Warhammer 40k General Thread /40kg/

"Surely we can't fuck up THREE TIMES" edition

>Necromunda is coming back.
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning new planet. But for how long?
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing the Emperor's work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for the Four Armed Emperor

>MUH BESPOKE OP IMAGE makes his own thread
Faggot.

>Butthurt phone posting retard who was too stupid to use the subject line in his 40k thread screeches in autistic rage when someone does it properly

What the fuck? I didn't even post in the phoneposter thread, you philistine.

New Deathwatch codex when? Primaris flyer when?

I want Primaris Deathwatch (pic-related, not my model), and the Repulsor is too slow.

The McConnell 13th Airborne Pussyfoots always land on their feet

>painting black on black

WHAT

>capitalizes the word after an implication signifier
No, John. You are the phoneposter.
And then John was a retard.

I want Primaris LOTD.

...can we make a board rule that anyone trying to make a general that fucks it up gets a ban?

There's no fucking excuse for shit like the other failgeneral.

IT IS KNOWN AND HAS BEEN KNOWN FOR AEONS THAT CHAOS BLACK SPRAY AND ABBADON BLACK PAINT ARE NOT THE FUCKING SAME

>Not understanding luster

stop giving him (you)s, you fucking retards.

Not posting a meme OP image
Found the gay

Thanks for the free (you)

Jesus mates, pick a thread

Repostan cause thread died right as I did, I'm looking to make a 30k-themed chaos warband, and have decided to make something a little different as the models and colors of the standard legions are a little boring for my tastes.

I know yiffs we're pretty wild back in the HH days, would their blueish grey with heretic bits and some khornate runes look good? The idea of proppa space viking pillagers sounds like a good time, it's what I like about the SoH (cept I hate all their schemes). Plus kitbashing wolf/chaos/30k materials seems like a HUGE range of cool stuff to sort through, and I can finally get some horned helmet wildlings covered in pelts, flayed skin, and all that cool shit.

Would traitor wolves be too unfluffy/OC donutsteel?

What's wrong with you? Do you have some mental condition that makes you post this for days straight? Are you like the person posting the BLACK'D meme for weeks over and over?

Has anyone found a way to fit an Imperial Knight into a GK list? Strongly considering selling mine since it's hard to find him a spot.

It's very difficult to fit a Knight into a GK list since GK need a lot of synergy to work, which costs a lot of points. Putting a knight in gives you a lot of dakka but GK can more than make this up with the mortal wounds they dish out every turn.

so what's up with HH?
I stopped going there when the FoC and stuff started and I go back and it's almost deserted

What 40k race would be the worst shitposters on Veeky Forums? My bet is Orks for obvious reasons

Angelus has been delayed to late 2018 at the earliest.

Literally every single Astropath.

8th edition, bad release schedual, and a huge figure in the creative process died recently

Eldar. Their whole shtick is "I WAS ARGUING IN BAD FAITH ON PURPOSE".

HH needs to be 8th edition compatible so that be a resin crack addict

If I ran my Custodes Telemon Dreadnought as a Leviathan Dread in normal 40k games with my Custodes, do you think anyone would mind?

Probably just count as a Storm Cannon and Siege Drill

That's what I thought. I bought it back in 7e to supplement them, and now it turns out that they work against GK.

>pale
>deformed
>shunned
Checks out

not at all, proxies are extremely common
at least where i play

now there are those WYSIWYG nazis that wont let you play anything in your army that isnt modeled but you should avoid those guys anyways

If you absolutely NEED retarded amounts of dakka then you should take a Land Raider Crusader and give it that psybolt stratagem. Shit's bananas.

>doesn't line break between paragraphs

See me after class.

You can do anything if your opponent is your friend.

Since there is Shadow War General, and who is playing it again now with the run up to Necromunda?

I did notice that development kinda stopped after inferno hit, novels have been stale (it feels as if MoM was the last book released) and general movement seemed to have decreased, weird considering that before Inferno a lot of people were saying HH was growing really fast
agreed, at first it didn't bothered me but after getting used to 8th going back to 7th felt like a chore

Could I make a warboss on a bike just using the regular warbiker box, just adding a bunch of gubbins onto a single bike?

Working on a DKoK list, is there a reason to take heavy "mortars" or quad guns over regular heavy weapons teams (outside of looking neat)? It seems like they are less effective for a greater cost.

I've got one. Shit's less than 300 pts. Ridiculously cool.

>could I do a thing that I have just explained I can do
Gee

How do you use this for basing?

Stick it on before basing with stuff like Astrogrinite?

While sticking on astrogranite?

After the astrogranite etc is dry?

Maybe tau but the butthurt has died down.
Necrons are quiet
Nids show up and post cute and everyone gets triggered
Deldar seem cool
Craftworld eldar don't exist
Ynnari are shippers but haven't seen that much anymore.
Orks are bros

refer to winters seo basing tutorial video

Khorne SW exists. He had white hair and beard, glowing red eyes, and very dark bronze terminator armor with bluish rust

I think khorne or undivided SW don't seem out of place. I would recommend you make them look more Chaos than SW, i.e. give them chaos star or chaos God icons and CSM or generic armor, and SW heads. Otherwise you'll just look like custom colored SW with wolf shit everywhere

I'll use it for games like Execution Force and Space Hulk, and "reinforce" the boards even more!

I would rather just let you use the Telemon rules but they're not 8E right? So yeah I'd let you use it as a leviathan.

>take Prospero game boards
>put them together into a gaming table
>put skulls everywhere

Bam! You got post-invasion Prospero!

IG and Taufags are the worst by a significant margin.

Honorable mention to the false flagging Ultramarines "players".

The head FW writer died to cancer in like June.

>NEW NECROMUNDA

Fuck yes my body is not ready.

>let you

Belisarius Cawl himself.

>thinks he can just use illegal 30k units in a 40k army whenever he wants

Yeah "let you", faggot. Because you literally can not.

Please. Marinefags are way worse, shitting up whole threads on whose special snowflake recolour dudes are the best. Chaos takes second place for constantly being screeching autists.

>thinks he has power

Painting up my IG army and want to run Pask (or any other Tank Commander) but the fact that tank commander models are standing up in the cupola is fucking retarded. Way to get shot in the face, idiot.

Would people be butthurt if I just say "yeah the Russ with the 3 heavy bolters and a punisher gatling turret is my Commander"?

>shitting up whole threads on whose special snowflake recolour dudes are the best
Is that not on-topic discussion?

God I'm glad there's no one like you at my lgs
if you even play at all that is

That's what I used to do, no one complained. Another good way is to take a flag from the command squad set and put it on the tank somewhere.

They aren't as vocal as Tau and IG players tho.

And Chaos players quieted down since they got good shit with 8th, and even before that with the late 7th legion rules.

No, and if they do you shouldn't play or speak with them.

Oh I like the idea with the flag.

So are we talking about 40k in this thread or what?

>quieted down since they got good shit with 8th
Where the FUCK have you been posting?

Death company terminators when?

IG players love their armies and love to talk about them. There's nothing wrong with them.

>People still upset about Tau despite them being fine to fight against in 8th and all the insufferable Tau players have moved on
>Guard players are the only people who consistently play and have full painted armies

You sound like a butt hurt Marine players. Checks out.

Just any kinda bling that makes one particular tank stand out is fine. My IG playing friend just got one of the brass aquilas from FW and added it to the front of his commander russ.

Any taufags mind giving me some input on my basic 1k list? Trying to make a stable backbone to expand on, I went and bought 4 boxes of stealthsuits today (I love these things, already had 6) and I already have 2 boxes worth of pathfinders.

Vanguard
HQ:Darkstrider

Elite:5 Stealthsuits with Burst-cannons+ATS, 2 Shield Drones. x3

Fast Attack: 7 Pathfinders with Carbines+ML, 3 with Railrifles,2 Shield Drones, Recon Drone. x2

Yes, but it doesn't make it any less annoying or shitting the thread up for anyone else.

At least most of the hardcore muhreen autists fucked of to /hhg/

Just use appropriate markings to diferentiate them.

I do the same thing with my marines. I can't stand the fact that the squad leaders are helmetless so I give them a red helmet.

Never. Terminators won't get anymore updates in 40k. Gravis armor is the new hotness. Maybe in time there will be Gravinators, but Aggressors are designed to supplant the battlefield role of Terminators.

Does anyone out there just play normal games anymore ?

By that I mean not total WAAC faggotry but not special snowflake fluffy narrative lists with weird missions. You know, just like a mixed forced , hq, a few troops choices , a few choices from other slots, but where both players are playing to win ultimately. There seems to be no real middle ground or guidance within that area for how imo the game is intended to be played.

Am I making any sense?

Magnetize a flag or a bright gold aquilla to signify a leader

>discussions I'm not interested in count as "shitting up the thread"
How about no.

Thats exactly what Open Play is for. In fact, they encourage Open Play matches where you just put your army down in the middle of a battle.

>tfw play marines but only because I live dreadnoughts.
>just love having my little robot boxes stomp up the field
>don't play forgeworld or ultramarines and actively ask my opponent if my list was too strong if I win.
>avoid shitposting
>end up getting lumped in with all the guilliman running waac autists anyway

I was thinking about this earlier. Like, lists used to be like

>Terminator captain
>terminator squad
>2 tac squads
>Dread
>Predator

versus

>Warboss
>Nobs
>few Boyz mobs
>bikers
>dread

Now it's all dumb gimmick lists and spam.

>250/400 posts forming massive muhreen jerkoff sessions
>Not shitting up thread

No I mean both people are still using points and normal force organisation rules and playing to win, they're just not WAAC faggots or playing some weird narrative thing with Uber subpar choices.

Been reading Eye of Medusa, it's actually rather nice to see the Skitarii in action and actually managing to do things. Ruststalkers are terrifying and a massive handful even for Astartes, Vanguard just don't give up even as the Guard and even some of the Raven Guard are breaking and dying around them, Ironstrider squadrons are trading fairly evenly with Marines. Sicarian hunting packs are ripping a column of separated Iron Hands apart in detail and it is GLORIOUS. Ave Omnissiah, I suppose.

Colossal arachnid Archmagos is wading through fire from an entire army of Chaos Skits and only went down when a fucking IMPERATOR TITAN fired on him, Ordo Reductor doing work, Ordinatii Minoris duelling that Titan and the fortress, hundreds of millions of Skitarii engaging across a sector under the command of the Voice of Mars. So nice to get the Admech as something other than bumbling incompetents.

You just need to find an area not filled with WAACfags or that wasn't infected by a single or handful of WAACfags who started an arms race.

And that guy saying open play is what you're looking for is a retard since open play is the snowflake narrative shit you said you weren't referring to.

You'll just have to ask the WAACfags to stop going ham with their lists. If all the players in your area ONLY own the best units in the game, your local is cancer

lel, one of my shops just had this. It was a rolling battle and people just slapped down some of their favorite units and eventually everyone who stopped by that day played at some point, was pretty cool to be honest.

anyone willing to critique my 1850 orks list?

HQ:
Warboss w/power klaw, kombi-skorcha
99pts

Big Mek w/kustom force field
75pts

Weirdboy
62pts

Elites:
5 Nobs, 1 kombi-skorcha, 3 power klaws, 2 big choppas
197pts

1 Nob w/waaagh! banner
75pts

Troops:
28 boyz w/1 nob w/power klaw
210pts

210pts

210pts

Heavy Support:
Gorkanaut
295pts

1 Deff Dread w/3 dread klaws and skorcha
131pts

1 Deff Dread w/3 dread klaws and skorcha
131 pts

Flyers:
1 Wazboom Blastajet w/2 tellyport mega-blastas and 2 supa shootas
155pts

Right here my man, point me out on the last 2 threads the number of chaos players complaining about anything. Can't find one ? Yhea, I thought so. No, that DG guy that keep asking for leaks doesn't count.

>full painted armies
>Tau players have moved on

I'm not even gonna bother.
I play AdMec btw

My lgs of course has a WAACfag and "I'm gonna play this super fluffy bad list but still bitch when I loose" fan base, but a lot of people just build lists of units that they like and try and make them into a still competitive army, those goldilocks fames stull exist, just sometimes they are hard to find if your community is cancer

>Can't read or even think of a response
Yeap, AdMech player. All the AdMech players at my store are cheaters and creeps. Now I guess I can add "retarded" as a synonym.

Nah, I know what you mean. I look back on old battle reports sometimes and think how neat some of those armies look. Yet if you posted a list like those in pic related here or one of the other 40k forums, you'd get laughed off the internet.

t. IGfag plastic regiment whining scum

I love how this thread is ONLY faggots whining about marinefags and no actual marinefagging

I also love how it's ok for IG to IGfag an it's "just love and talk for their army" but if it's a marinefag doing it it doesn't count and is cancer

>Chaos can't break the tie even with fudge numbers
LMAO

Just put a unique colored die on it.

fun as fuck and a great way to test models since no one really cares if you proxy a bunch of shit

My area is really good for that. Tons of people who just play whatever they like. I'm not a big fan of snowflake narrative things either, nor do I want to be forced to play hyper competitive games. Thankfully we have tons of people I can play against that take a nice mixed bag.

>last two threads
>that's not even 12 hours

My friends and I play casual competitive, where yes, we're trying to beat eachother, but also not just spam conscript blobs or whatever is cheese this edition.

Guard fags barely talk about their army, they just post pictures of games they play, with their fully painted armies. Most of the discussion is on stupid primarch lore or discussing what Chaos or Marine thing is coming out next mixed in with some tranny shitposting.

>complains people only complain
>only complains
What army do you play user, what was your last game like? I have a game tomorrow with my fully painted guard force, I'm excited

Exactly. I still build my lists like that , I started in 3rd edition and felt an army was meant to look like this pic and go against something similar.

>tranny shitposting
I bet you're one of those weirdos who think liking traps is gay?

>old school thirsters
Wish we could turn back time... to the good ol days...