Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Totally not vampires edition.
How do you hide your very serious skin condition that makes you unable to step into sunlight?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1Nvfjc2TwAz2exC3aXWnHKG5td23XZ_spBPSLX3rxZPo/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You throw a lot of shade,

It wasn't Pathfinder, but I had one fashion obsessed vampire character who wore a Carmen Sandiago level hat and fancy cloak year round.

Claim you're an albino, which explains away your pale skin, red eyes and unwillingness to be exposed to direct sunlight.

You also have skin cancer, which makes it double bad to be exposed to UV light.

Page fucking 7, shitlord.

How was your weekend, /pgg/? Do anything fun or exciting, game-related or otherwise?

Explain that you're actually a fungus that is harmed by exposure to bright light.

We TPK'd in my non-PF game.

P A G E 7
A G E 7 P
G E 7 P A
E 7 P A G
7 P A G E

An unfortunate turn. How did it happen?

TPK to a fuckmassive pseudo-roman werewolf in my 5e game.

Me and the party fought an ogre and saved Farmer Henderson.

Tell us about the vampires you've played! Are they cute? Whose blood do they suck? Do they also succ?

Each PC's deck shit the bed in a very important Emperor duel. I blame myself most of all, as the Emperor, for not having done a better job deciding who I needed to march creatures to when. I was one turn away from completing my game-winning combo when my ally to my left lost, putting me in the range of influence of the enemy team's monoblue faeries deck. In the face of their counter magic and removal, I was unable to perform my combo.

The party lesbians are having a baby.

Another one-seems it was an unlucky weekend for a lot of people. Did the werewolf simply murder you all straight up, or were there other circumstances?

Our DM's tendency to throw far-above-party-CR enemies at us finally exploded.
Frenzy Barbarian werewolf with enough fighter levels for 4 attacks a turn at advantage with +12 is just too much.
Probably did around 400 damage to the fuck, but he focused our healers so it turned into clusterfucky rocket tag before he finally downed us.

Only vampire I've played was in D&D 4e because I never got into V:tM and all other editions of D&D jack them up so much even at level 1 that no one should ever allow one to be playable.
It was nice, though, if a bit weak as the levels passed early heroic.

Has Henderson been troubled by monsters long, or was the ogre a more recent development?

>Celestial comet passes over the world every 40 years, has done so for a long time
>Something is clearly wrong with it on it's latest cycle, and it crashes into the planet and causes widespread devastation
Too cheesy? I need some kind of apocalyptic event for the backstory of a setting

The ogre was part of a much bigger problem. Some bizarre, fleshy life-form was going around feasting on wildlife and farm animals. It was also using their corpses as shells to disguise itself.

Sounds fine to me. I'm pretty sure that's the exact backstory of the Yogscast's 5E campaign, though.

>playing a vampire in 4e
You poor thing.

...There's a yogscast 5e campaign?

As nice as it is they're building a family, that might make it difficult to adventure.

I love it, explains cosmic power and geopolitical shifts. It's about as cheesy as the Conjunction of the Spheres for the Witcher!

Hey all, been a while since I've been back over here because I've been busy as hell with Spheres of Might as well as other projects. What I can say is that I am planning a playtest for the upcoming Legendary Gunslingers, not sure if I can promise any other playtests at the moment, not sure what all my schedule's gonna entail, but figured I'd let ya know I'm not dead.

JOLLY
YOU'RE ALIVE

Ya. Why would a DM do that to themselves.

Greetings from /k/
I'm going to be a gm4 a home-brewed Pathfinder Adventure coming up soon. I have only played Pathfinder a few times, but I found it marvelously fun, and have played other tabletop D20 based games. Bought all the Pathfinder books that came recommended, about five of the big ones, a few Amazon Kindles, a pound of dice, Etc.

Is there any good advice for a new DM? I'm worried about having to look up rules in the middle of the game, and I and the players do not like the grid system and like the more imaginative means of player location relative to the environment found in other games.

I'm not trying to Railroad them too much, but I do have a standard questline written. Got to beat the bad guy with magical weapons and take a ride through a dark fantasy world with elements from Wheel of Time and the black company.

I'm worried I will mess up combat, and get confused with these things, that I really want the players to have a good time and not have to rely so much on looking things up.

Tldr: dumb POG thinks he has the imagination to be a DM for some first timers. Tips would be appreciated.

5 total people, I think only three of them have played a tabletop RPG. 3 Girls 2 Guys. Girls are not typical girls, they are super nerds who volunteer at Comic-Con every year.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing it.

Is it true that 2hu killed Spheres of Might?

Glad to hear you're ok. What do we have to look forward to from Legendary Gunslingers?

What sort of Pathfinder character would your Pathfinder character make?

If you like looser movement and combat rules, unironically play 5e.
It's better for new players and DMs as well.

It's on the YogsLive channel, they've got like 60 episodes now. Most of them are the Literally Whos of the Yogscast, but they're still pretty entertaining.

If we're looking at getting into specifics—and I'm happy to having helped rework this aspect of lashunta biology—the lashunta evolved two distinct types of adolescent developments as a response to the severe swings in environmental pressures of their homeworld. Depending on the pressures they faced at puberty, they would either mature as hardy, combative korasha, or they would mature as adaptable, observant damaya. When their culture later developed a tradition of strong gender roles, the kinds of pressures that triggered development as a korasha fell almost entirely on males, while the pressures that trigger damaya development fell almost wholly on women.
As lashunta have move towards leaving their sexism in the past and opening social roles, education, and careers up to everyone regardless of gender, the distribution has become much more even, and many city-states even allow a child to choose how they will develop (by way of meditation and/or medication) rather than just relying on ambient environmental pressures. There are still a few conservative city-states where the gender divide exists and the subspecies are still largely divived by gender, but these are increasingly rare.
>t. Crystal Frasier
Fucking really Paizo?

Let's talk refluffing, /pgg/. I'm planning a new campaign wherein the main forms of magic are gonna be Akashic veilweaving, Psionic manifesting, and Occult/Psychic spellcasting. Other forms of spellcasting would not be focused on. You might see "natural" divine casters (Hunter, Shaman, Ranger, Druid, ostensibly Oracle) very rarely, as NPCs, if they even appear at all. So let's talk refluffing.

Occult/Psychic magic (from Occult Adventures) is gonna remain mostly the same. It's gonna be the "mysterious" magic that, theoretically, ANYONE can harness, if they're in the right (or wrong) place at the right time (or wrong time). Occult magic is weird, no one knows how it works, no one knows who gets it, and no one knows how it will manifest.

That's the fluff I've got for Occult/Psychic magic, which I'm pretty happy with.

Psionics is still "weird mind magic" but instead o it being "I think, therefore he explodes", it's "I have tons of chemicals in my body that let me use my mind to blow stuff up". Think of it like Element Zero/Biotics from Mass Effect, in that regard. Pretty simple to refluff.

Akashic stuff, I've hit a snag. By default, Akashic is "life energy and chakras." However, that doesn't mesh well with the setting I'm writing up. I'm toying with making them alchemical devices, but I can't come up with an explanation that I really like.

So my question is: how does /pgg/ like to refluff their magics, in a way that fits with the subsytem's mechanics relatively cleanly? More specifically, what refluffing have you seen for Akashic Mysteries?

Path of War's 6/9 initiators might be allowed, but I'm iffy on that

Don't play Pathfinder.

It's a mistake.

Refund the books.

He would make aspiring knight that keeps getting dommed by the tall, thicc barbarian chick.

Loosely.

Okay, a lot of it is fixing deeds, replacing deeds, giving more options, and getting rid of filler options. I'm attempting to give it more out of combat utility, but it's kinda hard with your entire identity being 'gun'.

Not really, SoM finished fine, I'm proud of it, I realize other's don't like it, and that's cool. But now I'm done with it and I'm moving onto new things.

I went into the class as a compromise with the DM; I tend to over-optimize, and honestly, you kinda have to just to keep the 4e Vampire up to snuff, so it all worked out in the end.

Aaaah why didn't you wait for Starfinder? That might be more up to speed for a /k/ommando!

Will there be options for replacing limbs with guns?

Our Dhampir has contracted the Vampirism Corruption (albeit a heavily houseruled version) which means she's had to start preparing for that little problem. So far she's gotten a cohort to start tattooing protective charms onto her wrists. We might need to spring for a special traveling coffin, with enchantments and extra padding, since the charms might not be an ironclad solution.

The class's identity may be "schüt gun", but adding out-of-combat utility shouldn't be too daunting.

Try to stay flexible when your players solve problems in ways you didn't plan for, but don't let them run roughshod. A natural twenty does NOT necessarily mean they can do whatever stupid bullshit they just said. Equivocation is a handy technique if you can keep players from knowing you're doing it. It's always helpful to keep rules you think will come up in-game on notecards.

Punchgirl archetype that uses AA2 stilettos when, Jolly?

Good taste, posting my wife.
I need to make a Silva for a /pfg/ campaign now.

I find it incredibly amusing how Frasier is treating this as a victory for social justice when it's really a convoluted excuse for blue alien space babes.

Gunslingers? Is it fully gunslinger stuff? Or does it also include partial dips into gunslinging like Spellslinger(Wizard), Holy gun(Paladin), Musketeer(Cav), Musketeer(Swashbuckler), Picaroon(Swashbuckler), Steel Hound(Investigator), etc.

Does it have anything for Magus?

Also source on pic? All I get is links to past Veeky Forums threads.

How much would you say SoM has improved since we last saw it? I'm really interested in its development.

She's my wife, you dingus! We can't share!

Possibly in archetypes, not in the base class, although I have some ideas for that.

It's more a matter of making it thematic and not just shoehorning it in.

Soon...

It's going to be a rebuild of the gunslinger class, so a legendary version. It'll also be getting archetypes and such, maybe some magic items and other content, but right now I'm still messing around with it.

What I can say is that there is a lot of changes that have been made, either for balance or otherwise. As a whole I'd say they were positive, but if you hated the project at the end of the playtest, these changes aren't going to win you over.

jesus Christ user this is a blue board

HE LIVES, PRAISE BE, THERE IS SOME HOPE LEFT IN THIS GODFORSAKEN THREAD.

I still want to drink at how Legendary Alchemists will never be a thing, but at least I can be glad that you're still chugging along.

I've always fluffed the different sorts of magic like so:

Arcane magic is science. Pretty straight forward, doesn't need explanation because everyone has heard this one before.

Psionics are the "true" magic, it doesn't have the rules arcane magic does and is just about forcing your mind's influence onto reality until reality submits. Incidentally, all gods use this kind of magic.

Divine magic is what a god's psionic powers become when channeled through a lesser being, IE a cleric or paladin or whatever.

Occult/Psychic is a more traditional view of psychic powers than Psionics, less force of will and more attuning yourself with the spirits or tapping into ambient energies certain objects contain as a result of various possible factors like age or presence for violent events.

I don't know how I would fluff Akashic Stuff. I've never given it much thought because I've never had a chance to play with it before. Maybe refluff it as an ability to tap into another layer of reality? Like, borrowing a possibility from another timeline and manifesting it in your own. As I understand, a lot of Akashic stuff is very flexible, because you can choose how much... What is it called, Essence? How much Essence you invest where, and you can permanently bind stuff for added effects. Not permanently binded stuff is stuff you're borrowing from another reality temporarily because you can only manifest it in your world for so long.

Alternatively: Akashic stuff are demons you bind with.

I strongly disagree, baka.
You'll have to share, or I'll just take her from you.

I'm super new to this, 5e?
Can you elaborate further? It's a popular game, and I like the art. The books didn't cost much, if I really didn't want them I would just donate them.
I played the Warhammer 40K one, my wife and I loved it. It was just so goddamn brutal... I played Grenadier/medic and she played sister of battle. I will have to look up that one, but this team seems to be more inclined to do a medieval fantasy type bhang. Part of me wants to add a gunslinger to the game just so I can play around with that as a side character
I'll take that advice to heart, I already plan on being pretty ambiguous with a lot of my descriptions, when that seems like the right thing to do. I want them too be a big part of the imagination and World building as well.

Do you have any recommendations for helpful in game rules and charts to put on note cards? It'll be my first time playing so I'm not sure what to put, it all looks important and I don't want to spend time flipping through my book. I ordered the GM screen off Amazon as well, I have my notebook, and I have my printouts of some of the charts from the core rulebook.

>literally whos
>Chris "Chris Trott" Trott
He's a pretty chill dude, I'll tell you hwat.

These two are giving good advice. Pathfinder is great for roleplayers who appreciate more a more crunchy (rules-heavy) system. If your group doesn't like looking up or memorizing rules, or grid combat, strongly consider running D&D 5E instead.

If you want freedom in storytelling, you must consider your RPG as a living world. Many newer DMs fall into the trap of designing a number of set-piece plot elements, and then feel very pressured to keep the players on the rails. Instead, consider your villain(s) and their motivations, and have them take steps toward achieving that goal, in accordance with their intelligence and ability. If the adventurers manage to foil part of the plan, have the villain(s) come up with an alternative.

In that way you can give the players a lot of freedom in their actions, and rarely have to feel like you need to railroad the players toward your desired plot.

check out /5eg/
It's the newest edition of D&D and it's very trimmed down from earlier versions and their derivatives, of which pathfinder is one.

Anyone have source on pic? I get old Veeky Forums links and the art style is so familiar and it is bugging me.
Hell it even has EhnJolly posting it in the old threads also. Same File name also.

Forgot pic

Let it not be said that I don't have ideas for an alchemist rebuild, but the amount of time it would take would be too large, and if I'm being honest, it wouldn't even be a huge amount of changes. Most of the changes would probably be light tweaks on how bombs work, and maybe fixing some discoveries.

Undead empress from a faraway world. She transformed into a vampire in a ritual she conducted with her brother after toppling their parents (previous rulers). It summoned an undead moon which had a side effect of killing most of the world. It all mostly risen back as undead too but yeah, it was not pleasant. She later staged a "revolution" and left, allegedly "slain", to seek greater purpose and possibly redemption.

>Are they cute?
More of the commanding, haughty and possessive type. She still looks like an attractive teenager and is not actually evil (now) so yeah, I would say she is cute.

>Whose blood do they suck?
Her party. She does not kill her victims if not hungry enough and they are all strong enough to live through it anyway.

>Do they also succ?
No but I am not ruling it out. She had a harem before.

Is it silly to pre-write boss dialogue for fights? Like, I've got a list of quips and comments for a boss to say after certain triggers, like "When down to half health", "After critting a PC for the first time", and "When using his special move for the first time". I find that trying to make up good, character-fitting dialogue is hardest in the middle of combat, when things are most rushed and a flat line feels most out of place.

DHB gunslinger already does noncombat utility. Even has Contact Other Plane!

I should've been more clear, the campaign's coming to a close soon and we basically have a hub town we live in. So it's all good.

user, I wish my GM did MORE of this. All the "bosses" we've fought in our group games never say anything or have any sort of character, it sucks man. He made me feel bad for killing a Lich and I had no reason to feel that way.

Ah, I read about that. The gunslinger makes a device to talk to ghost. I mean I remember reading about all those gunslinger stories where gunsligners made fucking ghost phones, it was a huge part of their mythos.

If you're not going to stick with a theme, the fuck would you write that for a class?

I don't get this nonsense with page numbers mattering

Anyone have the Dragon Princess homebrew?

I wanna put the Demesne in my game.

If you don't like it, take another invention.

As I said, I'd like to avoid shoehorning it in, so I'm doing my gunslinger research to make sure whatever I do add makes sense.

whatcha plannin' on doin' with it, user?

I gotcha covered, senpai.
docs.google.com/document/d/1z3EOSCTZTBbNGO60d9O9xnVhVaeAayIIidXg6WeXQps/edit

>He made me feel bad for killing a Lich and I had no reason to feel that way.

You make it sound like an accomplishment on his part. What was the situation?

I want to make dragons fresh. If you were going to change the lore for dragons, what would you change?

>It summoned an undead moon

...?

Oh, so like scry resistant cream? Yeah, Gunslingers were widely known for their cream spreading. Or the box that makes food. DHB wrote an inventor and called it a gunslinger for no fucking reason.

Might as well repost this here. Comments/thoughts appreciated as always.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Nvfjc2TwAz2exC3aXWnHKG5td23XZ_spBPSLX3rxZPo/edit?usp=sharing

Have you ever considered making twf with 2 onehanded firearms a thing? The fantasy of holding 2 guns! Thats twice the guns! Most of the problem stems from full round attacks I think with the lack of a free hand to reload.

Yeah, that's been added as an option as well as making both targeting and dead shot far more useful.

Personally, most of the problem with alchemist seems to stem from how the majority of the published content seems to be from people who just... Didn't read the fucking class. At all. Good ideas are things that get stumbled into and then forgotten when it gets buried in garbage.

Especially construct-focused alchemists. What the fuck was paizo thinking with half-assing support for that.

He already did that in SoM

>as well as making both targeting ... far more useful.
Please no. The moment that shit is useful is the moment everyone and their grandma is trying to make called shots on every attack.

HAHAHAHAHHA IT HURT

Yes, that undead moon. Again, it was not exactly pleasant.

>DHB wrote an inventor and called it a gunslinger for no fucking reason.
Because there is only so much with a theme of "you shoot a gun". That's what a ranger or fighter archetype should be about, not an entire class. I think it was a good decision though changing the name to account for the expanded theme could have been a good decision.

Optional rules aren't considered when I'm writing content, so if you have people doing that on you, that's on you for letting called shot rules into your game. I'm thinking that this will help give gunslingers more of a niche, or at least that's the goal here.

>gun Djeeta

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

*only so much you can do

goddammit

If I make a fighter archetype that uses magic and call it the unchained fighter, I'd still be called out on being an asshole. I don't see why it's any different here.

Doesn't even matter if you allow it or not, they'll see one person doing it and try to do it themselves.
"It's just shooting a leg, user, anyone can do it!"

You would be called an asshole because Magus already exist. There is no dedicated "tinker" class and expanding "is good with guns" into "is good with machinery" is not that strange since gunslingers supposedly know not only how to operate guns but also how to maintain, build and modify them, along with secrets of crafting ammo and black powder.

He also made an archetype that gave up devices entirely for "all cowboy all the time". If you're gonna complain at least read shit first.

There's a difference between The Man With No Name and a goddamn Engineer though.

I can't stop people from breaking the rules; you could say the same thing with power attack. "Why do I need a feat, anyone can swing really hard!"

A gunslinger is a specific theme, and that theme isn't 'tinkerer' or 'engineer'. It's person who uses guns. Is it super narrow? Yeah. But if you're going to modify it to give it stuff like magic can't find me cream, that's not a gunslinger.

And an archetype doesn't change the base design; the base design should have been 'cowboy all the time' because that's what the fucking class is, not inspector gadget with a gun.

And this is why Power Attack is one of the most common untaxed feats even when not using the un-feat-taxing rules.

Targeting and Called Shots are different things you dip.

Targeting's a Deed and entirely separate.

Are you an idiot?

Let's look at the devices you have to choose from that are in theme for just a cowboy:
>Ensnaring Trap
>Breach Explosive
>Smoking Concoction
>Perfect Bullet
>Dead Man's Switch
>Snake Oil

Unless you're saying explosives are so grossly out of theme they can't work. Plus if you don't want contraptions there is an archetype that gets rid of them completely for explicitly "more cowboy things".