Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Preorder Edition

>Space Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/choosing-the-right-chapter-tactic-for-your-successorsgw-homepage-post-4/
youtube.com/watch?v=qpvAr9DRmgQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So what did you preorder Veeky Forums ?

Second for new vect model

Reminder That Only Leviathan os cool enough to roll woth ChadDread

Oi I want to know if the Gangs of Commorragh box is a good way to cheaply gain some Reavers and Hellions.
Though I am curious if the box contains all the weapon bits etc. Also, first for the dark kin!

chad dread is godawful

Nothing. Also, why three red dread redemptors?

It contain everything, cutting bits out of the sprue would require more work and cost more money for no fucking reason.

I already answered you last thread.

Ah thank you, missed your response in the last thread.

GW DARE TO KILL OFF I, CATO SICARIUS?!

Black reach dread is cute!

CUTE!

Literally who

I rather like the weapons on it.

> Cunto " use my company as bait as I get the glory" Arseholicus

Most armies.
>Oh you chose a different paint scheme? Here's a lore variation.
Guard.
>Oh you choose a different paint scheme? You lose half your HQ's.
Marines.
>Oh you choose a sleightly different shade of green? Here have a bunch of retarded bonuses and buffs.

Smart design choices on GW's part.

>By banshing a C'tan

That's silly. C'tan are not daemons. They cannot be banished.

Are you retarded? If you paint or pick an army OTHER than the OFFICIAL first founding, you get locked out of everything except the chapter tactics. No relics, no strategems, no characters, nothing.

Meanwhile PATRICIAN Homebrewers get acces to everything

Literally what the fuck are you talking about.

>not playing FW chapters
shoo shoo gw shill

could put more effort into this instead of all the terrible forgeworld pics.

>Vibrates constantly to annoy people

Fucking kek

>Flames roared. Metal shuddered. Harsh voices bellowed oaths to the Blood God. Lit red, the interior of the Dreadclaw stank of dried blood and chemical sweat.

>Strapped into his restraints, Khârn ignored it all. In his mind’s eye, the Betrayer saw a singular figure, limned in blinding light. A winged angel, blade in hand, ancient eyes in an ageless face. A divine champion of the Emperor, who had walked a road of faith to return the Primarch Guilliman to life.

>Khârn cared nothing for Khordas, for Tsadrekha, or for this war. He had come as the instrument of Khorne’s punishment, the headsman’s axe that would lop this angel’s skull from her neck so that it might be set at the Blood God’s throne.

Kharn is going after Celestine's pretty skull. Any bets who gonna win in their confrontation.

It's worth noting that Kharn has defeated a Living Saint before in the Red Path series.

>not playing a successor with no ICs

Get out of here FW shill, for maximum un-shillness one must play a custom your dudes homebrew and even refuse to use a chapter tactic and name your chapter

Please show me in the rules where it says I have to paint my army as Ultramarines in order to choose Ultramarines for my Chapter keyword.

Pro tip: You literally can't.

I wonder if the new dreads can use weapons on either arm? I love me some symmetry and having 2 ancient brothers standing beside each other would be cool

No one cares about these godawful Black Library shit books.

Crimson Fists and Black Templar are first founding now, apparently.

>"You may not field Marneus Calgar in an army that uses the keyword if they are not painted in the official Ultramarines™ color scheme as depicted in this codex. This is because Marneus Calgar only leads the Ultramarines chapter of Space Marines, and not their successors or Alpha Legion claiming to be Ultramarines.

I don't believe they can, but I'm not 100% on that

But 8th ED's stories and world building will be told via the novels. The codexes will only have the bare minimum fluff and just the cliffnotes.

>I nitpick at minor asides even though I know the main point is correct

Probably because that was you and you got BTFO

>Kharn cuts off Celestine's head
>Celestine pops back up
>"Whew, good match... Kurn was it? Anyhow I have to go reinforce the front lines with my prescence, sorry I don't have time to go round two."
>"Can I at least have your number?"
>But she's already gone
>Khorneblocked again

Uh huh, now show me the screencap of the actual Codex page that says this.

Green text isn't a source, bruv.

>Use keyword on army
>paint them as another army and call them a successor chapter

Fucking wow, look I'm using Ultramarine characters and relics

I don't know what the codex says, but the index specifically states you may not do this.

The fluff is 8th ed is 90% shit anyway.

[Citation Needed]

No, because Mortis configuration would make them actually live up to the marketing hype and we can't have that.

Provide proof faggot.

I bet these two morons woosh a lot of posts on this board.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/18/choosing-the-right-chapter-tactic-for-your-successorsgw-homepage-post-4/

>mfw someone tries to claim someone can't use chapter tactics if their army isn't painted right in my lgs and gets laughed at by everyone.
>mfw he's probably too autistic to even realize everyone laughing at him is his cue to leave

Source: your frequently sodomized asshole.

>using the wrong keyword

Fucking wow, you know how to abuse/ignore the rules/play your army improperly.

The point isn't to get around this stupidity, it's to have GW not put it in to begin with. They should not even have keywords for successors, if you're an Ultramarine successor you should be told to use the Ultramarine keyword.

We know you were trolling idiot, it just wasn't clever or funny.

That article talks about choosing CT, not keyword, idiot. Relics and ICs and strategems are keyed to your keyword, not your CT.

>being this fucking stupid

>mfw he's probably too autistic to even realize everyone laughing at him is his cue to leave
>mfw this beta cuck thinks he should slink away with his tail beneath his legs if someone laughs at him instead of manning the fuck up and either dealing with it or retaliating

I should probably post a laughing meme image so you'll GTFO this board huh.

>The right Chapter Tactic for the Fire Lords is an easy choice – the Salamanders are the undisputed masters of flamecraft. Their Master Artisans trait is great for making the most of special weapons in Fire Lords squads, while their flamer-based stratagem is also pretty fitting.

>while their flamer-based stratagem is also pretty fitting.

>stratagem

Keep trying

>We know you were trolling
>demands proof anyways
>implying that was me

[citation required]

Not him, but no.

The stratagem page specifically says that successor chapters use their founding chapters stratagem. When you make up your own keyword you pick a counts-as keyword that it is rules-wise.

>implying that dumb bitch even knows how to follow the rules

Read what it says on the strategem you dumb nigger. It says SALAMANDERS unit, not FIRE LORDS unit. I guess you think some dumb bitch is your rulebook and not the actual rulebook.

>I'm too autistoc
>I can't even read

I mean, we KNOW you didn't go to college, just dont make it that obvious.

Speaking of Chapter Tactics and keywords and relics and all that

What do you think would be better for a close range fire fight force? I'm planning on running lots of Techmarines and Vet Squads with combi weapons in Razorbacks to get up close and roll lots of dice; Ultramarines to step back and do it again when I get assaulted, or Salamanders to make the shots count more? I'm running a fair few combi flamers, so Salamanders has a little extra in its favour now.

the shilling is real

GW: Okay Redemptor, you can either take a gun identical to a twin heavy bolter under your fist, or for one point more, a heavy flamer.

That gun is definately underpriced.

So, I want to start a small 500-1000 points marine force, and I'm wondering which chapter to pick from the four I want to play. Loyalists seem fun this edition.
1. Astral Knights: Love the story and I'd even try and stick to a 30 marine limit with a chaplain dread if I did them
2. Alpha Legion: Love the fluff, seems like a really nice legion
3. Marines Errant: Fleet based chapter seems fucking great, would be a great excuse for moar flyers
4. Raptors: Fluff once again, also raven guard crunch looks good.
I'm put of from Astral Knights and Alpha legion for having names HQs, Astral knights also can't have primaris due to fluff rape on the Ntth scale.
So Veeky Forums, help me out. BTW this force would probably be fielded at some point alongside my Elysians, so I've got 9 valks/vendettas/vultures an tons of special weaps as well as heavy weapons, while not looking for synergy, which one could work well together?

How many times you gonna re-use that shitty insult? I mean, we KNOW you have no brains, just don't make it that obvious.

So can my DA successors take tartaros terminators or are they bound by the DA unit restrictions?

So I just picked up celestine. What sisters units don't look shit? It looks like the repentia, penitent engine and exorcist are the best looking ones.

this codex review belongs in the OP
youtube.com/watch?v=qpvAr9DRmgQ

@54460014
>an official article from GW on how to use the rules is wrong because I'm shitposting

So how long before the shitposters get bored of shitposting or will we just move on to when they start talking about the chaos dex.

Unironically wait for the plastic. It'll either eventually come, or you'll save yourself from buying expensive shitty metal models.

Salamanders is my pick for hands down the best CT in the book, but Ultras can also make good use of many flamers as since they hit automatically they ignore the -1 penalty when falling back and shooting.

They are bound by the same restrictions.

Bound by the restrictions. Though at this stage while DA don't have any stratagems or other things just take them anyway if you want. Though they won't be affected by any characters' auras

>no brains
>brainS

If you use an existing DA successor you can only use the DA chapter tactics but if you make your own chapter, you can have it count as any chapter you want. Just follow the normal rules that'd apply to that chapter, ie don't mix

Whats the free fate of knor strategem that's apparently beig packed into start collecting is it just one of the existing strategems on card or are they brand new or something

>but Ultras can also make good use of many flamers as since they hit automatically they ignore the -1 penalty when falling back and shooting
Its actually not stupid on aggressors

They're only usable in the Fate of Konor campaign. They're unique to the planet in the Konor system that you're fighting over which changes week by week. IE in 6 weeks they'll all be worthless trash. Don't worry about them.

Ok so have we seen any benefits to sticking with one faction when building an army other than things like chap-tacs only applying to said chapter models?
Because it feels pretty underwhelming so far.

>unironically using "beta" and "cuck"
>acting like a tough guy on Veeky Forums
>not realizing that everyone laughing at you means they all think you're retarded
>"retaliating" because you said something so stupid an entire room of grown men who play with toy soldiers are openly mocking you

oh god my sides xDD

You could still use them in casual games if your group or whatever agrees on it.

Aggressors are one of the things I'll probably consider if/when I expand the force too.

This is turning out to be a harder decision than I thought it would be, as I want to pick a successor chapter from the fluff that matches up to the choice I'm gonna make.

What the fuck is the point? Dont most successors branch off and go in a different direction than their founding chapters? Why would anyone even run a successor if it just removes your ability to use characters and gives nothing in return?

hope you didnt assemble and paint your conscript units yet, guys. horde players on suicide watch

You can still use characters. There's literally no reason to set the keyword to anything other than whatever chapter who's tactics you are using.

Sure, but that goes without saying, you can do anything in casual games if your group agrees.

None at all, fluff even suggests it with the mention of dead chapters being "resurrected" in the Ultima Founding

Either to make your own chapter with its own fluff and paintjob ooor in the case of FW, to use their fluff mixed with unique characters

Making my preorder now, which units look best to double up on?

>Astral knights also can't have primaris due to fluff rape on the Ntth scale.
But the fluff not only supports it but suggests its likely.

Aggressors look like solid anti-horde tools.

>He thinks people actually field conscripts to take objectives instead of the 800+ shot a turn

There are no records of them post them leaving Sable Swords, how would they get primaris if they basically don't exist, have 1 ship and no homeworld?

2*agressor is good.

For dreads, look elsewhere unless you -really- want an upper end dread with low skill, no invuln and locked into an anti-infantry role.

Or fuck it, go plasma and never achieve anything just like your mom always secretly knew you would.

Its pretty clearly going to be like before where successor chapters pick a founding legion to use the traits (and now stratagems) of.

reivers m8, at least 2 so you can make a deep strike assault squad with blades+pistols and an outflank distraction unit with hooks/carbines

I wonder, is there a non-black Salamanders founding Chapter?

yes, that's what I am thinking all they've been good for up to this point.

Conscripts are pretty much only fielded to bubble wrap and hold objectives, you idiot. Infantry Squads are better for mass lasgun shooting which isn't even good to begin with.

Did we get full scans already?

By Guilliman taking a bunch of Primaris Marines and calling them Astra Knights.

In that video he mentions seeing new Devastator models on the back-cover

GW's Devastator page ends with -2015
>Devastator-Squad-2015

Same thing applies to Sternguards and Vanguards
>Sternguard-Squad-2015
>Vanguard-Squad-2015

Think we'll be seeing new veteran squads all around?

Its been specifically mentioned that the Ultima founding was used to also bring back destroyed chapters.