Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

In Midnight Chad Edition

>Space Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d2TP6DZpmfA
youtube.com/watch?v=qpvAr9DRmgQ
ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/review-codex-space-marines-datacards/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leave manlets to us.

by the Emperor what have you done

>In Midnight Chad
Fuck you for that joke and fuck me for laughing

Posting again for new bread

If you had to choose a chaos god to throw your lot in with which one would you pick and why?

I think id go with Tzeentch because he doesnt seem to actually change your personality all that much. People who worship Khorne tend to become very miffed, nurgle worshipers start loving scabs, and slaanesh worshipers get real into blood orgies. At least people who worship Tzeentch don't change that much. (IIRC)

Plus if I'm with Khorne I have to get stabbed, if in with Nurgle I get permanent dissentary and if I worship Slaanesh I have to take cock from demon futas. With Tzeentch I can relax in cozy crystal libraries and learn dank secrets.

What's with those sanctified dongs they're dangling?

kek

Alpha legion

I'm much more terrified of becoming a different person than just having my appearance changed.

What any non-Death Guard Chaos player should do. Have all the quirky fun of the traitor legions while still fighting for the Emperor. I'm currently building an army of Thousand Chads.

Nice trips

Slaanesh because fuck you, boobs. 1 to 6 on average.

Which Undivided Chaos Legion do you think I should go for?

>Black Legion
>Word Bearers
>Iron Warriors

So who's picking Reasonable Marines and switching CT and startagems each games for maximum advantages ?

Boy am I ever glad you can leave the Holy Boners off as they're separate pieces.

Whats with the Iron warriors cutting off their chaos parts? Do they not actually like chaos?

Black Legion. Word Bearers are canocally the worst and Iron Warriors are over-rated. Play the big bad guy.

How do you approach someone you suspect uses loaded dice?

Soooo, Ultramarines everytime?

Why are these guns so fucking ugly?

Question:

If a space marine at armour +3 is hit by an AP3 weapon, do they still get an armour save of 6, or does the AP3 negate the +4 +5 and +6 save. I've been playing it, so that we get the +6 because +3 minus AP3 = 6

So.. Whats the name of your Primaris Chapter ?

Do you have a problem with Forgeworld?
No? Get Word Bearers. Their Horus Heresy stuff looks damn fine.
Yes? Get Black Legion. No need for FW and you can pick and choose from all the God-stuff.
Ambivalent? Get Iron Warriors. You'll want the Renegades list to field some siege engines with your trench marines.

Dark Angels

there isnt Ap3 anymore.
its AP-3.
And yes you get a 6+

Whole model is kinda fugly to be honest

Realistically, as in the Chaos gods are knocking down my door and demanding I pick one?

Probably Nurgle.

I wouldn't last long with Khorne, excess is not my thing so I'd be miserable and/or exhausted with Slaanesh, and I'm simply not ambitious enough for Tzeentch.

Being a disease factory doesn't sound great either, but if there is one thing Nurgle offers its the ability to cope, and contentment, though not necessarily happiness (unless the memes are true).

m.youtube.com/watch?v=d2TP6DZpmfA

From behind with a buck knife user!

why would you take the worst CT ?

Any word on rules?
Im guessing those shoulder rockets are shorter ranged Krak Missiles

Sky Sentinels.

They REALLY hate Magnus and the Thousand Sons.

Aside from that, generic Ultramarine successor.

Well, people who worship Tzeentch start to develop sudden mutations, which is worse than any personality trait imo.

Personally I'd prefer Slaanesh because I'd be much more okay with dubstep, BDSM and drugs than with brutally slaughtering everyone around me on a whim or slowly collecting diseases the way other people collect post stamps.

Hold up 3 fingers, count up three times, thats your save. That's unironically how I've been remembering.

See

The Raven Guard

There is only one Legion to choose if you don't want to be Alpha.

>wild rider red, fire gradon bright and yriel yellow.
Ty user, as is traditional I only have the FDB on me at the moment, so I think I might start with Evil Sunz Scarlet, then Troll Slayer then FDB then probably just a dot or two of Ceramite White.
If that doesn't work properly I'll grab the yellow and WRR/White Scar.

Caliban green looks good, especially since it comes in a spray, which is always handy for things like Dunecrawlers.

who else here is going to be going to their local store to play a few games today?

>tfw have 25 more models to paint.

Bells of Terra. Strong bonds with the Ecclesiarchy, newly founded chapter, they home is a Shrine World. They aid pilgrim ships and protect other shrine worlds, sometimes with preemptive strikes on threads who are suspected to be closing in.

>he actually plays 40k
>he actually buys models
>he isn't just a shitposter

yes. OP has been a cuck and didn't include link to this vid in the OP:
youtube.com/watch?v=qpvAr9DRmgQ

>slaanesh
>not brutally slaughtering everyone around you on a whim
But Slaanesh worshippers are possibly the most whimsical chaos followers. Remember that story when abaddon's messenger goes to an EC warband and they're like "yeah, nah, we feel like fighting today, just for the hell of it"?

Probably going to play my first game tonight (T'au)

You start not trusting anyone with paranoic tendencies and you are not to be trusted. Also literal bird-headed sorcerer.

i don't know, looks like all chaos gods are utter trash to follow.

Well sure, but that's only until you wake up and the soles of your feet are full of eyeballs that hurt like a sumbitch if you step on them. Or when your teeth start growing inward or when Tzeentch thinks it'd be funny for you to have a second head grow out from between your butt cheeks.
At least when Khorne gives me a massive pair of horns for goring chaps I'd be too raving mad to give a damn

>no black people left in the imperium
>crime still exists
this doesn't make sense GW

Fuck Winters.

Senile old man, no place in this general.

Consider Gypsies and Arabs.

Not cannon.
Tzeentch is attracting Need and fat fucks that wants to be Schwarzenegger Olympia overnight.
That's literraly the most recent fluff.
see Tzeentch acolytes

Not Primaris only, but includes a good number.

Lances of Icarious

Yeah, I guess it's scarier to look at it that way. At least when you go to a Khorne Berzerker you can be sure he mauls you, whereas with the Noise Marine it's a coin toss whether he'll gut you or hug you.

Salamanders are shit because LOL CAPTAINS
Ravenguard are shit because LOL RAPIDFIRE
White scars are shit because LOL ASSAULTING WITH MARINES
Imperial fists are shit because LOL COVER DOESNT MATTER

Ultramarines are the best tactic for allowing marines to do the job they were assigned to do most effectively without overlapping other marine rules.

Hashut, easy.

>No black people left

I dont think thats true.

Also have you never been to Russia/the UK?

recap to SM codex news:
>all Troops are ObSec now

>Fast Attack changes
>Attack Bike 35 (was 45)
>Bike 25 (was 31)
>Inceptor 30 (was 45)
>Land Speeders 70 (was 80)

>Transports
>Droppod 93 (was 103)
>LSS 70 (was 80)

>weapon costs unchanged (only about 40% of ranged weapons could be checked though)

Just had my first 500 test game.

He brought a Tervigon.
But it left via the Warp before it moved and I am Euphoric

I think Im turning Slaneshii~

Gutting you of course being the preferable result.

>UK
>overrun by child-raping pakis
>Russia
>populated entirely by subhuman slavs
Your point?

Of course it's still canon, have you LOOKED at Magisters and Curselings?
And who's to say the fat fucks who can turn into Kairic Acolytes aren't riddled with mutations in their fat fuck form?

Thats what I meant. Non black crime.

None of those groups are black, that's the point.

I'll give it a pass if it had a mini-gatling gun arm option, but nope, just shitty looking gun.

Actually I think it's the same guy who design the Admech stuff, same style of flamer, same style of shitty looking bolter. Should've let the guy who design the Skitarii stuff to design the guns.

They aren't white either.

>manlet detected

but there are blacks. Necromunda was full of them, look at what happens there.

No shit, Dwarves are proper manlets.

Raven Guard > Salamanders > Smufs = BTs > Fists > White Scars > Hands

I think if you play that list again nobody will ever play you again.

Aren't ultramarines atheists? Sillyman knew the Emperor being non divine so wouldn't they not have sanctified bs?

>anything
>better than fists

Answer is:

Raven Guard=>Salamanders>Ultramarines>White Scars>Black Templars>Iron Hands>Imperial Fists

>Imperium is smart enough to keep blacks segregated from the main population
At least they do something right.

Yeah they are all think in roman theorems or some shit. Girly man himself is just using the church to secure enough power before revealing himself to be alphraius.

Ignores cover on everything is way better than a 6+ FNP the fuck are you on?

>tfw to retarted to tell what this means
im about to finish college too

ttgamingdiary.wordpress.com/2017/07/21/review-codex-space-marines-datacards/
They are kinda shit when compared to other space marine units like Centurions, but at Power 6 they are at least cheap.
Their biggest problem is that they are unfocused and shizophrenic in rules and loadout.
>Do I want to move forward and shoot while advancing, negating my ability to double tap?
>Do I want to dive into melee to use my fists, negating all my guns?
>Do I stay still and fire twice, negating the added mobility and the CC loadout?
S4 AP0 D1 is not helping matters.
But, as I said, they are cheap in Power and it's reasonable to assume they will be cheap in points as well. Just don't expect them to out-perform other elite troops.

>ravenguard
>doesn't apply to transports
>marines only jump out in rapidfire range
>even with a 15" rapidfire the opponent just moves before shooting
>they get 2+ in cover anyway

The tactic is literally useless

>-1ap for a unit once or twice a game, sometimes never
>better than a universal 6+ FNP

lol no

Ignores Cover is not remotly as relevant as it used to be, dipshit. Read the rules.

>I have no ideas how cover works now, but I'll still run my mouth.

It doesn't save my fucking death company army

>playing fluffy Raven Guard with a -1 to hit available

Lol. Why do you think Flyers and Ghostkeels are so good?

Those -1s are very strong.

> Hmm... new chad chaplain looks rad as f-WAIT WHAT THE FUCK IS STICK LMAO

Did we ever settle if Gate of Infinity counts as movement for heavy weapons?

>all marine armies are melee-only

>opponent only gets benefit of cover once or twice a game, sometimes never
Ah yes, the ongoing campaign for control of Planet Bowlingball.

Why is the entire numarine range so fucking ugly?

We uh, already know the point costs, you know that, right? They're 43 points with either loadout.

Unless it says it does, it doesn't.

The tactic doesn't apply to flyer you colossal dummy.

Also those units are good because of the range on their weapons and they get the shroud all the time. Ravenguard lose it when it actually matters.

the not-tacticals are pretty great, even if they have flat faces

>so NPC that his troops are useless
kek

I never said it does nigger.

I said those -1s are what make Flyers great. Having it on most of your army for the first few turns is very strong.

>The tactic doesn't apply to flyer you colossal dummy.
He never said that, genius. He just said that -1 To Hit on Flyers and Ghostkeels is good, ergo it's also good on Raven Guard.

Chaplain dreadnought = 204
2 fists, 2 storm bolters

Dreadnought = 139
multi melta, fist, storm bolter
Dreadnought = 148
Assault cannon, fist, heavy flamer
Venerable Dreadnought = 177
heavy plasma cannon, fist, heavy flamer
Deredeo Dreadnought = 232
autocannons, heavy bolters, missile battery

2 tarantulas = 54
twin heavy bolters

Siege Dreadnought = 192
multi melta, seismic hammer, melta gun
Leviathan dreadnought = 353
2 claws, 2 heavy flamers, 2 meltaguns

no, fuck you. he's been giving some good information here. he IS a cuck for not slowly panning over the point cost and weapon lists though, claiming that they are unchanged

>Heavy Support (take with grain of salt, images blurry, especially at the top)
>Centurion Dev 60??? or 80??? (was 65)
>Hellblaster 18? (was 20)
>Hunter 80??? or 90??? (was 90)
>Predator 90?92? (was 102)
>Stalker 80? (was 90)
>Thunderfire Cannon 26/55? (was 36/28, has AP -1 now and Tremor rounds stratagem)
>Vindicator 135 (was 160)
>Whirlwind 75 (was 90)

Uh...

correct. even Bolter Drill is awful

It's a pimpcane.

Is it really? new myself. Seemed good