Khornate Psykers: Can they actually work?

So I was thinking about it.

Khorne. Chaos God of War, Blood, Mindless Violence and Slaughter, Carnage, Warriors, Brutal Honesty and etc. hates the whole psyker thing.

Yet at the same time he actually has psykers of his own. The whole Blood Pact Gore Mages being a thing and the Azariah Kyras situation, I came to the conclusion that Khorne doesn't hate psykers completely. In fact I dare say that he hates certain methods how psykers use their powers.

Remember, Sorcerers and Librarians are completely two different things. Sorcerers use runes, arcane devices and eldritch tomes to channel the powers of various Chaos Gods. Librarians on the other hand don't need those things to cast their powers. Librarians only have their willpower to channel the powers of the warp and without the help of bizarre warp artifact (except Rune Priests who are Imperial Sorcerers in all but name and use runes to cheat).

Khorne also hates manipulations and trickery (hence why he hates Tzeentch). Sorcerers are all about manipulations and trickery (especially Tzeentch ones). Librarians on the other hand don't need to even use their abilities to deceive and can simply spam smite at the enemy until there remains nothing.

So would actual Khorne Psykers be a thing if they used their own willpower to buff themselves/cast their powers to kill directly and instantly (remember, Khornates kill without spreading suffering in order to not empower Slaanesh) to slay in the Blood Gods name? Also as long as they won't manipulate/deceive and use typical sorcerer trinkets and devices?

As long as the power of the psyker comes from the warp, he will hate them, though a bit less if they used it for what you described.

So a berserker that shoots mind-bullets if they are the product of the warp channeled through sheer willpower would actually fit in?

The way I see it, if you are a pysker, and you want Khorne's favour, you don't use your Psychic abilities, save to dampen and block those abilities of other psykers. You will probably get some respect from your warband and brothers if you sucker punch the Sorcerer trying to make Wibbly Wobbly Warp Cheapshots, and force him to rely on his own skills. Fight for yourself, play by the other Khorne rules, but if some magic user is running his tongue, you go in and Spellblock him for the bros.

Blood Pact are not Khornate.
They are have sworn a blood oath to their master, not to Khorne.

Dont overdose on magic mushrooms.

Khorne hates sorcery and tricks, if you use powers to boost,shiled yourself or make your power sword a flaming power sword he gonna be good.

Age of Sigmar already has Khornate magic users, Slaughterpriests have magic abilities that are fueled by blood. Their powers can't be dispelled by opposing magic users but if they miscast they take a wound.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar in 40k at some point.

>Blood Pact are not Khornate.
>Have Blood God symbols left and right on their bodies and uniforms.
>Have Khorne worship as a state religion on their worlds.
>Are as red as World Eaters but also equally disciplined as they are bloodthirsty.

You what mate? It's downright written in their fluff that they are a Khornate Warband that emulate the IG in many aspects.

OK, one of the few nice things in AoS. Still doesn't redeem the game or lore.

Khorne is Okay with buffs and shoving all your psychic bullshit into swords, so get forging, bitch.

Phosis t'kar would've been a great khornate sorcerer

>Brother Marcellus, do we have any information on what kind of Chaos Marine Warband we are facing?
>World Eaters. They will simply attack us head on with everything but psychic powers. Their blasphemous Blood God hates them for some reason. Off we go Grey Knights. We go and slay the heretics and move on to the next batt..[Before he could finish it, brother Marcellus was cut down with such speed and power that his upper half was torn to shreds while his head landed perfectly intact in the hand of his slayer]
>SAKKHRET OF THE WORLD EATERS. BLOOD WIZARD OF KHORNE AT YOUR DISPOSAL! NOW FEEL THE POWER OF KHORNE'S FORGES AS MY AXE WILL BECOME THE MANIFESTATION OF THE RAGE THAT THE BLOOD GOD AWAKENED IN ME!!

>666
BLOOD FOR BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

Also Khorne is okay with Innate fie powers too, people tend to forget his Greater Daemons occasionally Breathe it in that "Godawful Godzilla Remake" fashion, and them having intense, ground-scorching body heat.

Seeing as it's buff related, said Khornate Muscle wizards probably piss Acid and are so steaming hot that overexposure causes weapons to overheat, melt, and what have you.

This also means they are part living forge, as they've technically the materials at hand. I forget what you use the acid for when cleaning massive swords though.

>666
That is Slaanesh. Khorne is 888.

There was a chaos lord in the grey knight books that could control blood.

Not sure if at counts as a god blessing or psychic sorcery.

>khornate muscle wizard just screams ENHANCE over and over again
>close combat weapons now hit at +1 str
>units gain furious charge

There was the old Blood Ravens Chaptermaster

>Living Forges
>In desperate situations they can use Khorne's gifts to quickly create an improvised axe in case something happens to their usual weapon

Khorne should add practicality to his portfolio.

Yeah, I remembered that one. Alaric did later defeat him when the Grey Knigga broke his sword.

Sadly his blood powers in the end weren't so useful.

Kyras was mentioned in the beginning.

the only khornate psyker is a summomer psyker

the slaughterpriest is a priest, not a mage
the difference being that he doesn't channel any magical power, but instead asks his patron to do it for him

>the difference being that he doesn't channel any magical power, but instead asks his patron to do it for him
Outcome is exacly the same, Khorn blood priests for 40k NOW!

Orks kinda did it first

They are tho.

But the Power of The WAAAGH!!! is even more completely different from sorcery and traditional psychic powers. Hell, the more boyz around the more powerful the Weirdboy is since the combined psychic potential of so many boyz will cause him to swell instantly with great power.

We however talk about an individual that uses, without aid of anyone or anything, and only using his own willpower, to manifest psychic powers and not use them for deception, trickery, or manipulation. We talk here about a guy who doesn't even hide behind his fellow Khornates when he's channeling warp stuff for his awesome spell.

I can even imagine that unlike other Khorne worshipers, psykers of Khorne would have to work three times more to earn Khorne's favors. Probably even going so far as to specifically go after incredibly powerful psykers/monsters with psychic powers in order to fight a good fight worthy of Khorne. Or if they don't have any psychic enemies around, then they'd go after normal opponents yet fight them without psychic powers or with using them to a much smaller degree.

>When you realize there is no fucking reason whatsoever as to why Khornate World Eaters and berserkers have not yet teamed up with Khorne Stormboyz despite it being a fact that Khorne now has his own supply of Ork spores to distribute around the Universe
>When Said Khornate Orks, are in effect made up of Ork Oldfags who are some of the most dangerous Orks you can ever be unlucky enough to fight

I'm actually playing Black Crusade with a Melee psyker with barely any psychic powers.
The character wanted to be an exalted warrior of the empire in her world, and she resents her powers for being the cause of the destruction of her life, and Tzeentch for being the source of them, but she has come to term with them as being necessary tools for her objectives in her new life as a heretic now that there is no way back.
Currently she isn't openly following any of the gods and has sadly been blasted in fire by bolts of change and got her throat cut open by a daemonhost so her corruption got UP there pretty quickly, (Spawnhood here I come). Hopefully I'll stop messing things up to get chance to explore a bit about this.

tell me more, user

Basically imagine a bunch of Orks that aren't nearly as fun to be around opposed to any other Ork, because they've come to value comraderie, their species, and are Old in the terms of Season war veteran who is clearly more smarter than he should be and is saddened by the deaths of young boyz who easily snuff it doing silly things in the WAAAAGH!

These are the kind of Quality Orks that are well spoken, experienced, disciplined and similar to what the Beast Had on offer before his defeat.

And Khorne is fucking loaded with said Orks.
It's a complete mystery why they mentioned this shit and didn't realize it's overall importance.

so forgive my ignorance, but can Khornate Orks actually be played? Because this sounds pretty cool. This also reminds me of the older lore I've heard about where Khorne is about honor and fair fighting in battle instead of just blood and murder. Are there any sources for this kind of thing? Regardless, it's pretty cool.

Which is some of the biggest bullshit I have ever heard of. Where do Warp Blessings come from, huh?

Khorne is about Honor, 'Warriors' Honor to be exact, which is pretty much just rules of engagement stuff, because a Warrior is the sort of thing you think with ideas of the like of Barbarian military code, as the initial point is to shed blood, it's there, but no matter how you dress it, current conditions imply you won't see a Fair knight that politely asks to prompt smash his axe into your face until you no longer have one, he'll just proclaim it in warcry and carry on.

The murderhobo crap is due to well, you know, his 40k followers becoming relentess almost undisciplined Berserkers hopped up on adrenaline/Murderspikes, so that had an adverse effect, namely people taking him down a route of outright Demonisation opposed to what he WAS supposed to be.

Each Main Threat the Chaos gods have at their disposal are representative of all of their dogmas and domains taken to their highest extreme, which has synergy with Slaanesh represent Excess AKA overdoing it. The Orks I'm referring to are two examples, one being and Ork that fucked up a Daemon World Daemon Planet and gave Khorne a giggle, and the Ork Stormboyz or whatever they were called, the article eludes me.

Nurgle also has Orks (he's da Geenest) which was also wasted potential, as completely unremovable Ork Spores + Nurgles brand of pox and Fungus would've meant possible spawning of Nurgling underground or the like, effectively, Disease-based Land mines.

It's even technically a use for Orks to be massive explosive spore carriers/Containers for Nurgles Brand of nasty because of howand Orks dual-Animal-fungus physiology works, Nurgle could certainly make the Fungus do more things, the Orks more resilient, the WAAAGH! would swell and allow for effective unit movement, in a sense, said Orks would not be hindered by blatant delibating conditions caused by the Plaguefather's gifts, and they'd probably be great fodder for Daemonhosts, Imagine Gretchin/Nurgling combos, the Ultimate little *literal* Shit.

Poor gal.

Agreed. Raw Warpstuff is however completely different. It's the stuff from which everything is made out of. Chaos Gods included.

So a Khornate Psyker would actually use his willpower to rip a part of it from the Warp and channel it into him to fuel his own brand of powers. That would be acceptable. Not to mention that willpower = strength of the mind, which also is a mental booster to physical prowess.

A warrior, even with the body of a titan among mortals, is nothing to someone who has the iron will that, if given physical form, would dwarf over him. Willpower is one hell of a strength multiplier, since even if every cell in your body would scream in agony, you willpower would slap them and keep you moving onward. Khorne does see the benefits of willpower right?

It's a pseudo mage, it use battle preeching more than magic.

Only magic Khorne would approve of is Fist Magic from Muscle Wizards.