Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Obvious Trap Edition

>previous thread [REDACTED]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos STILL BTFO edition
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/

>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Latest news :
warhammer-community.com

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf(and epub), SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>novels here
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>Other megas
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA (no 8e stuff here)

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Abaddon's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/
warhammer40000.com/store/games-workshop-enfield-london/#gw-league-table
investor.games-workshop.com/2017/07/25/retirement-of-tom-kirby-as-non-executive-chairman/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Traps make me stone hard, specially the ones made by Perty.

Is Warhammer paint flammable?

Nope. Water based.

Sprays/aerosols yes, duh.

Can anyone gimme size comparision of Daemon Prince and Eldar Wraithlord? Is it good idea to use Wraithlord as base for Tzeench DP conversion?

Rifleman Dreadnoughts got axed in the codex but Mortis Dreadnoughts are still thing in the FW Index. You couldn't make them with the kits anyway, needing FW or 3rd party arms so honestly makes sense to remove them for the main book.

Has anyone tried Coteaz yet? I love his model, but he seems very okay for 100 points. Being able to cast 2 Powers is nice, but the other powers outside of Smite are okay. His Spy Network ability is only okayish if you have Acolytes out of transports, which is a terrible idea. Him not having a -1 to hit on his hammer makes up for the fact that he's WS3+. Psyber-eagle is just a slightly better to slightly worse Storm Bolter.

FOR THE DARK CITY!!! (What's left of it) Anyone know any nice systems in the webway that at vancant?

Not wet, but dried paint it. Try smoking some to unlock the power of duncan!

Apart from the spray cans, no.

thats the first one of these gifs that look cool

I am trying to use PrinceXML to export the extracted xhtml from the epub but I can't get it to be full page, how do?

The conversion works fine but it doesn't make it a full A4 page, it has a massive amount of whitespace along all the edges. Is there any way I can make it scale to the full A4 sized page with no border?

I've tried the --page-size=A4 command line option to no avail. --page-margin=0mm pushes it to the top left corner but doesn't expand it to the rest of the page.

Any more feedback on this list? Want to get it perfect before ordering from China.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Adepta Sororitas) ++
Celestine: Celestine, 2x Geminae Superia
Canoness: Condemnor Boltgun, Power sword
Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer, Power maul
Battle Sister Squad (9): 2x Flamer, Combi-flamer Power maul
Battle Sister Squad (5): Heavy Bolter
Battle Sister Squad (5): Heavy Bolter
Dominion Squad (5): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta
Dominion Squad (5): 4x Meltagun, Combi-melta
Seraphim Squad (10): 2x Twin inferno pistols, Plasma pistol
Repressor
Repressor
Rhino
Rhino

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium) ++
Greyfax
Vindicare Assassin
Vigilators (5)
Vigilators (5)
Null-Maiden Rhino
Lightning Strike Fighter

++ Total: [114 PL, 1999pts] ++

Building an Inquisition themed army. Probs gonna be Ordo Hereticus. So far I got Greyfax and some scions. I plan to get 2 squads of acolytes with storm bolters although not sure if I should use chimeras or rhinos for transport. Also ordered 5 crusaders and will prob include a priest to buff them. What else would be good to get? I thought about getting a land raider for some heavy firepower but not sure if it would work in my force as I only plan on doing about 1k points.

And what if I had a venerable dread with autocannons? I am fucked now.

Why not use Taurox or even Taurox Primes?

++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [12 PL, 153pts] ++

+ HQ +

Company Commander [3 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

Company Commander [3 PL, 30pts]: Chainsword, Laspistol

+ Elites +

Commissar [2 PL, 31pts]: Bolt pistol

++ Brigade Detachment +9CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [86 PL, 1847pts] ++

+ HQ +

Tempestor Prime [2 PL, 45pts]: Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

+ Troops +

Conscripts [4 PL, 75pts]: 25x Conscript

Conscripts [3 PL, 60pts]: 20x Conscript

Conscripts [5 PL, 120pts]: 40x Conscript

Conscripts [6 PL, 150pts]: 50x Conscript

+ Elites +

Militarum Tempestus Command Squad [3 PL, 64pts]
. Tempestus Scion: Plasma gun

+ Fast Attack +

Scout Sentinels [2 PL, 50pts]
. Scout Sentinel: Autocannon

+ Heavy Support +

Manticore [7 PL, 133pts]: Heavy Bolter

++ Total: [98 PL, 2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

Should I drop manticores for more plasma scions? Or will 3 overheating squads be enough?

Wraithlord's taller but much lankier.

For which squad? Can't tauroxes only transport AM infantry?

You use the index datasheet.

There's a community post that says you can just do it anyhow.

Chimeras are the superior transport. If you can't fit a LR, a quad-las Pred is only like 200 points.

Holy fuck battlescribes formatting is god awful

Authority of the Inquisition lets you take any Imperial Transport! And Acolytes, Inquisitors, and (now) Jokari all have that rule.

I'm not playing against that unless all of those conscripts are fully painted.

>Chimeras are the superior transport.
Why's that. I was gonna go with rhinos because FW still does the Inquisition doors which would look really nice.

I agree Taurox Primes are the shit.
Acolytes get Authority of the Inquisition rule so they can take any Imperium transport. Taurox Primes are great, BS3+ and they get an assload of guns.
Deep striking Scions with Meltas do good work as heavy guns. You can also get an Inquisitor in Terminator armor for deepstriking Smite and to aid the Scions. Land Raiders are fun and super hard to kill, but you don't have anything good to put in them besides Acoltyes and Greyfax. Plus at 1000 points, they take up about a 1/3 of your army's points. You can use a Leman Russ Tank Commanders for firepower too.

Did tauroxes get better in the new edition??

Transport order is liek this

Taurox Prime > Chimera > Taurox > Rhino

Taurox Prime has tons of guns and good BS, Chimera holds a lot more and still has a good amount of guns, Taurox can have 4 Autocannon shots and all the Rhino can have is 2 Storm Bolters and a Hunter killer, which all the others can basically have too and more.

retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2017/07/games-workshop-sales-profit-skyrocket/

Redpill me on this.

Is GW about to be taken over by Disney or something?

How do I make Redemptors viable? Maybe I could run a few of them hanging around Gulliman so the rerolls make them worth their points?

But of course, I play Blood Angels, so no Gulliman.

Rate my cult

Better weapon choices, mostly.

Kys.

Are the rocket launchers worth it for Taurox?

Regular Taurox are about the same.
Primes got better because Missiles are better, and they made their Gatling Cannon heavy 20.

But the biggest issue with them before was their point cost. They didn't go up much, but Rhinos and Chimeras did.

Hmm so either tauroxes or chimeras then. What's the optimal loadout on each?

>2008 points
Kill yourself my man

Has anyone painted this guy as moon man?

Depends! Since I play Tempestus as a standalone army, I think they are for sure, since they don't have squad heavy weapons.

I run 4 Primes, two with the Missile Launchers. Then I rely on Sentinels for other heavy shooting.

It's not exact :) I have 4 familiars so could drop one, just making sure the core is ok

No, but now I want to.

>convert chaos terminators with combi-plasmas for the 8th edition
>find out that option won't be in the new codex

For Chimera I personally like Storm Bolter, 2x Heavy Bolters, but you can have 2 Heavy Flamers, you just pay a lot for it.

For Taurox Prime I like Gatling Cannon, Hotshot Volley guns and Storm Bolter. It works even better because a full Acolyte squad with Storm Bolters inside of it means you're shitting out tons of S4 firepower at something.

How are Sentinels performing for you? I have yet to use them because of the -1 to hit on heavy weapons. I took them all the time last edition for the reason of shooting heavy weapons at 4+ on the go.

What Weapon Options are good for Chaos contemptor Dreadnoughts or Havocs?

really struggling against stuff like Land-Raiders and pretty much everything T7+

Is the Contemptor Soulburner thing decent?
Havocs with Las-Cannons or Rocket-launchers?

Just use the index rules then.

Heavy Flamers on the Chimera IMO, because Guard can't shoot straight.

Almost always rock the Heavy 20 Gatling Cannon on the TP. Taurox Battle Cannon is neat, but you have more reliable options for midstrength weapons.

warhammer40000.com/store/games-workshop-enfield-london/#gw-league-table

JUST

I'm building a stand alone army actually. Could you give me some advice?

How do you know that?

Why you think so?

They're ok. Similar to the Taurox, they didn't get more expensive, so they're decent. I obviously try to keep them stationary, and make sure I load them up with non-single shot weapons. I'm a big fan of Autocannons with 2 shots and a straight 2 damage.

Holy fuckin shit
>moondaemon goes around gunning down imperial welfare lines with his AR-15- I mean staff
>Nurlge shitskins get wiped out by the Kool Kaos Klan mafia

I tried to give away my points to Chaos so it would matter some, but obviously it won't at all.

Don't worry user we're picking up the slack here in the states.

As soon new 40k player here, how annoying would be for you guys to play against a newbie that keeps asking questions about this and that?
Let's say he knows the core rules and his own army special/advanced rules but doesn't know your army rules and asks about every single special rule that applies to your army once you apply them in-game.

All of these rules seem to kind of makes sense to me but I won't know for sure until I play and get to practice those rules / remember them. Without playing, I can't really learn every single rule for every army and shit and I don't wanna be a pain in the ass.

>getting Xenos to carry your worthless asses

Deep Striking is their bread and butter. I usually take 4 Primes, 4-6 Scion squads.2 Command Squads (1 plas/1 melta) and 2 Tempestor Primes. Filling out the rest with Sentinels, I deep strike as much as possible with boat loads of Melta and Plasma while holding the front line with the Taurox and Sentinel armor.

Its ok, some people even ask before the game "wanna know what my stuff do?"

I've been debating between Autocannons and Missile Launchers. I figured D6 shot on the move and single shot when stationary, but I'll probably use Autocannons. Do you use Armored or Scout?

I loved Warscythe Lychguards. 2A, S7, -4, 2d. What is there NOT to love?
But +1 attack, +5'' movement and really makes the Praetorians stand taller in my book.

Lychguards are kinda reliant on the Nightscythe to get into melee with the enemy vehicles/dreadnaughts/characters; but the Nightscythe seldomly survive turn 1 after moving over the enemy line to drop the guards.

>I still think the Sword/Board lycheguards are the absolute most A E S T H E T I C.

Best way to learn honestly. There is usually at least one Bro teir player per LGS that will help ya out

>tfw GW won't make plastic bezerkers

Armored. I run 9 of them, usually 2 squads with Autocannons and 1 with either Missile Launchers or Multilasers.

I have a squad of the Scout Sentinels, but haven't tried them out yet in 8th.

>Mfw carrying Chaos.

Every grognard was a newbie once. Most people are glad to help someone just entering the hobby. Try to get a 2v2 game so your teammate can answer questions instead of your opponent, though.

you can just use index for that, index works as legacy setup and what isnt in codex but appears in index is perfectly legal
Fellow heretic, if you need a designated 8+ vehicles destroyer just go full lass cannons. Rocket launchers are great because of their profiles, but shitting out 12 wounds on average and wounding on 3+ instead of 4+ is much better imo.
Soulburner is alright

CONFIRMED KIRBY LEAVEING?!?!??!!?!?!

>tfw GW won't make plastic berzerkers

It'd be a neat conversion idea. Just take that head, GS some sunglasses and find an appropriate body, preferably one with a suit and AR-15.

Not in the box = no rules, just like in the marine codex.

Consider a quad las Predator. As for havocs, lascannons obviously give you better anti-tank but at the expense of the useful anti-horde missiles provide. That's a call you'll have to make based on your army and meta.

Old news mate.

investor.games-workshop.com/2017/07/25/retirement-of-tom-kirby-as-non-executive-chairman/

>Games Workshop Group PLC (“Games Workshop” or the “Company”) today announces that Tom Kirby has advised the board of his intention to retire as a director of the Company with effect from the conclusion of the Company’s Annual General Meeting on 13 September 2017.

He will stay as a consultant for 12 months though.

Post your FLGS's results
>chaosfags getting so royally BTFO they have 0 wins

Okay, thanks.

I don't know if here is the right place to ask. I recently finished the eisenhorn books and am about half way through cains books. What are some other good 40k books? I heard they are either hit or miss.

That sucks for old stuff but I like it in the long term.

That sort of thinking leads GW to include shit like 20 heads in a 10 man squad. 10 flamers and 10 bolters in the Rubric marine box.

>Zero Chaos recorderd
> Victory.

How many chaos players do you have, though? We only have 2 out of 20+ players.

yeah i wanted to do a big mek with two kombi skorchas

fuck my life

Now I want this drawn as a Plague Marine or Plaguebearer

>No one in Iowa has reported a battle

Like 3 or 4 last time I checked. One of the store's owners is a World Eaters fag.

So its combi-meltas and bolters only?

Better than this

How do you find your store's results?

Facebook or call those niggas get some shit on there!

Drop rhinos, get Immolators, make squads smaller and give them SB.

The sheer excitement of my local.

The weird thing is, Thursday evening is when they open late for gaming. And yet it seems not a single Konor game got played (the results were exactly the same yesterday afternoon).

Scroll to the bottom, use the Store Finder to locate your FLGS.

Here's ours.

>both players can choose to be Imperium so no matter what the Imperials get the points
I'm not a Chaosfag or Imperialfag but this shit is retarded.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Would it be worth getting a primaris psyker and what would be good for the army's heavy firepower. Las preds and sound good but I'm not sure if it would fit the fluff.

The first four or five Horus Heresy books are pretty good and they of course describe really important events for the setting. Descent of Angels is the first really bad book in that series. Still HH is an enjoyable read in general.

A few other recommendations are the Path of the Dark Eldar by Andy Chambers, and the Night Lords trilogy by ADB. Good books for getting the "bad guys" perspective.

My store seems to have good variety.

I hope they'll be in MkV style like the current ones.

I've seen the imperium-faggotry going on in these threads. I'm recording all my against the Imperium just to spite them.
>Probably won't matter but it's the thought that counts.