Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Actually playing the game edition! What games are you playing to apply to? Tell me about your character ideas.

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/81935/essentia-our-last-days (Ends in 4 days)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/82673/iron-gods (Ends in 1 week) (suspected bamboozle)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83254/carnal-crown (Ends in 2 weeks)
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (Ends in 1 month)

I just want to play a turtle with a shotgun.

Vesk from a High Gravity world. Focus on Heavy armor.

Your turn: what's his/her motivation and backstory?

Why is iron gods a suspected bamboozle? Did I miss something?

The DM disappeared for 5 days by now without any notice whatsoever.
Given that it's a sockpuppet account with 0 hours played, that's grounds for worry.

Has anyone reviewed the Carnal Crown apps yet?

We're waiting for you to submit your character so we can do t right and proper

Why does Iron Gods have TWO Kemono Friends Large sized animalgirl crafters who lived with Baine?

Because Baine is a lewdist.

I'd love to tell you, but other than general turtle mannerisms and personality, I tend to adjust background based on game.

He speaks slowly and carries a big stick, basically Teddy if he was a turtle.

None, since I'm running a PF game at the LGS.

If only the players would email me about the game between sessions.

None!

I have so many character ideas, but no time!

I have a limited schedule so I'm keeping myself from applying to games until Starfinder drops. I did write an app for Carnal Crown I won't be posting that's just a stereotypical vampire hunter, and it'll be a bit disappointing that I won't get to play the whip build.

None. They all look like ass.

I have no games I want to apply to, or even have time to apply to, but I also have too many fucking characters to even keep track of them all. Sooner or later I want to play a Lion Catfolk with a Lion animal companion.

Why do people continue to make anime applications when we know they don't work?

>joke about getting our Dhampir a coffin to travel in, due to their aversion to sunlight
>she actually agrees, and asks if I could enchant it too

So this is what meme-ing too hard feels like.

Lots of games took in anime applications.

Good going, Chaika-user!

masks for musclegirls never

Examples from you two please?

Someone did a single review last week but hasn't been heard from since, so I'd say they're probably dead just like Iron Gods reviewanon.

Darkstar in WotR literally uses lewd anime art.

Which Carnal Crown characters do you think your character would have been most fun to play alongside, if you had decided to app in?

The number of anime applications to the number of accepted anime applications is downright disgusting.

Wait, is there no CHA caster in Starfinder?

And android operative who decided to go innawoods to find himself and started working on his singing and guitar playing. He posts his stuff on space youtube under an alias because he's still a bit shy and embarrased about singing infront of people.

Maybe I'll make one in your memory
I forgot the more important parts of that post, like the doofus I am: The heck kind of enchantments should I even put on a "luxury coffin"? A constant Prestidigitation effect to keep the thing tidy and comfortable during trips? Something that helps the healing process?

Then, what kind of custom magic items have you made or found? Anything that you're proud of and would want to use again?

Local ties is hands down the best campaign trait IMO. Being able to use either Know: Engineering or DD without having technologist is huge specially for nonhuman PCs who initially can't afford it.

You'll notice that almost everyone has it so I foresee the final lineup (if this actually runs) to more or less be some sort of multi racial family sitcom along the lines of Brady bunch.

>TFW IG is SotJR v2.0

I just want everyone here to know that I hate each and every one of you.

You're the only person in this thread I like.

Same here, I would actually kill you if I could.

Possibly joining a CoTCT group (1PP only)starting soon and with the chain coat from AA2 allowing dual wielding of spiked chains I'm considering playing as a full on follower of Zon Kuthon. How does this look for feats?

Human Two Weapon Warrior 6 /Sentinel of Zon Kuthon 10

Fighter 1- 1st level feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency(Spiked Chain), Weapon Finesse, Two Weapon Fighting
Fighter 2- 2nd level feat: Divine Fighting Technique: Zon Kuthon's Flensing
Fighter 3- 3rd level feat: Deific Obedience
Fighter 4- 4th level feat: Weapon Focus: Spiked Chain
Sentinel 1- 5th level feat: Combat Expertise
Sentinel 2- 6th level feat: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Sentinel 3- 7th level feat: Improved Trip
Sentinel 5- 9th level feat: Greater Weapon Focus
Sentinel 7- 11th level feats: Greater Two Weapon Fighting, Greater Trip
Sentinel 9- 13th level feat: Combat Reflexes
Fighter 5- 15th level feat: Improved unarmed strike
Fighter 6- 16th level feat: Vicious Stomp

Does giving water to someone who has been shot and its thirsthy kill him more quickly?

>Offering an example from Tuvarkz's shitshow
What did he mean by this

Anime applications are honestly the only ones that work in this environment.

But they don't, tho.

Which game do you run, user?

>Zon Kuthon
ew

Did they already write in what stats the Casters will rely on?

Either way, there's a 3pp book coming out at the same time about porting classes over to Pathfinder. It will be banned immediately

Tell me, which anime apps have gotten into a high-profile game?

There are two caster classes.
Technomancer, who is int, and Mystic, who is wis.

Rory and Rinka are shamelessly anime.

>Anime works because it worked in a shamelessly anime game from 6 months ago!

Pottery.

Give him a Cigar.

Or is everyone in the future vaping?

Makes me wonder why he would what a CHA Caster, then.

I know what I want to make for Starfinder, oh my god.

I want to make a Kasatha continually LARPing as a Private Investigator based directly off of old Noir films. His mouth will be obscured by cigarette smoke and his beige trenchcoat.

Don't be like that. Who doesn't enjoy a little pain now and then

What's the best race-exclusive feat and why is it Natural Charmer?

>Waiting to see if Starfinder even supports the kind of game I want to run

Now that we're finally getting some apps rolling in for Essentia, where are our reviewanons at? I want to see some lengthy discussions about apps, and I want it now! What are your favorites for the Council, anons?

A cigarette, a beer, a Space revolver, and what else will they carry?

What kind of game do you want to run?

>What kind of game do you want to run?
One with no space or aliens. I'm woried that the system will support space opera well enough but won't run well with other stylings of sci-fi. I've been keeping up and I'm good so far, but I'm afraid the book will come out and all the planning I've already done and will do over the coming month will go to waste.

That reminds me of a character I have lined up for an Eclipse Phase game. In case you don't know about that system, it's a sci-fi game set in a hypothetical future of Earth where humanity has expanded throughout the solar system and we've developed the technology to basically put your mind on a microchip. You can easily change bodies just by having the microchip put in a different body (a different "morph" as they're called in-setting). You can also upload your mind to cyberspace, become what's known as an infomorph.

Well, my idea was basically that a group of hardcore, dedicated LARPers had all uploaded themselves as infomorphs into a giant fantasy-world computer simulation. It was a huge group of people that all lived together on an asteroid station made specifically to host this simulation. So, my character idea is a second-generation LARPer in the group, as in someone who was born to a pair of LARPers and basically grew up in this environment. She knows it's just a big RP thing, not real life, but because it's how she was raised she still takes it all pretty seriously. So when she is forced to leave the station by the circumstances of the campaign, she suits up in a morph made to look like her character from the LARP, which is the princess of goblinkind (seeing as her parents played the goblin king and his highest consort.

So you've got this girl in a goblin more running around, using an oversized sniper railgun because her character in the LARP snipes with a crossbow. And she is very insistent about not breaking character, to the point that she typically only does so to explain to other people why she thinks she's a goblin princess and other important stuff.

A friend and I had worked out the relationship between our two characters, his character being a much more serious and no-nonsense sort of guy, a scavenger who is just interested in getting some cash and evading the law.

I feel this is a softball thing I should funpost at hard, but instead I'm going to ask again for more details.

Wouldn't there be a more appropriate system for what you want anyway?

>when a player dies and all they do is bitch
I hate you, John.

It's possible. My range of systems isn't so great that I'm aware of one, but I do think that concepts should be run in appropriate systems rather than forcing inappropriate systems to fit them.

What I have in mind I started planning and building around the Starfinder information already available, so as said I am good soooooo far. Have the appropriate background for every class, the technology level is accounted for, ecetera. It's mostly a matter of curveballs and system aspect weight that's worrying me right now. Basically, things like the power level being far removed from my expectations or starships ending up more integral to the game instead of being something I can cut out.

What could be some fun encounters for a group of dragon riders?

Also what are some fun school/academy shenanigans I could throw their way when the dragons are still wyrmlings and the riders are low level?

It's roll with it. Unless you're fighting in a box, you should basically never fail to both negate the enemy's attack and get out of reach of the next. A melee opponent without enough friends needs to pull a swift action movement out of his ass during a full attack or do something besides hitting to deal with you.

The only downside is nobody wants to play the race it's on.

Starfinder devs confirmed some time before you can run the game without any space just fine.
Spaceship stuff is an optional part of the game.

Noel/Scarlet from Hell's Rebels B.
The entirety of Hell's Rebels A.
There's at least four or five apps right there.

Are they new to the game?

No, we've played together for like 5 years.
All he does is bitch whenever he dies.

Rivalry with Gryphon school

Think anime. Wyvernlings thinking they are going to the dance and 'dress' up with flower petals and grass they rolled around in

How often does it happen?

Is it his fault?

Don't forget the pegasus school as well.

Are there any ways to increase a mount's speed permanently (aka not under the effects of a spell)?

Usually only once per campaign.

And not usually, he just gets unlucky and happens to get singled out by 2-3 enemies that can't get to the other party members.

Just hit, for maximum anime: have a full grown dragon come to the parent/teacher conference. Have the players try to find out which dragon it is the parent of.

Hint: It's the adoptive parent of an absent PC

How is Tuvarkz's WOTR going, anyway?

Only one session so far. Did 2 or 3 encounters, a lot of bugs. Ezpz. Next session is Friday

Nothing strange to report on so far, except encounters being not quite scaled up to deal with the 7-man gestalt party. The SJW-bait npc is not a thing.

it lost 2 members already after its first session

Lmao which two?

pls

>a lot of bugs
>encounters being not quite scaled up

... He didn't just run it straight from the book, right? Like you weren't 7 (?) level 4 gestalts with 3pp and huge point buys fighting CR1/2 cockroaches, right?

Right?

>SJW-bait npc
lol

Get it boots of springing and striding done up to fit its slot.

thanks

Nah, the bugs had definitely gotten a few powerups, judging by the amount of punishment they had to take before going down. And the climb sequence managed to split our party pretty well, landing our squishy casters right in the thick of it. Still, it was definitely a bit underwhelming.

Ruhiel and some other person

>The entirety of Hell's Rebels A.

Literally just a quarantine game for 2hu.

Which of DHB's class's archetypes are the best? Which is the highest tier?

No, it doesn't do any harm. The reason you don't give food or water to someone who is injured in modern times is because they might have to operate, and if he has food or water in his system and he is sedated, he could choke on his own vomit and die when the sedatives and anesthesia make him sick.

Checking, only Ruhiel's player has actually left the game. Who else are you talking about?

That archer is so fluffy, I want to hug her!

>Ruhiel's player has actually left the game
There goes 90% of the group's damage.

He... What did he do to Anevia? Irabeth?

>Another falls victim to Iron gods bamboozle
>Motherfucker isnt even using the right campaign traits

While your post itself is the worst of shitposts, your image reminds me that I need actual pictures of archers, since all I have on-hand is fire emblem art. Archer girls would be nice, but I know I'm just going to get endless fire emblem and anime girls, one of which I could just find myself.

Ha! So it's down to just one member of the original top 6 Tuv wanted? Too funny!

>What else will they carry?

Nothing, that hand will be in his pocket. If it needs to be doing something, it will be thumbing a silver dollar.

Don't remember the name of it, but the "muh genderfluid" starter NPC was written out of the game. Good riddance desu.
To be honest, I feel like the game will be a lot more enjoyable without Ruhiel just steamrolldunking everything and everyone. Half-giant PoW is a pretty op meme.

Why are there 7 people anyway?

Tuvarkz is greedy.
Also Mordred.

Make a character art thread. If I can find the motivation to get on my actual computer, I'll post in it.

Anevia wasn't a bad character, though? In fact, if Tuvarkz had such a problem with her he could've made her a "natural" woman, as in she was ALWAYS a woman.

Hell, you could've made Irabeth into a half-Orc bara hunk.

Well, /pfg/, my bard died. I was given a choice to come back by my GM however, as my party can't afford to resurrect me. My choices are:
>come back with the ghoul corruption
>come back with one level ahead of the party, but that level will be in the reanimated medium archetype, and when the rest of the party levels up, I will not level as they'll be catching up to me. This level can never be retrained until I get a proper resurrection.
Which one seems like the better deal?

What do you do when one player is clearly killing the DM's enjoyment, but he won't admit it to himself and remove that player?

Too bad, I was lookign forward to righteous outrage and confusion when the Lawe and Order fanatics realize they're traveling with a person whose mind and body are infused with pure chaos.

you don't need to be a half gi for the 4d6 butcher axe. Half gi just gets powerful build easier.