Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Your friendly local Games Workshop Edition

>Space Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qpvAr9DRmgQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for if grey knights dont get brotherhood bonuses that guy will literally kill himself.

Reminder, GKs get no special subfactions and will be copying the SM codex
Optimism leads to disappointment

3rd for the Legion of Steel.

Leave Necrons alone!

Then he's a walking dead man.

So I intend to run an Iron Warriors army that's basically just a regular HH era force with all MK III marines, lots of Hellforged Dreads and some artillery. Is there a limit on Hellforged models like there used to be for relic units in 7th? I can't say I've seen one anywhere.

you just have a shit manager.

My local GW has a "leave a bit, take a bit" box behind the counter

List builder where? Official GW one isn't out and no word, yet the fan builder is still fucking dead?
Goddammit "New GW"

What's wrong with Necrons?

Post most recent addition to Your Dudes

What do you guys think of Duncan's skill in comparison to the best painters of 40k?

Where would he rank? 7 out of 10? 8?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It looks shit.

Maybe he's that user that has the opinion that reanimation protocols is underpowered and that all Necron units cost waaaay too many points ?

that fan ones death was his own dumb fault, blatently profiting of copyright infringement. GW were well within their rights shutting him down.

THICCsight

Necrons generate tons of salt now

THIN
H
I
N

YOUR
O
U
R

PAINTS
A
I
N
T
S

>Starts to vomit uncontrollably

DELETE THIS

The tutorials aren't Duncan's best work.

Did this guy today.

Might touch up the tabard a bit more.

Maybe give the metal another wash.

Work on the nurgling a bit.

>>/plebbit/

SM: July 29th
CSM+GK: August 19th
DG: September 23rd
>CONFIRMED

angron is literally the best primarch

Diff user, but a necron player nonetheless.
I miss options for our lords an shit :(
Also, seems like we got only a glancing hit by the nerf bat after 7th. That being said, tomb citadel sucks (thank god its so retarded), but I just got the MURDER ROBO CENTIPEDES and MURDER ROBO WASPS in the mail and looking forward to trying them out...

Those are great looking user.

Hold your horses, the SM's could've been a lucky guess. Saturday releases+end of July gives few other options. So wait two weeks to see

Dunno why they wouldn't just push one dex back so there is less of an interlude in that "prediction"

That's funny you spelled Perturabo wrong.

thanks! now that ratlings are good again I will have to make a lot more of them as ratling stand-ins

>angron is angry
>there is nothing else to him

The poetry.

Do Orks still have families?

Also I noticed the "four codex" prediction recently got updated to show ten codices. My guess is only the first four are official leaks and the rest have been added by some troll

t. knows nothing about angron apart from 1d4chan

What are his character traits?

What has he done?

Spoiler: He's angry and he's done nothing.

Winters talking about the Space Marine Codex for an hour:
youtu.be/qpvAr9DRmgQ

blood on tabard needs work, my man

get some of that reikland deepshade in and some nuln oil

He invaded Armageddon. Twice it seems.

What's the verdict on codex space fags?

What stratagems would you like to see for your factions? Would be fitting to have some sort of "More Dakka" thing for Orks that lets a unit fire again after shooting in the shooting phase.

epic, simply epic

That rifle needs some sweet highlighting

Yeah? And what did he accomplish?

It's not even up for pre-order yet

Unreleased, maybe it'll release with the Lion waking up

Quantum Shielding has lots of people complain on Facebook.

No one knows when DA is getting their codex except for the fake list that gets spammed every thread

On the table of 1 - 6, where 1 is someone literally just starting out, and not even knowing to thin their pants, and 6 being golden daemon winner.

Duncan himself is a Level 5 painter. All his tutorials are intended for level 1/2 painters looking to get up to level 3, which would be the point where you get tabletop quality. This is pretty good because duncan's tutorials are literally the best tutorials in the goddamn market for beginner painters. Since they're no more than 1 to 2 minutes long, and provide all the information you need to do it yourself in that short amount of time. It serves as a great starting point for newbies, and can be a stepping stone if people want to advance to high level painting skills.

When I started painting 5 or so years ago, I first started by watching a fuckload of tutorials. And only AFTER did I begin. As a result my first-ever model is about a level 2.5. Today I have 3 level 5 models under my belt, and I'm working on learning super advanced shit like Non-metal-metalics, Glazeblending, and Weathering. This is about the same stage duncan is at in his personal work.

Nice base.

Now strip that abomination and try again.

I would be down for an army wide +1 to reanimation protocol for a turn.

Either that or a return to the veil for a point or two. I miss being able to port around the board with my lord.

user, do not be alarmed but you're left is about to be buttfucked by three Pentient Engines

Anyone had a look at the Riever's carbine?

I like the stratagem that are old school synergy - like the whirlwind auto hit when the target can be seen by and is within 12" of a speeder. Rules like that make me happy.

Overall looks good so far, and I think I'm one of the few people who thinks BTs are fine as well.

>complaining on Facebook

Looks great aside fgrom the tabard. It looks like he's been painting or cake decorating or something.

It's an assault 2 bolter

>GK : True Grit - All Storm Bolters may be used as Pistol 4 weapons this shooting phase

>Crimson Fists : Bolter Drill - all bolter weapons can be fired twice this shooting phase

>Thousand Sons : Psychic mastery - none of your psychic powers can be cancelled this psychic phase.

I didn't mean codex dark angels. Fag, to me, means "asshole", which adequately describes all space marine players. If I wanted to ask about dark angels, I would have referred to codex space homo.

user, help a brother out, how do you do those magnificent bases? I'm doing my IG up as Steel Legion too, and I'd love a step by step.

So this is the power of unthinned paints.

I imagine some of the Enclaves Strategems from Planetstrike might be reused.

Like Kill Zone (twin link your guns)
Aggressive Defence (Overwatch reroll)
Mont’ka Strike (mess with enemy DSs and improve your alpha striking)

Again -it's not even up for pre-order yet. It will be tomorrow (aka in a few hours)

>Standing atop his fallen brothers

Shit mini

>literally ALL space marine players
>ALL

If you're feeling inadequate it's better for you in the long run to try and elevate yourself, rather than try and bring other good people down to your shit tier forced justification level

So the GK codex will literally be shit that could have been put in the index. We will get what, four pages of rules and 150 pages of fluff? What a fucking waste

Where are the rest of the Stratagems? I need to know what Armor of Contempt does! I need my dreadnought buffs!.

What's the warlord trait for IH?

Regardless of your thoughts, that is where GW posts and collects feedback to change the game. And where spastics gather to shout

I can't imagine that Redemptors are going to be very popular in older chapters: The ancient is more important than his chassis, and the fluff indicates Cawl cut corners on life support to make it more mass-producible.

Of course Gulliman sees the primaris as cannon fodder and they probably have a huge pro-Cawl bias, so they'll use it.

Are pure khorne daemons viable? I'd throne in some world eaters if they got a TS/DG styled release.

FEEL THE HATRED OF TEN. THOUSAND. YEARS!!!!

He can tech marine

Can you even paint over Blood for the Blood god?

Nope! But do not try to repair anything that has the Machina Malifica rule because as of the latest FAQ you cant.

We'll get what's in the Index with one page with strategems and some relics added to it.

Personally I have no issue with it, have yet to lose a game with my GK in 8th.

Look at those sleepy puppy marines, so cute.

>mfw anti-marinefags try to pin everything on marinefags
>mfw just look at this post

lewl

Give deep strike to a raider or venom
Something to give a unit more potent poison/more shots for a round
Buffed fnp/invuln for grotesquerie unit for a turn
Some kind of buff to fear effects

Magnus the Pink just didn't have the same effect on his enemies.

Yep, being the very first codex(es) isn't actually all that great.

>The marine just chilling in the snow
cute

Things like this make me wonder about what GW is thinking sometime.

Mathhammer is a fairly basic way to figure out if something sucks or not. And I have never seen something to show poor results with mathhammer, and end up being good on the table.

At that point they could have gone with no codex for small factions like gk. One good thing would be to have all datasheets from generic SM next to those of GK since going back and forth is annoying. Also allow libbies to use sanctic powers?

How do my necrons look like?

Just how good are regular autocannons?
FUCK OF FROM BA AND SALAMANDERS U FAGGOT

This picture is sad.

Normiebook comments are always nothing but marine players complaining about how other armies are too good and how marines don't get enough shit for free. They're unworthy space marine players.

I bet he took off his shirt so that the DA would not be able to help the SW fighting him :^)

Meh I don't really like them as much as I used to, I use missile launchers pretty much exclusively now where I used to use autocannons.

Like they could use a wash.

GK Librarians already MUST pick Sanctic powers and are not allowed to use the SM ones.

Oh shit. The Marines codex hints at a big Chaos (Word Bearers) offensive against the Shrine Worlds soon. Actual new Sisters hints? If ever they were going to do them the defense of the Shrine Worlds would be the time.

>This axe is so heretical I need three eye lenses !

Word bearers vs sisters sounds fucking badass.

IRON WITHIN IRON WITHOUT

Splinter Cell 40k looks pretty neat.

Also, a great set up for chaos sisters, with chaos themed acts of faith.

Pretty good against lighter vehicles and 2 wound models like bikes. But a bit underwhelming as generalist weapons. Missile Launchers do that much better now.

Couldn't get enough light thru the window so pic sucks. Hopefully finish the cryptek this weekend. First and last failcast model I'm dealing with

>HOLY SHIT IT LIGHTS UP!