>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/topic/253031-épinglé-manuel-du-général-v2/
imgur.com/user/ravik87
games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for the everwinter

I'm thinking of either bumping one of my 20s up to 30, or adding a second priest (third prayer). I COULD use more 30 rat blobs, but I like the fire support from a warp lightning cannon ally

Lexicanum needs your help getting everything up-to-dte with age of sigmar. Sign-up and start editing.

If you don't have any books, you can also go over the product description and the warscrolls and add information from there.

Reposting in new bread:
Haunted forest user here. What are some good crossovers I can use between death and Sylvaneth that could count as things from either side? Obviously big stuff like Terrorgeists don't really have an equivalent, but a lot does I think with a bit of creative modeling and kit bashing.

Dryads = Zombies/Skeletons?
Revenants = Spirit Hosts
Branchwych = Cairnwraith
Branchwraith = Banshee
Kira both = Morghasts?

Not sure on the sizes in the Morghasts and Dryads. Any other ideas or input? I'm really liking this idea.

Army fluff idea: in the realm of life there exists a cemetery within a forest for people who fought against chaos but were not cool enough to become stormcast. Signal saved the souls ignored the departed from the forces of chaos and death, and their bodies were laid to rest there.

Sometimes they are called to return to their corporal bodies either to defend their graves or to fight against evil once more. Even in death they gladly defend against those who would despoil life and those who fight against the light of Sigmar.

What rules would best represent these?

Paint the Dryads as dry driftwood.

>Sigmar autocorrected to Signal
spotted the phoneposter

skaven a shit

Is there a PDF or something for the new points already?

Hey guys
I've been playing strictly chaos since AoS came out but I've recently wanted to build and paint up my starter set stormcast.
Any suggestions on what to add onto the starter force? Should I go for the ranger guys or not? thanks

use the vanguard guys that have ridiculous shooting and can teleport everywhere

And then what happened?

the book comes out saturday

I was thinking that or maybe a faded grey-brown. What would they do better to count as, though?

How's the usual meta of this game?

Is it played with lots of infantry? Heroes centered? Monster festival?

warhammer-forum.com/index.php?/topic/253031-épinglé-manuel-du-général-v2/

Well done. I'm glad that you're right on top of shit that doesn't matter.

New generals handbook will change the entire meta this saturday

Swap the heads

Ok, but that's not really what I asked.

the usual meta is irrelevant because the GHB is a massive change to the game

you can play mass infantry, monster mash, herohammer, spell spam, artillery_sniper420_xx, whatever you want

Is Thanquol still worth his points?
I want a new monster for my rats, but I dunno what to take

From just hearsay, Heroes and monsters die really easy to fire.
So you either Yolo with your hero or keep him at the back casting buffs (there's tons of buffs now).
OR he's one of the few gargantuan beasts that can't be killed easily.

Spamming good ranged units, and having a somewhat durable unit of infantry or cavalry that you absolutely fill to the brim with buffs is the way to go.

Again, I never played a single game, just hearsay from others.
Fire is very dangerous and everything is fragile except some big, big exceptions.
Massive units of mooks are usually good or useful. Elite risks being butchered before it can act.

are you the person this morning who wanted skeletons and stormcast?

just no

most groups will not allow such blatant proxies

Sounds like either a Death Army of Skellies or you can try to paint freeguild as ghostly or ethereal colours.

Can you have two Crown of Conquest in a given army?

Not after Saturday in matched play

Can you send me the link for that?

It's on the community site. One of the first articles they did on GHB2.

>one of the more thematically interesting options is not available

Weird. So we have leaks of the new allies list in the 2017 Handbook then?

end of the point lists in

Did freeguild/free peoples get a new allegiance ability in GH2?

Yeah saw that just after posting, but thanks.

yes

whats interesting is that its not Freeguild, but rather Free People

That means you can finally reunite the Empire factions under a single banner

Even more interesting is that Bretonnians could be brought with this allegiance, since they are also Free People

>pestilens and skryre are getting allegiance abilities
>not verminus

I don't even know that I'd have to. I could just as easily put some sort of tree in between the spirits.

Fuck that was horrible. Hopefully the new scheme works better. Just finished the skin. Now have to do fur and shit then I'm done the unit that's taken me a FUCKING YEAR

damn dude, good luck

If I run all blightkings how fucked will I be

Yeah but brets don't actually exist so yanno . .

>0 rend
laughing saurus guard.gif

What's the actual ability then?

its the old empire detachments

units near each other can help each other in various ways

It's not like -1 rend would do anything either. If anything, -1 would be better for the Guard since it would be a waste of points of the other guys.

Are Saurus Knights still bad? Can I finally field my army of nothing but Dinosaurs on Dinosaurs?

The point is that if your army doesn't have some Rend-2 or mortal wounds then it's a shit tier army because it will lose to a bad army like saurus guard spam

I use a mainly saurus guard army but it doesn't do well, should I get more? I only have 15, and when they go down from some unlucky rolls I'm pretty much done. I've been thinking of getting another 15, but most of the people at my FLGS play 40k now. They got me into it too, I still like AoS more.

Saurus knights at 100 points per 5 is really nuts. You can directly compare them to Liberators:

2 wounds vs 2 wounds
More attacks
Higher move, can march to move 14" per turn
Better attacks (though the stormcast special weapons make them very close in terms of damage output)
Seraphon synergy lets them reroll hits, adds bonus attacks to their bites and mount attacks, reroll charges, reroll saves, double damage on wound6 bite attacks (both rider and mount!), and more
5+ save vs 4+ save, but you can ignore Rend-1

They don't have any Rend but you can find other ways to punch through armor with Seraphon. Carnosaur should have access to Rend-2 bites now, which is fantastic and exactly what Seraphon needed.

Yeah Knights are gonna be bretty gud now

Already making a Bloodclaw list with 20+ knights

Guard suck. They can have a 2+ rerollable save that ignores Rend-1 but they crumble hard to any kind of mortal wounds.

A single knight heraldor can kill 20-60% of your squad per turn.

They might be better in a metagame with horde units, though

I've heard that Warriors that aren't in blocks of 40 weren't that great either. What should my frontline/battleline be then, my little Skink dudes?
I don't have any knights, they look tempting to use now, but honestly I think their Cold Ones model look really derpy so I didn't really like to use them.

DESU if seraphon were still lizards, I would have had a harder time choosing my army last year. Instead I was full ratkin.

Saurus Warriors in blocks of 10 are fine for battleline right now. Neither Guard or Warriors will do much relevant damage if you're just bringing them as a screen, and having 10 wounds per 100 points is better than 5 wounds per 100.

I'll have to see how having access to 60 point Skinks will change things up. Having to spend only 180 points on battleline tax sounds really awesome. Leaves a LOT of room in a Kroak+Vortex list.

I play alot of seraphon so -1 rend is shit

Soon

And it's not like fluffy nurgle has mortal wounds or -2 rend

Will Warrior blocks of 40 be worth it?

I thought we were getting cuthulu elves, but I guess we are not. This makes me sad, because I want to play the game, but no armies appeal to me. Why does GW do this?

I need ideas for a Nurgle demons warband, in terms of an overarching theme.
I was thinking since the new unique lord that comes from the Blightwar box is a gardener, maybe follow something along those lines?

>there are people in this thread who don't own over 300 grots

>implying new meta won't be 120 skinks in shadowstrike
>new allegiance ability means two units can practically teleport across the board
>squads of 40 that cheap can actually pin stonehorns and big units in combat finally
Welcome to age of skinkmar everyone

I, for one, welcome our skink overlords

>own
how about:
>use
>have painted

So is there anywhere I can go to see any General's Handbook stuff not already shown on the Community website? I've seen a few things posted here, but some people in this thread are talking about things I haven't seen yet

>no armies appeal to me
>wash it's GW's fault!
Seriously kid? There are so many factions and subfactions that GW are already flat out trying to keep up to date. If you can't find something interesting that's your fault, not theirs.

it might be old news, but since i just picked the stuff up...how the fuck are retributors balanced? 220pts for 5 models 3W each, with 2 attacks on 3+ that can cause 2Dam or 2MW each and can be boosted to trigger on 5+ by lord celestant?

look at their movement and their bravery

>He paints his miniatures
Pathetic

Now seriously, no-one bothered to save the imgur link? Not a single one of us?

Still missing rotbringers points.

here you go

imgur.com/user/ravik87

>There are people in this thread who use Games Workshop brand Ultra-Trademark Nay'emms for things like goblins and ogres.

Anyone got Skaven Clan Verminus battalions points?

But will tomb kings be in the new book?

*laughs in skink*

No, and nothing of value was lost.

I'd sign up and help if it didn't want me to put in a bloody real name, personal biography and fucking CV.

No, but GW will publish a pdf with the Compendium stuff.

hey guys, are there leaks of the allegiance abilities yet?

how viable are pure deathrattle armies? Skeletons get a lot of attacks but they seem like a slow melee meme army, and in large numbers you seem forced into spears so the second rank can actually attack

... do you get slaves to paint yours?

Been thinking about getting into this. About how long do matches usually last at 1000pts? 1500? And 2000?

Go on the MiniWarGaming Channel on Youtube. They read each one.

1000pts is slightly over an hour
2000 can be between 2 to 3 hours

Arch Warlock
Warlock Engineer
Warlock Engineer
Grey Seer (Ally)

10 Acolytes
3 Stormfiends (Ratling Guns)
1 Warpgrinder
2 Poisonwind Mortars
2 Warpfire Thrower
2 Warplightning Cannons
40 Clanrats (Allies)

Clan Skryre
2 Arkspark Voltik

for 2000 points.

Dickish? Not dickish enough?

Anny coments to Sylvaneth changes?

I don't think you can field that. You'll need three battleline units, and Allies don't count to the minimum required.

Oh right.
Then two times 5 Acolytes.

So are stormcast like just living suits of armor infused with souls of warriors past?

How about when they die, does the soul bound up in them just explode out when the armor can no longer contain it, looking like the Protoss Zealots death animation in Starcraft?

Battalions got approximately 150-200% price increase. Kurnoth hunters are now 220, some stuff got cheaper

And how will looks like new set of Sylvaneth army?

>It's a preview of a new novel you can expect from David Guymer next year, starring a character David describes as "the Age of Sigmar equivalent of Ciaphas Cain"…

>THE STORY

>Hamilcar Bear-Eater, greatest hero (in his own words) of Sigmar’s armies, is the latest in a long line of castellans to hold the critical yet precarious stronghold of the Seven Words. With skaven threatening, Hamilcar can conceive only one sure way to hold the Seven Words – to challenge the entire horde to single combat.

How will this turn out?

>living suits of armor infused with souls of warriors past

>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Factions-Guide

Excuse me? This update changes army building a little bit. My guess is that we won't be seeing kurnoth spam anymore and dryad hordes with drycha will be more frequent. Battalions will be used in higher pointlimit games. I'm waiting with excitement!

>Challenging a notoriously cowardly and back stabbing race to honorable combat

This is just so fucking stupid.

Oh. So they're shitty space marines.

There goes the little interest I had in AoS.

Is there even an AoS book without Stormcast?

I tried to read the first two and they were plain horrible.
I read City of Secrets and there were just enough Stormcast to ruin the book.

>challenging a horde to single combat

what did he mean by this?

Unless at least half the book is written from the Skaven's perspective, it's gonna suck.

The Grey Seer book of Gotrek and Felix was fucking golden because of that.

>Yes-yes, we fight it in "single-combat". We swear-promise.
> Quickly, Grab-grab as many trenchcoats as you can, you fools!