Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Lmao its actually a real model edition

Old: >GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9SLtRrfgfE
bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ETC-2017-Complete-Team-Lists.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does that grapple hook actually do anything?

Ignore vertical distance, its fucking amazing for 2 ppm

you ignore vertical movement when calculating distance i think
or something along those lines

I need a OPFOR for my Tyranid army. Which is more tastier Ultramarines or Deathwatch?

But its a setting

How many and what types?

I am doing a paint and play and we are moving on to 1500 from 1k. Here is my current list:

weirdboy 62

boys x30 choppas big choppa 189

stormboys x30 big choppa 249
stormboys x15 big choppa 129

gorkanaut 364

My plan was boost the small stormboy squad to 30 add a big mek on bike with KFF, add another 30 man boys squad with big choppa and a smaller squad with big choppa to fill the rest.

So at 1500:

weirdboy 62
big mek on bike kff big choppa 110

boys x13 choppas big choppa 87

gorkanaut 364

That look like a good add on to my 1k list? It also takes me from a patrol to a battalion for 3 command points. Thinking 1 boys squad should be shootas maybe. Lets them shoot 1 unit then charge another. Means they still do something even if charge fails.

Does the keyword let you ignore vertical distance?

For real this time, I finished Love and Krieg. Pretty good

Does anybody here have the website of all the tourney lists that 8th have had so far? It was posted a few days ago.

Dont think so, only lets you do the fall back thing

OP here, before anyone asks or whatever, source for Reiver thing is:

youtube.com/watch?v=R9SLtRrfgfE

Anyway, need to do some IRL stuff. Have fun guys!

MoM and every other ADB books spoiler:
The Emperor is shit and Chaos wins forever

Deathwatch for sure.

Oh great, /v/ is invading again.

>t. lazy netlister

>naut
>no nob squad

Fall of Cadia and Dark Imperium: Chaos can open a rift that cuts the galaxy in half an innumerable smaller rifts, gaining the ability to drop daemons all over an already beleaguered, on the brink of collapse imperium and everthing is fine.

No, my friend doesn't believe people did all flyer lists and he said that 'most armies and lists would beat it because objectives'.

My common senses are tingling, but we are supposed to play the game RaW.
>A flying unit does in fact not have the mobillity of a man with a grappling hook.

>"The war is over, Diocletian. Win or lose, Horus has damned us all. Mankind will share in his ignorance until the last man or woman draws the species' last breath. The warp will forever be a cancer in the heart of all humans. The Imperium may last a hundred years, or a thousand, or ten thousand. But it will fall, Diocletian. It will fall. The shining path is lost to us. Now we rage against the dying of the light."
- The Emperor

>"The war is over. Humanity has lost. Warhammer 40k - in all its Gothic, towering, Cylopean, decrepit, doomed, rotting Byzantine majesty - has taken its first irrevocable step."
- ADB, BL Author

>imagine bothering to play as ANY faction other than Chaos

Why are you even bothering?

Why play a game where the setting ending is decided for you? Are you a bunch of cucks?

It does, FLY lets you ignore models and terrain while moving.

You get outflank as well.

Can someone help me clear up an issue I'm having with the rules. If I take a primaris Captain with my Deathwatch can he take wargear from the Deathwatch? Can he take the xenophase blade since he doesn't have a chainsword??

But not vertical distance

Pretty sure the Primaris Captain has a set inventory that can't be changed.

How are you getting vertical distance without terrain?

I know you're being the obligatory assclown, but I too would like some concrete information to debunk "X faction is OP" and "Faction Y is garbage!" arguments.
Tournament lists are pretty good for those.
>I also want to know how the Necrons fare competitively.

Why when I ignore the terrain that causes the vertical distance.

Do you have to keep the 15 stormboyz in the list?

If not, i would try:

Weirdboy 62
Warboss (2 killsaws, squig) 93

Boyz x30 (29 choppas, 1 big choppa) 189

Nobz x5 (4 power stabba, 1killsaw) 125

Stormboyz x30 (1 big choppa) 249

Gorkanaut 364

And bring the 15 stormboyz + 15 more at 2k points.

How the fuck are you supposed to store that in any case?
Won't be safely transported in any slot foam or GWs channel foam.

Ignoring terrain means you don't have to move around impassible shit, it doesn't mean it takes zero movement to get to the top of a ruin.

I think might be onto something here. Even if you end your move on top of terrain, you treat the terrain as "not there" while actually moving.

chop the rope off, attach the hook to the gun barrel.

The fabled abocron

So I'm trying to see an advantage of the primaris over a normal Captain caked in Deathwatch kit. I'm feeling there isn't one.

I don't know the deathwatch stat line of the top of my head, how does it stack up next to a Primaris Captain?

The way I've always read that is you get to ignore any effects terrain would have on you while moving. But if you want to move vertically, you still count the distance.

So...With a little green stuff I think I can actually make something like that. Wouldn't be that hard. And I'd get to keep his original pimp stick for Fabulous Bile conversion. Thoughts?

>quoting adb
Nice try chaoscuck

I give it a out of

There is a reason why reaper is a fun charicter: he looks fucking rad, even if he is edgy as fuck. Do it

What would be a good replacement for the Vindicator in this 1000 point list? Using the RG Chapter tactics for what its worth.

>Techmarine Hq with Combi Plasma and Servo Harness
>Vet Squad x5 with Combi Flamers
>Razorback with Twin Heavy Bolter and Storm Bolter
>Venerable Dread with Assault Cannon, CCW and Storm Bolter
>Vindicator with Storm Bolter
>Devastators x 5 (x 2 Lascannon, 1 Missile Launcher, 1 Plasma Cannon)
>Servitors x 5 (x 2 Heavy Bolters)
>Thunderfile Cannon and Gunner

Points are going off the old index it it matters. I'm thinking a long ranged dread, maybe the Primaris one, or perhaps a Predator; something to hang out with the Techmarine Gunner in the back line to patch it up.

If it ignores any effects, that would include the effect that vertical movement has. Remember that fly applies to jump packs and flyers now. Do you count vertical distance when moving a flyer? No. So why would you count it for another fly unit?

see

I mean you could I guess, but it doesn't make much sense to me that a flyer would have to count the distance going up and down a building.

If that interpretation were correct you couldn't end your movement on top of some terrain piece because it wouldn't be there to end your movement on top of.

Sounds like we need an FAQ

i would point out that not all terran is classified as terran, eg a cliff has no data sheet, so isnt terran, but still has verticla distance

Have the rulebook ever stated what "ignoring terrain" entails or are we working purely off of speculations as usual?

Just seems like common sense to me.

>Using evidence
>Not baseing your posts on wild speculation
pff, what a newfag

Are we batman now?

I mean for casual play, sure, but what about torniments, where Common Sence has no place?

>torniments
Ewwwwwwwwwww

Vindicator's got a pretty signficant cost decrease, but dreads would also take advantage of the -1 to hit of your "sneaky beaky assault marine" chapter you've clearly built your list around.

As a flying vehicle; for example a flying brick.
I'd say it makes sense to be able to end you movement over the ruined building/cliff/house/ocean while not actually taking into account it's height as you feasibly are already at a higher altitude. But as states; we gonna need an FAQ on this.

That's up to TO's.

Do we have warlord traits?

Are there any stratagems that work really well for or are specific to dreads?

Necrons actually have a unused character that is fit for a Primaris Equivalent.
>The Silent King
>The "Creator" of the Necrons.

it snaps

Imagine if GW was still pushing that Finecast garbage today and they made the Reiver kit out of resin. Just imagine.

I'm just finding the Vindicator underwhelming, even with a points drop. Dreads getting the -1 is really tempting though. I could also fit in a Storm Hawk for fluff reasons if I juggled a couple of wargear choices, though I'm not sure that's really worth it for a 1000 point list.

That's not storing it as modeled though.
It voids the point of the problem with their design choice and the designer's intentions of how people are going to bring the model to their game.

Magnetise the arm maybe.

>No more Looted Wagons
>No More Grukk the Face Rippa
>No more 'Ard Boyz
>No more tellyportas
>No more Warpheads for two Psychic Powers a turn
>No more power vomit
>No more Green Tide as one unit
>Ghazghkull looks puny now, even when compared to Grukk
>No more Burna on Big Meks
>Still no option to give a Warboss a Rokkit Pack
>No more Brutal But Kunnin'
>No more Kunnin' but Brutal
>Still somewhat mourning the loss of Zogwort and Wazdakka Gutsmek

What odd thing disappointed you a bit from your army in the transition to 8th?

Rate faction names faggots

Thousand Sons > World Eaters > Word Bearers > Emperor's Children > Night Lords > Alfa Legion/Iron Warriors >>>>> Death Guard

My entire subfaction (D-99) disappeared, and I lost the only named characters.
Now I play vanilla Elysians
>Inquisitor Solomon Lok
Now part of
>Major Durra
Squatted

Tau:
Lost deep striking broadsides, was fun having missile fists deep strike, also while it's not a loss, skyrays are one of the worst units (maybe THE worst one) in the game, which makes me sad

Found it

bloodofkittens.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/ETC-2017-Complete-Team-Lists.pdf

Silent king is handsome and his form looks like a metal person (like the C'tan) as opposed to the skeletal look of the rest of the Necrons.
This was as described by a Blood Angel comparing his beauty to Sanguinius.

But I can't fucking find the source... It was a recent book I believe.

Is it true that Chaos pays more than chads for the same things but worse?

>meks cannot repair vehicles they are embarked in, making evil sunz the least likely klan to take meks
>special weapons in boyz mobs are still a waste of points
>still no option for big shoota on spannaz even though burna/loota kit includes one
>burna only D3 hits
>still no loota variety
>no more exhaust cloud on warbikes

>Ancients now suck
>Jink has been severely nerfed (although rightfully so but holy fuck it got hit HARD)
>9" deep strike makes running Deathwing Knights difficult without a transport
>Asmodai STILL SUCKS
Feels bad

>No more ballroom dresses.
>No more techno-magic
>No more assassin marks
>No more Silver Tide
>No more customizing the Overlord to hold 40% of your entire army budget as a single model
>No more flying circus
>No more making the opponent hit himself with his own hyper-specialized lord-killing weapons
>No more self-ressurecting Lords
>No more self-ressurecting Ladies
>No more glancing everything to death with only troops.

Does anyone know if shroud of night has a pdf/epub?

What No More Grukk? Oh For Fucks Sake How Much More Before Slaanesh Becomes Green Form The Amount Of Arse Fucking Orks Receive

Yes, the orks got suck and cucked quite a lot this edition

Hey we saw a lot of big buffs, just lost a lot of content too. We'll see what the codex brings.
In 2019.

I mean, I didn't like Grukk all that much, but from the way they were pushing him as a character, and from how tough he was in the fluff I did read of him, and how he allegedly died and then returned, I'm a little surprised at his disappearance. I really liked his power klaw that shredded and his Feel No Pain.

>my army is viable now!
>time to get assblasted!

So this is the power or orktism

>orktism
kek

>Vanguard don't anti-horde, should be the old 2W.
>Rangers even MORE useless at AP.
>Everyone lost FnP for an invuln that only works if your opponent shoots fucking lascannon at infantry.
>Rusties and Infils lost 1A base and 1A for charging in return for fuck all.
>Neurostatic gimped.
>Haywire gimped to Rapid Fire 1 Asscans, should be like Eldar Haywire.
>Kataphrons FAR too expensive.
>Dragoons can't kill fuck all and lost 1A base/Charge attack.
>Dunecrawlers lost Squadron.
>Plascals not glorious Assault 3.
>Ironstriders not Sniper when still like their fluff.
>Cognis useless.
>Dominus mandatory and expensive as hell, Enginseer should be HQ.
>Everyone has to ball up around Cawl.
>Still no fucking Jeepcrawler for my tin men.
>RIP Doctrinas.
>Canticles gutted, every single buff provides Reroll Ones instead of a range of bonuses like LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE. Should be +1 To Hit instead of R1.
>Only defensive bonus completely ignored by Imp Fists, among others, and doesn't stack. Should be -1 To Hit.

Does anyone miss the Character challenges from last edition? I don't quite see how it could be adapted this edition with the changes to how characters work but dang it I do miss the Nob vs Champion battles, and the HQ on HQ battles.

Would you play against this?

>orktism
we have entered some next level shit

>Checked
I chuckle at the god damn meme-tier bullshit going on here.
>Magnus the Ted + 3 Knights.
>Brought 4 models to the table, total.
I need to know how this ended.
Where do we find the results of this?
>yes I'm a netlisting autist that uses tourney results to decide what to buy next.

A 5/5? How nice of you.

Wanna play my nurglings? I shit on 32mm bases. Dont worry bruh, theyre clear coated

" deep strike makes running Deathwing Knights difficult without a transport
You what?
You can setup 9" away from an enemy unit and charge it out of deepstrike, where you only need to roll 8" on 2D6 which is only 1 over the average.

Mephiston lost the ability to fly when it's been a staple for him for years. He's also lost Fleet it seems or equiv movement buff. Granted he's S10 default, but that's still shit.

Cawl is now Mars only.

Sautekh is the best dynasty due to having 5 or so named characters for it only.

Longstrike cannot go in Forge World Hammerhead units

Chronus cannot go in Terminus Ultra. Neither can Calgar.

Lost all the Imperial Guard named characters from IA1. We lost the generic Tank Commanders. I don't want Pask to be the best best guy ever best. I want a Superheavy Tank Commander, named or generic.

Sniper Drones are shit now, can no longer shoot 3 times per turn at 24".

Flash Gitz are shit and don't have a specific clan.

Yeah, sure why not? Just krump them like the rest. I do like the model though.

Friend on my team faced that. Had three knights plus some DA flyers. He lost.

Fact is there is so much flyer spam is disgusting. Girlyman + 5 Stormravens is insanity.

You'll find a way
t. Tyranid player

What use is a grappling hook fired at that angle?

Just ask your opponent for a cinematic showdown rule or some shit if you really want to. The game is so rules light there's room for it, just say that if a character can complete a heroic intervention and there is a character in the melee within four inches of the end of it's move it can swap places with another model

To cross rooftops or to swing from a rooftop to street level using a street light or a store sign or some shit

ETC hasn't happened yet, they'll have to let the flyer spam lists resubmit now or ignore the faq

You can't be serious.

What's a suitably spooky model that I can use for my Interrogator Chaplain in Terminator Armor?