Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Chaos Winning New Planet Edition

Old thread: >Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Chaplain
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does the whole deploy 9 inches from a unit with infiltrate count verticality?
Like if a units in a building and I need 3 inches to move up into it, do I deploy 6 inches from the building which in total equals 9?

Fresh converted GK chaplain in front of my two GK librarian conversions and Bro-captain Stern.

Apologies for the shitty camera, sister borrowed my good camera without asking.

>2x6

why?

How do you guys run your Infiltrators? Power swords or Taser goads?

Since shooting range is measure horizontally, I would say that you must deploy 9"+ away. Rules only bring up vertical movement when moving through terrain and charging through it, nothing else.

Store-limitations

Still need halp pls

Can someone explain to my why GKs now having chaplains isn't blatant lore rape?

Converted a couple of those servitor Electro-priests I keep going on about. They came out like Cybermen filtered through JoJo, but I kinda like them. Only 18 more to go.

>Tau getting new models with their codex. Again
Where were you when the weeblords became PC?

MORE CUTEDAR WHEN?

Because the original "too pure to need chaplains" was contrived in the first place.

Proofs? It's a rumour.

Meditating inside the sun, because a) they're not and b) they won't.

Assuming that none of these units change much when the chaos daemons codex come out, how does this look for my first list?

Never

It's 100 years after the black crusade failed, most of their dead were replaced with new recruits who are more faithful?

In one of the first novels about them ever GK had chaplains. Lots of people have been asking for them since then.

Having chaplains is also one of those things that makes space marines space marines. Not having a chaplain for your SM collection is HERESY and should be punishable by execution on the spot.

Because it makes more sense for them to have Chaplains than for them not to? It's fixed some bullshit. Like how Blood Angels, SW and DA couldn't have the vanilla AA tanks. At least SW and DA had unique airsuperiority fighters... BA, the fucking best flyer chapter, didn't have a single one. Only GK's were devoid of a unique set of flyers. That's major codex.

Nth for straken being stronger than an ogryn

A pretty reliable one since it comes from someone not on tg

MORE CUTENIDS WHEN?

Depends on the game. Goads for swarms, swords fro MEQs.

The Black Crusade is ongoing. It never ended.

You can chill and smoke pot with one chaos champion for an afternoon, they cannot kill you, who do you choose?

Write a plot for a 40k story.
>insane tech priest tries to create a way to communicate with the Omnissiah/Emperor

You mean Lady 'SoB plastics totally coming in Feb2016...October2016...Decemeber2016... Err... They're really coming guys, b-but no date yet' Anita?

LMAO.

wtb /ss/ between lelith and her son

You mean this one?

Never!

Dude, the Imperial Church shouldn't know that the Grey Knights exists. Chaplains get sent to learn their craft in the Imperial Church. What are they gonna do with the place that the Grey Knight learned from? Burn it down?

So GW is actually fucking with the campaign's results. Motherfuckers.

Also - I have some doubts. Can I get a legon trait having daemonettes in a detachmnt or not? Does the passage means ALL units in a detachments have to have a proper legion keyword - or it means that you can't have more than one legion keyword in your detachment, and thus allowing to have daemons because they acually aren't any legion?

Also - can't now World Eaters and Emperor's Children have their cult marines as troops no more or am I missing something?

Doomrider, obviously. Though he probably wouldn't settle for just pot.

MORE ADEPTUS MECHANICUTES WHEN?

>insane tech priest tries to create a way to communicate with the Omnissiah/Emperor
>after a few failed attempts, something answers, it is primordial, and so detached from common concerns of the Imperium denizens that it seems almost incomprehensible

>Can I get a legon trait having daemonettes in a detachmnt or not?
No.

>Does the passage means ALL units in a detachments have to have a proper legion keyword
Yes.

>Also - can't now World Eaters and Emperor's Children have their cult marines as troops no more or am I missing something?
No they can't.

Kharn
The others will make you sick/insane/tortured
At least Kharn can't do much if he can't maim you

>take EC berzerkers
>always get both fights before enemy and get extra attacks for any model killed as per stratagem
>can take sorcerers too
Nice.

Maybe poach from chaplains already taught? GK are under the inquisition they can do whatever the fuck they want

Not a chaosfag by any means but I figure Ahriman would be the most interesting.

Fucking what? The GK are made with the Emperor's geneseed and there's nothing to stop a small select band of Ecclesiarchs being stationed on Titan where they learn. It's hardly fucking lore destroying. What's MORE lore destroying is the fact that

1. The Terminius Decree hasn't been activated as soon as the Daemons broke into the Imperial Palace

and

2. The power that even the combined full might of the Grey Knights couldn't stop under Titan hasn't fucking awoken DESPITE the huge rift

>warbands fracturing off to fight personal battle elsewhere
>ignoring Amy the armless's orders
Na, it failed. Abaddon just doesn't want to admit it.

What if I summon daemons?

Kharn. I'll dare him to kill a 6 million kikes in an afternoon.

governor's son plays backroom politics trying to unfuck the mess his dad made , with guest appearances of the tau, the imperial navy, de guard and the inquisition

Definitely Kharn. Great fuckin' guy. Bought me lunch once.

>saint philistine

>wakes up void dragon
Necrons on top at last

:3

can berzerkers even take a mark of slaanesh?

I also don't like this, chaplains were meant to enforce the council of nikea (lol) and make sure no marines fall to corruption, GKs care about neither of these because they are 2pure, I wish they had just given them a different name and my jimmies would remain unrustled, like a "keeper of the librarius" they could be a mix between librarians and chaplains or some shit that sounds less like fan fiction

They're messing with the campaign?

>when you play Night Lords and way more of your guys die to morale failures than the enemy

Fucking commissars.

I'm liking this.
Void Dragon's shards now.

You can't take EC Berzerkers, they can't have the Slaanesh keyword.

Chaos winning more fully.

Even NA.

Hooray!

Some warbands split but the 13th Black Crusade is ongoing.

>Chaplains get sent to learn their craft in the Imperial Church

Lol no they don't. You either have never read any 40k fluff or are trolling, because one of the major things about Chaplains and the traditions of SM Chapters is that they have remained stubbornly independent of the Imperial Church and refuse to see the Emperor as a god.

Chaplains train and teach new chaplains, there are no outside institutions that have any influence over it.

The Ecclesiarch is a High Lord of Terra.

Holy shit GeeDubs really want Chaos to win this week´s planet, deployment and stratagem for the defender are so biased that Chaos can´t job this

Summoning is just fine since summoned models aren't part of any Detachment.

Pretty sure there's already fanfic of someone creating a way for the emperor to communicate with people

It's day one. Chaos holds the lead in day one and then it's all Imperium. Happened thrice.

Being a Batmarine isn't easy when everything is scarier than your pale butt.

Which seems better (I know the list matters but bear with me)
>5 Terminators with Falchions
>Warlord Apothecary with a Hammer, Into the Fray, and Cuirass of Sacrifice

or

>5 Paladins, champion with a hammer and two with Incinerators

They don't need to.

At this rate, it's probably gonna end 3/3.

I should note that I see this as a good thing for those poor souls

Terminus is being debated and the power is definitely up to no good, just not been set off yet since GW don't want to move the lore along and get bogged down with that whilst 90% of factions are still using indexs

>Chaos can´t job this
Sounds like a challenge
Chaos will piss off their remaining xenos allies in 2 days

You also are fine if you keep the daemonettes in a separate detachment, parhaps with a herald as HQ.

Almost forgot
>Paladins besides champion have falchions

I've been reading betrayer and it's hard to hold a conversation with someone with the nails, they get twitchy and anxious, also drool a lot

That would be cool if they did a tie breaker but that's hoping too much I guess

GW is just blatantly manipulating the numbers now to keep all players interested lol.

Can't wait for the more immature fellow loyalistfags to start crying and wailing in rage that Chaos should never be allowed to win anything.

Don't try and RAW WAACfag this, it'll be fixed in the first errata. When they say "if able" they mean if it's a unit with the keyword.

Gullichad BTFO.

Your shit look good user. And don't worry I'll tell your sister to give it back.
when we are done with it :>)

appreciating the tabs friend

Why would GW change the cult marines being troops thing? That's kinda bullshit.

Ew

>Trips of trooth

... Well shit, I'm not sure I want it back now ...

They'd do it. Though if I remember right Guilliman gave a speech to a great deal of Ultramar and Grand Master Voldus was behind him, so unless the Inquisition starts murdering Ultramar the secret is out.

They do. On fourth planet they gave chaos a massive fucking headstart.

So no berzerkers as troops for World Eaters, eh? So that means it's retconed that all World Eaters got their brain surgery, right? I'm kinda ok with this because WHO THE FUCK drive their rhinos??

And if they can't, they don't have to. You only have to take Slaanesh if you can. Expect it to be FAQ'd, but yes, you can totally get EC zerks.

Grey Knights aren't retardo about their existence, just about their job as being Daemonhunters.

>Fluff about a group of GKs coming home after purging daemons to receive a distress signal of a planet beset by Orks. The GKs saved the planet and didn't purge a single human.

Also the Church probably knows of Daemons considering they can banish them. So no big deal. Otherwise "Hello I am a Marine from... the Silver... Soldiers chapter. Please teach me to Chaplain."

Voldus is Warden of The Librarius too though so he's easily explained without mention of the Grey Knights

God I hate RAWfags

>Each Chapter officially follows the basic tenets of the orthodox Imperial Cult of the God-Emperor of Mankind even as they maintain the older spiritual traditions of the Space Marines
>The Chaplains of a Chapter often display the Imperial holy symbol known as a Rosarius which is taken as a sign of fellowship between the faith traditions of the Astartes and the orthodox teachings of the Ecclesiarchy.

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Chaplain

How they they gonna learn the basic tenets if the Imperial religion if they aren't sent to the churches? Chaplains are not qualified to teach other chaplains. That's the job of the church.

Are Chaplain Venerable Dreads a good HQ choice for Iron Hands? they look pretty manly

>Chaos is so inept they need a handicap from GW to win a single planet

The first errata already came and it wasn't fixed. You know why? Because the Index army rules already prevent you from doing this.

As per Index, World Eater, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Chidren and Death Guard Army Rules prohibit any model without the appropiate mark from using them.

They'll bring it back when EC and WE get their own Codexes, probably sometime next year we'll see EC.

The hell is that ugly malproportioned gigantism meant to be?

I've not read the GK codex yet but you'd have thought GK's would have activated that shit.

>book mark for reddit
REEEEEEE THAT'S NOT A HUMOUR TAB.

Why does straken have a mossburg when he also has a plasma pistol? I get he's trying to be doomguy but it seems like a lot of extra weight

Always tasers. You need the high STR and lots of hits now they had their attacks nerfed.

>xpect it to be FAQ'd, but yes, you can totally get EC zerks.
Why would you abuse a loophole you know is going to be fixed and is unintentional? What a fag.

There were non-berserker WE CSM under the Traitor Legions book as well. Plus there are always Cultists.

>So no berzerkers as troops for World Eaters, eh?
You can still use them as troops with the index army rules. They are not overwritten in the codex.

>imperium so impotent they need 12 new units released during first 4 weeks of campaign which counts completed models

Its dark souls 3 weapons maths. Where else do I get that info. Veeky Forums? Dont make me laugh.