Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

DA GREATEST PILOTZ TA EVA GRACE DA SKIEZ Edition

>Spess Marine Codex Preview
imgur.com/a/J8agS

>FAQ (New FAQ):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/02/warhammer-40000-faq-now-available-july2gw-homepage-post-1/

>FW FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Designer's Commentary (FAQ 0.1)
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Warhammer_40000_Designers_Commentary-ENG.pdf

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Old megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Mork's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Being a dark angels player, having black knights I am quite annoyed with the inceptor chads, they do what my bikes do bettef.

What's the point of my models? Why shouldn't I just ditch the whole ravenwing and go chad?

When are they going to make truescale Primaris marines?

For the Dank Mechanicum!

Third or fourth for the craftworld.

True sons of the lion are unwavering in their faith. And wait for the emperor-damned codex.

So I was doing some maths and if youre using power levels as Orks and want to bring a lots of skorchas, rather than doing the typical "nobs with kombi-skorchas in trukk), where per every 5 nobz its 11 pl, but for 16 pl you could get 5 skorcha buggies which have triple the wounds and Outriders which allows them to deploy behind the enemy, getting skorchas in range turn 1. Does this seem like a good tactic?

Only my faith in the strength of Sammael's forces is wavering, brother.

Belial's men are pulling their weight and more.

Hey guys, how are you all doing today?

Well, thank you.

Can I mix and match terminator armor styles in a squad? Terminator armor is the same statwise, regardless of Mk....

>Terminator armor is the same statwise
Except for those movement penalties and invulns

They are already truescale, thats the whole point.

That's the point of w40k, make /your dudes/ and enjoy the game. If anyone talks shit, just ignore them and don't play with them

Decide on a mark of the armor all the others count as and enjoy.

Just make it clear to the opponent

Of course you can.

there might be some sperg somewhere who gets upset, but fuck 'em, they're you're models and your dudes.

>all the new kits contain Ultrasmurf-only transfer sheets
Really gets the neurons firing

Heh. Fat and "sick of this shit" cat.

I thought all terminator armor was the same with 8th edition

Don't encourage his shitposting

Calm the fuck down nancy

thanks guys

Not since BOP mate
>Boxed set with Mk2 Primaris and Saturnine-inspired Aggressors when

They're probably under the delusion the Gulliman model will result in most marine players going Ultra.

>not making your own 3dprinted pauldrons

How many
>This character/group appears out of nowhere when they're most needed and then disappear
units do the imperium have?

Clearly not enough with how often shit hits the fan in the galaxy.

fuck, when are they going to lean the point costs?

Faggot that have the codex are too much of faggot to just leak the point costs

Go chad or go home

>we're probably going to get more ugly marine bricks
>plastic vultures and plastic thunderbolts will never ever happen

Nothing in 40k is truescale because there is no scale to be true to. This is distinct from the issue Epic had, where Titans were half the scale of the infantry and vehicles, and then aircraft were a third separate scale, all in one game. Rather, since day one 40k has never had a coherent ground or model or time scale. Never. It's just random models thrown together, most of them with gorilla proportions. Anyone who says a 40k model is truescale first needs to explain what scale they have in their head, because GW does not have one in any of theirs. If you need a game to have a consistent scale, then don't fucking play 40k because it never will you dumb fucks.

>plastic vultures
why need that ? the resin kit is actually dopr

Flgs is hosting an escalation league starting at 500pts.
C&C?

Company Commander - 31
- Bolter

Punisher Pask - 221
- X3 Heavy Bolter

Veterans - 60

Veterans - 94
- Lascannon
- X2 Plasma gun

Veterans - 94
- Lascannon
- X2 Plasma gun

Disregard chads, play space marines.

Chads are a wonky mess of units trying desperately not to tread on regular marines toes to try to get you to buy both.

Somehow a lot of people are interpreting this as them being replacements when only Intercesors are even close to an existing unit.

Agressors good?

Just fine, you?

I'm just about to go to sleep, but I hope you all have a nice day.

Can't be bothered to repost, a couple of extra pics of an intercessor with auto rifle & grenade launcher, chaplain, and apothecary from the tail end of the last thread. From a vid GW put up on failbook.

I can't buy manlets user, they're too doofy-looking.

I want to field 2 full squad with bolters.
They are kinda cheap

>Manlets too doofy looking
>When Inceptors exist

Why bother with the iron halo if you get a 3+?

So whats good value or a safe bet for necrons to buy?

I got the start collecting, the Ghostark/warrior box is sold out everywhere and the Stalker praetor set isnt too enticing

Very cool, I love it so much.
Damn, those details. I will never archive those gorgeous lines and symbols. How the fuck do they do that?
Well, he's cool but I don't know if I would field him. At least i would change the head for one of the venerable Dreadnought.

how many pts?

Im working, I just want to keep painting. My highlights are shitty. How about you?

I've heard different things from many people so can you guys clarify how keywords work in regards to buffs?

If I take a couple units of blood angels and ultramarines, an effect that affects ultramarines will still affect those ultramarines and just not the blood angels correct? Or because I'm taking an "imperium" army do they lose keywords up to the common denominator so an effect that targets imperium would work but not ultramarines?

Been better. Whole block's lost power because some idiots with the city are working on the electrical poles but they've left without fixing anything so now I have to manually cycle my fucking fish tank filters and try not to boil alive in this heat.

Immortals are bloody good this edition.

A Cryptek is a no-brainer, the spare Deathmark heads from the warrior box will help you convert one.

I thought so too until I got my greasy sweaty hands on them.

there is a pdf on the gw site with points and stuff for the new releases

Agressors are 43 points each in either config. The points PDF is linked on the store page.

Aren't Valkyries kinda shit?

Not very heavily armed, hit on 5+, not very mobile, awful at aerial combat, most miniatures you'd want to stick in them can already deep strike.

They aren't cheap either.

So an user posted a procedure for converting the epubs to PDFs a while back. Did anyone save it?

Seen them in person a lot, they're even doofier up close.

Also the primaris marines in general have overly human proportions: Deathwatch and Thousand Sons scaled models hit the balance better, still looking like a bulky Astartes rather than a human in power armour.

129pts is cheap?

Magnetizing necrons doesnt seem to be as easy as it is with marines is it even worth it?

Telsa will be nice in games vs nids but I like the gauss for general shootery

deep strike has a >9" minimum from enemies, and the valk disembark does not.
Valk can take characters, dropping in smitters is a thing.

Dropping a full hold of Primaris Psykers?

don't know about full hold, but 4-5 smites can take out a problem unit.

Ooh, I really wouldn't try to magnetise immortals.

Okay so gauss is great for infantry fire that strips AP very well. With S5 it's even better, and can even damage T8 on a 5+ in a pinch.

Tesla combos really well with My Will Be Done, which makes it generate extra hits on a 5+. Hell, you can even charge and fight better whilst under MWBD buffs if you have the chance to overrun something weak like say, two leftover Tacticals or something. Good to remember if you're using the buff anyhow.

Valk disembark has the same, unless you only moved 20'', isn't it?

Together they give 3++

>Tfw Abbadon wants to make Chaos submit to his will and have humanity be unstoppable
>Mfw he's just like the Emperor, only doesn't bother with hiding Chaos or his own true intentions

Why is Abaddon the baddie again??

Alright user, I need something to go up to/over 50€ on my order so I don't have to pay for shipping. Also because I want those miniatures, but only one. My choices came down to:
Terminator Chaplain (Already have a chaplain, but the model is nice)
Culxeus Assassin (Fuck psykers in general)
Emperors Champion (Can't really use him, since I don't play BTs. But I love the model)
What do?

so you move EXACTLY 20".
the min rule says you must move at least 20" (greater or equal), the other stuff say if you move more than 20" (strictly greater).

So you declare you are moving exactly equal to 20".

Abbadon at this point is an Archaon cosplayer

okay refreshed my memory.
Moving exactly 20" gets you around the possible death.
And while you still have to be more than 9" away, you get to move after disembarking, which you can't do after deep striking.

He can meddle with the chaos gods because they are bound to the warp and can't leave it, all thanks to the Emperor keeping them at bay.

Abbadon the cuck wouldn't stand a chance against them, and why the fuck would I want to maim everything I see, to be paranoid, to be fucked in the ass by futa demons or to bloat in putrefaction?

I like my human life, were I can grow strong to archive goals and still be able to maintain a conversation, where i can archive enlightment without turning into a scheming birdman who's being use by a bigger bird, having sexual deviations between the limits of the law or answer for my crimes, and accept death as the natural course of nature.

>he doesn't want to get fucked in the ass by a futa daemon
Dark Angel go home.

Why does that bolter have an underslung muzzle? Theres no barrel to it. Is it a sing shot?

Thoughts on this color progression? Considering picking just one of the first two.

Because I think they implication is that they combine for a 3++.

Also it lets that model take the ultra marine relic

>thanks for the seed, asshole

psssh nothing personal brother

Grenade launcher.

According to the Horsians faction of the Inquisition. Horus tamed that power of Chaos and made it bend to his will. Their quest is to create a being similar to Horus who will enslave the Chaos Gods for the glory of mankind.

Abaddon is the closet thing to that being.

Minotaurs players out there, I just had a revelation. If you wanted to make some cool fluffy looking Greek Minotaur Marines like Moloc

Anyone figure out all the strategems and psyker piwers pseudo-shown in the new trailer?

Is he holding progenoids?

>Furious and seeking revenge, Grimnar and the majority of the remaining Space Wolves made haste for the Cadian Gate, which was in the midst of Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade.
Where did Grimnar go after Wrath of Magnus? Why wasnt he on Cadia?

>When you realize this will actually fucking work IF HE LEARNS ABOUT MALAL

OH SHIT ALL THE BLACK CRUSADES WERE EXPEDITIONS TO FIND THE ELUSIVE SONS OF MALICE

When we are talking Horusians, does anybody already have the new novel, Resurrection?

Malal isn't canon.

So I really want to get started with Dark eldar, but the only thing I'm hesitant about is the whole NPC faction thing. What do?

Are Primaris Intercessors good now?

Don't think so? Not sure.

10 man squad is 240 points IIRC which is quite a bit more expensive than a well kitted out predator.

What do you get for that? 10 S4, AP-2 D1 shots?

Meh.

That's nice and all, but you're probablyy cheaper buying from Anvil. They have torsos that look like muscle armour, and fit manlets.
I'm not too keen on giving those torsos to everyone, but sergeants and veterans could do it nicely. Pic related.

Filter :
"Malal"
"Taunigger"
and 40kg is better

why take tacticals when hellblasters exists

If your meta is marine heavy, Bolter weapon have literraly no purpose

twice as many points.

Are all the tau units listed on the 1d4chan 8ed codex page legit? Theyre going to be adding like 30 models of theyre all true i just haven't seen any of the rules or names for the new units anywhere else

It's an auto bolt rifle with an auxiliary grenade launcher. One out of every five Intercessors can add a GL to their rifle which lets them shoot Frag or Krak out to 30". Kinda serves as a Primaris special weapon dude.

This, normal cataphractii have a 4++, I believe

Dark Eldar is top 3 currently, if you discount obvious non-intended cheese that will die after codex SM comes out (Storm raven spam), and has a fighting chance against cuckscripts.

They also go their own cheese if you're willing to indulge yourself in the shape of razorflock spam and darklance vehicle spam.

Likely the strongest army in the game if you play "Dark Eldar" with the Urinary rules.

Looks worse than blood angels torso.

So ?
Each point put in an hellsblaster is actually usefull.
Tactical/intercessor will do what with S4 Ap0 D1 ?