Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

unbeatable strategy edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?cat1=Bits&cat2=Warhammer 40k&cat3=-Imperial Guard&cat4=&page=1&view=06082013-5-44
youtube.com/watch?v=ypgltnMSTvw
hoardobits.com/40k/sm/GK-TERM-BANNER.jpg
sendit.cloud/0sizkoyfg2yd
sendit.cloud/ttanhp21trhi
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is it possible for chaos to win the Konor campaign?

When Chaos loses, the Veeky Forums tears will sustain me for weeks, maybe even months. I shall descend upon this board like a wolf upon a lamb, and bask in the unending impotent rage that this board will pump out. I will gaze upon the suicide threads and rage posts, and drink deep of their whining. When they actually start livestreaming their own suicides and self-mutilation, I'll know true ecstasy. I don’t think my penis will ever be harder than it will be when a million chaostards cry out in itty bitty chaos boi penis fury simultaneously. They'll try to convince themselves it was a rigged campaign. They'll try to convince themselves that GW had pulled a fast one on them. We will riot! They will say. Boycott! Death to the false emperor! they will cry. Time will pass, and they will do nothing because they only talk. They are too cowardly and weak to do anything. But best of all, none of their bitching will balm the pain of knowing that their faction, their armies, will go down in history as an embarrassment, as an amusing footnote at best, as the loud obnoxious assholes who lost to the IMPERIUM. The entire 40k community KNOWS that the Imperium is filled with literal children, that it's practically on average underage, intimidated Xenosfags into silence, and its victory will surely be mired in constant scandals and ethical breaches. But all this only drives home just how little the 40k community think of Chaos. After all their bullshit, their cheats, their lies, they STILL see the Imperium as being superior to Chaos. When the denizens of Veeky Forums come to this realization, they shall know true, soul-crushing, all-encompassing despair. Exquisite shall be their pain. I will look into their eyes and watch their spirit break, and won't reach my climax a moment sooner.
I need to fap.

get gud chaos

Privateer press is looking like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Y-yes!! We'll w-win part two you corpse worshipping d-dog!!

literally who?

Everything is possible. Death Guard codex is dropping soon, with Mortarion and Terminators.

It's pretty even right now. Chaos just got a codex so all the whinyest of the chaos kiddys are actually going to play games now that it's "fair" Their truest numbers will show and they will still be laid low by the might of the imperium of man.

Going to be playing Orks and testing out the Dakkajet. I took out my grots and Runtherd to make room for it in my 1250 points army.

Any advice with using a flyer? I've never used one before.

I was thinking of keeping it in reserve so they can't blow it up turn one.

Not unless GW can give a good reason for Xenos to help chaos.

Eldar are obviously not gonna help slaanesh.
Nid players are all still pissed about Baal.
Tau... I mean, duh. Why would they fight for chaos?
Orks are the closest things to allies Chaos has

>t. butthurt Leviathan since 4e player

Don't be afraid to lose it. Get it into the shit and try to earn it's points back ad quick as possible.

>Tfw codex ships to my LGS on wednesday
SHIT
I wanted to buy it today so I got some bikas instead

Want to add a bunch of crusaders to my SoB army.

Was thinking of using these guys, would adding some purity seals and aquillas make them imperial looking enough?

>noise marines
>6 sonic blasters, 2 blast masters
>run forward
>prescience and warp time
>run forward again
>veterans of the long war and endless cacophony
>36 blaster shots and 14 blast master shots
>sitting in my opponents deployment zone turn one on top of a huge pile of dead marines
Enjoying the new codex?

>possible
sure

>likely
nah

Bumbling chaos is more amusing than "I'm not allowed to lose ever" chaos, so I'm okay with it. I mean, they've got a dude with a skull abacus running the numbers.

As Chaosfag i was never especially bothered about Konor campaign. It's essentially a popularity contest and we all know that Imperium is more popular.

It seems that only ones who give a shit are NPCs, mostly because they project on PCs so they believe that their role is somehow relevant.

Why stop at Space Marine, man? Kotov in Forge of Mars was able to be impaled clean through by what was effectively a dreadnought with Necrontech CCW blades, and he lived just fine while not being considered remotely heretekal for his augmentations. It's the Mechanicus, you go as far as possible with the resources you have. Space Marines are comparatively mass-production plebs, it's not uncommon for a Magos to reach Custodes durability and be armed like a very angry Techmarine with better fixan skills.

Archmagi get themselves bespoke bodies as a matter of course, so they're just insane. Scoria could throw down with and win against Primarchs, so don't feel like "Normal Space Marine" needs to be your stopping point. Go full Hulk, user.

Nah man, flyers are there to eat up a lot of fire. -1 to hit is nasty.

And the dakkajet is fantastic, just a few BRRRTS and your job is done.

Sounds fun. This is why I have blobs of Conscripts up front so they eat all the shots, deny things from moving too close and so I can do comfy counter charges with Bullgryn, Crusaders and Death Cult Assassins.

I'm not afraid to lose it, it gets 18 shots hitting on 4+ with a strength 5 AP-1 just being an Ork I usually always go last unless I roll a 6 at the beginning.

It has a min 20'' movement and a 36'' range for its guns so if I put it in reserve and it comes in the second turn I should be able to shoot basically anything on the board that turn then have them try to hit it on their next turn.

I guess I should state my army is 2 squads of 25 boys, a warboss, a weird boy, boss snirkot and a trukk with nobs.

Yes. You might also want to add Lasguns and roundes bases, that would help.

Jokes aside, add this kind of stuff and you should be set: hoardobits.com/cgi/hob/shop.pl?cat1=Bits&cat2=Warhammer 40k&cat3=-Imperial Guard&cat4=&page=1&view=06082013-5-44

Absolutely not. If you're desperate to sub in some fantasy models, at least take Greatswords, maybe kitbashed with some Flaggelant bits. Shadow Warriors look way too clean, high fantasy, and points-eared and the helmets are even worse for Imperial conversions

ah okay I see

Can't hear you, noiselet.

>Admitting that he's butthurt
Top kek. Get over yourself npcfag, leviathen had to die and you know it. They weren't going to just kill off the blood angels.

Anyone seen any point change in the GK dex so far? Have not notice any myselg.

Also good job geedubs, the GK stratagem does not work on twin psycannons...

LOUDER

When I was making my Crusaders I wanted to do that too, however what would you do for the shields?

Any Tau players here? I'm kind of overwhelmed by all the options they have for any given unit. Can someone educate me on how to serve the Greater Good?

Magnets

And Chaos players wonder why everyone hates them...

SCREAM TO HEARD

No matter how loud you try you're too short to reach me. Sorry manlet boi!

I am listening to the Black Legion audiobook. Daaaymn ADB is a good writer and that voice actor is awesome. Abaddon is so enjoyable in how he interacts with Khayon.

CSM book scan when?

>he actually thinks DG won't get the updated version
>he actually thinks anyone worth playing against will mind if you use the updated datasheet with your Death Guard
Honestly, even if you play against some kind of cuck who won't let you use these newly armed Plague Marines as Troops, since the Axe + Knife version happens to be about as good as Power Axe Chosen, I'd have no scruples actually running them as Elites.

Looks neat, paint them white to give that oh-so-faint klan feel early 40k and the ecclesiarchy has. I'm bashing greatswords and archers with Skitarii for my knight army, and this totally looks awesome, wish I'd thought of it.

I'd shave the symbols off the helmets and get rid of the quivers, though. And if you have enough lying around, getting rid of the Eldar-looking swords and using chainswords (or proppa power swords) would look great

Imperial guard worlds have a limit on the guy who makes the OC, and medieval-esque looking planets are a possibility. Fantasy Imperium is just one of many.

FUCK YEAH! Jonathan Keeble is amazing. He voiced Sevatar in Prince of Crows too.

What?

That's.. wow.

I was expecting anything approaching custom gene seedery to be as heretical as anyone but inquisitors using daemon possessed people in their ranks of the Imperium. I had no idea the AdMechs rolled that way.

Genetor Lord Genome may be a real possibility afterall. Ripping mu'fuckas out of their Chaos Astartes armor before fist fucking them to death.

See
>imperial fags.
You guys write shot post short stories.

Carnac pls

White is ok, but he could also go for an inquisition Storm Trooper color scheme.

>Also good job geedubs, the GK stratagem does not work on twin psycannons...

Psy stratagem not working on twin psycannons
Bolter stratagem not working on twin HB

Yay!

WHAT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?!

*shit post

youtube.com/watch?v=ypgltnMSTvw

Can you share audiobook?

>implying you can't just say 'hey, it's miswritten, but RAI this is exactly what is desired'
Also aside from shitty razorback where is this present? I should add that as is, the psy-strat is fucking bananas with a fully armed psilencer purgation squad.

What can stand before 24 S5 AP-1 Dd3 shots?

Inquisitors have daemonhosts
So I guess you're kosher

WHAT?
THEY'RE SELLING WHAT?

Only points change I can see is termies went up two points each. Shame, I was really hoping purifiers would get a drop since they're currently balls

Twin psy on Vortimer razorback
Twin HB on stormraven
4 Twin HB on thunderhawk

Home made astartes is the least of it. They coordinate literally billions of men in combat, and in 7e could pump up basic Skitarii to WS6 or BS7, which is pretty much Space Marine Captain or Primarch level respectively. They fight like badasses, and just one Reductor Magos could REEE superheavy tanks and such to death with noospheric nonsense, turn drop pod engines into warp IEDS and hijack a Thunderhawk or Stormbird off Istvaan V.
They're massive force multipliers done right, look at Cawl. Hits like a truck with Railgun Melta, can take more hits than two Primaris Captains and makes all your dakkabots half again as shooty and improves the reliability of your Canticles. There's a reason there's only half a dozen or so Archmagi per massive Forge World.

It's not really custom geneseed, since they usually grow a whole new body, augment it with tailored variants of whatever tech they want and noospheric uplinks then transfer in the brain.

Your guy would probably be a Myrmidax or a Malagra, though. They do less "High Command" and more "Fucking Hereteks REEEE SMASH". Here's the summaries of some of the Magos types in 30k, which is still leaving out the Magi Dominus (Masters of the Cybernetica, robot control), the Magi Reductor (Siege Masters/Nomadic fleet-based problem-solvers with a toolkit of superweapons and nonsense tech, used to be the last resort of the Great Crusade when the Astartes had failed miserably) and the Stataraga (Knight House/Titan Legion liasons, buffs to those).

.... Yeah, the one HQ option in the 40k dex which is basically a Space Marine Captain with less options REALLY doesn't do them justice.

Will I need to order them online, or would a store carry them? And what size drill bits will I need?

50 conscripts and a commissar. You kill 9, one gets executed for morale.

Alternatively, any armored transport, which takes between 5 and 6 wounds.

It kills an average of 5 SM a turn though, so that's neat.

It's a lot better with 10 GKPA and the bolter stratagem

deep strike 9" away, 40 S5 AP-1 shots

Only 5? That's kinda dissapointing, actually. That's how many 100 points worth of HWT kill a turn.

Long shot here and I know Veeky Forums isn't the best place for eCommerce but does anyone have 2 Ravagers they'd be willing to sell?

Daily reminder that the Emps is evil as fuck and is 100% at fault for everything bad happening in 40k.

Now that's some weak bait.

t. ADB
Go back to masturbating over your daddy issues please.

not all, the eldar made slaneesh. just like 70% maybe 80.

Shut up Girly man just because he dosent love you dosent make him evil.

>if Emps stopped and listened to Magnus instead of spreging our like a complete moron everything would have ended fine

Really makes you think.

>initiate (you) harvest thanks guys!

50 conscripts are 150 points user....and are super hard to remove due to the commisar

True, 10 interceptors/strike squad is badass dropping down and unleashing a rain of pain.

Well fine, I was thinking more towards daemons n shit. Which it does a good job at, except (sadly) that a S4 v S5 psilencer doesn't mean jack against all the T7 big guys

>"Hey Magnus don't do psyker shit, it's dangerous"
>"Ok dad"

>Fills the Imperial palace with daemons

>use the one thing you forbidden him to use while destroying a delicate project who you were just about to finish and killing thousands of people who were helping you do it

Id REEE from my heart.

Speaking about ADB. He does write the funniest of things like....

The faint and scary voices that Khayon hears whenever he is near Abaddon is actually the autistic shrieking of the Chaos Gods turned up to eleven in Abaddon's head. Threatening him, begging him, pleading with him, tempting him to be theirs. For 10K years and on the Chaos Gods keep screaming in Abaddon's mind unstop. Trying to break his will. That's why he can no longer sleep

but the statement isn't entirely wrong, like if he hadn't had tried to bring all the galaxy under his Imperial Truth then the Interex or what ever they're called would have probably dragged the galaxy into a noblebright setting, instead of pic related.

Fucking edgier than Bismuth man.

Was going to use dark elf kiteshields, they come already blank so adding aquillas and such should be easy.

I was thinking of doing the helms gold, for a custodes inspired look. And yeah i was going to swap the sword blades for chunkier human looking ones.

A long time ago I did it. I had to order them online, not hard to do. The sizes depends on the weapons.

General rule is to drill a hole at least 0.5 larger than the magnet. I would suggest getting a compass to find out what's the polarity of each magnet and colouring one side with a marker so you don't screw it up.

now that's a new level of deviant-art edgy. chaos fags never cease to amaze.

>Magnus and Thousand Sons didn't fell because of Warp sorcery, they fell because others got tricked by Daemon because they lacked experience with dealing with them

Really gets my nogging jogging.

that's metal as fuck.

Last thread, about 3 hours ago.

This is tremendously stupid. No matter how good his skillset is, he's just some random Astartes captain.

Anyone convert their primaris lieutenant with power sword into a librarian? His pose just asks for it

>HE DINDU NUFFIN HE A GOOD BOY

Here we go again. Brace for impact.
Go for it user. I gave him the GK hand carrying a demon hand, a scabard, purity seals, book and grenades from the GK Termies kit. Shit looks baller.

Post a picture? Sounds pretty sweet

*Demon head. This one: hoardobits.com/40k/sm/GK-TERM-BANNER.jpg

It's okay when they Emperor does it...huh?

Just waiting for chaos folks to send in all their soul grinders for daemonic massacre.

Hm.. Maybe. It's entirely possible they may be a Lachrimallus.

The way I imagine the guy is as a big beefy group face that also can act as a tank, if needed. But otherwise is the guy that stays on the ship, in the laboratory. Cloning replacement limbs and otherwise doing Dr. Farnsworth type shit.

Also upgrading his travel pals by enhancing their bodies. In a very disciplined and artisan way, or not at all.

I have none. I will post him once I finish painting him.

Why are deadknights shit now?

their fluff of being demonic failures is why i've never bought one.

What about something like modifying telomeres, so as long as the AdMech continues to.. like.. EAT.. they'll live as long as a hydra or naked mole rat. Two animals that effectively have solved the problem of aging and cancer and genetic integrity.

Is that a little too direct 'immortality' for 40K?

I guess.

Well, even back in the era when 40k was allegedly good, you had descriptions of him like
>Abaddon has attained the favour of each of the Chaos powers in turn, and has proved the equal of his mentor Horus in that he has resisted becoming the pawn of any individual patron.

>Still reading the Black Legion novel
>Abaddon and his crew defeat a Sons of Horus warband that refused to join
>Abaddon captures the SoH leader and hands him one of the Black Legions warbands
>They nail him to their standard and have servitors forcefeed him the bodily waste of the Legion's slaves
>He remains alive for five months before he finally dies

Alright, my stomach turned from this. What the fuck, ADB?

“Peering into the darkness to gain knowledge of the warp is fraught with peril, for it is an inconstant place of shifting reality, capricious lies and untruths. The seeker after truth must have a care he is not deceived, for false knowledge is far more dangerous than ignorance. All men wish to possess knowledge, but few are willing to pay the price. Always men will seek to take the short cut, the quick route to power, and it is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that will lure him to evil ways. True knowledge is gained only after the acquisition of wisdom. Without wisdom, a powerful person does not become more powerful, he becomes reckless. His power will turn on him and eventually destroy all he has built.

“I have walked paths no man can know and faced the unnameable creatures of the warp. I understand all too well the secrets and dangers that lurk in its hidden darkness. Such things are not for lesser minds to know; no matter how powerful or knowledgeable they believe themselves to be. The secrets I have shared serve as warnings, not enticements to explore further. Only death and damnation await those who pry too deeply into secrets not meant for mortals.”

Ahriman blanched at the Emperor’s words, feeling their awful finality. The promise of extinction was woven into every word

ok Veeky Forums ya slipping .

Wat m8??

Some good user post it before:
sendit.cloud/0sizkoyfg2yd
sendit.cloud/ttanhp21trhi

He's comically edgy