Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1631: That's a nice fucking drill Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/battle-action-harem-highschool-side-character-quest-no-sv-you-are-the-waifu.15335/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

MUPPET SEX

But morally disgusting? Gilgamesh when he got the tainted grail mud dumped all over him. And I think that speaks for itself.

>spoiler
...I'm sorry, what?

It sounds like Nika had a very interesting time during Muppet Treasure Island.

Jumpers, what is the government of your nation like? Do you just declare "I'm the absolute, eternal monarch" and call it a day or do you have something more sophisticated in place?

Muppet's Treasure Island. I accidentally walked in on muppets having sex.

here's the thing about democracy, most people would vote for God if given the option,and there are no term limits So I keep getting reelected.

I do not rule a nation of men, for I am a king of beasts.

Gif unrelated, hopefully.

> It unfurls like a tiny sock.
> They do that huge open mouth grin.

Shield Infusions are just lying around Columbia. Booker finds most of his in locked rooms but it's likely they're sold in some of the stores that are closed.

Now you gotta tell us who!

That's a mental image that isn't going to scrub out.

You poor thing.

>most people would vote for God if given the option
Not once He starts expressing opinions different from their own.

Never watch Avenue Q, then.

The first one for my empire, which has followed me throughout the ages. When I want to fit the setting I go for president of the US and have the empire on standby

I can only imagine that it involves a lot of fisting

Probably the Tzimsce lair in VtM:B
I haven't written a jump yet where I'm any kind of monarch, but I'll be doing VtR in ancient Rome, and I'll almost certainly be Ventrue or Daeva, so politics there. I was also thinking about doing Civilization and Minecraft Perhaps also a combination jump and just saying that if anyone thinks they can defy me they're welcome to try.
I wish God would start speaking openly. Life would be so much easier if people didn't need to think for themselves, plus it'd put the whole religious conflict thing to bed.

If we get SJ to post this for review here, is there any reason it shouldn't go in the drive?

Uh, does it still count as democracy if you're using Alien Space Bat magic to ensure you're elected? Because I've got Funniest Fantasy.

Technically speaking, it's an absolute monarchy with myself at the head.
In actuality, it works more like a representative democracy, complete with an elected congress and appointed national judges. The only time the King/Queen flexes their authority is basically to say "No, you all are being fucking retarded. Stop it"

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>easier if people didn't need to think for themselves

While this is TECHNICALLY true, a lot of people would say that invalidates the whole point of faith.

normally I'd agree with you but I have charisma, social manipulation and government running perks sure in the short run lost a couple of elections but considering that the majority of technological,economic, and social progress has been directly stemming from me. Most people are going to Vote for me For second place anyway with my track record and History of civic good, so with our Australia style only direct democracy I usually come out on top.

I'm not comfortable with me calling the shots and the people I rule being expected to shut up and deal with it without raising objections or letting their concerns be known, so I have a democracy.

...Of course, there's a LOT of problems that can happen (To put it bluntly I feel that there's a lot of fixable flaws in American government but that's not for here), but I put effort into making sure they don't happen.

I'm just like the President in that I get the final say in matters. I have a congress of my subjects and they (Plus I, but I make sure not to have my name attached to those bills) can introduce bills and whatnot to get voted on.

Is it frustrating? A bit. Do I get everything I want ALL the time ever? Nope. But I'd rather not be it with me ruling only.

Kermit and Miss Piggy. I walked in on them having sex and then immediately walked out. I don't think they saw me.

I declate "I'm the absolute, eternal monarch"... And then let other take care of the actual governing with minimal oversight. Some of them elected officials, some spirits created specifically for this.

Meanwhile, I lounge in my cloud palace.

It's effectively much like a constitutional monarchy, since I hold little "official" power. But I could, technically, command anyone in the nation to do anything at all.

I rule more directly if I just get put in charge for a jump, like in Tropico, Stellaris, or Tyranids.

It's an Empire where I rule supreme, but with a bureaucracy to make sure everything runs properly and smoothly. Of course, I have to make sure it doesn't become corrupt or overly complicated/fucked up, but other then that it's actually really helpful.

I kind of like it. I don't know if I'd take the drawbacks as points, but it gave me a few ideas. I don't think it's meaningfully worse than alt-chain builder.
That's true. I just think it'd be easier if God or some similarly respected entity gave direction to mankind.
>Invalidating the point of faith
This got me a lot with Christianity. If God loves us all, why isn't he more obvious? I'd go along with a given faith if I had a shred of credibility of the divine for it. Guess I'm just faithless.

>squeel like a pig

>"We're shipmates, aren't we Jim?"
>"That's right, Kermit... shipmates."
fanfiction intensifies

Update with a few minor fixes.

Anyway what do you think of this being the final version and uploaded to the drive?

Yeah that's a valid point. Stuck in the notes.

Incidentally they're not sold in the stores. They're made by the Luteces directly and they're in a state of quantum flarhgunnstow which is why they flit between salts, health and shields until you decide what you need. More likely they're left in Booker's path specifically to give him a hand.

I'm the king, the head honcho, but it's mostly a title outside of "I can settle disputes, enact laws and act as I see fit in a governmental capacity." since I'm almost completely uninvolved with the government on the whole.

Most things from laws to budgets to holidays to various regulations and such are decided by a senate primarily composed of members from three different races that are especially adept at this sort of thing after proper training. Two of them are opinionated and (usually) sit on different sides of the fence on most things, the other third consists mostly out of mediators to keep the rest in line.

The senate also has prominent representatives from the other major races that are mostly around to make sure proper accommodations are made for them (since there's a lot of differences between races that infrastructure and building codes and whatever need to account for, including varying body types from dragons to the equivalent of gnomes). These representatives and other members of those races tend to answer to an immortal leader of that race specifically designed around being a paragon of that race that ultimately has their best interests at heart.

So, basically, you've got me at the top, the leaders of the different races, a senate primarily composed of three races and representatives from each major race constantly debating and enacting laws for the betterment of society.

I think I explained that alright.

So in the end..they ultimately don't have a choice in the matter. Hm.

Cool. Thanks!

Great to me!

Im already jumping it. I love just tossing stuff onto a suit of armor and having it upgrade.

Just one question, what if we toss an ai chip into the hammerapace?

To be fair, even in the OT where God was very much obvious and present, shit still went wrong because people are stupid. Could be that the Big Man Upstairs is trying a more indirect approach this time around. Also could be the fact that a lot of saints who did perform miracles were declared witches or heretics and then brutally murdered. I mean, Charles VII had multiple chances to save Joan of Arc, and even had the local Bishop beg him to save her, and he completely ignored all of it for...some reason. And then she got burned at the stake as a witch.

Oh right, and social programs are run like the ones in Denmark. My society is post-scarcity, so the only problems that we have are distribution of resources which I make sure doesn't happen.

What is this based on?

Looks good to me. Though now I feel like I should go reread the quest, remind myself of important details. So, later, I guess.

did you not read what I said over at ? I'm not some "Divine Chancellor for life" sometimes other Rando's Beat me in these elections and usually they do a Okay job,but since terms are every 10 years and I have a proven track record and its Australia style, I'm usually in charge, not always usually.

forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/battle-action-harem-highschool-side-character-quest-no-sv-you-are-the-waifu.15335/

VERY WELL. PREPARE FOR RETARDED FANFICTION. Like all wars, the Great Potato Crisis had its roots seeded in history, and many events had been leading up to the conflict in question. It was originally thought to just be a continuation of the Romance of the Infinite Kingdoms and the politics involved, but the involvement of many outside factors and factions caused the war to escalate. As the war involved multiple factions, there are many conflicting accounts of the war, many of which feature the continued insistence there was no war and such would never happen. Another source of minsiformation is that almost all the successor factions involved insist that their side won, leading to conflicting accounts of how the battles went, and many of these false accounts involve some sort of shonen power up or the use of Cosmic Energy (friendship).

The origin of the conflict was a gathering of the Jumper Council, a collective diplomatic body of Jumpers for negotiating peace and resolution of any sort of hostilities. However, the council had no real structure or ability to agree on everything, and many of the members would abuse perks to receive favoritism, nepotism, and freebies from other Jumpers. This was part of the ongoing Meta War, a cold war caused by the use of perks with a macro effect, and had created a large amount of corruption and high tensions in the council. What truly began the war is when Council Member Tyros would begin a speech about his preferred 'best girl', one of the audience members threw a potato at him as a prank. He immediately flew into a rage and threw accusations around the entire table before stabbing Princess Lilyheart in the chest. She survived this thanks to an advanced healing factor and the timely arrival of her three-headed unicorn companion Mr. Stick, but this would quickly escalate into a brawl that destroyed the Council's meeting chambers and the entirety of Finland in Universe 1056.

I need to stop disappearing into the Abyss for weeks at a time, I totally missed that this was being worked on. Also, I find it hilarious that a less traumatized Anna is a drawback. Either way, fun jump!

A quest over on Sufficient Velocity: Battle Action Harem High School Side Character Quest, or "No, SV, YOU are the waifu!". The idea is that it's sort of your typical light novel cliche world, but the viewpoint character is the awesome ace pilot girl instead of the bland wish fulfillment dude who inevitably winds up waifuing her.

Ah, also, quick question: Can the /a/ board see us looking at the /a/ board? Like, can we have a recursive "Jumper watches /a/ comment on his watching /a/ comment on the show" sort of thing? Because that sounds hilarious.

Welcome back user Heart

Heeeeyyyyyy! Good to see you, Heart.

The conflict began as a mess of chaos and an ongoing battle that outlasted the destruction of the Council's meeting place, with no side sure about who was fighting who as chains of alliances and perks rapidly collided with each other, the most gross example of this being when the Empire of Crimson-Scarlet nearly declared war on itself in the confusion. Accusations of betrayal, corruption, NTR, and magical realming went in all directions, with onlookers attempting to exploit the conflict. After the Battle of Jupiter and the subsequent Blue Whale Agreement (named after what one of the royalist Jumper corpses resembled after taking a fatal blow) led to the creation of two major factions: The Alliance of Free Jumpers (which was mainly royalists and empires wanting to expand their dominion), and The Faggots [name was made by a group vote](independent Jumpers who wanted to either overthrow said royalists or just thought conquest builds were stupid). Thus, the Great Potato Crisis war began proper. The one who threw the potato, a Jumper who was just visiting after his first jump to Pokemon, was quoted saying 'I just threw a fucking potato, for god's sake.'

The first 'real' battle of the war (once all the infighting had settled down, see The Lilyheart Pact and The Waifu Movement for more details) would take place in Earth Not-Quite-Prime in an attempt to keep the conflict contained and to avoid drawing in yet more factions. Unfortunately, due to the Skirmish At Namek, the attention of other outside factions such as the Elder Gods and anti-Mary Sue factions like the PPC had already been brought in. Many of these factions declared Jumpers too dangerous to be allowed to continue to exist, beginning to fight both sides using gorilla warfare, while the Elder Gods would attempt to expand their own dominion.

Someone stop me

>forums.sufficientvelocity.com/threads/battle-action-harem-highschool-side-character-quest-no-sv-you-are-the-waifu.15335/
Thanks
Ah. So something interesting for once.

... Damnit, now I feel guilty that I didn't bring a completed jump with me when I returned. I'm happy to be back though!

No one cares or wants to know about your Eldrazi fetish. Please do this at SB or QQ.

hey, heaven... you're on SB too, right? poke sj and tell her to post that drawback thing for review. Also, don't stop.

>UN loses their best combat asset
>no giant moon gun project
>setting tone remains the same
Pretty clear drawback to me.

Don't worry about it, mang. No harm in taking a break.

Pretty much the Roman Empire, though with an clear line of succession to prevent the whole debacle that caused the whole thing to fall in the first place.

That I and my successors are immortal certainly helps

> what is the government of your nation like?
What would you call the Overlords from Disgaea? A monarchy? Autocracy?
Whatever it is, it's kindof like that, and if pressed for a title I actually will use the term "Overlord".
But despite all evidence to the contrary, I will actually make an attempt to make people reasonably comfortable. But I tend to put other people in charge, at the same time, because I have things to do. Lieutenants, or Sub-Kings, I guess you could say, who I usually empower to a fairly large degree, because leaders should be powerful! Often just one, but sometimes I go up to four!
And then, I tend to use a fair bit of angelic aestheticism for my rulership, so I guess... you could say I give most of the work to my Four Heavenly Kings.

But the particulars vary a bit between jumps, and oftentimes I don't have an empire at all, because looking after all that shit every jump would get really old really fast.

>the entirety of Finland
Ah, the truth behind the Finno-Korean Hyper war. Fascinating.

>The first 'real' battle of the war
To hear the veterans' quotes from that time is great.

>"Good men died protecting the honor of their waifus that day. I remember one fight - we lost the western trenches to a bunch of Touhou-fags. Spell cards and dynamite everywhere."

Good read, Heavens!

>using gorilla warfare
I'm not sure if that should be guerilla warfare, or if they used actual gorillas to fight jumpers.

Both seem plausible in this stupidity.

Garrison question for Mage Tower / Spirit Lodge

Shit works by collecting waystones to find ancient ogre portal networks to connect to the Tower / Lodge, allowing for up to three such waygates to be organized. There's also Runes of Power bullshit that can spontaneously trigger for a Garrison Commander who has a Tower, but that's relatively clear-cut.

How do you people want it to work post-jump? Finding random, bullshit-out-of-nowhere waygates from ""THE ANCIENTS"", or take the opportunity to set up your own?

how tall is the emperor?

In soul eater if you pick child of Excalibur, Great Old One of Wrath, what does gain access to the weapon table as a result mean in notes section.

>Just one question, what if we toss an ai chip into the hammerapace?

I would say the chip would be improved but the actual AI code would probably require you to manually change it to improve it.

No, but if you really wanted to I suppose you fluff it to let you post on /a/.

Well since everyone seems to approve of I'll upload it later today or tomorrow morning. Gives me a chance to go through one more time to make sure nothing is missing. I have to manually upload it right? First time jumpmaker here.

The involvement of the Elder Gods is what caused the formation of The Demonbane Pact, an alliance of Jumpers from The Meta War who agreed to put aside their difference to battle these foes in the background. We don't know if any of them succeeded because none of them exist anymore, yet the Elder Gods remain contained to E-level Universes (see Pocket Guide to Multiverse Layers for details).

The War would involve heavy use of time travel and various multiversal theatres, which would cause the destruction or retconning of several settings, and would have lasting effects across all of space and time. Other outside factions that were affected or participated in the war included The Justice League, Finnish veterans of the Hyperwar, and Jackie Chan (armed with a stepladder). The war originally went in favor of the Alliance until some grunt's anti-plan/scheme perks activated and caused the collapse of the entire Dragonball Front. The Faggots would then go on to make great gains in the following counter-offensive, until Blackdeath The Wicked Evil would betray the coalition and begin a civil war that lasted exactly two days before he was sniped by a cat with a rifle. The final battle of the war would occur in Prehistoric Kanto, when a Jumper had activated what he called 'The Ultimate Hyperweapon', which looked suspiciously like a paper mache version of Demonbane with potato fryers strapped to its kneecaps.
The answer is yes.

Doesn't matter. Please stop trying to push your invalid "jump".

Go away.

It is fine, though I wouldn't mind seeing the skeleton/wip of your current work just too see what it will look like.

>Notes:
>at the cost of current Impeller straight.
Strength?
Your Impeller constantly recharges though the amount it recharges and your Impeller’s total strength is determined by the number of hours synched to your Valkyrie Core.
I think there’s supposed to be a comma between “recharges” and “though”.

>I have to manually upload it right? First time jumpmaker here.
Yeah. It's easy, though, Google Drive is pretty convenient to use. Just right click on the Uploads page (the page itself, not the tab) and you'll get a menu for it.

I think 'set up your own' would work better as long as you have clear limits like that it has to be on the same plane of existence and maybe a cap of eight portals at once.

Valeria could do a better job on this jump.

So is there anything else with my Wee Sing jump that you think needs to be changed. I appreciate feedback, so please let me know how things look overall.

Either or. Random waygates would be more amusing, but being able to just make shit would be much more useful.

Around 12 feet tall normally, though he can change his size/height on demand with psychic powers just like Magnus can.

Wait, Anna ACTUALLY forgot how to run? Gods.

Great jump, especially for the first time! Now to actually read that quest, as I was planning to...~

I'd rather see it spring up random portals to interesting places, but I think it would be more useful if you could decide where to place them. Maybe just allow people to choose?

>Someone stop me
Please don't, this is entertaining.

Nobody cares.

To note, when asked on Discord, Avalanche mentioned that Hypervelocity Cannons aren't standard-issue for valkyries. Particle Projectors are though.

For a moment there I was worried the Hyperweapon was gonna be something weird.

Besides Astolfo what other trap waifus are there?

Is there anything that would allow you to harm someone through their "avatar" like Scion (Worm) or the Eldrazi (MtG)?

It means that aside from just being able to transform into a holy sword, you can further customize that form using the Weapon Customization Section and the options therein.

>trap waifus

user, that's not how that works.

user that's gay. It's gay and that's alright. Just accept that it's gai.

Both could work, but most would prefer being about to set up their own.

How about you stop pretending to be multiple people?

No one can agree on how the battle ended because there none of the participants survived. All we know is that the battle resulted in the Potatobane pilot having a heart attack before actually activating the Multiverse Destruction Device since he had eaten about 500 fried potatos beforehand and forgot to turn his infinite stomach perks back on, the Alliance collapsing as most of the royalists died in the opening moves of the battle, and the Faggots all fought each other to either control or destroy The Ultimate Weapon before finally giving up and going home, citing 'multiplayer was a fucking stupid idea anyways.' Since then, the Potato Accord was signed, which forbade the involvement or meeting of multiple Jumpers in the same multiversal sector, and the event became a hostile meme said to retroactively erase the memories of all participants. But several people had perks for that, so it didn't really take. The Great Potato War remains as an eternal warning about how deep the Waifu Wars can go, and how a bunch of multiversally superpowered idiots can ruin everything for everyone. One person has been quoted saying, 'Well, that was stupid. I bet it'd make a really cool movie, though.'

This was dumb.

Set up your own.

Could you wire it into other portal networks if you're setting them up at the same time?

Someone had to give you an actual response.

Are there any good jumps for getting an actual fleet of space ships?

user, it's okay to be gay. I know that it can seem frightening for some to admit that they like men when they're a man, but you'll be a much healthier person when you accept this part of yourself.

I believe in you.

Why do people keep posting images from this shit anime?

Metaverse Navigator from Persona 5, maybe?

Schrodinger. Schreiber. Hideyoshi.

>Potatobane
You owe me new ribs, Heavens.

Still want good multiplayer in my life, though.

One of the Dragon Balls had a thing.

I use it

Would that even work on such inhuman entities? Also, not quite what I'm looking for.

She also basically shut down her circulatory and respiratory systems, and was running a decent chunk of her mind through Durga. How much we don't know, because she couldn't actually tell whether she was using Durga when she was playing chess.