Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

What in the living fuck is up with these heads edition
>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

first for black templar!

2nd for fuck whoever posts 3rd

Is a combi-flamer worth it for an aspiring champion in a csm squad or should I give them a powerfist and plasma gun? or something else?

Wow, brand new general. Ok, I have what should be a quick, easy question. I was under the impression that you can only use one Stratagem per phase. Is that a restriction, or am I misremembering? And if it is, what page is it on in the BRB?

Second for nids. Tell me about your recent experiances with the hive mind anons.

It is a thing but only in matched play. It's in the matched play rules.

Part of the matched play rules, pg 215.

you are mis-remembering, the only limitation is using the same one in the same phase.

thats some grade a heresy if i were to ever see some.

What's the cheapest way to start GSC?

Cool nids, I rarely see blue bugs

What comic is this from?

Buy the index and then decide to wait for a start collecting box or bundle.

Are chaos cultist that good? I don't see chaos players in my LGS even use regular CSM and If they are, they're proxied as havoks

Do you have a friend who is interested in Deathwatch? Grab Deathwatch Overkill and split the cost. Give him the kill team, and keep the Broodcoven and huge blob of infantry for yourself. it even contains 4 aberrants, units you can get from absolutely nowhere else save for resellers.

Is that supposed to look retarded?

The World Eater/Black Templar tactical doctrine is simply brilliant. Normally you'd require tanks, artillery and mechanized infantry to assault an entrenched infantry position, tanks destroying the machine guns that threathen the infantry and the infantry supressing and killing the other infantry that can threaten the tanks.

But the Black Templars/Worls Eaters just say fuck you to the whole process and, realizing their power armor can hold off quite a bit of heavy bolter fire, just run straight at your trench and RIP AND TEAR in close combat where none of your heavy guns are even relevant. Makes me wonder why more marines don't do this.

>regular CSM
>proxied as havoks

aren't havocs just CSM with heavy weapons?

cultists are meh, good for objective sitting. The only problem is that 1k sons and DG have better versions of cultists.

I actually have a friend who has mild interest in Deathwatch. I'll check with him about it tomorrow. Thanks, user! Are there any Nid allies that would be good to get as well?

No, but they are cheap and thus good cannon fodder/objective holders.

Thanks bro, yeah i havent seen to many brighter coloured bugs around for a while and thought if go for it

It's a 4 page thing, I can post the whole thing if you like. Spoiler alert it features what may be the one happy man in the entire 40k universe.

Yes. Genestealer cults completely lack anti-air defense, and as such, a flying hive tyrant or a Hive Crone may be a good choice.

Not the user you were talking to, but you'll want some genestealers.

Well considering aspiring champions can't take non-combi guns...

Different user, I'd like to see it too.

Who is the only good Black Templar and why is it Grimaldus?

Genestealers look nice, and Hive Tyrants are beautiful models and would make a great god for my cult. A Hive Crone would be amazing, but price and limited availability are both hampering factors.

Problem with CSM (and tactical marines for that matter) is that they aren't very good for the point cost

If you want to shoot, get a dedicated shooty unit. If you want to smash face, get a dedicated smash face unit

Tacs and CSM don't do either particularly well though cost as much as units that do

Sorry for posting the last page first, I didn't expect anyone to want the whole thing in order.

Genestealers don't have to be Allies from the Tyranid list. Purestrain Genestealers are Genestealer Cult units, and thus benefit from faction specific buffs (look at the HQ rules), and share the same model.

Also, while the Hive Tyrant is a great model, it has the "Shadow in the warp" rule which may fuck with psykers from your genestealer cult.

>those faces
Vomit

Thanks!

>"Shadow in the warp" rule which may fuck with psykers from your genestealer cult.

SitW only affects enemy psykers

*plasma pistol and fist.

Any taufags here? I'm thinking about running a stealthsuit heavy army, are they as good as they seem on paper?

>Not liking Tankred

>liking 1d4chan-tier meme characters

Stealths are pretty decent
Definitely not the worst choice

pretty good, you can take homing beacons and pair them with flamer crisis suits.

Should I run 2 Scions squads with 2 melta and 2 Plasma or 1 ten man with both, or a 5 man with none and a Scion command with 2 of each?

I don't have enough bits to make anymore right now.

Was the deep striking directly into combat ever FAQ'd or erratta'd?

I was considering the same, had this cinematic idea in my head of 2 ghostkeels and 4 stealth squads with shadowsun getting up close, weathering the storm before charging forward dropping homing beacons to allow farsight and his crisis suits go deepstrike in and charging farsight into the nearest big target like a madman. All this whilst Aun'va sits back with a group of fire warriors and pathfinders slowly moving forward to secure the rear.

The double kauyon/montkah would be awesome

But aunva is ded like sanguinus

Yes run 2 melta 2 plasma. More battilion points.

That could work. As far as I can tell, you can do some neat tricks with stealth suits.

>deep strike farsight and drones next to enemy with stealth suits.
>deep strike the drones within 1 of an enemy you want to charge with farsight.
>deep strike farsight 1.5 inches away from that same enemy
>declare charge
>no overwatch because drones are within 1 inch

Dark eldar. Also known as laughing archons.

>fielding a dead guy

A lot of marines do this, GW just never bothers giving them rules that let them do it on the table.

Semi-related are melta scions viable? I'm running two squads in my Inquisition list and I haven't decided whether to make the second squad plasma for more of the same, melta for something different, flamers for Inquisitorial righteousness or volley guns because I like the aesthetic even if they're shit.

Playing my first game of 8th tomorrow, anything I should keep in mind?

Jesus christ all that fucking yellow

Gonna use that knight?
Make sure you've discussed LoWs with your opponent before

>Make sure you've discussed LoWs with your opponent before

I thought they got rid of that requirement.

>He plays Orks

Seriously though, I hate how much of a joke army they are, even among Ork players. 'lol losing is fun, I'm just here to mess around xD'

Sickening.

>anything I should keep in mind?

If you're playing against guard, you're fucked. This is all you need to know.

legit question.

Do noobs get to 2000pts and not know to bring enough anti-tank weapons?

Well, they are Imperial Fists successors...
Nah, doing 1000 points to keep it simple. Captain, Chaplain, 2x tactical squads, some heavy bolter devs, an assault squad and some termies. Goin up against necrons

LoWs=/=just tanks

You must have some shit Ork players locally if you're used to them losing

You still dedicate you Anti-tank weapons to bring it down.

against my Darkeldar i usually take one off the board a turn.

There's only 2 Ork players at my locals and they both win about 60%. One is brand new and the other is an old grizzled blacksmith who started orks in 3rd and never stopped. He even brings snacks for everyone. So I never understood the shitty ork player meme.

Anti tank won't stop Guilliman from violating you

Yeah. Because you are clearly suffering from a permanent brain injury, I'll just point out that LoW are generally a little harder to take care of than just tanks....

90% of the Ork codex is hot shit, so it's not that surprising that people would run into players who perform poorly. Plus the only way to run Orks effectively is full on Green Tide of 150+ Boyz, and most players, even Ork players, simply don't have those numbers. I do, and even I don't feel like always pushing 200 models around a board for 3 hours.

> LoW are generally a little harder to take care of than just tanks

point for point, not really.

i don't really have a problem with girlyman

But he's difficult because he's undercosted not because he's a lord of war.

R8

Chaos Daemons of Tzeentch 2000pts

Battalion Detachment 276pts

The Changeling 100pts
Herald of Tzeentch /w Staff of Change 83pts
Brimstone Horrors x11 33pts
Brimstone Horrors x10 30pts

Battalion Detachment 251pts

Herald of Tzeentch /w Staff of Change 83pts
Herald of Tzeentch 78pts

Super Heavy Detachment 1473

Magnus the Red 415pts
Renegade Knight with two Avenger Gatling Canons, Heavy Stubber and Stormspear rocket pod 559pts
Renegade Knight with Rapid Fire Battle Cannon, Reaper Chainsword, Heavy Stubber and Stormspear rocket pod 499pts
It's kind of incredible how cheaper Magnus is than Knight despite being much better unit than them.

But if I buy anti-tank weapons how will I fit 500 conscripts in the list?

If I use bloodletters as troops for a WE army does it count as battleforged?

No, I meant that I'm impressed that someone actually bothered to paint that much of a pain in the ass of a color. It was a compliment.

No, bloodletters aren't worldeaters

you have to summon them in or take a separate detachment

What is a WE army

The requirements of Battleforged is that every unit have at least one faction keyword in common, or the 'unaligned' keyword

Rate my League list?

IG
1988/2000pts

Battalion

HQ
Yarrick
Company Commander Plasma Pistol, Power Sword
Greyfax

Troops
45 Conscripts
5 Scions, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, 2 Melta
5 Scions, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, 2 Plasma Gun

Elites
Vets 5 Lasguns, Heavy Flamer, Vox, Lascanon Team

HS
Heavy Weapon Squad Auto Auto Las

Transport
Taurox Prime Gat Cannon Two Autocannons

Spearhead

HQ
Pask Punisher Lascannon Plasma Cannons
Primaris Psyker Gaze/Barrier

Heavy Support
Russ Conqureor
Bolter, Bolters

Russ Demo
Flamer, Flamers

Russ Executioner
Plasma, Plasmas

Elite
Vinidcare Assassin

Pic from last week.

Needs more Slaanesh

So have you got more than one painted model yet?

Idk user, that looks rapey enough.

Although i am not sure if i should remove rocket pods to swap second Knight to 2xGatling as well.

Lol thanks bro. Yellow is one hell of a pain, that was part of why I made my own chapter instead of doing proper Fists

Yeah, I painted the vets, one of the tempesters, Yarrick and Pask's tank. I'm not very good at painting so it's taking me awhile to get the motivation.

Very viable.

>khorne lord of skulls

>edition of the waac grey tide guard
Whoa what a year

Why not?

>puts 3-5 dark lances into the knight, costing me half or less of what the knight cost
>Knight can't shoot for shit or is dead
>Hard to take care of

But all the like 10 guard posters who show pics of their armies have them painted.

Cause fluff. It was fun watching him rip through the conscripts. He's a friend of mine and helps run the warhammer events, and this was for the last weeks event, so it wasn't very waac

Clearly you haven't heard about 8th edition. All the Tau are painted now. It's the guard armies that only come in a grey colour.... I know. We live I scary times.

I've got a large DE army and 8th edition has given me the hunger to trry a different flavour of elfdar - something suitably violent in CC and the only true answer to that is harlequins. To that end i'm drafting up 1500 point lists and this is my first attempt. What say you Veeky Forums?

Troupe master 94
Harlequin's embrace, fusion pistol

Shadowseer 134
Shruiken pistol, mistave

Solitaire 107
Harlequin's kiss, harlequin's embrace

Troupe 150
5 players with fusion pistols and harlequin's embrace

Starweaver 99
2 shruiken cannon

Troupe 150

Starweaver 99
2 shruiken cannon

Troupe 150

Starweaver 99
2 shruiken cannon

4 skyweavers 202
4 shruiken cannon, 2 zypher glaives

4 skyweavers 202
4 shruiken cannon, 2 zypher glaives

Main style of play is intended to be some extreme speed and basically ganking entire flanks with my army as a whole. A key element will be massivem ulti-charges with the starweavers and skyweavers eating overwatch for the infantry.

So we've got a pretty good idea of all the new Death Guard releases and I already know what I want out of an expanded Thousand Sons model range (Sorcerer Dreads, Psy-automata and the two other Occult orders),
but what new or old units would you guys want to see for the inevitable Emperor's Children and World Eaters releases?

I'm still working on painting, see

>tfw I get super anal about playing with unpainted armies
>finally got 1500 points done the other week
>go down to play in my FLGS' weekly tournament
>literally every army but one was entirely unpainted

>5 dark lances
>3.5 hit, 1.75 wound, 1.17 get through for 3.8 damage out of 24 needed to kill a Knight
>"Knight can't shoot for shit"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No but seriously dawg, at least use some black wash or something.

TIDDIES!

Made a 3,500 point list that's gonna just be primarily Custodes, Sisters, and Knights.

The Inquisitors and Vindicare are all Sisters of Silence conversions for theme, too.

Armor support is the Knights.

Thoughts?

>uses possibly the best anti armour faction to prove his stupid argument.
>still comes off sounding like a total retard.

Good show. I have been bested.

not that user, but the first one.

Dark eldar armies usually roll with atleast 1 dark lance per 100 pts as a rule of thumb. most run more, i run 28.

the statistical average to kill a knight is 31 dark lances