3Z8o2U0gtk5kdXuVcQ
>Hail Caesar
mega.nz/#F!XsVD0KgT!twB1NWiFE3aKXK_O1EZ4pA
>Impetus
mediafire.com/folder/28i9gevqws518/Impetus
>Modelling & painting guides
mediafire.com/folder/7b5027l7oaz05/Modelling_&_Painting_Guides
>Next War (GMT)
mediafire.com/folder/eupungrg93xgb/Next_War
>Phoenix Command RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!b5tgXRwa!mzelRNrKPjiT8gP7VrS-Jw
>Saga
mediafire.com/folder/alj31go19tmpm/SAGA
>Twilight 2000/2013 RPG
mega.co.nz/#F!C9sQhbwb!NVnD4jvUn5inOrPJIAkBhA
>Wargaming Compendium
mediafire.com/download/cghxf3475qy46aq/Wargaming Compendium.pdf
>Warhammer Ancient battles 2.0
mediafire.com/download/uttov32riixm9b0/Warhammer Ancient Battles 2E.pdf
mediafire.com/download/ta7aj1erh7sap1t/Warhammer Ancient Battles - Armies of Antiquity v2.pdf
>Warhammer Historical
mega.nz/#F!LxkElYYY!FJB5miNmlWZKMj2VfSYdxg
>Warmaster Ancients
mediafire.com/download/cifld8bl3uy2i5g/Warmaster Ancients.pdf
mediafire.com/download/3emyvka11bnna1b/Warmaster Ancient Armies.pdf

Desired scans :
Rank and File supplements
Harpoon 3 & 4 supplements
Force on Force supplements
Hind Commander
At Close Quarters
War and Conquest
Modern Spearhead

July 20th in military history:

AD 70 – Siege of Jerusalem: Titus, son of emperor Vespasian, storms the Fortress of Antonia north of the Temple Mount.
792 – Kardam of Bulgaria defeats Byzantine Emperor Constantine VI at the Battle of Marcellae.
911 – Rollo lays siege to Chartres.
1304 – Wars of Scottish Independence: Fall of Stirling Castle: King Edward I of England takes the stronghold using the War Wolf.
1402 – Ottoman-Timurid Wars: Battle of Ankara: Timur, ruler of Timurid Empire, defeats forces of the Ottoman Empire sultan Bayezid I.
1592 – During the first Japanese invasion of Korea, Japanese forces led by Toyotomi Hideyoshi captured Pyongyang, although they were ultimately unable to hold it.
1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Peachtree Creek: Near Atlanta, Georgia, Confederate forces led by General John Bell Hood unsuccessfully attack Union troops under General William T. Sherman.
1866 – Austro-Prussian War: Battle of Lissa: The Austrian Navy defeats the Italian Navy near the island of Vis in the Adriatic Sea.
1932 – In Washington, D.C., police fire tear gas on World War I veterans, part of the Bonus Expeditionary Force, who attempt to march to the White House.
1941 – Soviet leader Joseph Stalin consolidates the Commissariats of Home Affairs and National Security to form the NKVD and names Lavrentiy Beria its chief.
1944 – World War II: Adolf Hitler survives an assassination attempt led by German Army Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg.
1949 – Israel and Syria sign a truce to end their nineteen-month war.
1951 – King Abdullah I of Jordan is assassinated by a Palestinian while attending Friday prayers in Jerusalem.
1969 – A cease fire is announced between Honduras and El Salvador, six days after the beginning of the "Football War".
1974 – Turkish occupation of Cyprus: Forces from Turkey invade Cyprus after a coup d'état, organised by the dictator of Greece, against president Makarios.

Today marks 73 years since the 'July 20 Bomb Plot', also known as Operation Valkyrie. This was an attempt by several senior Wehrmacht officers to assassinate Hitler at his Eastern Front headquarters known as the "Wolf's Lair", near Rastenburg in East Prussia (now Kętrzyn in Poland). The plot was not the first attempt to kill Hitler, but it was the one that came the closest to success.

The men behind the July Plot were a group of high-level German military leaders who recognized that Hitler was leading Germany in a suicidal war on two fronts. They decided to assassinate him then stage a coup d’état, with the belief that a new government in Berlin would save Germany from complete destruction at the hands of the Allies.

The July Plot leaders included Colonel General Ludwig Beck, former chief of the army general staff, Colonel General Friedrich Olbricht and Major General Henning von Tresckow. Lieutenant Colonel Claus Schenk von Stauffenberg, chief of staff of the reserve army, also played a central role in the conspiracy. Stauffenberg had been badly wounded in North Africa, losing his right eye and right hand in a strafing attack. As Chief-of-Staff Army Reserve he was a familiar sight at the Wolf's Lair, with regular access to Hitler, and it was he who resolved to plant the bomb.

Stauffenberg received orders that the next staff conference was to be at 13.00 on July 20th. The start was changed to 12.30 – though the time change meant little to Stauffenberg. Having broken a capsule full of acid which would eat through a wire detonator thus activating a firing pin, Stauffenberg went into a map room with Field Marshall Keitel and placed the bomb, hidden in his briefcase, against a leg of the table that supported the war maps that Hitler was using. After this was done, Stauffenberg made his excuse (he had to take a telephone report from Berlin) and left the map room.

I know we all like to hate on it, but Bolt Action is fun.

He went to his staff car and as he got level to it, an explosion occurred in the map room. The time was 12.42. The SS guards believed that an air raid was taking place. Regardless of this, Stauffenberg bluffed his way out of the very heavily guarded Wolf’s Lair and by 13.15 was on his plane for the journey to Berlin.

Just before the bomb was due to explode, an officer attending the briefing had moved the briefcase to the other side of the table support chosen by Stauffenberg as the ideal place to put the bomb. Therefore, the blast was directed away from Hitler who survived with his clothes singed, a cut to his hand and damaged ear drums. In fact, at 16.00, less than four hours after the explosion, Hitler gave Mussolini a tour of the damage done to the map room.

The planned coup d’état in Berlin that was to follow the assassination was a disaster. It had clearly not been well thought out. The only leading Nazi in Berlin at the time was Joseph Goebbels. A major in the Guards Battalion, Otto Remer, was sent to arrest Goebbels by the conspirators directing the doomed uprising in the capital. Remer, in fact, was a dedicated Nazi and Goebbels put him in direct contact with Hitler to prove that the Führer was still alive. Promoted on the spot by Hitler to a colonel, Remer was charged by Hitler with rounding up the conspirators.

At 18.45 a radio broadcast stated that there had been an attempt on Hitler’s life but that it had failed and Hitler was alive. The radio broadcast then stated that Hitler would address the German people sometime in the evening.

When the news came through that Hitler was alive, General Friedrich Fromm, commander of the reserve army and someone who condoned the July Plot, turned on the conspirators in order to have his association with them covered up. The conspirators, including Stauffenberg, based in the War Office were rounded up. They went through the farce of a drumhead court martial and were then shot by a firing squad. Tresckow walked into No-Man’s-Land on the Eastern Front and was shot by Russian machine gun fire. However, this was only the start of Hitler’s revenge. Hundreds of people thought to be involved in the conspiracy also soon were arrested, and around 200 eventually were executed.

On the surface, Operation Valkyrie doesn't seem like the kind of thing to make a wargame. But in fact, the complicated conspiracy and grand plans for a coup provide the basis for a fascinating tabletop scenario. SPI developed a board game that was famous for being pretty experimental and unusual for the time (and apparently very difficult to 'win'). The plot also has serious potential as a matrix game. As far as alternate WW2 scenarios go, this one could go all sorts of ways.

mediafire.com/file/lydjg5mjnl336kj/S&T 059 - The Plot to Assassinate Hitler.pdf
mediafire.com/file/91sa79k8d6fw6f5/Osprey - FOR 100 - The Fuhrer's Headquarters.pdf
mediafire.com/file/4nsapx024o1vxbu/Osprey - RAID 040 - Operation Valkyrie 1944.pdf

Repostan for opinions and tips.

What tips are you looking for?

Are we referring to the damaged wall or the incredible Feldgrau man?

The wall, figure is only for scale. Looking for suggestions to make the wall even better looking.

Also I just keep showing off my wall to everyone around cause I feel proud of making something for once.

Is there a particular beverage that you associate with /hwg/ and/or wargaming in general?

tea

I like what you've done with the posters and the bullet holes.

The rubble looks too even in terms of size, I think you'd be better off varying the size of the pieces more.

Would loook great as part of a larger set though.

I want to make a tableful of "germany in ruins" pieces for first set. I'll try to get bigger pieces of rubble, was also thinking of adding bit of sand to the paint to make it a bit "dusty".

The rubble around the base is too consistently sized and too big to look convincing, you should mix it in with some finer grit and maybe even the occasional large piece of rubble.

The colour choice seems off, too dark. It seems too dark to be concrete and doesn't really resemble any other type of building material, so maybe consider using a slightly lighter tone, or giving the whole thing a heavy dry brush with a lighter grey/beige.

If you want more texture don't mix sand with paint, just get some grout or plaster and cover the piece in a thin layer of the stuff. It give a much more pleasant effect and is far less likely to crumble off under any touch.

Lastly you should really add architectural elements like doors and windows before doohickeys like posters (although the posters are a really nice touch). Currently I don't have a clue what this wall once was. Was it part of a bunker? Was it a civilian building? The workman posters suggest some kind of industrial building, but I really couldn't say for sure.

Still, this is a neat proof of concept piece, and as you make more and refine the style you should end up with some really nice pieces.

The guys at the club always have instant coffee with cream, and while that's not really my thing - certainly coffee is my wargaming fuel - just black with no sugar and done in a plunger/french press

The posters are a nice touch, the rubble and the wall need a drybrush of a lighter grey though - they look a bit uniform. Wouldn't hurt to trow some random rubble bits like some random left over bits of a sprue in the rubble. Make it look like more than just some random rocks. Even some bits of wire or something would help

Bump or die

>putting together white metal artillery pieces

Anyone know any fun /hwg/ video games preferably hex and chit/groggy af.

Also I haven't posted here in months since some shitposter would constantly tell never my projects were shit, has that stopped.

>Finish incredibly shitty Aerosan kits from ACE and hide all the sins with paint

tfw almost left the t out of paint....
perhaps my subconscious is trying to say something

Anyone got some 28mm printouts for Soviet posters? I'm looking to build some debris.

Is there an advantage to having grass on the top of your fortifications like that?

The new Operational Art of War (4 I think?) is coming out soonish. That should be pretty grogtacular.

Pic related is from 3 but you get the idea.

Is it like ATG at all? And how soon?

It's in beta right now so actually it may not be as soon as I thought. However they did do a big patch for TOAoW3 when they announced 4 (4 was originally intended to be an update for 3 but spun off into a full-blown sequel).

It's a bit more 'meaty' than ATG I'd say but follows the same general principles. It's also very focused on big battles (hence 'Operational'). Generally you're going to be in charge of at least a Battalion.

I just found an AAR by one of the beta testers on Matrix's forum, might be of use to you.

matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4303714 - Part 1
matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4312736 - Part 2

In the meantime if you want something to play I'd recommend WinSPMBT and Open General because they're both free.

Not him but whatbis ATG and USB toaow3 worth playing still?

ATG = Advanced Tactics Gold, it's a fun, lightish and kinda sandboxy hex-and-chit wargame.

I'd say 3 is definitely still worth playing, what with the recent(ish) update and the amount of community-created scenarios and the like.

Are these games easy to learn?

It depends how you prefer to learn. They often have crappy or non-existent tutorials but pretty good pdf manuals.

Search for a poster on google, figure out what size you want it, open Word, resize and print. That's what I did.

It was konishi yukinaga that captured Pyongyang, hideyoshi never left Japan.

I've been there, pretty impressive.

I also stole a piece of rock from the main bunker for collection of pieces of rock from historical locations

Here's one of the sample scenarios that'll be included in the Snakes and Slicks book. Made a fair few adjustments since my last aborted AAR, and availability permitting, I'll put up a detailed AAR of this scenario over the next few days.

Those games are shit. Don't give them money until they fix their fucking UI and change their absurd pricing scheme. It's 2017 there's no excuse for this shit anymore.

>tfw waiting for glue to dry

superglur activator, bruh.

I'm using some random wood glue resembling pva I found in the workshop and applied a tad bit too much. Don't think your suggestion would work with this.

>tfw waiting for paint to dry

Why is the general so dead today?

Dunno.

Would pikes help?

Pikes always help.

>Picts unrelated

>tfw a FLGS is opening near me next week
>by near me I mean literally two houses down from where I live

Holy fuck, that's some luck. I hope they've historicals stuff, it'd be great to create a group around here.

gonna have to reccommend Commander, the great war. It's great.

I made this today. How is it?

Followed the advice trying to make it lighter grey and mixing it up more, although the picture looks a bit dark. Also tried mixing the rubble up, found some decor sand in the workshop.

looks good. Personally I'd use less rubble on the floor simply cause I prefer flatter floors for my minis to stand on but nice job

Very basic. Needs improvement in terms of sizing, structural reinforcement and materials it's constructed from.

Ok as a proof of concept or practice piece.

UI is fine autist

A favourite local gaming store is opening? How do you know it's your favourite if it isn't open?

>A favourite local gaming store is openin

FLGS can be used with "Friendly local gaming store" in mind, but then you could argue how he could know if its friendly in there..

flgs means friendly

Thank you! The floor wasn't meant to be used as minis standing, hence there being no way to get up there, so I got a bit carried away with the rubble.

Just starting out, trying to whip up a nice little table to play on. After finishing these I want to make snow covered stalingrad like buildings which by then hopefully will be a lot better!

Two things that will be really handy for you: Terragenesis (website) and The Terrain Tutor (youtube channel). Those combined will help you get good, fast. Trust me, everyone is naff to start out with, but if you try to get better, you can and will.

I want to play ASL red barricades but don't have the ten million to actually buy a copy when he is it so hard to find and so expensive

1. Don't buy Red Barricades. Buy this instead. multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductID/343/Default.aspx

2. ASL is being published and sold in an incredibly stupid way and at this point it would be cheaper to field a couple 40K armies. Just play on VASSAL.

Still can't afford it andmprobably don't have have space for two maps

>mfw human javelinmen doesn't exist in WHFB so I can't use dudes like that in my army
REE

vasl.info/download.htm

Does anyone happen to know why de Havilland chose the name Gipsy for an aircraft engine?

COmputer games are for faggots

>stalingrad

think creatively to turn garbage into industrial wreckage. Cutting up drinking straws for pipes and either buying corrugated plasticard or scraping the paper off one side of corrugated cardboard to simulate corrugated aluminum plates are good places to start. You can also use small-diameter plumbing pvc or copper pipes and fitting for certain types of drainage outflows, smoke stacks, etc. Watch "enemy at the gates" and take notes on the terrain (inb4 muh human wave, w/e the sets are still useful)

Who has things P500'd for GMT? Current list:

Holland '44
Ancient Civilizations of the Inner Sea
Battles of the Warrior Queen
Pendragon
Unconditional Surrender
UC Mounted Mapboards
Here I Stand 500th Anniversary
SPQR Deluxe
Empire of the Sun

Looking forward to Pendragon the most

perfect for you then tbqh

No worries bud for Stalingrad I'd suggest cardboard boxes with the top and bottom cut off then windows and chunks taken out of the four sides if you want it basic, incendiary bombs gut buildings and leave the shell so four sheets of card glued and smeared with rubble then given a coat of grey then black paint make great foundations. Also this
I've spent the past three days taking apart two laptops and old tv kits for all the gubbins inside. While not /hwg/ friendly RAM sticks, plastic panels and lengths of cable make great additions to a cyberpunk/post apocalyptic board.

I've recently got back into wargaming and terrain can seem daunting at first but once you get an idea of what you're doing it is a lot of fun

It was designed to power their De Haviland Moth series of aircraft. All the variants were named after species of moth (e.g Tiger moth). Therefore D.H Moths with Gipsy engines became Gipsy Moths (A european species of moth).

cause it was stolen from another concept and every shipment came with clothes pegs

is there a a game like I aint been shot mum that doesnt require an umpire and has a points system instead of scenarios only?

Basically I have a bunch of multibased 15mm ww2 and I feel like playing some larger scale engagements with a decent ruleset. I already play chain of command in 28mm and I love it but I want to find a similar kind of thing but for big battles. (I already know about big chain of command)

How well have you playtested this scenario? is it nicely balanced?

Battlegroup should be what you are looking for, check it out in the archive, then buy the books for those scenarios and campaign tracks.

But if i remember correctly IABSM merely suggests an umpire... pretty sure you can play without one.

Can one of you please hook a brother up with the Hersir, Thegn and Longship pdfs from the medieval Ospreys folder? On my phone and mediafire doesn't seem to want to play ball.

Fuck off pedophile

probably something like their 7th or G series of engine designs or named for a horse, that's usually how that kind of thing happens.

Its very loose though you know.

IABSM I mean

just read a review of battlegroup, sounds great mate cheers.

Pages 42 and 43 are missing in the Britain army book for Bolt Action, has anyone got scans of these two pages or a better PDF that has them?

What is the best rule set for the Napoleonic wars, and the best place to get models?

I can recommend Shako. Its pretty simple and effectively conveys Napoleonic period imo

Black Powder is supposed to be quite good, as is Blucher.

Models depend on the scale you want to go for. 1/72 has good detail vs variety vs cheapness, but its quite a large for napoleonics (although still fine as long as you can imagine the 8 guys on your base represent more like 200)
15mm is good, 10mm is good, 6mm is good. Decide on a scale or see what people around you are playing - head to local wargames clubs and see what kind of napoleonics rules and miniatures they're using.

Pic related I think is 6mm

28mm is also good if you want to do more skirmish sized games. Rule sets like Sharpe Practice might be more suitable for that kind of game.
I think pic related are 28mm, but they could just be really well painted 20mm/1/72

Oh, it got me mad yesterday.

I wanted to pick up a pdf of one of the missing supplements, but shit, a pdf and a mini rulebook (which I already have one, plus what the fuck, pay for postage too?), but fucking Christ, actual book is 25GBP, pdf with the mini rulebook 27.50. They don't fucking get what a pdf should be.

Thanks anons, I will probably go into Shako, with 10mm. More into the large scale games.

I know exactly what you mean, Matrix games/ slitherine are there own worst enemies when it comes to trying to sell their games.

> Recommends "Enemy At The Gates" and not "Stalingrad"
Plebian taste user.

Don't forget "Come and See" as well...

An amazing movie, hopefully most of /hwg/ has seen it, and it's a must-watch if you were gaming partisans. But the other user was looking for inspiration for Stalingrad scenery. Personallu I think they could watch both Enemy at the Gates AND the 1993 German Stalingrad movie - even the really cheesy 2013 Russian one too. If nothing else, you can never get too much inspiration, and Enemy has Rachel Weisz's lovely butt.

Yeah, "Come And See" is damn cool.

>Black Powder
I would describe it as "accessible" rather than good, but that is its own benefit I suppose.

looks like a computer game cut scene

Modern Russian cinema, especially their war movies, outdoes Hollywood in excessive flashy CGI. Now they've starting getting into superhero stuff, so it's going to get worse.

So, I need some advice for 6mm owners.

I have quite a lot of guys, and I am looking for a foam travel case. Anybody know of any travel case companies that make foam for 60x30mm bases?

You might have to make your own, get some foam and cut out the sizes you need.
I have a bunch of 6mm stuff and I just transport it in one of those multi drawer plastic towers. As long as you don't tip them over there isn't a problem, but not ideal for transport - especially helicopters or aircraft.

Thats actually really good looking. I wish these movies would get translations..

Remember if you're canny about your basing you should be able to use your dudes in multiple game systems if you want to.

Pendraken working on some Korean War stuff.

Question for the knowledgeable about you (or someone who can point me to good books about it):

What flag(s) would a 17th century ship fly, and where would these flags be?
I've understood it to be a large ensign/national flag at the rear, something similar on top of the main mast, possibly a smallish one (jack?) on the bowsprit, but what about other masts? Would they have any flags, or would they be left without?

If you are looking for dutch ships you are in luck. Just look up some paintings from that period. Every dutch painting from back then had at least one ship on it.

I'm certainly no expert on this, but we have books (such as Osprey's New Vanguard and other titles) in our Horse & Musket and Naval Wargaming folders, and I'm sure they'd cover it

Well, I'm a fool. Completely failed to find the Naval folder at first. I think I have a better idea now, at least.