Additionally people that want to pay using Request Network don’t need to own the REQ coins personally—all they need...

>Additionally people that want to pay using Request Network don’t need to own the REQ coins personally—all they need is the currency they want to pay with.

This is way we are gonna get filthy rich

So even if the project takes off like crazy and is adopted everywhere, the tokens are useless and have little demand or purpose.

Count me in!

lol this coin is going nowhere. too ambitious and not very useful even if they succeed.

Ok, but include the following question: Why would anybody want to use this when paypal and venmo already exist?

THIS SI WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW, WHO THE FUCK WANTS A REQ TOKEN. WHAT IS THE UTILITY LF THE TOKEN, I THOUGHT THE NETWORK WAS WHAT GAVE THE WHOLE PROJECT VALUE.

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT THE REQ TOKEN GENTLEMEN OFPVER A LIMEN OR SOMETHING

Every transaction burns a REQ token so holding onto some will lead to gains the more popular the network is

FUCK YEAH BABY IM GONNA BE RICH

So what happens after 1 trillion tokens are burned up for transaction?

I will be filty rich

>tfw you're about to sell your REQ token but somebody in Albania made a transaction and your token got burned

The scale the burning relative to the value of the token and the volume of transactions, retard. It's infinitely scale-able.

Because PayPal costs 2.5-3.00% on average, which is extremely expensive if you're a retailer. It's about time someone slapped their shit.

>Venmo

Literally who?

Filthy rich in what coin? The one that got burned up for pajeets PnD?

REQ hasnt really blasted off to the moon, its more like taking an elevator to the moon. $1 end of January. SCREENCAP THIS

Paypal is a racket. 3% fee + $.30, 180 day returns. They can shut down your account and freeze your money for any reason. Stick their dirty hands into your credit card or bank account. Look up Paypal reviews, scammers left and right.

Gooby pls..

Work on your FUD.

You do not need to buy REQ, it is bought automatically as part of the transaction (usually at market rate on the Kyber decentralised exchange). The end user does not need to have any knowledge of this. Venmo is for friend > friend transfers, it does not support crypto, it does not convert currencies, it does not create an immutable record, it does not provide a flexible service (i.e. addition of escrow). It is a completely different application.

Every transaction will use a number of token whose value corresponds to the transactions fee, ie maybe 0.5%
95% of used tokens are burned
If 1trillion $ are transfered with req with a 0.5% transaction fee, users will have to pay for $5billion of req
1 trillion is not much for a money transfer servicre, nor is a 0.5% fee

So Req is burned up and used to make money in USD am I getting that right?

Not sure what you mean
Req tokens are needed to register transactions, the transaction fee is used to buy tokens on the market through kyber, 95% of used tokens are burned so they become scarce and their price will moon
The network is currency agnostic

For example
A request B: 1BTC ($15,000)
B pays A: 1BTC + 0.5% fee ($15,075)
$75 of REQ is purchased and burned
A receives $15,000 in REQ

Okay, I get it, so it's not an entire REQ token, it's just a fraction of a token that scales with the purchase that's use up right?

A receives the equivalent of 15k$ in any currency or crypto he wants supported by kyber

It can be several tokens or a fration, depens on the transfered amount and value of req tokens at the time on the kyber exchange.
The guy who stated one token is used per transaction is wrong

Wtf I hate REQ now

J/k just bought 100k