What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?

What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?

A little girl had a dolly. The girl died. The dolly was so sad that it developed the desire to have wishes granted with only a thought, knowing that without that, the little girl would never live again. A dick ass fairy saw these desires and granted the dolly the ability to grant others wishes.

Someone wished it into existance, which caused it to retroactively exist.

>Not wanting to disgrace and sully a fancy and refined woman through brutal rape to make her into a cumdump who can't live without your cock.

Is every man in Oglaf an philistine?

Those types pretty well got it out of their system or were otherwise overwhelmed during the slut plagues, I should think

This isn't traditional games. You should have posted this in /co/.

And no, your personal tastes do not grant special exemptions for off-topic posting.

So basically you're saying WAAAAAAAAAAAAH

That's only fun to do during modern times.

Oglaf belongs here more than you do, faggot. Stop trying to backseat moderate.

You're not a mod or a janitor, so don't try to pretend you are.

Why don't you use the Wish Dolly to WISH to know the origin? What's the worst that could happen?

Quit spamming when it's obvious there's no mods around.

>STOP TELLING ME TO NOT LARP AS A MOD, GUYZ

I hope you're joking.

Whether it's intentional or not, it's pretty hilarious.

Oglaf has been posted on this board long before you showed up bucko.

>if I spam something enough on a board, that means it belongs on that board

That's a really selfish and shitty precedent you're trying to set, one that only invites other offtopic spam. The rules are not accidental or optional.

Traditional games are a very niche set of hobbies compared to things like video games or even comics. To try and force traditional games to compete with other fandoms on a board that's supposed to be dedicated to traditional games is, frankly, unjust.

This is comedy, right? You're pulling our leg, aren't you?

Spamming shit until it was accepted was how Veeky Forums got its own board.

Warhammer Wednesdays, kiddo.

I guess if you find this funny, that's why you laugh at a comic like Oglaf, which hasn't been funny for several years now.

>this old lie

There's absolutely no proof that WW had ANY influence on Veeky Forums being created, let alone it being the chief reason it was. That's just a myth Warhammer fans who exaggerate the importance of a couple of weekly threads in /b/ hope to try to repeat until people simply accept it as fact despite their being no evidence to support their claims.

Ooo, sick burn there, Pottsy! Next, tell him the one about his mom last night!

I do, actually, and probably not for the reason you think.

Fuck off, questfag

So, fa/tg/uys - what's so good about Oglaf, anyway?

But questfags want more stuff to be allowed on Veeky Forums, not less...

It can be pretty funny, and the artist is very good at drawing naughty bits.

It's not consistent at all but its highs are higher than any other fantasy-based comic.

>What is the origin story of the wishing dolly?
I don't know, it's some stupid Oglaf thing.

He's calling
>muh false flag
on that guy, because he knows deep in his bosom that nobody who shares his opinions could ever be a cunt.

So, basically, occasionally funny dick jokes.

I'll pass.

All orifices are involved.
Only amateurs limit themselves.

I wish summer would end already.

>All orifices are involved.
>orifices

Dicks are orifices now, huh?
No wonder this place's full of faggots ...

>Dicks are orifices now, huh?
Where the fuck do you think the pee comes out

>Oglaf
>Not Veeky Forums

>Let's theorize on the origin of a fictional magical artifact.

>This isn't traditional games.
Heh

Hey guys, is there an Oglaf theme bait image?
(Halfway through confirming I wasn't misspelling "Oglaf" again, I remembered that I actually made pic related. I no joke forgot about it.)

>Refined women
>2017

So you're saying you don't like the sound of that?

Is it a traditional game?

No?

Than it's not a traditional game.

And pretending to be a mod is, huh?

desu, people have been pretending to be mods since forums were invented. sounds traditional to me.

tits
dicks
cum
funnies

Traditional games have a lot more leeway than something like video games. Video games are a closed medium for the most part. Excepting things like Minecraft, Littlebigplanet and the like, you are playing an existing product, and there is not much you personally invest into it.

By contrast, a traditional game is often wholly invented in its content and plot by gm and players. As such, there is a lot more that feeds into traditional games than simply talking about systems or rulesets.

In any case, off-topic threads hurt boards primarily by being disruptive, and the only one being disruptive here is you.

>In any case, off-topic threads hurt boards primarily by being disruptive, and the only one being disruptive here is you.

No, because this thread is disruptive and promotes further disruption. Disrupting an offtopic thread is hardly the crime you want to imagine it to be, because frankly, this doesn’t belong here in the first place.

A few off-topic threads are fine, but it becomes an issue when people like OP start feeling entitled to the point where they are making threads with blatantly and absolutely no interest in actually discussing traditional games. This mindset is the kind that leads other people to follow, and with enough people blatantly disregarding the rules, it becomes a major issue.

Relying on things like Grandfather clauses to repeatedly spam off-topic threads just encourages other fandoms to spam their things here until they can likewise claim that they should be Grandfathered into being allowed to spam here. That’s why its appalling to try and act like your personal interests deserves special exemptions to the rules, because other people will likewise use that precedent to post their offtopic personal interests here.

Oglaf isn’t bad. But, it’s not traditional games, and as such there really shouldn’t be a thread for it here every single time it updates, especially when the update has absolutely no relation to traditional games and the OP doesn’t even bother to pretend he wants to discuss traditional games.

>this thread is disruptive and promotes further disruption.
False.
Not thst user, but this thread was to discuss possible origins for evil wishing dolls like the one presented.

>OP doesn’t even bother to pretend he wants to discuss traditional games.
OP being a lazy faggot is irrelevant.
The Original Post made sufficient effort to begin a Traditional Games discussion and your feelings about other threads that don't are irrelevant.
Your feelings in their entirety are irrelevant.

Now kindly stop making off-topic meta-posts.

A simply constructed doll with such powerful magic implies a powerful magic user, or enchanter, that has an attachment or affection for that design, either by convention of the craft or something more personal.
I refuse to believe the simplistic design is one of necessity.

Clearly a doll that grants wishes, and yet extends the effects like a troll GM flavoring a natural 20, is a "cursed" object.
Although, the source of the magic may not be a literal curse.
The magic involved in the crafting of such an artifact is such that it cannot be the product of accident or happenstance.
I am left to believe that the doll was crafted with the intention of seeking malevolent results upon specific person or persons. Whether the current, formerly ugly, holder of the doll was the intended victim, or merely the latest unfortunate to discover the true nature of the doll, remains to be seen.

The final question is:
>Can such a doll be used to positive effect? Can you ask for a wish that cannot be over-fulfilled to your detriment?

>999 plot in a nutshell

fucking kill yourself nerd

You are setting some really shitty precedents here, and already there are ten other offtopic threads on Veeky Forums right now following your ideas.

The OP matters, especially in the age of the catalog. It's hard enough to keep people on topic when the thread starts out that way, and next to impossible if it doesn't. The lazy OP and the zero game discussion in this thread is enough evidence of that.

Funnily enough, the only thing that makes people actually even try to discuss games in offtopic threads like these is people pointing out that these sort of threads are off topic. The problem is that it ends up just being empty chatter to keep the mods from deleting their threads outright.

It's all really just people being shitty and feeling entitled, and not really appreciating what happens if other people decide to act like they do.

>Funnily enough, the only thing that makes people actually even try to discuss games in offtopic threads like these is people pointing out that these sort of threads are off topic.

Not true at all. It happens in plenty of "off-topic" threads if you let it. Quit acting like your shitposts are helping anything. If you think it's off-topic, report it and move on, but don't act like you're going to save Veeky Forums by bitching at everything you don't like.

plot in a nutshell
Unfamiliar, but if I recall corectly that's also kind of how the Hitchhiker's Guide Mark 2 was created.
It was designed to exist outside time, percieved and functioned in 360 drgrees of temporal direction (not just forwards and backwards), and was dedicated wholly to its purpose.
To that end, it manipulated events to ensure it's unlikely construction in order for it to exist so that it could achieve it's purpose, which it knew it would because it could perceive the entire timeline.
It had itself programmed in order follow its programming.
Very neat.

For what purpose would someone wish on a doll that exists, for it to exist?
Nevermind, I got it: "I wish for another doll that grants wishes."

One out of fifty isn't plenty, and that's being generous.

Stop defending offtopic posts already. There's really no reason for them being here, because if you want to discuss the topic (the actual topic, not the bullshit that the OP might staple to the thread to keep it from being deleted like "stat me"), then there's other boards for that.

You really shouldn't be trying to turn Veeky Forums into your personal "all of my interests" board, because image in everyone did the same. You're either acting exceptionally entitled and unfair, or asking to kill all traditional games discussion, and both are really awful and indefensible.

>You are setting some really shitty precedents here
>precedents
Heh
I really don't think I am.
Discussing an on-topic OP concept is hardly precedent setting activity.

>there are ten other offtopic threads on Veeky Forums right now following your ideas.
Citation Needed
I sincerely question your ability to gauge such things, not that there could be such things.

Did you have any intention of contributing any thoughts or discussion regarding the origin of such a doll or my question regarding a possible positive result from an over-fulfilled wish?

Note that such a wish would not be ever be truly subverted or undone by its fulfillment, just so fulfilled that it becomes undesirable.
Like those natural 20 jokes from that thread a while back.

>image in everyone did the same.

It's be like Veeky Forums used to be when I first came here, where people didn't have a bug up their ass all the time about being "on-topic." It was fucking great.

JUSTICE!

"My wife has been taken, magical doll, I wish for Justice!"

>durhurr I am new and i declare this thing that has been here for years before me to be off topic!

Awesome, so Veeky Forums was starting to recover but these idiots are back. This is why everyone who holds Veeky Forums is in debt.

>Awesome, so Veeky Forums was starting to recover
Read the rest of the thread over for a Thrilling Tale of Justice.

Choice find, user.
A Devil Called Squid.

Any alternative theories or stories for the origin of such a doll, or other cursed wish granting item?
I honestly can't think of any story that goes into the origin.
The closest was "When in hell...", a comic about a guy's descent into hell, where he found and befriended the rest of the monkey.
His first wish off the monkey's other paw was:
"I wish there was such a thing as an 'assophone'."

How is this even a question?

The comic has already shown that the Wishing Dolly is basically just a puppet for the Curse Skull to go around cursing people.

You have cursed the thread with the Curse of the Correct Answer, swiftly killing any remaining discussion.

I mean, kinda I guess? Do you understand how refined she is though? Like it's not fun at that point.

And quests were here before Oglaf too.

Niether of them are traditional games.

"Being here for years" is literally the same arguments used by fucking questfags as to why they wanted to stay on the board.

It seems entirely arbitrary to make that argument not acceptable for one thing but acceptable for another.

Once again, newfags ruin everything with their autism and ego.

Daily reminder that a newfag owns the site and newfags have changed the rules set by the oldfags

user A:
>newfags ruin everything with their autism and ego

user B:
>Needless reminder that one of us owns the site and us newfags act like we have changed the rules set by the oldfags

Way to live down to expectations, user B.
I couldn't make something sadder up if I tried.

The rules have changed.

Things which are not traditional games like quests no longer belong on the board, despite old moot stating they did.

It's the best sex-themed post apolcalyptic fantasy slice of life comedy webcomic on the market!

Democracy based storytelling has been around since adults realised they could shut a group of children up by telling a story and letting them yell what they wanted to happen next at regular intervals so they felt like they were doing something other than sitting quietly. But quests apparently aren't traditional.

Sex is the oldest and most traditional profession/game, but this is a blue board too.

Thats neat

so why are you still here? :^)

Rules may change.
But dickbags remain the same.

Oglaf may or may not be Veeky Forums, but wish granting dolls and their various origins are.
Now, are you going to participate in the discussion and follow the rules or are you going to be a dickbag?

Not sure how I missed FPBP.
That is, indeed, neat.

It reminds me of a novel where a kid gains fairy sight by looking at a funeral procession through his legs, later researches and discovers that old lore states that is one way to gain it, and much later finds out that it's all a total crock of shite but the king saw him doing it, remembered the silly old human lore, and granted the sight on a whim, with heavy eventual consequences.

Portal to the plane of piss.

>Oglaf may or may not be Veeky Forums, but wish granting dolls and their various origins are.
Questfag logic.

'Quests may not be Veeky Forums but fantasy stories are!'

Rules are rules. This thread is NOT traditional game content.

Jesus christ why are you antiquestfags so salty and disruptive at all times about all topics?

It's almost like the questfags were correct and you guys didn't actually give a shit about the state of Veeky Forums, and just wanted to bitch constantly forever about anything at all.

The worst part is that quests are Veeky Forums. They're straight up tabletop games. That's why they were allowed on Veeky Forums for the better part of a decade until a new boss came along who didn't know what Veeky Forums was.

Like, that is what it took for a Veeky Forums thing to get kicked out. An entirely new management staff dedicated to putting up terrible ads.

>They're straight up not tabletop games
FTFY

>IRC games now are not Veeky Forums because you play them digitally
Some of them straight up ran with D&D rules man. But, as
said, you probably know that already and are just bitching to bitch with no end goal other than bitching.

They're nothing like any IRC games I've played, either. Or play-by-post games, for that matter.

That's probably because you've never played any IRC or play by post games, like most people who are here entirely to bitch and nothing else.

Stop lying and I'll stop bitching. Otherwise you can just fuck off and kill yourself already.

It's really weird how much more frequent complaining about the topic of on-topic threads is now that quests are gone.

Says the guy who lied about them not being traditional games and the guy who lied about them not being similar to online games.
Hell, many of them play as a fucking session of everyone's john. Which you also would know about, if your hobby was tabletop games and not bitching forever. Though, what can we expect? Your type communicate entirely through lies, bitching, and stale memes.

Questfag or AntiQuestfag, I find it shockingly stupid how desperate a few user's are to assert that a discussion regarding the possible origins of a magical wishing doll that over-grants wishes is 100% NOT Veeky Forums.
I mean, they aren't even offering an argument or reason why these dolls aren't Veeky Forums.
It's weird, right?

Personally, like that first post, but I'd like a really sinister and creepy backstory.
Mainly because the design of that doll creeps me slightly.

I'd suggest one. But I just
keep coming up with Not!Chucky.

But they AREN'T traditional games, and they're not at all similar to online games. Are you telling me that you can't tell the difference between watching a game show and playing a video game? Because those two things have about as much in common, as you'd well know if you had any actual experience with anything Veeky Forums related. Seriously, just fuck off already.

It's just how they do. They pick a thing that's Veeky Forums and bitch about it forever.
Though I do enjoy the backstory of a magical doll given life by an irresponsible wizard who has powers way outside of what the wizard expected. Just like baby bones.

>Assertation with no evidence based primarily on lies and bitching
>assertation with evidence based on other games that are Veeky Forums and are played in the same way

I don't know why antiquestfags are so dumb about this.
Even the guys who kicked quests out acknowledge they are traditional games, but that Veeky Forums isn't for playing games, it's for talking about games.
That's why risk was booted too.

It's less about the doll thing, and more about how it's really obvious that OP just made this thread to post the webcomic. When people do things repeatedly, it forms a pattern, and plausible deniability diminishes.
It's not really that weird for people to recognize this. In fact, it's actually weirder that you would be willing to extend the benefit of the doubt to a complete stranger when that stranger is a repeat offender.

>keep coming up with Not!Chucky.
You'd actually be surprised by just how many "Evil Doll" horror movies there are aside from the Chuckies. They're almost all uniformly shit though.

>evidence
I guess it shouldn't be surprising that you can't comprehend what the word means. No, saying "It's similar to x" is not, in fact, evidence, especially when a closer inspection reveals that it isn't at all similar.

>he doesn't know what everyone is john is
Shit, I guess they were right, you really don't play tabletop.

It's really obvious you don't actually think OP isn't a Veeky Forums material, and instead are just jonesing for something to complain about.

>he makes up more lies
I do know what it is. I have, however, yet to see a quest that was even remotely similar to how it plays.

Of course you've yet to see a quest that was similar, you've neither played quests nor everyone is john. We've established this.

Then you have yet to see any quests. Literally all of them play like EIJ, but usually less competitive between players and with an end that isn't defined by short term goals.

>They're straight up tabletop games.
Which is why there are exclusively played electronically over an image board and never on table tops, right :^)

>We've established this.
No, what we've established is that you're a lying hypocrite.