Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1680: Invalid Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll have you know that that term is extremely insulting and ablest.
I prefer the term "crippled motherfucker"

What perks allow me to kill eldritch beings?

What happens if two persons try to use their reality marble at once?

>NINGEN humans are powerful enough to throw a sword so hard that it can pierce through dragon scales with ease. Granted it was a holy sword, but given the power level of Dragons in this jump it should give you a decent understanding of their power level however
Nope, that was a god who stabbed Tohru.

They cancel out
----
I asked this a few threads ago but lost track of the responses.

What perks mitigate the effects of Golden Mind's separation from the human condition.

Before you say I don't need perks for everything. I don't want to have to concentrate to act human all the time.

I think something like that happens in UBW with Shiro and Blacker Future Shiro, and it's basically a half and half world.

Invalid OP.
insert REEE about OP maker here.

Don't you think it's time we used something besides the current intro pdf?
Maybe a guide for newbies, or a "this is how jumpchain works" so they aren't just thrown into the deep end.
It'd be nice if we could codify unwritten rules about jumpchain like how many companions you're allowed to have, what supplements and jumps are invalid, how things get on the drive, which namefags are cool and which aren't, etc.
Please, PLEASE realize this is satire.

Everyone give me your REEE, we need more too defeat them!

>Invalid Edition
YOUR FACE IS INVALID

Nigga you asked this last thread.

How would I spread the free perk that gives you the ability to pose and dress like JoJo to my civilization?

I'd like for this to be a gauntlet, do you think there's enough material to work with before the movie comes out?
(it's "preparing for production in 2017" apparently)

The "You remain you" perks that a few jumps (e.g. Chronicles of Narnia) have, would help somewhat if you were naturally sociable and friendly to begin with.

Yes just as it closed. And nobody really helped me get an answer since it was so late in the thread.

Thank you a lot :)

You know It'd actually make more sense for Truth to take both of your legs instead of just your dominant arm. Seeing how he'd probably know that You're a "Jumper". but eh. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[Diablo 1-2]

Drawback: Prime Target (1600)

Mage, age 26

Diamond Mind (Free)
Loremaster (Free)
Stay a while and listen! (1500)
Elemental Magic (1300)
Violent Life/Peaceful Death (900)
Binding and Banishing (600)
White Gear (Free)
Canon: Cassia, Isendra (0)

I started out by handing everyone-EVERYONE in the village a COMP. I had to dumb down the demon summoning program's operation to "you use lightning sorcery and an ancient language to subjugate demons with the power of a god from another world". Only then did I rewrite the very laws of magic, my left hand engulfed by boiling void ringed with wyldlight, my right hand writing burning sigils that collapsed geometry into infinite lattices. Lot of trouble just to give everybody Almighty and Pierce skills, really.

Much later, people noticed they were getting huge and swole after killing enough demons. Word spread, and soon Worldstone or no Worldstone the Nephalem heritage was starting to reawaken. Nobody remembered it being quite this strong, but-details.

By the time we reached the foot of the Worldstone, Diablo was throwing everything he had left at us. At this point everyone was nice, swole and getting the hang of using buffs/debuffs correctly so while everyone else was fighting, I was carving the Worldstone into a throne worthy of a Judgement.

I also installed some seat cushions and a cupholder. Because even if you don't have a butt, there's no point to wielding the infinite powers of creation if your not-Ark of the Covenant doesn't match the rest of your furniture.

Amane went to ask if the Lord of Terror was willing to hear the good news about. He tried to hit her and ended up punching himself in the face. The Lord of Terror is currently going through public relations training at Kiara's hands.

I'm sure he'll be a productive member of the new world order once he stops begging for death!

...K? Why'd you post the pdf, though, broheim?

Literally one of the oldest jumps.

Less about Jumpers being omnipotent metaphysically important dick-wavers and more about "Oh cool, get to visit [insert world here]."

Little did they know
Nobody ever did care about the worlds they visited.

>Literally one of the oldest jumps.
Need some update, right?

Whats a jump where I can be a youkai? Like, specifically a youkai. Generic monsters will not do. Cryptids would also work, but all I can think of for them is generic creepypasta.

A) good luck finding the jumpmaker
B) good luck convincing them it's worth their time
C) good luck not coming off as an asshole for stalking them over the internet just to coerce them to change this little thing.

Touhou.
Golden Sky Stories.
Kamigawa.

Pocky and Rocky, I think.

If they didn't want to update it for later relevance, they shouldn't have made the jump.

Whats golden sky?

In theory, wouldn't it be super easy for an advanced alchemist to give themselves sick element legs? Guessing he didn't want to start a precedent for everybody breaking a leg to kickstart an era of alchemy jetpacks.

What IS that? I feel like I've seen it before somewhere.

I remember the capstone-boosted Prosperity of the Sun lets your civ gradually emulate your ways. Maybe also Thousand Streams River from Lunars, if you can make posing into a way of life?

>not dragonball REE

ONE

JOB

REEEEEEEE

Interesting. Major marriages I thought of were Soundgarden + Bottled Lightning (sand storms generate a lot of static to then manipulate) and Soundgarden + Transfer (to provide defense against your own attacks and teleport though the material too.)

I don't really get what you mean with the Earthflow combo though. I mean, yes, I get that it lets you do more general earthbending with your voice, but I don't see how it raises the skill cap or complexity. Outside of the expansion in materials, the only added functionality is the earth demons.

>do Dovahkiin scenario in Skyrim
>come back and finish the anti-Thalmor job post-spark

On a scale of "why wait?" to "Planeswalkers vs. Tonal Architecture," how's it sound?

user, that's like saying the people in Domain Master should've made a full RISK-style ruleset for it despite all odds being that it would die in a few months (which it did).

Nobody expected /jc/ to last this long.

youtube.com/watch?v=9VDvgL58h_Y

You are an expert on things like this right? Which is better using the soul turned into demiplane plan or Inner World?

>Why wait?
You'd need a bit more mojo than what the Dovahkiin scenario gives you, but it's easily achievable pre-Spark.

Is Partially Kissed Hero the one where humanity colonizes other star systems then packs up and goes back to earth when they don't find any alien life after a decade? And something about Russia Invading Canada by marching over the North Pole?

Not sure why but this conversation makes me want a Halo update.

I'm like 90% sure it's one of those Harry Potter fanfics that is so shitty I had to quit reading it.

>Tonal Architecture

Man.

I had a guy literally break it down for me in retard-speak, and I still do not comprehend this shit.

Whoops, I accidentally my quote. This is meant to answer your question about .

It's the one where Dumbledore is snidely whiplash tier evil, like literally even having the facial hair and sense of style, only the portraits of the other headmasters keeping him from being that obvious. He has a horcrux of his own, two actually one guarded by Snape and the other by Mad Eye.

Are we ever going to see that Ciaphas Cain jump? That looked pretty good.

Yes, those are some of the stupid things in PKH. Not the stupidest, by far, but those do happen.

Question for HeavensAnon or Wukong. What happens when a person who already has a Solar Exaltation gets imported into a different Caste in the Solars jump?

Yes.

Polar Invasion needs to be a fucking perk for how dumb it is.

The fiat-backed one takes precedence.

DOUBLE SOLAR.

What if they're both fiat-backed, though? Like if you import She-Of-Fair-Eyes into the Solars jump?

The same thing that happens with Jumper's castes when they become a Lunar-Sidereal-Solar through the power of fiat, I'd imagine.

The one that's more fiat-backed, then.

So you're full of shit. Got it.

You'd get the benefits of both Castes (which is mainly just learning rates and anima effects), but the Exaltation itself wouldn't 'stack', I imagine. Just posting this here for reference.
I-I like settings, guys...

Except Elfen Lied. That one was a dare.

>Jumper makes Ruby read fanfiction

By demiplane plan do you mean that thing I wrote a while ago? That's the only one I'm familiar with. If so, I suppose that really depends on your priorities and timeframe.

The demiplan offers more immediate access to something you can take stuff in and out of, and arguably more metamagic potential being a product of extensive self-sorcery instead of Charm development at the cost of, well, crippling yourself and sprouting a world around your broken husk. The other advantage is rather than being a person with a little world inside of them, you end up as a world with a little person inside of them; the initial inner world doesn't give you the endurance, scope of magical prowess etc. of being a genius loci by itself.

Gaining an Inner World is painless and much less complicated; you just learn the Charm/buy the perk and it poofs into being somewhere within you. But there's no telling how advanced the Charms needed to transport other things (which likely need more complex Charms the larger/more significant the stuff taken in or out is), the world will fit your Devil-Tiger themes in some way and while the demiplan can theoretically be custom tailored to start with useful features like fonts of mana or leyline defences or whatnot, by best you start with here is some interesting geographical features.

If all you want is to be spiritual geography, I'd go with the Inner World since it's a lot less traumatic, Heck, I came up with it because it seemed like there would never be any Exalted jumps at the time.

Oh, thanks. It's all coming back now. I've never actually gotten round to watching that thing, is it good or cringe?

Settings are fun!
And then settings get *wierd* and then they REALLY FUN

It's alright Moon-Kitten, I do the same. Settings I love, or settings that vaguely interest me, or settings that sound kinda sorta interesting even if I've never heard of them before, or settings I'm tossed to.

Check the archives. (I found your post in literally under 30 seconds)

Two? You are woefully off. He's got more than that.
Snape has one. Mad Eye has one. His brother has one. He's got one in his family home in Godric's Hollow...
Incidentally, all of those people have horcruxes of their own (except maybe his brother?) and all have mutual unbreakable vows to revive Dumbles/whoever.

Reading it is like watching a train wreck: You know it's horrible, but morbid curiosity makes you keep watching to see how bad it gets.

In the Naruto scenario Alien Invaders do you get the Tenseigan in order to fight the invaders, like the Sage of Six Paths boost in, well, the Sage of Six Paths scenario or is it the reward for winning? It just says
>You will be granted the full power of the Ōtsutsuki clan's Energy Vessel, awakening your Tenseigan,
It doesn't say when you get it.

I stopped reading at the part where he claimed different species of Oak don't exist, and scientists just make up new species to claim a pay check.

It's pretty good, in my opinion.

>I've never actually gotten round to watching that thing
it's like 10 minutes long, just watch it.

Not 100% certain what you mean by stack. If someone is a solar than takes the lunar jump can they shape shift and learn both solar and lunar charms? Likewise how do the caste marks look?

Oh, yeah, totally. That's how the Exaltations work in general, at least in the context of jumpchain. When I said 'they don't really stack', I meant two Solar Exaltations, not other Exaltations.

You can activate it whenever. But until the scenario is completed, your tenseigan is dependent on the energy vessel, and while it's reserves are massive, so is the draw of your full power. Use it too much and you'll run out of mojo before the aliens come.

I'm pretty sure Ninjanon said something like you're living in a shounen anime, might as well fanwank it at some point.

>likely need more complex Charms
Is it even possible then, given the limit on custom essence 5+ charms? Everything to do with Inner Worlds and Devil Tigers is late game infernal stuff, when you're well into that essence 5+ territory.

Ok, thanks.

Reposting since you are here. I expect the answer is either no, as an user suggested or I tried looking in the archives but couldn't find anything about this.

What happens if, in Naruto, you take Founding Father, Enduring Whirlpool, and MC-KUN?

Would you effectively be pre-uzu royalty who has to found and then rule Konoha, save Whirlpool from being destroyed in the Second Shinobi War, and then for presumably ham-fisted reasons have to take a Genin team years later, which results in quick escalation, going from a guy with a sword to dimension hopping moon bunny in only a few years?

Um. I think that's fanwank territory. Infernals' (and Lunars') Charms do have the thing where they can be repurchased at higher Essence to do what they do better, but at least one of the known higher Essence Charms greatly broadens capability as well as overall oomph.

You could always try using other forms of spiritualism, magic or even psionics to yank stuff in and out of course. Imaginary Universe from MGNQ, Psychonauts' mind portal tech, FLCL's head portal tech, the demon handbook from SN or Nanoha's summoning might be good places to start.

Fanwank it into something that fits. Maybe you founding konoha prevents uzu from forming, and instead the Uzumaki settle konoha. Then you get all their enemies all at once during the second war.

Alright then. And for MC-KUN I just end up as team 7's teacher for some reason?

I'm surprised its not talked about more but the perks in Mount and Blade are really good, Especially the Student Perkline with both the 400CP and 600CP perks your practically guaranteed to take way less casualties then your opponent as long as you win.

And those General perks are nothing to shy about either. For a commander Jumper this jump is a godsend.

It's not epic-level, shonen, cosmic, or any other definition of high-powered.

Of course it's not going to be talked about.

Either that or you apprentice either sauce or naruto, then kakashi takes the other and you form a joint team.

>These threats would normally come one at a time, but now they come all at once.
Does that mean that there are more aliens other than Momoshiki and Kinshiki, and Toneri?

How do you deal with the situation where your companion runs into alternate versions of them selves in a later jump? Like if you took Professor X from the X-mrn Movie jump as a companion and then went to Star Trek: Next Gen to meet Captain Picard.

And on that how do you tell people from the D&D jumps that their entire worlds are nothing but games people play?

>Toneri
I still maintain that the moon Otsutsuki aren't pureblooded, but are rather a mostly human clan descended from the younger brother just like the Hyuuga and probably the Kaguya. They just don't look or behave like pureblooded aliens.

Or maybe (since Enduring Whirlpool requires you to be an Uzumaki) the Uzumaki become one of the Founding Clans of Konoha (because Mito is Hashirama's wife and you're the First Hokage) and so people freak out about the fact that you have not only the Uzumaki Seal Masters, but also the Senju and Uchiha with Hashirama and Madara still leading them?

Cool. Thank you.

Might have to have a companion watch over whichever one I don't apprentice if I do that. Just in case.

I think one of my favorite things from the jump is ironically not the perks but the items, those ever replenishing food supplies are a gold mine. One of the biggest problems a medieval army would have is lack of logistics and having a easy supply of food always on hand would be a great help.

That would be a valid concern, to be fair.

Hyuuga are pretty famous too. You basically have a collection of the most famous/infamous bloodlines around.

Question for you Jumpers. What kind of pranks do you play on people in setting using out of context powers (Like for example being a wood caste in Exalted with the ability to kinesis Fire, Water, Air and Earth)

Jumpers power themselves up and then destroy the entire opposing army single-handedly. That's the nature of the beast.

Your questions are moronic and you should feel bad for having them.

Them being descended from Hamura's younger brother is not only canon, it's a critical plot point of the movie. The reason why Toneri is trying to destroy Earth is because the Moon Hyuga misread their ancestor's words as "Kill all the Earth Ninja if they go astray", and so when Madara stole the Ten Tails' body the Branch House flipped out and decided to kill everyone like they thought they were supposed to. Main House gets slaughtered (ironically because the Branch House abused Chakra in the same way the Earth Ninja were in the form of the Tenseigan weapon), and the Branch House then starts ripping out their eye balls and adding it to the weapon so that one day they can hurl the fucking Moon at the Earth and destroy the world of the Sage of Six Paths.

Since I tend to think of pranks as inherently mean spirited, at least in part, I tend to prank to bad guys. You could call it tricking or deceiving, but the look on the villains face when they try to reveal their trump card, the new abilities they've been spending all their time training, only to get a notice that their free trial has expired and they have to pay exorbitant amounts of money to renew them is hilarious.

Yeah, that's part of why I hold that position. Yet all around, including here, I see people treating the moon Otsutsuki as purebloods, sometimes excepting Toneri's immediate family. It's a really strange misconception because I don't see where they're getting the idea that they were full on aliens that just happened to be hanging around all this time doing nothing.

Plus it lines up perfectly as a mirror of the Senju/Uzumaki relationship on Hagaromo's side and gives a nice even 6 clans collectively descended from Kaguya.

Momo and Kin come, and are stronger than in canon. They also have far better teamwork and target you before moving on to their canon goals. That's all. Oh, and Toneri isn't a threat anymore.
Yeah, that's fine.

How did they misread it as kill them all? What was the real message?

The actual jump is child's play for even within the first five jumps, the user is talking about the perks.

Exactly. This isn't even counting all the other clans that have joined you, or the fact that the Founding Father drawback required you deal with the Daimyo and the other clans trying to sabatoge you. At this point, you've dealt with that, united all the clans, became Hokage with two SS-rank shinobi as competition, and most likely still have all nine Tailed Beasts with you (because remember, Hashirama was the one who captured them all and gave them to the various villages, a Jumper Hokage would probably keep them, something that Madara would fully support). And, of course, with all that, you probably also demolished them all in the First Shinobi World War. So of course they're all going to freak the fuck out, gang up. and try to kill you until you're dead

Thanks.

I'm having difficulty finding the motivation to actually start a chain.
Any advice?

Start a chain

I hadn't even thought about the tailed beast's. That's a damn good point.

Don't. It will eat up more than you should give.

Yes. He was talking about how those perks benefit people who command military forces. My reply was to point out that most jumpers do not command military forces, because they are mary sue self-inserts who fix everything all by themselves. Do you follow?

What's your favorite series with a jump?

Are the wolves eating her or cuddling with her? I can't really tell.