Are online TCGs Veeky Forums related?

Are online TCGs Veeky Forums related?

Other urls found in this thread:

swordgirls.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm asking because tcgs are supposedly Veeky Forums related, while vidya is /v/ and or Veeky Forums related

is something stops being Veeky Forums related if it has a vidya?

It is a digital form for a thing that would be on a tabletop in a physical form.
Yes.
It is like arguing if roll20 is Veeky Forums reƶated

what about playing house? is that Veeky Forums related?

Traditional games means playable without a computer.
Does it have physical cards?
If it is already /v/ and Veeky Forums related, why the fuck are bringing it here?
That's like trying to discuss spoons in /k/ because theoretically they could be used as weapons.

>fucking alteil

I worked on that game.

Legit best TCG I played (but then I only played like 5 or 6).

>you can't discuss improvised weapons on /k/
pity. a potantialy good thread doomed to ban from the getgo.

what if i print the cards and play it with my friends? i can potentialy play this game offline.

>Traditional games means playable without a computer.
But what about quests.

I played it as well. why did you stop? the first time i just burned mtself out after forcing myself logging every day for the daily free card. i returned years later to see the interface has changed and is now running very slowly on my pc so after a few weeks i kinda stopped playing.

anyway i warmly reccomend sword girls online since you can choose which cards you are getting.

The game went under, so I couldn't play, even if I wanted to (also, I felt that there was a very logical formula for determining card strength/level in the beginning, but later sets absolutely demolished that).

Card/resource acquisition being shit definitely killed the game, and yeah, the new version had to deal with slowdowns.

Alteil went under? when? why?
is there a copy available to play? sword girls has an imitation maintained by fans

The US branch, because they ran out of money, I think around march. The JP branch should still be alive, but it's a very different game.

>it's a very different game
does it have the old interface?

Haven't checked, I think it has one that's like the old interface but a bit improved... but if it still has that, it means it's still in Flash.

I'm curious, what other did you play?

MtG, HoMM (yes, there was a TCG, also already went under), two different, but equally terrible hungarian TCGs, ad a buncha flash ones like Elements (that one was flash, right?) and Kongai (does that one even count?).

whats kongai and why shouldn't it count?

Kongai is on kongregate (sp?). It's technically a card game, because things are on cards, but it's more like competitive pokemon without the grinding, but with mindgames and a bit bullshit RNG.

You could play it IRL though, it's rather transparent.

Not updated since last year but still, it's better than nothing: swordgirls.net/

already playing that. man, passcode and ressurgence are cheat. i wish i could make a normal deck that could match up to those, both in power and with the ability to counter.

bump